PDA

View Full Version : Keep Hayden and Tommy please!

Lee sinnots ear
10-12-2002, 10:10 PM
I think that ,Stevie Thompson, Hayden Mullins and Tommy Black have all got something to offer us here at the Palace. Especially the latter 2. Tommy played really well against Millwall and deserved a goal. Hayden's a really good player and the team would be different without him. Who would be there to take his place? Shaun Derry? Aki? Theres no question that he should be given a new contract. Stevie Thompson's a good squad player who is more consistent than the likes of Aki and Shaun Derry. As for Dele. I thought he actually looked like a half decent Division 1 player against the scum. If he can keep those performances up I wouldn't mind giving a new contract. But all of his other performances have been utter s***. And as for Julian Gray. He is simply a 6 foot tall beanpole, pansey who can't go past people, can't cross, can't tackle, has no right foot and ducks out of it whenever he's in danger of being shut down by a big, ugly right back breathing down his neck. He is a waste of money who clearly doesn't want to know. I heard that Ccharlton were interested in him. He can p*** off there for all I care. Does anyone know when Ade Akinbiyi is back?
:rolleyes:

ozeagle
10-12-2002, 10:13 PM
agreed about Julian Gay, and Thomson, Derry however is quality
Akinbiyi back in the magoos tonight.
:p

pete eagle
10-12-2002, 10:18 PM
i'd agree about Black and Mullins, but i'd say that Mullins works best when he plays alongside Aki because Aki's hustle and bustle tends to let Hayden do a bit more on the passing side of his game. Keep Gray, he'll come good, to write him off now is sheer lunacy. He's been ill and that can take a lot out of people energy wise.
Thomson has gone up in my estimation especially with his goalscoring feats but i still feel that he isn't quite up to commanding a regular first team place. My jury is still out on Derry, i don't think we've seen him fully fit but he seems lazy to me on occasions and has cost us a few goals this season and he shouldn't get in the team while we are winning and Aki and Mullins are playing well together.

ozeagle
10-12-2002, 10:20 PM
we were getting on ok there for a while.
never heard such poppycock..aki, hayden ?

pete eagle
10-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
we were getting on ok there for a while.
never heard such poppycock..aki, hayden ?

we've won the two games that they've played together in and the midfield has been one our strong points in those two games.

Why change it?

Gooders
11-12-2002, 07:57 AM
ozeagle, forget the downer on Aki that you have for a minute and just consider - our midfield was getting overrun in recent games until Hayden and Aki came together and even you have to admit that it looks much more solid with those two in the engine room.

There is absolutely no reason to change it.

Dartford Lad
11-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Mullins is contracted past the end of this season anyway, so we are safe with him.
I don't rate Thomson at all and have the same love for him as Ozeagle does with Aki! :p

P.S Nice user name Lee Sinnotts Ear! :clown: