PDA

View Full Version : Surely Francis cannot sell Black now?

palacefan_72
16-12-2002, 10:07 PM
he cant can he?

Simon A
16-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Wanna bet? Up to SJ anyway, not TF.
Didn't work too hard at holding on to Clinton so I shouldn't think he'd bat an eylid at offloading Black if it helped balance the books.

Captain Black
16-12-2002, 10:29 PM
On another thread I laid into Tommy, questioning whether he had the footballing intelligence to succeed. For me, Saturday was his best ever performance - he played more passes to Palace players in the first 10 minutes than he has in the whole of his career.

Keep it up for more than a few games and he'll deserve a new contract and, more importantly, earn an apology from me. ;)

pete eagle
16-12-2002, 10:40 PM
he can - it's unlikely he will at the moment but consistency is the key

sydnsteve
17-12-2002, 11:18 AM
I don't think Francis wants to sell him, and if SJ does it is a sign we have no ambition. Black has said he wants to stay with us and this will be an acid test for Mr Flash.
As a long time proponent of giving TB a run in the team, along with Daddy Long, I am very pleased by TB's play, though not at all surprised.

Beanie
17-12-2002, 12:45 PM
From SJ point of view we are probably in just the position he wouldn't have wanted at this stage. We are close enough to make the play-offs viable, but they are by no means certain. What does that mean financially? I believe that he still has to assume that we will be in Div 1 next season. What that means he can offer Black and the others I have no idea, but it's not yet a matter only of ambition, but still of survival

Batsta
17-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Why would a club pay for Black when they can have him on a free?

Daddy Long
17-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Batsta

Indeed. Lets sign him up on a new contract before we think about getting any money for him.

We shouldn't sell him anyway. He is a legend in the making :)

Beanie
17-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Batsta

Because they need him NOW not in six months, when they may already be relegated.

Dartford Lad
19-12-2002, 11:18 AM
They would still have to pay a fee at the end of the season anyway because he is under 24.

Ben H
23-12-2002, 01:28 AM
His performance today was outstanding. Hope SJ can fine the money to keep him now. :)

Bertrand
23-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
They would still have to pay a fee at the end of the season anyway because he is under 24.

According to the official site he is 26 !! which i thought was too old myself but there you go.

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Bertrand
According to the official site he is 26 !! which i thought was too old myself but there you go.

Yep sais this in alot of recent papers too and on TV. Wierd seeing as he was no older than 21 when he joined us and was on a 3 year contract ending at the end of this season! Liked it how the commentator of the Rotherham game said that Gray came shortly after Black did to Palace, try same time!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer
24-12-2002, 05:52 PM
He cant be 26, but then I dont care what age he is, just keep him and get him to sign a contract where he has to play the way he currently is!