PDA

View Full Version : Neil Ardley to Palace ?

Clapham Grand
10-12-2002, 11:06 AM
I've heard a rumour that Neil Ardley could be joining the Palace in the very near future! :p

He is currently on a week to week contract with Watford, and Derby are sniffing around as well, but surely he would favour a move to South London.

This is a player a lot of people on the BBS thought would be a good Palace signing, and he is definitely someone I have rated highly.

Let's hope it's true

ozeagle
10-12-2002, 11:11 AM
i've ardley heard of him, anyone ?

Another Oxted Eagle
10-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Is this the ex-Womble. blonde haired wide player ?. If this is the bloke he ran rings round us a couple of times last year. If this isnt the bloke then I'll ge me coat

Glazed&Confuzed
10-12-2002, 11:14 AM
He was linked with us before. I like the look of him. Whenever we have played Wimbledon I always thought he was their best player. However, I think he's a right winger and we are quite blessed on that side. We need someone extra on the left.:p

Benzhiyi
10-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Another Oxted Eagle
Is this the ex-Womble. blonde haired wide player ?. If this is the bloke he ran rings round us a couple of times last year. If this isnt the bloke then I'll ge me coat

Yeah, that's him.

I've always thought of him as a very similar player to Simon Rodger, but right-footed, rather than left. He's a great set piece taker - we could really do with him on corners as Gray and Black are poor - and wouldn't be bad alongside Derry and Mullins in midfield.

Not better than Wayne though - so couldn't see him being in the side every week.

Clapham Grand
10-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Another Oxted Eagle

The same guy! He is 30 years old, made over 200 appearances for Wimbledon beofre moving to Watford this year where he's been a virtual ever-present. I don't think they've got the money to offer him a full-time contract. Born in Epsom btw

Benzhiyi
10-12-2002, 11:22 AM
I should have added, I met him in Sutton once and he was a really nice bloke, very down to earth and not your average footballing big-head. Not that it really matters but thought I'd give it a mention!

ozeagle
10-12-2002, 11:25 AM
can he do a jon in midfield ?

c_block_lad
10-12-2002, 11:32 AM
He used to go to my school (Carshalton Boys), his fav cuss used to be "X is a crap footballer and bald" LOL Clown:clown:

Who Cares?
10-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

Not better than Wayne though - so couldn't see him being in the side every week.

Unless Arsene's cleaner has got it right.;)

moverman
10-12-2002, 11:42 AM
His dad used to use The Clifton Arms for a pre match drink when watching Neil play for Wimbledon. Before he signed for Watford both Neil and his dad were very much hoping that Palace would come in for him. Watford releasing him though would suggest he is on a rather high salary.

grovesy77
10-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Ardley's a good palyer..............

..Although he is to old and will be earning too much for us.

Latvian
10-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Is he left mid?

Anyone but gray at the mo!

Gooders
10-12-2002, 12:42 PM
If there's anything in this then it presumably heralds Wayne's departure?

pedro
10-12-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Gooders

It wouldn't make sense to sell him now. his wage cannot be that high and his value is only likely to go up, even in this financial climate. I can see SJ waiting a few years before selling him, once he has fulfilled his potential and outgrown Palace.

Daddy Long
10-12-2002, 12:50 PM
He is certainly a great crosser of the ball and a good shooter from distance. Quite tricky on the ball too. Trev seems to be going for strength in depth and I can't blame him, considering some of the injuries we've had this season.

Dave
10-12-2002, 12:52 PM
I hope this isn't the start of us being linked to a whole heap of 'replacements' for the young talent we are going to lose at Christmas :(

Benzhiyi
10-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
He used to go to my school (Carshalton Boys), his fav cuss used to be "X is a crap footballer and bald" LOL Clown:clown:

Didn't get on with C_block_lad.

Proof that he IS a decent bloke....

:o

Benzhiyi
10-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Also, C_block, isn't he twice your age?!!

GreatGonzo
10-12-2002, 01:02 PM
He also has scored against us this year!

Sandowneagle
10-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand

and Derby are sniffing around as well, but surely he would favour a move to South London. [/B]

Don't be so sure. He is a lifelong Wimbledon fan and he hates Palace.

E.X Moontoad
10-12-2002, 01:10 PM
Would certainly be a good addition to the squad in my view.
As Glazed and Confused pointed out we are blessed with enough options on the right wing, however I'm sure that NA can also operate in a more central midfield role and would hopefully add a much needed creative element to that particular area.

Benzhiyi
10-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sandowneagle
Don't be so sure. He is a lifelong Wimbledon fan and he hates Palace.

Although I believe he is now an ard(ley)ent (sorry!) AFC supporter who hates what Koppel has done to the club.

Revenge opportunities beckon....

c_block_lad
10-12-2002, 01:15 PM
He USED to go to my old school, my old teachers told me the info about him

Beanie
10-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by grovesy77
Ardley's a good palyer..............

..Although he is to old and will be earning too much for us.

How do you get to this? If both Watford and DErby can afford him he can't be on that much - they're no better off than Palace, Derby possibly worse off until they shift Ravinelli.

doubt he'll come though.

Beanie
10-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gooders

Why? Wayne is only 17 and overused at the moment (when fit). He needs to play less so somebody else in that position is no bad idea.

arussell
10-12-2002, 01:39 PM
I don't think Wayne will be leaving just yet (although I don't have evidence to suggest that before anyone gets excited !).

Ardley's ok - not a bad player. He certainly won't be going to Derby with the precarious situation that they're in at the moment.

AndyChapman
10-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Ardley would be very good for us. However we do seem to have alot of right sided players.

Dont know what his wages would be like and I really cant see us signing anyone on a permanent basis!:(

Sir.S.C Remembered
10-12-2002, 10:45 PM
I'd be very in favour of us singing Ardley is wages were low etc

What?
10-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Could Routledge play on the left?

Ardley would be a great signing, better than Gazza anyway!

c_block_lad
11-12-2002, 10:16 AM
From what I've seen of Ardley he is a very average 1st divison player, who made himself a legend at wimbledon by putting up his fists in a warcry to the 1,000 in the holmesdale at every game. The fact that he backs the AFC Club killers is bad enough, He is certinley no better than our current crop of players, also Jamie Smith is to return soon.

Benzhiyi
11-12-2002, 10:25 AM
The fact that he backs the AFC Club killers is bad enough.

What exactly is this mega-grudge you have against AFC Wimbledon?

Charles Koppel is a club killer. I don't understand how you can keep criticising these people who started a new club from sratch because some selfish b*stard wants to move them 40 miles away.

Merton council backed plans to rebuild Plough Lane sideways on, but Koppel blocked them for no apparent reason. He's f*cked 10,000 people over for his own good and yet who do you criticise? The people who have done something about it.

RichieG
11-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Too right Benzhiyi!! C_block go and crawl back under whichever stone you came from!

c_block_lad
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Wrong Great Gonzo very wrong

When the new owners at Wimbledon took over the wanted to built a new stadium in Wimbledon like they had done with the club they own in Norway, (Molde). But Merton Council refused to sale them any land in which they could built on, they then refused to talk to Wimbledon about the situation any more, despite Wimbledon's FC best attempt's to move back to Merton, the council blocked there path.

kolinkins
11-12-2002, 06:17 PM

When the new owners at Wimbledon took over the wanted to built a new stadium in Wimbledon like they had done with the club they own in Norway, (Molde). But Merton Council refused to sale them any land in which they could built on, they then refused to talk to Wimbledon about the situation any more, despite Wimbledon's FC best attempt's to move back to Merton, the council blocked there path.

do you sit in block-c when palace play, or when wimbledon play?

AJ
11-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
do you sit in block-c when palace play, or when wimbledon play?

Do Wimbledon bother to assign seats? Let alone blocks?

will hung
11-12-2002, 06:28 PM

your grasp of the facts is as good as your speeling:)

Benzhiyi
11-12-2002, 06:37 PM

Oh well, I must have written these imaginary stories myself then.... :rolleyes:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:5rfjZzsFht8C:www.merton.gov.uk/mertonnews/wisa.asp+Wimbledon+Merton+council+Plough+Lane&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:GF3xgq7PNTEC:news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wimbledon/1741876.stm+Wimbledon+Merton+council+Plough+Lane&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I've even HIGHLIGHTED the words so they might actually get through....

Mong!
11-12-2002, 07:09 PM
haha! i like it :D

c_block_lad
11-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Bit late of Merton Council to ask Wimbledon to move back to Merton after the MK thing came up, only if they had wanted Wimbledon to move, back when Wimbledon under Charles Koppell asked Merton Council to help them build a ground in Merton.

Spin Spin Spin
From Merton Council and WISA

John.K
11-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Moving back to the topic of NEIL ARDLEY, he is a good crosser but is his age against him? And can Jordan actually afford his wages?

Tadwortheagle
11-12-2002, 10:46 PM
i no for a fact that he would not fancy a move to the Palace.

Dobbo
13-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Today's Times reports that Bolton are interested in him.

Clapham Grand
15-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Lovely corner by him that set up a goal on Saturday. I still think he would be a useful addition to the squad, and it is clear from Watford's problems in trying to sign Wayne Brown that the Hornets cannot afford him

Clapham Grand
24-12-2002, 11:55 AM
He turned down Palace to sign a 2-year contract with Watford.

Oh well!

Raoul Duke
24-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand

Oh well!

Oh well! for him or us?

THB
24-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Not hugely bothered i must say

Gooders
24-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Nor me. We have 4 better right-sided players already.

Geezer
24-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Where did it say he signed up again for Watford, id prefer Jamie smith anyway.