PDA

View Full Version : Branko Strupar

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 05:07 PM
I have just heard that we could well be making a move for him in a pay-as-you-play deal. He is one of the players that Derby are looking to pay-off. A 3 month contract was mentioned so as to limit the risk.

Personally I would be quite pleased as injury permitting, he is a decent forward! :)

ozeagle
02-12-2002, 05:08 PM
please please please, tell me it's true...

Dartford Lad
02-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
please please please, tell me it's true...

Is there a small hint of sarcasm there Oz?!?! :)

Grim Reaper
02-12-2002, 05:17 PM
Would have been a great move three years ago when Derby first nabbed him. Would he give us something we don't already have though? Who's the source of this information? Soudns a bit fishy to me but I'll keep an open mind on it.

sunshine lucas
02-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Wasn't he that black cat on the Harry Hill show?

Walrus
02-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Not a bad deal, but that last injury has really knackered Strupar. He'd make Dele look like a Cheetah nowadays.

He'd bring us some valuable experience though.

If it was short term pay as you play then he's worth a look but bear in mind he's in the 25k a week bracket at Derby. 3 grand a game plus goal and assist bonuses might be a good place to start......don't think Branko would be too happy though.

:D

BUNGLE
02-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Good player, very immobile these days I'm lead to believe.

Malakite
02-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Fantastic player..would get us 15 + goals a season im sure...PLEASE let it be true, although lets face it, its not going to be now is it? :(

What?
02-12-2002, 11:32 PM
Never going to happen. I am sure of that!

Dartford Lad
03-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Would have been a great move three years ago when Derby first nabbed him. Would he give us something we don't already have though? Who's the source of this information? Soudns a bit fishy to me but I'll keep an open mind on it.

The source of the info is a guy I used to work with. He now works for soccernet.com and is maybe 85% reliable when it comes down to transfers and rumours! :)

AndyChapman
03-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Would be good signing!:p

Beanie
04-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
The source of the info is a guy I used to work with. He now works for soccernet.com and is maybe 85% reliable when it comes down to transfers and rumours! :)

How I hope this is the other 15%!!

From what I've seen of him at Derby Strupar gives donkeys a bad name, slow and about as alert as Akinbiyi was on a bad day at Leicester. No doubt he used to be good, but not now. Too expensive for us in any case, signing him would probably cost all the money that SJ has cut from the wage bill, even if it is only on a pay as you play deal.

brighton_eagle
04-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Agree with Beanie.... thanks but no thanks Branco old bean.

Duleep
04-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad

Soccernet is owned by the Walt Disney Corporation who are reknowned for their of fairy tales ;)