jempie
04-12-2002, 10:31 AM
At the end of the season the following players contracts will expire:

Mullins
Gray
Black
Adebola

MULLINS & GRAY:
This may not be a popular opinion, but personally I think it's about time we cashed in on these over hyped players.

I'd settle for 2 mil for em both.

If they don't leave in Jan and become free agents in the summer, possibly re-sign Julian. But it would have to be on our terms.

Mullins is awful (why on earth is he our captain). Wouldn't be in my starting XI.
Gray is useless too. Unfortunately one of only 2 senior left footed players, but easily replaceable.

Both are out of contract

MOD'S: Please delete the original thread, forgot to add a poll! Ta.

BLACK:
Give him a new contract.

ADEBOLA:
Sell him to back to Birmingham! Tell them we will pay the train fare!!!

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-12-2002, 02:48 PM
OOOps I accidently voted for Adebola and do not think he has showed no where near enough to merit a new deal especially with Akinbiyi coming back and a wage bill to reduce.

I have been very annoyed with Gray as he loos like he won't stretch himself as not to get unjured so he can move on.

As for Mullins he has his faults but has potential still to fill and we could build a team around him although I prefer him in defence so I would give him another contract

Black I would also give a new contract as I think he is talented and creative and can change a game and has potential to fill

This is considering their demands are not ridiculous

I'd also cash in if good offers can in and we had decent replacements lined up as all are replaceable

Cleon
04-12-2002, 03:02 PM
This is a silly poll. I'd give more than one contract out. I'm not convinced that Mullins' contract is up in the summer, but if it was, he'd be the one I'd offer to if I could only hand one out. He adds FAR MORE to the team than any of the others. A few people are silly enough not to rate him, but EVERY SINGLE manager at Palace from Venables onwards (Venables, Coppell, Smith, Kember, Bruce & Francis) has seen him as one of the first names on the teamsheet, exactly as I would.

Boris the charltonhater
06-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
This is a silly poll. I'd give more than one contract out.

You can vote more than once :clown:

I'd give Mullins, Gray, Adebola and Black new contracts.

Dartford Lad
06-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Mullins signed a 4 year contract in 2000 under Alan Smith.

arussell
06-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Mullins contract is not up at the end of the season, he still has 18 months left to go.

Benzhiyi
06-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Jempie, we would never get 2 million for Gray, especially with his contract up.

500K tops, and who would want him anyway?

WorthingEagle
06-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Jempie, we would never get 2 million for Gray, especially with his contract up.

500K tops, and who would want him anyway?

I think he meant 1m each for Mullins & Gray, totalling 2m.

Both have the ability to be top-flight players, but both have two good games and then two absolute stinkers for every four they play.

Mullins particularly is frustrating, he can pick someone out from 40 yards or slip a neat through ball, then he'll have spells where he can't pass to save his life and every move that goes through him breaks down.

Purely down to concentration, he must hold the record for number of intercepted back-passes leading to goals.

sydnsteve
06-12-2002, 04:19 PM
SJ is quoted in the Adder that he will let Mullins go if there is a bid duting the transfer window, as the club is set to lose 8 million this year. So I think we can say goodbye, and boy will we miss him, despite those on here who are constantly on his back.

Beanie
06-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
SJ is quoted in the Adder that he will let Mullins go if there is a bid duting the transfer window, as the club is set to lose 8 million this year. So I think we can say goodbye, and boy will we miss him, despite those on here who are constantly on his back.

This hardly news - I'd guess almost any player will go if the right bid arrives. Key point - IF there is a bid. From where? I think any club is taking a great risk. Mullins on song is a capable Premiership player, but Mullins without brain engaged will be destroyed by virtually any premiership opposition.

I like and would miss Mullins on his game - but I think if he does go we may well benefit from a player with 75% of his ability, but showing it week in, week out

Latvian
06-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Thomsons just been added, he should get a new contract :p

Eagle
06-12-2002, 09:41 PM
I think you guys have forgotten aswell the almost near certain player who is out of contract and will most definately leave is Alex Kolinko.
I believe Black, Thomson, and Adebola will renew their contracts where Julian will be sold in January and Kolinko will leave in July.

What?
06-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Everyone except Gray, and i include Kolinko

Jimbo ?
07-12-2002, 10:43 AM
let dele go - get kabba back - another huge blunder by palace over kabba going!!
but the other 4 should stay if we seriously want to be fighting a promotion battle this time next year! Francis should also go

Beanie
07-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
let dele go - get kabba back - another huge blunder by palace over kabba going!!

The Kabba deal was good business and Dele's presence is imaterial to his. By the end of this season Kabba would have been behind Williams as well as Dougie and AJ. Dele and Ade wouldn't really impact that, they fill a different role. The 250k was of more use than half a season of a fringe player.

Latvian
08-12-2002, 07:41 PM
:sob: I wan Alex :sob:

Dont go buddy. I know you love this club, if that c... dont give you another contract Ill punch the brummie tosspot back! :D

Listen fellow countryman, one of the memories I will always have of you if t'other day vs. t'Sheffiiled Moneybubbles. When you walked of at half time absoulty gutted to be a goal down, head looking at your feet and on the verge of tears and no-one else gave a toss! Shows you love us fella!

AndyChapman
10-12-2002, 11:30 AM
I'd sign them all but if I had to choose one it would definatly be Mullins

grovesy77
10-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Mullins & Black are musts - mainly because we could never afford to replace them.

Gray - won't get a new contract purely because he doesn't deserve it. Unfortunately the most talented in the club is woefully inconsistent and completed demotivated.

As for the rest they have all played there parts are hardly outstanding players, by clearing them out we should create a few more oportunities for the youth players.

AndyChapman
11-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Thomson will get a new contract because Francis seems to love him off.

ozeagle
19-12-2002, 01:25 AM
west ham signed shirt ?

Sussex Eagle
19-12-2002, 03:43 AM
I voted 4 Mullins because it would be nice to hold on to a player who realises palace existed before jordan! Yeah, he's always **** for the first two months of the season, but he's incredibly versatile, rarely gets injured (major plus point with our current squad) and every manager he's played under has seen fit to give him a regular place. Also voted for Thomson & Adebola 'cos I can't imagine it would cost too much to give them 1 year extensions, and both are reasonable players that we'd lack squad depth without. Also Thommo has looked really good the few times he's got the chance to attack a bit this season. Gray & Black aren't worth the money it will probably take to keep them IMHO.

Son of Selhurst
03-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Blimey! This one's close !

MartinE
20-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Hasn't anyone twigged that when you lose a player on a Bosman there are going to be loads of clubs in a similar position, so it's going to be a case of losing a couple of players for nothing and picking up a couple the same way. If anyone paid 1 million for Gray they would surely need putting in an institution - lazy waste of space. We must try to keep Black and Mullins and Clarke will definitely be first choice if he can evewr manage to stay fit.

Baz To The D
20-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jempie

Mullins is awful (why on earth is he our captain). Wouldn't be in my starting XI.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Igor Iconic
20-01-2003, 04:29 PM
If we have any ambition as a club we need to keep hold of Black, Mullins, and probably Gray. I'd like to see Adebola stay with us but if push comes shove he and Thomson are expendable. Unfortunately I doubt that we have that much ambition and Adebola and Thomson are the only two likely to want to sign a new contract with us given the choice.

Jimbo ?
20-01-2003, 04:35 PM
adebola I would let go - williams will start to make an impression on the first team next year and with ade, Dougie, johnson I think we have the strikers
Black Gray Mullins should all stay!!!!! Thomo - not sure about - a decent squad player/reserve to fill in now and again but if we are cutting the wages then I suppose he may be the 1 to miss out...I would keep him if I reasonably could

kolinkins
20-01-2003, 07:59 PM
mullins is not out of contract for another 18 months

Beanie
21-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
mullins is not out of contract for another 18 months

Isn't it amazing how hard it is to get this across? This point is made on just about every Mullins related thread. I'm not having a dig - I just wonder how the incorrect information has come to be SO widely accepted.

Crunchie
21-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Isn't it amazing how hard it is to get this across? This point is made on just about every Mullins related thread. I'm not having a dig - I just wonder how the incorrect information has come to be SO widely accepted.

In that case it has to be just Black and Kolinko for me.

Gray is very replaceable with someone else who will be out of contract. Shame, such a wasted talent.

Beanie
22-01-2003, 08:34 AM

It has occured that it could be those of us total convinced Mullins have another year who are wrong - but the question about incorrect infor remains. Is there are really definitive site anywhere about contracts?

Crunchie
22-01-2003, 05:07 PM
It has occured that it could be those of us total convinced Mullins have another year who are wrong - but the question about incorrect infor remains. Is there are really definitive site anywhere about contracts?

Well if Mullins is out of contract, then its imperative that he signs a new contract. For his versatility if nothing else.