PDA

View Full Version : Ijah Anderson

Ruskin Old Boy
24-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Brentford left back: anyone seen him play? Palace have been watching him over the last few weeks apparently.

Farnboro' Eagle
24-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Linked in todays News of the World

Eagle
24-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Best people to ask are the Brentford guys who post on here but from what i hear he is highly rated and one of the best left footed players in Division 2.
We certainly need another left back at club cos at the moment Granville has no competition for his place.

posh Eagle
24-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Newsflash Francis is looking to put a bid in for Ijah Anderson, Does anybody think he will be good or rubish for Palace, or should he go to Brighton?????? :vader:

Coulsdon Eagle
24-11-2002, 02:27 PM
There's something about this in the News of the World, seems he's available on a free, if so give him a try out, it says he's a left back, (left sided player ....bye bye Jules Gray?)

muffdaddy
24-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Coulsdon Eagle
There's something about this in the News of the World, seems he's available on a free, if so give him a try out, it says he's a left back, (left sided player ....bye bye Jules Gray?)
Bye, bye, Danny Granville more like.

posh Eagle
24-11-2002, 03:16 PM
:o Well said muffdaddy Granville is rubish :p I agree with you on that

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-11-2002, 04:35 PM
I thought some cretin posted this because he is good on champ manager (which he is) and I was ready to shout them down,

how I am dissapointed that I no longer have that opportunity.

I cannot thyink of many decent cheap if not free low wage left backs so he may be worth checking out

Tom_Snelling
24-11-2002, 04:41 PM
:p SIGN HIM

I saw him play when I went with a friend to a Brentford reserve match and he was superb. Agreed he is also quality on Champ Manager (Does anyone when the new Champ Manager is coming out??) A left sided ENGLISH player is coming increasingly rare so I say snap him up as soon as possible.
Also, does anyone know if Palace will have to sell anyone in January like most other suffering first division clubs?

PALACE FOREVER

Oz_da_Eagle
24-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom_Snelling
(Does anyone when the new Champ Manager is coming out??)

I heard February

Twyford Bee
24-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Not popular at the moment amongst fans, has been seen as not trying and was seriously at fault for a goal we conceded a few weeks by being about 50 yards out of position. Requsted a transfer earlier this season due to lack of first team opportunities, but he appears to not be good enough to get in the team reguarly any more. Did actually play centre-half yesterday after many expected him never to play for Brentford again (he was free-transfer listed a few weeks ago but his contract is still running from what I can see), and people seemed to think he played a lot better.

Shame really as I really wanted to see him get a testamonial (he's been with us since 1993), may not get one now even if he does hang around till the end of the season.

Can't see him getting in your team if he's not in ours. Turn the clock back a few seasons, and maybe he wuld have been worth having.

AndyChapman
24-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Sign him hes gotta be better than poxy Granville (If left back).

Louis
24-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Talking of left backs, I thought Grimsby's left back yesterday was very good.

Latvian
24-11-2002, 08:02 PM
anyone but pissing Granville

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Louis
Talking of left backs, I thought Grimsby's left back yesterday was very good.

I thought Grimsby's goalie was good!

Maybe when Wayne R is back and so is Fleming then Butterfield will be moved to left back

Gooders
24-11-2002, 09:20 PM
I saw enough in 5 minutes of Borrowdale yesterday to believe that he could well be challenging for that spot before very much longer. :p

What?
24-11-2002, 10:25 PM
If he is good on Champ then we must buy him.

As for Borrowdale he put in 1 cross which was better than anything Gray could muster in the whole game.

glaziers fan
24-11-2002, 11:14 PM
what's happened to Wayne Quinn? He used to be good. Also, Taylor is the best left wing-back in the division by a mile..apart from Jules!

Gazza2
25-11-2002, 09:53 AM
More likely that we r looking to replace Gray than Granville. Gray is out fo contract at end of season, and is not signing a new one = will be sold in January. Plus being young = higher fee = probably around 1.5m I would hope.

Daddy Long
25-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
what's happened to Wayne Quinn?

Newcastle Reserves I think.

sydnsteve
25-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Gazza2
More likely that we r looking to replace Gray than Granville. Gray is out fo contract at end of season, and is not signing a new one = will be sold in January. Plus being young = higher fee = probably around 1.5m I would hope.

The way he played on Sat first half, we won't get 1.5p for him. He might not be signing a new contract, but he is so far from fulfilling his 'potential' that I would be amazed if anyone comes in for him. I used to think he was going to be very good, but he is just going backwards, doesn't make challenges, and his crossing is still awful.

Edmundo
25-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Ijah is a bit of a legend at Griffin Park. He joined about seven years ago and is our longest standing player by some considerable distance, having played for seven different managers at Brentford (Wbb, May, Adams, Noades, Lewington, Coppell and Downes). He is a very tenacious left back. He is quick and strong in the tackle. For someone of 5'6" he is astonishingly good in the air. But his distribution is not great and he gets a nose bleed if he crosses the half way line. He's always been a crowd favourite because he always gives 150%. Until this season, that is, when he has seemed to lose interest and asked to go on the transfer list. He clearly thinks he is good enough for the First Division. I'm not so sure - but if he does join you, I wish him well. If he stays with us, I wish that he bucks his ideas up and plays like he did against Wigan, not like he did against Barnsley.

Beanie
25-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Gazza2

Whilst not knowing what is happening with Gray, I doubt any move for Anderson would be related. Gray is a winger who sometimes plays wing back, Anderson is an out and out full back. There seems little similarity apart from the fact that paly the same side of the field.

Elephant with mouse gyp
25-11-2002, 02:17 PM
I used to see Brentford quite a bit back then, or maybe a couple of years later. It's the Taylor/Asaba/Forster side I'm thinking of. I was there one time when David Webb marched up to the touchline and shoved Marcus Bent during play, for not trying or something. I've forgotten most of the players but can come up with Jamie Bates, Barry Ashby, Ijah Anderson and Carl Hutchings as well as Asaba, Bent, Forster and Taylor. Who am I missing? Oh yeah, there was someone called Scott(?) Mean, I think, who came from West Ham. I quite liked him but he seemed to disappear. Most of them seemed to end up at Gillingham.

El Aguila
25-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Er, thanks Elephant.
So, is he any good, then?
He ain't no informative and helpful poster - Elephant with mouse gyp.

Elephant with mouse gyp
25-11-2002, 02:33 PM
The last post was for all round sound people like Edmundo, not smart Alecs like you.

The last time I saw him was about seven years ago but from what I can remember I agree with Edmundo's assessment. He would be more likely to hoof the ball up to Adebola than link up sweetly with Gray, I would guess, if you want all threads to adhere to strict Palace parochialism.

Cleon
25-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Er, thanks Elephant.
So, is he any good, then?
He ain't no informative and helpful poster - Elephant with mouse gyp.

You should count yourself lucky that EWMG didn't chose to move this onto an analysis of the 1970s trade union movement El Aquila!!!

:D

El Aguila
25-11-2002, 02:38 PM
He will, Oscar, he will.

Elephant with mouse gyp
25-11-2002, 02:40 PM
So you can't name the rest of the players in that Brentford side either?

(1970s Trade Unionism in Britain: A Brief Overview - Industrial Militancy Minus Political Programme Equals Disorientation and Defeat).

sydnsteve
25-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

(1970s Trade Unionism in Britain: A Brief Overview - Industrial Militancy Minus Political Programme Equals Disorientation and Defeat).

A lesson that the unions need to bear in mind at present.

Gooders
25-11-2002, 06:20 PM
Some sense, some sense, my Kingdom for some sense.

Edmundo
26-11-2002, 12:17 AM
I used to see Brentford quite a bit back then, or maybe a couple of years later. It's the Taylor/Asaba/Forster side I'm thinking of. I was there one time when David Webb marched up to the touchline and shoved Marcus Bent during play, for not trying or something. I've forgotten most of the players but can come up with Jamie Bates, Barry Ashby, Ijah Anderson and Carl Hutchings as well as Asaba, Bent, Forster and Taylor. Who am I missing? Oh yeah, there was someone called Scott(?) Mean, I think, who came from West Ham. I quite liked him but he seemed to disappear. Most of them seemed to end up at Gillingham. Kevin Dearden in goal (now at Torquay); Paul Smith (now at Gillingham; Gus Hurdle (no longer in pro-football). The Scott you are thinking of is Scott Canham (now at Orient). You've named most of that side's regular first team. Ijah is the only one still with us - most were sold off by David Wbb in his attempts to rape the club. I think the only reason Ijah stayed was because he broke his leg before Wbby could find a buyer.

Edmundo
26-11-2002, 12:19 AM
from what I can remember I agree with Edmundo's assessment. Anderson must have knocked up 250 games for us and I've seen 99% of them, so I am glad that my assessment meets your approval! :) ;) :cool: :p

El Aguila
26-11-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Edmundo
Anderson must have knocked up 250 games for us and I've seen 99% of them, so I am glad that my assessment meets your approval! :) ;) :cool: :p
LOL!

Gilow
26-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom_Snelling
:p SIGN HIM

I saw him play when I went with a friend to a Brentford reserve match and he was superb. Agreed he is also quality on Champ Manager (Does anyone when the new Champ Manager is coming out??) A left sided ENGLISH player is coming increasingly rare so I say snap him up as soon as possible.
Also, does anyone know if Palace will have to sell anyone in January like most other suffering first division clubs?

PALACE FOREVER

Friday if you got an Xbox

Dartford Lad
26-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Wycombe have signed Brentford's Ijah Anderson on a month's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Anderson asked to go on the transfer list at Griffin Park when the club released several of his team-mates to cut the wage bill this season.

He will make his Wycombe debut against Stockport replacing the injured Chris Vinnicombe.

Wycombe manager Lawrie Sanchez said: "We've admired him from afar for some time and he's been let go because of the financial situation there.

"He's not played much because they've gone younger and cheaper and they won't be offering him another contract."

The 26-year-old has played over 200 times for the Bees, but is out of contract at the end of the season.

NewRoadBee
26-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Would have like Ijah to go to Palace. Deserves a crack at a higher level. Think he has been disappointed to see so many of his mates go onto bigger clubs and he must feel a bit left out.
He made a tarnsfer request some time ago and rumour has it he had a fallout with Wally Downes. Would be a great (free) signing for you, ideal as a left back in a 4-4-2 but tends to fluff most crosses and is best restricted to his own half of the field.
Find it hard to believe he has gone to Wycombe on loan. Recommend Palace keep an eye on him while he`s there and nip in and get him. There is no risk involved and minimal outlay :p (Typical of most players Noades moves on from Griffin Park :veryangry )

Elephant with mouse gyp
27-11-2002, 01:25 PM
Anderson must have knocked up 250 games for us and I've seen 99% of them, so I am glad that my assessment meets your approval!

That's quite all right. Mind you, there are plenty of Palace fans who have seen 99% of Dean Austin's games and still believe him to be a good player. And the Bees fan I used to go with would never accept that Ashby and Bates formed one of the most lump-it centre back pairings in football history. I don't remember many rating Bent that highly either, so ner, ner, de, ner, ner.

NewRoadBee
27-11-2002, 04:35 PM
. I don't remember many rating Bent that highly either, so ner, ner, de, ner, ner.

You are correct. But hey we are good judges :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

pedro
27-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Kevin Dearden in goal (now at Torquay); Paul Smith (now at Gillingham; Gus Hurdle (no longer in pro-football).

Gus Hurdle now plays for my Sunday League club, along with Tony Finnigan, I never realised he played at that standard!

Edmundo
27-11-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Gus Hurdle now plays for my Sunday League club, along with Tony Finnigan, I never realised he played at that standard! There's more than a few Bees fans who would say he never did!

Edmundo
27-11-2002, 11:46 PM
I don't remember many rating Bent that highly either, so ner, ner, de, ner, ner. Ah, but if you'd asked me, I would have told you he was the best player out of our youth system that I could remember.

Gooders
28-11-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by pedro
...along with Tony Finnigan, I never realised he played at that standard!

Oh yes. I bet he's a hero in most matches. ;)

Twyford Bee
27-01-2003, 09:14 PM
In case anyone cares, he's just signed for Bristol Rovers.