PDA

View Full Version : True Rumour!!!

Billyd
02-12-2002, 02:41 PM
This is completely tru believe it or not. :My mums mate is a cleaner for Asene Wenger, she was working as normal, doing the hoovering, dishwasher etc. Anyway while wiping Arsene's desk she notices a fax headed with the crystal palace logo headed at the top. Being a Palace she become curious and looks at the fax. I turns out to be from Simon Jordon, and he writes that he accepts the bid for Wayne Routledge and says they are available to talk to him in january when the transfer window opens.
I also went on to read that the reason for the sale is to continue to build up money in order for the new stand to be built at selhurst park to replace the Aurther Waite stand.

That is why we have to cut costs all of a sudden - It makes so much sense.

TAK
02-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Well I'll move this to the transfer rumour forum and we can file under the My Mums mate section.

selhurst star
02-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Youve made my day! I cant stop laughing, Thank you. :D

britabroad
02-12-2002, 02:44 PM
I guess your mates mum wants to lose her job hey?

nookiebear
02-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Billyd
This is completely tru believe it or not. :My mums mate is a cleaner for Asene Wenger, she was working as normal, doing the hoovering, dishwasher etc. Anyway while wiping Arsene's desk she notices a fax headed with the crystal palace logo headed at the top. Being a Palace she become curious and looks at the fax. I turns out to be from Simon Jordon, and he writes that he accepts the bid for Wayne Routledge and says they are available to talk to him in january when the transfer window opens.
I also went on to read that the reason for the sale is to continue to build up money in order for the new stand to be built at selhurst park to replace the Aurther Waite stand.

It's Noades' ground why would Jordan redevelop it?

anti-addick
02-12-2002, 02:45 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin
02-12-2002, 02:47 PM
There has been a few silly things that have happened at Selhurst over the past few years but selling your star player to finance the reconstruction of a stand not owned by yourself is pushing it! I suggest your mother stops drinking the domestos when she is cleaning Arsene's rim!

RDSdaEAGLE
02-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Hmmm...a true rumour!

Is that a bit like a false lie?

nookiebear
02-12-2002, 02:48 PM
And why would he feel the need to tell Wenger what he's going to spend the money on?

Batsta
02-12-2002, 02:49 PM
At the top of the fax it said "Please don't let your cleaners read this".

Billyd
02-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear
It's Noades' ground why would Jordan redevelop it?

Its all part of the deal, Ron Noades is Wayne Routledges Godfather. I thought everyone knew that!!!

trufan
02-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Its all part of the deal, Ron Noades is Wayne Routledges Godfather. I thought everyone knew that!!!

Ron's The Godfather? :eek: Sorry, you no make-a da sensa. :confused:

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 02:58 PM
What a great rumour...... :S: :moo:

Billyd
02-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Ok, i just had a word with my mate. And he passed on some further information regarding the Routledge. Apparently the West Stand at Highbruy will be moved to Selhurst Park - brick by brick as part of the deal. This will take place when Arsenal move to their new stadium. So we might have Wayne for another year.

Sunny Fan
02-12-2002, 03:02 PM
:D
Why does Arsene Wenger have a dishwasher in his office?

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Ok, i just had a word with my mate. And he passed on some further information regarding the Routledge. Apparently the West Stand at Highbruy will be moved to Selhurst Park - brick by brick as part of the deal. This will take place when Arsenal move to their new stadium. So we might have Wayne for another year.

How much have you had to drink again??? :eek:

trufan
02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
the West Stand at Highbruy will be moved to Selhurst Park - brick by brick

Wot, the West Stand built c1932 - just eight years after the structure you say it would replace, presuming you meant the ageing Old Stand rather than the Arthur, completed c1969? Gosh.

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Wenger wouldn't have letters like that laying around anyway plus clubs transfer dealing are done at board level! :clown:

Samo*
02-12-2002, 03:05 PM
The truth god dam it we need the truth.

Sunny Fan
02-12-2002, 03:07 PM
OK, if you don't explain sharpish why Arsene keeps a dishwasher in his office, this is gonna be merged with the Let's talk bollocks all day thread

anti-addick
02-12-2002, 03:08 PM
.........and to save further on costs Wenge will give one brick to each of the players he rejects and sends to Palace, on loan or otherwise. In a couple of years we'd have a new stand, complete with Arsenal logo.

loomobardo
02-12-2002, 03:12 PM
r you sure arsene didnt slip it out over romantic pillow talk!!! :D

Benzhiyi
02-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Not unless his mum's mate is 15..................... :o

britabroad
02-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Will Eddie Mcgoldrick also come back to us as part of the deal, seeing as we are talking about old rubbish.:)

wedgetail
02-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Its true, and whats more David Icke is the agent!

grovesy77
02-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Routledge would have to move to France and claim citizenship before Arsenal would consider signing him!

Jeffers, Wright, Upson, Pennant....................
Wayne isn't that stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Cannons Moustache
02-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
OK, if you don't explain sharpish why Arsene keeps a dishwasher in his office, this is gonna be merged with the Let's talk bollocks all day thread

You are out of touch arent you!
Last year everyone knows Arsene grew a orange tree in his office. He designed his own orange juicing machine which he road tests in between red card appeals, and wanted tree-fresh oranges.
Now once the oranges are picked and juiced he wants to test them straight away and that means having clean glasses at hand, hence the need for a dishwasher in his office.

Kin obvious init!

CPFC_R_GREAT
02-12-2002, 04:31 PM
oh come on give the lad a chance i think its an excellent piece of rumouring! Well done that man!

ozeagle
02-12-2002, 04:37 PM
like we need a new stand ?
we can't fill the old ones, and we won't be getting any increase in crowds 2003/4...
:rolleyes:

what utter bollox

Flying Higher
02-12-2002, 04:43 PM
why would SJ give a reason for selling him to AW - try again.

Sunny Fan
02-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Jim Cannons Moustache
You are out of touch arent you!
Last year everyone knows Arsene grew a orange tree in his office. He designed his own orange juicing machine which he road tests in between red card appeals, and wanted tree-fresh oranges.
Now once the oranges are picked and juiced he wants to test them straight away and that means having clean glasses at hand, hence the need for a dishwasher in his office.

Kin obvious init!
Ah, it all fits in place now; I'd heard a rumour that Mr Wenger was considering entering into partnership with George Foreman (he of the fat-free grill-meister thang) and discounted it as absurd twaddle.
How wrong I was.
One on solids, one on liquids, they'll clean up the food and drinks market in one fell swoop.

Justin
02-12-2002, 04:50 PM
why build a nice new stand for the away support? I dare say though with Milwall coming on Saturday if Rob Fox repeats his Brighton performance we won't have to pay for the current one to be demolished.

Rumours is what the BBS is for though; far more enjoyable and interesting than debating Francis' strengths and weaknesses.

Nelson Muntz
02-12-2002, 04:59 PM
whoops

Nelson Muntz
02-12-2002, 05:00 PM
True rumour........isn't that an oxymoron.....?

It is one of the finest true rumours I have ever heard.

Barney Gumble
02-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
True rumour........isn't that an oxymoron.....?

It is one of the finest true rumours I have ever heard.

Did you mean to type Poxy Moron.....the bloke that started this thread. :D

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Barney Gumble
Did you mean to type Poxy Moron.....the bloke that started this thread. :D

Priceless! :p :D :o :cool:

PalaceFan in Alabama
02-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Here is the latest, Bert Head is God and I spoke with the owners of the Superdome (New Orleans) and as there were some fans from both sides that maoned, we asked if the Palace could play the home games there:D

The headman said no fecking way I have been told all about AfB:cool:

jlmatthews
02-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by britabroad
Will Eddie Mcgoldrick also come back to us as part of the deal, seeing as we are talking about old rubbish.:)

Lay off Eddie. He is my hero. :afro:

earsham eagle
02-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Barney Gumble
Did you mean to type Poxy Moron.....the bloke that started this thread. :D :D :D :p

GUCCI Eagle
02-12-2002, 09:33 PM
My mums mate is a cleaner for Asene Wenger

Everyone knows that cleaners can't read.

Skid Row
03-12-2002, 02:38 AM
This thread is easily the funniest I've read in ages. Top show.

sydney eagle
03-12-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Skid Row
This thread is easily the funniest I've read in ages. Top show. I agree:p

PalaceSi
03-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Anyone stupid enough to sell Kabba for 250 000 could easily sell Routledge for a similar sum. Don't get too fond of the family silver it'll be gone before you know it.

Psychokiller
03-12-2002, 01:22 PM
This is rubbish. Patrick Vieira is my brother and he told me that Mr Wenger is quite happy with the wingers he already has.

Wedgy
03-12-2002, 01:24 PM

Replace all the Palace links with Spurs ones, and I recieved that email a week ago :clown: :clown: :clown:

Jim Cannons Moustache
03-12-2002, 01:54 PM
my aunts best friend is housekeeper for Claudio Ranieri and she told me he is having Toad in the Hole for his tea.

sunshine lucas
03-12-2002, 01:59 PM
... and spotted dick afterwards apparently.

pallet
03-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Its the yanks all over again, Simon thought he was getting the north bank, D'OH.:D

Jim Cannons Moustache
03-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Ah, it all fits in place now; I'd heard a rumour that Mr Wenger was considering entering into partnership with George Foreman (he of the fat-free grill-meister thang) and discounted it as absurd twaddle.
How wrong I was.
One on solids, one on liquids, they'll clean up the food and drinks market in one fell swoop.

In theory it should work fine but their marketing needs a lot of work, what on earth was Arsene Wenger thinking of when he called his drink 'Arse Juice'!:eek:

DougleMcNori
03-12-2002, 02:46 PM
I believe him! All he forgot to mention was that the new stand is going to be called after one of our greatest players - The Dean Austin Stand :clown: :D

Sunny Fan
03-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jim Cannons Moustache
In theory it should work fine but their marketing needs a lot of work, what on earth was Arsene Wenger thinking of when he called his drink 'Arse Juice'!:eek: That's why he's called in little Wayne, silly.

Wayne's World,
Wayne's World,
Juice is on,
Excellent

Billyd
03-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Gucci eagle are you a 'the streets' fan?

Beanie
04-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SAMO*
The truth god dam it we need the truth.

why? These sorts of rumours are SO much more fun.

Many of the odd points have been mentioned, but I'd ask why the chairman of CPFC is faxing the the manager of any club? Whilst the selling would indeed be done by SJ, buying would be done by the other chairman (or in Arsenals case by the Vice-chairman, as Mr Hill-Wood seems to leave everything to David Dein). It also seems unlikely SJ would simply accept "the bid" surely he would would confirm the amount, which I'm sure the "mum's mate" would not fail to pass on and finally, why can't they speak to him until January? They can't sign him until 1st Jan - but they can negotiate with Palace's consent, as some Premiership clubs are already doing (not with Palace as far as I know.)

Who Cares?
04-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
why? These sorts of rumours are SO much more fun.

but I'd ask why the chairman of CPFC is faxing the the manager of any club? Whilst the selling would indeed be done by SJ, buying would be done by the other chairman (or in Arsenals case by the Vice-chairman, as Mr Hill-Wood seems to leave everything to David Dein).

Ah yes but what if the chairman or vice chairman had copied it to the manager on a need to know basis?

It also seems unlikely SJ would simply accept "the bid" surely he would would confirm the amount,

Not necessarily. SJ is not renowned for thoroughness in these sort of transactions - look at the (alleged) confusion about whether Kabba could play against us or not, Rubins (allegedly) not knowing whether he has left the club or not, Team Points (allegedly) no longer available at the supermarket...the list is long enough to leave reasonable grounds for doubt.

nookiebear
04-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by pallet
Its the yanks all over again

They're yanking poor Wayne now! :eek:
Can't they just buy him?:eek:

James Melody
06-12-2002, 12:36 AM
my mums hamster is going out with arsenes wengers' cousins neighbours cats' biggest flea, she says that all the above is a load of ballacks and that Wayne Routledge has just signed a new contract and stated how much he loves the club..... due to sign for Spurs on January 1st....

Panther
12-12-2002, 11:08 AM
I didn't realise Wayne was French.