PDA

View Full Version : Super Matty Jansen

kit82
02-12-2002, 12:40 PM
Have just noticed that Blackburn are about to bring in Hakan Suker to add to their total of strikers.

Matty is still coming back from that crash in Italy, therefore he needs football to get fit, wouldn't this mean he could be available for a loan deal?

Remember that he is currently already behind Cole, Yorke and Ostenstadt before Suker comes in.

Biggest problem will obviously be his wages, but Blackburn may be willing to pay for some of those in order for him to get back to fitness.

Gotta be worth a try hasnt it? especially with no Freedman for a while...

GreatGonzo
02-12-2002, 12:43 PM
But we have Adebola! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Snorwood Eagle
02-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a feasible idea, but the major point is the wages. Can't see Palace shelling out another penny on wages, regardless of the quality of the player. He would be an ideal player for us at a time like this.

PENGE P
02-12-2002, 12:45 PM
iN THE WORDS OF THE EVERLY BROTHERS

DREAM, DREAM DREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAM

sydnsteve
02-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Please let's get somewhere near planet reality!

Walrus
03-12-2002, 12:20 AM
Like Kit82 says though, got to be worth a try :)

They can always say no and continue to play him in the reserves after all.

glaziers fan
03-12-2002, 12:57 AM
If tricky trev got him, he might get a few fans on his side! I would LOVE to see Matt back with the Palace, if only for a month! Im sure he'd love to come too!

What?
03-12-2002, 01:04 AM
What planet are you on. There is no way on Earth this could ever happen.

Son of Shacker
03-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
But we have Adebola! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Swap Deal. They can have Adebola for Matt Jansen & 2m:moo:

El Aguila
03-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Could happen, couldn't it? It certainly won't if noone tries.

El Aguila
03-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Mind you - if it took him a while to get his form back and he didn't score for, ooh, five games.........

Psychokiller
04-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Aparrently we had a deal all tied up for Totti last month, but it crashed when he decided he didn't want to come to England anymore due to Ron Atkinson hurting his feelings by calling him a "tw@t"

Sir.S.C Remembered
05-12-2002, 11:41 AM
I hope he returns and it is slightly realistic especially after his injury but before that he was called into the england squad so maybe we'd have alot of Prem competition. But considering if teams think he needs rebuilding after his accident then it is possible if the finance (big if, maybe on loan?!) can be sorted for the deal

I'd swap Gray for him easy!

AddiscombeEagle
05-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I hope he returns and it is slightly realistic especially after his injury but before that he was called into the england squad so maybe we'd have alot of Prem competition. But considering if teams think he needs rebuilding after his accident then it is possible if the finance (big if, maybe on loan?!) can be sorted for the deal

I'd swap Gray for him easy!

How is it slightly realistic?

I can't see someone who was this close to being in the world cup squad would even consider coming to Palace.

muffdaddy
05-12-2002, 11:55 AM
We didn't go for Carlton Cole on loan, so I can't see us going for Magic Matty. It's all about wages. Cole's can't have been much. Face it, until we sell more players, we are skint.

Can't understand why Blackburn bough Sukur. He was useless in the World Cup and by all accounts is a sulky ****.

Georgie Boy
05-12-2002, 12:06 PM
If the dream became reality and he was loaned out, is he a Trevor Francis kind of player?

El Aguila
05-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle

Okay - Blackburn want him to get his fitness back but they don't want him playing for one of their competitors in the Premiership - however they are prepared to pay 75% of his salary while he gets fit. We need cover while Dougie recovers and Jansen asks if he can come and help Palace out. Q.E.D. It's not impossible, just unlikely.

Beanie
05-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by muffdaddy
We didn't go for Carlton Cole on loan, so I can't see us going for Magic Matty. It's all about wages. Cole's can't have been much. Face it, until we sell more players, we are skint.

Can't understand why Blackburn bough Sukur. He was useless in the World Cup and by all accounts is a sulky ****.

Perhaps it's about the fact that a loan is no use to the club in the medium or long term. All that it does is helps out some other clubs player to get fit or develop his skills. Surely we would be better giving Gareth Williams a serious run of games - at least it is investing in OUR future not some other clubs. He showed on Tuesday that he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time. He looks like he just needs a bit more compossure, and that comes with experience, something he won't get if we bring in loan players.

AddiscombeEagle
05-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Okay - Blackburn want him to get his fitness back but they don't want him playing for one of their competitors in the Premiership - however they are prepared to pay 75% of his salary while he gets fit. We need cover while Dougie recovers and Jansen asks if he can come and help Palace out. Q.E.D. It's not impossible, just unlikely.

you are both right, I just don't think it will happen in a million years

MENTALLY TOUGH
05-12-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle

I can't see someone who was this close to being in the world cup squad would even consider coming to Palace.

Well he did bang his head, perhaps we can tell him he's joing Barcelona.

Eagle
05-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Spoke to Trevor when he arrived at the ground on tuesday night and i jokingly said to him, how about bringing Matt Jansen on loan for a few months now Blackburn have just signed Hakan Sukur, now his reply was have they? which is when i told him they had agreed terms when he then said that Graeme Souness is one of his best mates in football so he said no harm in trying is there.
Now wether he meant that as a joke i dont know but he looked pretty serious about it but i still doubt it will happen but i think if given the chance Matt Jansen would jump at the chance, there is no doubting his love for Crystal Palace.

Freddy Kurz
05-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Georgie Boy
If the dream became reality and he was loaned out, is he a Trevor Francis kind of player?

Is Wayne Routledge a "Trevor Francis kind of player?" Precisely who decided to play him currently in our first team? As for Jansen coming to Palace on loan to get fit, what would be the point? We have a long enough injury list, so why pay out mega wages to add another injury-prone player to our already fully-stretched squad? A fully-fit Matt on a three-month loan would be quite another proposition!

glaziers fan
06-12-2002, 01:22 AM

When things go right for him though, he is one of the best strikers in the world

Walrus
15-12-2002, 11:23 AM

It will give Hakan Unsal someone to talk to, and Sukur was a free agent. Sounds like a good deal if you ask me.

moi
29-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Bring in Super Matt Jansen! He might teach Adebola & Akinbyi a thing or two!

Ben H
29-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kit82
Have just noticed that Blackburn are about to bring in Hakan Suker to add to their total of strikers.

Matty is still coming back from that crash in Italy, therefore he needs football to get fit, wouldn't this mean he could be available for a loan deal?

Remember that he is currently already behind Cole, Yorke and Ostenstadt before Suker comes in.

Biggest problem will obviously be his wages, but Blackburn may be willing to pay for some of those in order for him to get back to fitness.

Gotta be worth a try hasnt it? especially with no Freedman for a while...

If Jansen leaves Blackburn it won't be to go to a first division side. The fact he used to play for us means bugger all mate.

Latvian
29-12-2002, 10:52 AM
But its just a sweet sweet fantasy
When I close my eyes
you on loan playing for me

the_next_matt_jansen
29-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I went on the rovers site, and apparantly, he is not mentally fit enough for first team action. I think he's been playing for the reserves, but they dont want to risk him in the first tem, which is fair enough.

Talk is of no action for Super Matt till next season!!:eek: :eek:

Ben H
29-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen
....apparantly he is not mentally fit enough for first team action.

Not mentally fit enough? How mentally fit do you need to be to play football?!?

Ben H
29-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Latvian
But its just a sweet sweet fantasy
When I close my eyes
you on loan playing for me

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hedgehog
29-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Ask Alan Smith, wasn't that one of his lines?

Ben H
29-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Nah, that was mentally tough. Smith was just mental:)

Latvian
30-12-2002, 12:00 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah sorry mate that was wrong

Just they had her Xmas record on the radio!

Beanie
30-12-2002, 09:31 AM

I'd translate it as he doesn't believe he is fit enough yet, or he is too concerned about getting injured again after his smash in the summer. Either way he will not be giving 100% to the team, and also, oddly, is far more likley to pick up another injury trying to avoid injury. Good enough reasons not to play him either way.