PDA

View Full Version : Kolinko Leaving ?

Ruskin Old Boy
20-12-2002, 10:41 AM
The adder has as its lead story today the news that Kolinko "has underlined his determination to leave the club". He claims that TF and SJ "do not want me to sign a new contract".

Anyone have any inside information or this just another poor news day?

Dartford Lad
20-12-2002, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just old news, dating back to the Francis 'slap' on Kolinko in August.

raytheroofer
20-12-2002, 01:14 PM
kolinko must be made to stay

Palace
20-12-2002, 01:15 PM
With this new 'keeper from Luton coming in with a good reputation it wouldn't surprise me if TF does what he has wanted and get rid of Kolinko

Dave
20-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by raytheroofer

Hasn't he been punished enough?

freekickuk
20-12-2002, 01:21 PM
shame playing well this year we should try and keep him

Geezer
20-12-2002, 01:22 PM
what with kolinko being an international hes probally on higher wages than the bloke from luton, might be cost cutting.

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 01:24 PM
He will go - why? Cos he is not British!

Clapham Grand
20-12-2002, 01:26 PM
He's quality - we must offer him a new contract

Nelson Muntz
20-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Of all the Palace players over the past year. Kolinko is the most improved. He has gone from a quivering wreck to a top class keeper. I'd hate to see him go.

Axie
20-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
He will go - why? Cos he is not British!

I'm sorry, I don't understand this statement.

grovesy77
20-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Of all the Palace players over the past year. Kolinko is the most improved. He has gone from a quivering wreck to a top class keeper. I'd hate to see him go.

I expect this is largely down to the fact that his english has improved.
Although, he has clearly not learnt one word 'Duck!'

monkey
20-12-2002, 01:34 PM
When kolinko's confidence Is high,there's not a keeper In any division I would rather have between the sticks!
Obviously helps when our defence Is playing well,but he's proved he's a class keeper.
He must stay!!!

grovesy77
20-12-2002, 01:35 PM
cost saving???
Axe that waster Clarke!

Simon A
20-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Hasn't he been punished enough?

:D :D :D :p

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Axie
I'm sorry, I don't understand this statement.

Axie, thos who know me will know i have a theory about Francis along this subject, looking at the number of 'forigners' who were at Birmingham with him and the number he has brought to Palace and realeased at Palace. Also the players who he rightly or wrongly favours in each position and those to whom he is willing to give a chance and those who he is not.

I do not think Kolinko will be playing for Palace next year, and that is the reason i think he will not!

jempie
20-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz

agreed.

he should a lot of passion and determination agains the cheating monkey's (sheff utd) on tuesday.

I doubt he wants to leave, but may be sold to cut the wages.

Ruskin Old Boy
20-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Thanks for adding the ? mod(s) - I forgot to add it; like so many others I wouldn't want to see him leave.

arussell
20-12-2002, 01:43 PM
So we might be signing Danny Coyne after all then !?

arussell
20-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Thanks for adding the ? mod(s) - I forgot to add it; like so many others I wouldn't want to see him leave.

No prob - unless someone is posting FACT, I always do it, as it tends to upset people ;)

PalaceFan in Alabama
20-12-2002, 01:48 PM
GreatGonzo, I agree with your comments, I spoke with the Yanks about their time at Selhurst and I wonder what Jesse Jackson would say about this?
I know from my experience with him he is a bigot!

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by jempie
agreed.

he should a lot of passion and determination agains the cheating monkey's (sheff utd) on tuesday.

I doubt he wants to leave, but may be sold to cut the wages.

Doubt he will be sold at the moment, we do not have enough cover right now and the only place he would go is Premiership or abroad and everywhere is restricted by transfer windows.

Unless we sell him by the end of January then i think he will go for free at the end of the year. If we sell him in January, if the keeper we replace him with is not as good we can say goodbye to promotion, guess it will show the clubs ambition or lack of it, we will have to see.

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
GreatGonzo, I agree with your comments, I spoke with the Yanks about their time at Selhurst and I wonder what Jesse Jackson would say about this?

I knew it was the case with the yanks, i know he refuses to apologise to Kolinko about the punch, and admittedly put 2 and 2 together, but i formed my opinion on this months ago and have still to see any evidence to change my mind on it. It is one of the reasons i still dislike TF and want him out, results are not the be all and end all to me. I don't like him running the football side on the club i sacrifice so much for!

AJ
20-12-2002, 01:56 PM
I knew it was the case with the yanks, i know he refuses to apologise to Kolinko about the punch, and admittedly put 2 and 2 together, but i formed my opinion on this months ago and have still to see any evidence to change my mind on it. It is one of the reasons i still dislike TF and want him out, results are not the be all and end all to me. I don't like him running the football side on the club i sacrifice so much for!

I think your judgement is mis-guided. In case it has slipped your attention 2 of our 4 main strikers are NOT BRITISH and Francis really wanted one and signed the other at Birmingham and Palace.
It also true that one of our main defenders is an Aussie.

Are you suggesting all 3 will soon be leaving?

AJ
20-12-2002, 01:59 PM

Sadly, Jesse Jackson would say nothing about this at all, as the players in question were white. An even if he did say something, I for one would not understand a word he says. His Southern Accent is too strong for me:eek: :eek:

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 02:04 PM
AJ,

Which 2 strikers are you refering to?

The Scouser Adebola?
Or Akinbiyi born in Hackney?
Scottish Freedman?
Welsh Williams?
English Black?
or English AJ?

Both the top 2 on that list are available for Nigeria through their parentage and grandparentage.

Popovic is just about the best defender in this division and Palace are not overly well stocked with quality defenders, more a case of necessity than choice in my opinion, same with Kolinko.

Anyone else notice Aki's change in confidence and form and when that set in? Not in the 1st team unless it is due to injuries and he is the only option as a fit central midfielder over the age of 20 at the club!

Geezer
20-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Great Gonzo, of the players Francis has signed a fair few have been of another nationality, Akinbiyi, Murphy, Adebola and Symons. I doubt very much hes a bigot.

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Geezer
Great Gonzo, of the players Francis has signed a fair few have been of another nationality, Akinbiyi, Murphy, Adebola and Symons. I doubt very much hes a bigot.

Akinbiyi - English
Murphy - i give you that one (limited options at the time? and was only on loan)
Adebola - English
Symons - Welsh

Where is your case?

Geezer
20-12-2002, 02:23 PM
Akinbiyi - English
Murphy - i give you that one (limited options at the time? and was only on loan)
Adebola - English
Symons - Welsh

Where is your case?

Does Trevor only dicriminate against Latvians and Americans then?

Akinbiyi is defiantly Nigerian, thats why he played for them, Adebola is pretty Nigerian as well i think.
Symons is welsh, its another country.

Gooders
20-12-2002, 02:27 PM
GG - you appear to me to be the one who doesn't have a case mate.

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Akinbiyi is defiantly Nigerian, thats why he played for them,

Like Clinton is Irish?

Akinbiyi's place of birth is Hackney, that makes him English.

He would never play for England so he elected to play for Nigeria under the same rules as Clinton does for Ireland!

Murphy is the only arguement you have there and as i say he was only on loan and may have been a lack of options available.

The evidence is still highly against in my opinion

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
GG - you appear to me to be the one who doesn't have a case mate.

I don't have a case yet the only arguement for the defence is the loan signing of Murphy who we all expected would be signed but wasn't!

PFIA has experienced it first hand apparently so you are also claiming that to be untrue?

Geezer
20-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Like Clinton is Irish?

He would never play for England so he elected to play for Nigeria under the same rules as Clinton does for Ireland!

Murphy is the only arguement you have there and as i say he was only on loan and may have been a lack of options available.

The evidence is still highly against in my opinion

Akinbiyi is of Nigerian origin i believe, if i was born in France I would still be English in my mind.

If Francis was a bigot anyway why would he spend so much money on someone that wanted to represent another country?

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Geezer i have already checked

Go to Google type in Ade Akinibiyi Birthplace, see what you get, it will come up with Hackney! That makes him English!

The Wise Eagle
20-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Hope there is no truth in him leaving. He has done a great job so far and is a faithful and humble servant to the club. Come on SJ, please don;t let it happen.

Geezer
20-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Geezer i have already checked

Go to Google type in Ade Akinibiyi Birthplace, see what you get, it will come up with Hackney! That makes him English!

Yes, but he stills wants to represent Nigeria, why would a bigot employ someone who wanted to represent another country?

PalaceFan in Alabama
20-12-2002, 02:53 PM
Kolinko, Aki, the young Thai player & Pop appear to be the only non Queens English speaking players. I could be wrong on this point?
And the loan keeper.

I used the word bigot based on what was said in my company about people from America and the other countries represented at the Birmingham training ground.

What I find strange is we have and rightly so people complaining about the racist remarks made to players, well surely making comments about where people come from is being a bigot?

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Yes, but he stills wants to represent Nigeria, why would a bigot employ someone who wanted to represent another country?

He chooses to represent Nigeria?
No Nigeria was his only option for international football and to play on the biggest stage.

He may want to represent the nation of his heritage but the fact is he was born in this country and brought up in this country.

Again i say, is Clinton Irish? Was Vinny Jones Welsh?

Geezer
20-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Kolinko, Aki, the young Thai player & Pop appear to be the only non Queens English speaking players. I could be wrong on this point?
And the loan keeper.

I used the word bigot based on what was said in my company about people from America and the other countries represented at the Birmingham training ground.

What I find strange is we have and rightly so people complaining about the racist remarks made to players, well surely making comments about where people come from is being a bigot?

That depends on what the comments where.

Geezer
20-12-2002, 03:11 PM
He chooses to represent Nigeria?
No Nigeria was his only option for international football and to play on the biggest stage.

He may want to represent the nation of his heritage but the fact is he was born in this country and brought up in this country.

Again i say, is Clinton Irish? Was Vinny Jones Welsh?

Yes he chose to represent Nigeria, he wasnt forced to.

Beanie
20-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by raytheroofer

How do you MAKE a player stay?

If he's out of contract he's free to go (BTW - is he out of contract? he's never appeared on a list I've seen).

If he's not out of contract he a player - especially a keeper - can pretty well screww you up if he is "foiced" to stay.

Fat Andy
20-12-2002, 03:15 PM
GG,If Kolinko is going to leave because he isn't British then why have we taken a goalie on trial to replace him who is French?

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Good question, ask it again IF we sign him

cpfcben
20-12-2002, 03:20 PM
i think he is a fantastic keeper and i would much rather have him than clarke, in goal! this season he has been brilliant!

we must do all we can to keep him!

David
20-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Axie, thos who know me will know i have a theory about Francis along this subject, looking at the number of 'forigners' who were at Birmingham with him and the number he has brought to Palace and realeased at Palace. Also the players who he rightly or wrongly favours in each position and those to whom he is willing to give a chance and those who he is not.

I do not think Kolinko will be playing for Palace next year, and that is the reason i think he will not!

:rolleyes:

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by David

Yeah great arguement David

NEXT

c_block_lad
20-12-2002, 03:56 PM
It is not a question of offering Kolinko a new contract, if he doesn't want to stay he won't sign a new deal, simple as that.

THB
20-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Kolinko is one of favourite players at the palace in a while. He is a good keeper and a character as well (sort of) Who remembers when we played newcastle i think, and he raced out to the corner flag, only to race back to the goal line to make a brilliant save. Even Hansen was impressed, it still makes me chuckle. Plus watford, qpr, two of the best saves i have ever seen.

KEEP HIM AS NO1. He has earnt it IMVHO.

Benzhiyi
20-12-2002, 04:01 PM

Not necessarily.

My girlfriend was born over here but her mum is Canadian. That makes her half Canadian.

So does Trev only half desciminate against Ade cos he's only half English? :rolleyes:

nookiebear
20-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Gonzo, mate, I don't buy your arguement

tell me which foreign players he's got rid of who are actually any good?

Kirovski?
Rubins?

Yes, Kolinko would be a loss, but nationality wasn't the reason Francis twatted Kolinko, was it

Maybe he finds it easier to work with English players, and if so that doesn't make him a bigot

I think your theory says more about your opinion of Francis. As results are improving you can't moan about that so you'll find something else

Palace Kebab
20-12-2002, 04:17 PM
what a lot of nonsense

Kevlon
20-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Not necessarily.

My girlfriend was born over here but her mum is Canadian. That makes her half Canadian.

Well both my parents come from the Seychelles, but I was born over here, and I consider myself English.

Benzhiyi
20-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Just out of interest, if Trev is prejudiced against Kolinko because he is foreign, then why oh why would he be looking at Michopoulos or Berthelin as replacements?!!!!

Mark, I think you've woken up in cloudcuckooland today mate!!!!! :clown:

Cap'n Bob
20-12-2002, 04:27 PM

yes, i'd thought the new black shirt was no accident of design. to cable street, quick, oswald marches once more.

Igor Iconic
20-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by THB
Kolinko is one of favourite players at the palace in a while. He is a good keeper and a character as well (sort of) Who remembers when we played newcastle i think, and he raced out to the corner flag, only to race back to the goal line to make a brilliant save. Even Hansen was impressed, it still makes me chuckle. Plus watford, qpr, two of the best saves i have ever seen.

KEEP HIM AS NO1. He has earnt it IMVHO.

Agreed. Although I think he has had as many bad games for palace as he has good games. Remember the 3-2 away win at Rotherham - he was awful (although Austin was worse) - he got ironic cheers from us lot just for holding on to the ball when he picked it up to take a goal kick. Mix the good with bad and he is great entertainment - penalty save at Crewe last year was good. I want him to stay if only because of late his performances have merited a starting place.

Did his dip in form coincide with Perry Suckling's coaching or are my seasons mixed up?

Will S
20-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
How do you MAKE a player stay?

Slap him about until he agrees...

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear

Maybe he finds it easier to work with English players, and if so that doesn't make him a bigot

PFIA said bigot i never did, i just said he would be leaving cos he is foreign.

Your explanation may well be the case and the reason is simply he finds it easier to work with British players. My point was simply Kolinko will be off cos he doesn't fit into that catagory!

Aki's form went downhill at the point of the Bruce departure, Francis arriving. He then has only been in the team when we are down to the bare bones. Kirovksi was never given a chance yet was a key player at the beginning of the season. This season 1 start and his link up with Clinton makes himself a goal. Berhalter, not given a chance by us, goes to the world cup has a good bit of form while there, sold before theseason starts. Murphy plays well for us, we all think would be a useful addition is not signed. Has signed 6 or 7 players and none are foreign, which in todays footballing world is strange. We have been linked to a series of forigners yet NONE of hem have signed, a lot of the British players we have been linked with have.

Plus i am going on what people who have spoken with the man say as well, people who's opinions and thoughts i hold in high regard.

If you don't want to share the opinion then don't, its fine by me but i am sticking to it, unless someone can prove me otherwise, which until now no-one has come up with a very good arguement to make me consider doing so.

Maz
20-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Palace Kebab
what a lot of nonsense

Not at all. If we believe half the threads on here, we have a barking fraudulent chairman, and a violent racist thug for a manager.

No wonder we beat Millwall this year...

Benzhiyi
20-12-2002, 04:35 PM
GG,

I noticed you completely ignored not one but TWO of my posts disproving two of your points.

Are you in politician mode today?!

GreatGonzo
20-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Sorry Ben the first was argued by Kevlons post and the second wasn't there when i went to post but as i said to someone else about this earlier in the thread, come back when they sign or sorry IF they sign.

nookiebear
20-12-2002, 04:56 PM

Aki's form went downhill at the point of the Bruce departure, Francis arriving. He then has only been in the team when we are down to the bare bones. Kirovksi was never given a chance yet was a key player at the beginning of the season. This season 1 start and his link up with Clinton makes himself a goal. Berhalter, not given a chance by us, goes to the world cup has a good bit of form while there, sold before theseason starts. Murphy plays well for us, we all think would be a useful addition is not signed. Has signed 6 or 7 players and none are foreign, which in todays footballing world is strange. We have been linked to a series of forigners yet NONE of hem have signed, a lot of the British players we have been linked with have.

Aki's form was already dropping when Bruce was in charge

Kirovski was the most over-rated player to wear a Palace shirt, and maybe he was dropped more because of was invisible in many matches, not because he was American

Berhalter was also not rated by Smith or Bruce, was he?

Maybe we couldn't agree a deal with Murphy or Francis wanted to hang on and get someone better (Powell in the summer?)

As pointed out, we have signed a foreign player in Nik the Greek

I don't think it's that strange we've not signed foreigners - budgets are tight, so why spend money on players who might need time to settle in the country, when you can get players like Butterfield and Adebola, who've got bags of experience, are English and are available on a free.

David
20-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Yeah great arguement David

NEXT

It's about all that statement deserved as far as I am concerned!

Still, it's your opinion.

David
20-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Aki's form was already dropping when Bruce was in charge

Kirovski was the most over-rated player to wear a Palace shirt, and maybe he was dropped more because of was invisible in many matches, not because he was American

Berhalter was also not rated by Smith or Bruce, was he?

Maybe we couldn't agree a deal with Murphy or Francis wanted to hang on and get someone better (Powell in the summer?)

As pointed out, we have signed a foreign player in Nik the Greek

I don't think it's that strange we've not signed foreigners - budgets are tight, so why spend money on players who might need time to settle in the country, when you can get players like Butterfield and Adebola, who've got bags of experience, are English and are available on a free.

Actually, Adebola is Nigerian.

Geezer
20-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Sorry Ben the first was argued by Kevlons post and the second wasn't there when i went to post but as i said to someone else about this earlier in the thread, come back when they sign or sorry IF they sign.

But they wont because Francis is a racist, we know that because he signed Akinbiyi and Adebola and only plays forgien players if they are good or has no option.

nookiebear
20-12-2002, 04:59 PM
I thought we'd come to the conclusion he was Scouse?

If he's Nigerian he'll be off soon, then, eh Gonzo?

nookiebear
20-12-2002, 05:02 PM
But they wont because Francis is a racist, we know that because he signed Akinbiyi and Adebola and only plays forgien players if they are good or has no option.

you're right, he must be racist, because he's only playing foreign players who are any good.

If he wasn't racist he'd play the rubbish ones and drop Freedman and Powell and the rest of em

David
20-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I thought we'd come to the conclusion he was Scouse?

If he's Nigerian he'll be off soon, then, eh Gonzo?

I think he was born in Lagos, Nigeria. He then moved here when he was 5, I believe.

David
20-12-2002, 05:10 PM
I worry that this thread has turned into a debate about our manager's opinions of certain player's because of their nationality. I am not happy that this has been said about Trevor, and I think the person who said it should prove it before they type! It is offensive to Francis as a character, to suggest he has problems with foreign player's.

Benzhiyi
20-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Gonzo, according to you, Akinbiyi is English as he was born in Hackney.

Now, have a look at your profile below - taken from our official site - and tell me what this means with regard to Adebola.

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/stats/view/player_profiles/0,,10323~8191,00.html

By your - and Kevlon's - theory this makes him Nigerian. End of story.

You dug your own whole I'm afraid!!!

David
20-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Akinbiyi - English
Adebola - English
Symons - Welsh

Where is your case?

Adebola is in fact Nigerian, born in Lagos. Where is your case?????

Geezer
20-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Gonzo, according to you, Akinbiyi is English as he was born in Hackney.

Now, have a look at your profile below - taken from our official site - and tell me what this means with regard to Adebola.

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/stats/view/player_profiles/0,,10323~8191,00.html

By your - and Kevlon's - theory this makes him Nigerian. End of story.

You dug your own whole I'm afraid!!!

Wahey!!!

Maz
20-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by David
I worry that this thread has turned into a debate about our manager's opinions of certain player's because of their nationality. I am not happy that this has been said about Trevor, and I think the person who said it should prove it before they type! It is offensive to Francis as a character, to suggest he has problems with foreign player's.

Well we used to attack TF on the grounds that we were (add hysterical voice here) "only a few points from the relegation zone!!!!!!".

Now that this is no longer a valid reason, I suppose the TF-Out brigade REALLY need to start digging up **** to see if it sticks.

David
20-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Maz
Well we used to attack TF on the grounds that we were (add hysterical voice here) "only a few points from the relegation zone!!!!!!".

Now that this is no longer a valid reason, I suppose the TF-Out brigade REALLY need to start digging up **** to see if it sticks.

Sad, isn't it!

nookiebear
20-12-2002, 05:32 PM
very sad

Walrus
20-12-2002, 05:33 PM
After wading through 2 pages of unrelated willy-waving I'm still no wiser - is there any truth at all in this "story" ?

There better not be. Alex is one of the best players we have at the club, and on this season's form he's equal (at the very least) to any goalie in this division.

Keep Alex, bin Sicknote Clarke.

PalaceFan in Alabama
20-12-2002, 05:52 PM
I was the one to use the word bigot.

His narrow minded and prejudice statements about people, is the reason why I do not like this guy. He knew nothing about any of our group and yet made comments about us and the other groups.
Having spoken with the two American players, they made comments on a similar line.

Al From Bromley
20-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Hey maybe he is only a bigot if you can't produce an english birth certificate? Your ancestry can be taken into consideration as can the colour of your skin. Hence the confusion. What a silly debate. Why on earth would TF not like foreigners? Popovic is on borrowed time then. Fleming's Irish. Let alone some of the reserve and youth team players like the Thai international. Never heard such nonsense.

Hang The DJ
20-12-2002, 08:22 PM
So from all this I conclude that Francis gets rid of highly paid and very average foreign players (Berhalter, Kirovski, Rubins etc) and replaces them with decent first division pros (Symons, Fleming, Butterfield).

Kolinko is highlighting his availability because he is out of contract in the summer and I'm sure we can get a cheaper alternative who is just as good (Danny Coyne for one)

It seems to me that there are people out there who are prepared to throw whatever mud they can at Francis until he leaves because of their own bitter prejudices.

And by the way he signed a foreign keeper for Birmingham in Nico Vaesen before he was sacked.

Ruskin Old Boy
20-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Walrus
After wading through 2 pages of unrelated willy-waving I'm still no wiser - is there any truth at all in this "story" ?

Here's the relevant piece from today's Adder. Unusual for them to run a story like this if there wasn't an element of truth in it, especially as it would tie in with SJ's attempts to reduce the wage bill.

"Alex Kolinko dropped a bomb-shell this week by revealing that he has no future at Selhurst Park.

In an amazingly frank interview Palace's goalkeeper, who has become a firm fans' favourite, has underlined his determination to leave the club.

And that will come as devastating news for supporters who have taken the Latvian to their hearts.

However, the early season incident against Bradford City which earned manager Trevor Francis a fine for striking his custodian, who had appeared to laugh when Palace conceded a goal, has clearly strengthened Kolinko's desire to quit when his contract expires in six months.

Kolinko claimed: "The manager and chairman [Simon Jordan] do not want me to sign a new contract and I have had problems with Trevor this season. It is a difficult situation between the club and me."

He even spoke about the action.ing of the transfer window next month as offering him an escape route from Selhurst. One thing he will miss is "the special bond with supporters who love me, but I don't like the manager and he does not like me."

Asked whether his future would be in the English top flight, Kolinko said: "There are too many good keepers for me to play in the Premier League. I probably could play in the Premier League, I but it would be difficult."

Walrus
20-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Thanks Ruskin.

Oh bugger :sob: :sob: :sob:

pete eagle
21-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Aleks Kolinko is a fine goalkeeper and we should do all we can to keep him, but if he wants to leave then what we can we do about it.

It seems to me that there is an underlying thing going on here, i don't think that it is purely the 'slap' that caused this desire to leave. There is something else we don't know.

As for Francis being a xenophobe (where did racist come from?), maybe there is an element of truth to that in the fact that he wants players who will battle and understand what the first division about and what it requires. I certainly didn't agree with his decision to release Kirovski (madness in my view, wisest thing he's ever done in others) but i would seriously question the view that he is a racist (black players at our club who he brought in) or a xenophobe.

Gooders
21-12-2002, 09:46 AM
I think Kolinko is a diamond and I'd be really sorry to see him go - for a guy who never says more than a couple of words, he's a real character.

Can we put this Kirovski thing to bed?

We are divided about whether he was any good (I thought he was lazy and completely uninterested for 90% of his time at the club) but the facts are:

He only ever signed a 12 month contract
He apparently had to take a big drop in wages to join us
He was a Bruce signing and immediately looked even less interested after he left

Kirovski was never going to stay with Palace after that first season if Bruce wasn't here and we weren't in the Premier League - it had nothing to do with TF or Jordan, IMHO.

I never lost any sleep over it because he certainly was not worth anything like one of the biggest annual salaries on our books.

Will S
21-12-2002, 10:56 AM
I think to accuse Francis of racism is patently daft. In my previous incarnation as a sports journalist I met various managers who believed in having a core of British players at their club - it's more to do with a belief that they all are naturally 'schooled' in what's required of the British game. I don't necessarily agree (and Chelsea's current form I suppose is proof, albeit their form of the past few seasons supports the counter argument) but there is a perception that having too many foreign players means you have too many complications in terms of language, settling in, adaptation etc. I recall Sir Steve talking of the need to find the right blend, not unlike that of youth and experience.
Besides which, I can remember TF praising Scandanavian players to high heaven last summer - that's why we 'hired' Mick Mills and sent him scouting there. The fact we probably ran out of money and left the poor bu**er out there is irrelevent...

Fide et Fiducia
21-12-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Hasn't he been punished enough? :D

:D :D

Chillo
21-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Will S
I remember TF praising Scandanavian players to high heaven last summer - that's why we 'hired' Mick Mills and sent him scouting there. The fact we probably ran out of money and left the poor bu**er out there is irrelevent...

Is he still out there? Probably lookng to sell enough christmas trees to pay for his fare home.

I have now read the Adder article in full. What with the quotes from Aleks himself, it does look fairly damning and that he will be on his way very soon. A great shame.

Expect to see Craig Harrison gone as soon as he is fully fit again.

Son of Shacker
21-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Presumably as Alex is our number 1 at present, he would actually qualify for a new work permit? When Matt Clark is actually fit or the trialist from Luton is about who knows? If Alex goes back to being number 2 I 'm not sure he would.

Phil O'Sophical
22-12-2002, 12:04 PM
Just found this on Sky dated 20th Dec - can't see it on another thread:

'CLIPPED' KEEPER ON HIS WAY OUT'

Kolinko: No future at Palace

Crystal Palace's Latvian goalkeeper Alex Kolinko has been told he will not be offered a new contract with the club.

He has spoken to Simon Jordan and Trevor Francis who have both agreed he is not in Palace's future plans:

"The manager and chairman do not want me to sign a new contract and I have had problems with Trevor this season. It is a difficult situation between the Club and me."

Kolinko has had a simmering dispute with Palace boss Trevor Francis since an early season incident against Bradford city. Francis was fined £1,000 for striking his keeper, who appeared to laugh when Palace conceded a goal in the second half.

Kolinko revealed that the situation had not been cleared up within the Club, and he now has a strained relationship with Francis:

"I have a special bond with the supporters who love me, but I don't like the manager and he does not like me."

Kolinko said it was unlikely he would stay in England because of the high quality of goalkeepers in the top-flight. He has already attracted interest from Russian club Spartak Moscow, who recently signed his Palace and Latvian team mate Andrejs Rubins:

"There are too many good keepers for me to play in the Premier League. I probably could play in the Premier League but it would be difficult."

Kolinko has kept three clean sheets in the last four matches and has been one of the Eagle's most impressive performers.

His departure will be questioned by Palace fans who have seen numerous players leave since Francis took over.

Hedgehog
22-12-2002, 03:36 PM
This little snippet has slipped in under the radar “Spartak Moscow, who recently signed his Palace and Latvian team mate Andrejs Rubins,” So much for him still being at Palace.

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Hedgehog
This little snippet has slipped in under the radar “Spartak Moscow, who recently signed his Palace and Latvian team mate Andrejs Rubins,” So much for him still being at Palace.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30078 ;)

Hedgehog
22-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Thanks Steve, completely missed that one. Looks like that thread came and went in 2 days.

Walrus
22-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Short of bankrupting the club, please SJ, TF whoever - you have to do whatever it takes to keep Alex Kolinko happy with his lot and life in general as the no.1 goalie at Crystal Palace.

A couple of grand a week extra on a 1 or 2 year extension would do for starters, a brand new Jag to replace his classy but a couple-of-years-old current model....

Hell, if the price of his staying at Palace was demanding a blow job from TF as an apology then for gawd's sake Trev, on your knees man :o

He is essential to our continued success. And no, I'm not on a percentage from his agent.

Phil O'Sophical
22-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Hedgehog

It was confirmed on the uefa.com site earlier this month:

Rubins wings his way to Spartak

Tuesday, 10 December 2002

"FC Spartak Moskva have added Latvian international winger Andrejs Rubins to their list of winter aquisitions.

Five signings
Spartak, who charted third when the Russian Premier League finished in November, have already made five new signings - the latest of which is the capture of Rubins from English First Division club Crystal Palace FC.

Free transfer
Rubins, who has played just twice for the English club this season, was released shortly before his 24th birthday last month and joins Spartak on a free transfer, along with Russia Under-21 striker Roman Pavlyuchenko and the FC BATE Borisov trio of Dmitri Likhtarovich, Pavel Shmigero and Artem Kontsevoy.

Rubins happy
Former FC Skonto wideman Rubins, who has won 36 caps for Latvia, said: "I am happy to join Spartak. I am happy with my personal contract - there only a few formalities left to complete." Rubins will become only the second Latvian to play for the Russian club after Andrejs Stolcers, who scored in each of his first four Spartak games."

PalaceFan in Alabama
22-12-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Walrus
Hell, if the price of his staying at Palace was demanding a blow job from TF as an apology then for gawd's sake Trev, on your knees man :o

First a slap and now a bj, I think you maybe asking just a little too much :cool:

Clapham Grand
22-12-2002, 09:36 PM
His display today was,again, magnificent. We MUST offer him a new contract

Latvian
23-12-2002, 12:55 AM
I dont think he wants to leave, he loves Palace!

Walrus
28-12-2002, 09:23 PM
DISCLAIMER - This is not a rumour but simply an observation

When a fellow fan told me of his hunch that Alex could be a target for Arsenal I stopped and thought about it. Alex (or his agent) wanting away, Arsenal having a major goalie crisis, Alex having been there on trial before coming to us, us probably being able to charge Arsenal a decent fee for his services......

It really made sense to me. Mind you, if it's that logical it simply can't happen can it.

Like I said, there is no shred of evidence linked to this but Wenger has gone public to deny talk that he was after Rustu the (very good) Turkish international keeper. I'm just paranoid - Alex this season has been nothing short of top class and would walk into a few prem clubs as no.1 in my opinion.

Paicey
28-12-2002, 09:26 PM
We all Know Alex kollinko doesn't get on with Frances, and vic-verca but did anyone notice today that he seems almost sad to leave the pitch. I have never seen it from him, he claped every stand before he waent off, like morrison did last game of last season. I thought it looked like a good bye from the latvian shot stopper and with roumers flying around about us signing a new french keeper and that kollinko is going have we seen him play his last game for the red n blue army?

It would be a big shame to see him go. He has done well and improved MILLIONS since he first joined! It's thanks to him (along with black and dele) we are 7th in the league.

I wish Alex all the best in what ever he decides. I hope he stayes thou untill the end of the season

CHERRY TREE BRB
28-12-2002, 09:30 PM
Alex is going nowhere, by the way, did anyone see when the holmesdale were singing " alex whats the score " , and Kit Symons turned round gave a 2 sign to alex and pointed at the Holmesdale ?

RtS
28-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Alex always applauds the fans win or lose. Saw both Black and Adebola respond to chants today as they were warming down but when "Francis, Francis whats the score?" was chanted from the Holmesdale Trev ignored it and promptly went back to the dug out and so was booed. Frankly I don't think he was doing anything other than concentrating on the game but it may be seen as an unfortunate pr gaffe with some of the fans.

palace rule
28-12-2002, 09:43 PM
my dad said he read somewhere that he is leavingto be the third choice keeper at arsenal. did anyone else read this

Fide et Fiducia
28-12-2002, 09:59 PM
I sincerely hope the lad stays. He always gives 100%.

Gosling
28-12-2002, 10:05 PM
Pure speculation on the part of your dad, palace rule (or at least on the part of the journalist your dad read). Although I agree with him. I reckon Arsenal will come in with a 2Mill offer as soon as the transfer window opens. I really hope we don't sell as Aleks is the Mutt's Nuts. He has made at least half a dozen WORLD CLASS saves over the last 4 games. If he were to stay with us he would assume legendary stature. I just have this awful feeling that we are going to lose him pretty soon.

cumbrian_eagles
28-12-2002, 10:06 PM
I hope he stays, even if its a crap game you can count on Alek to make it interesting. Like home to Grimsby down in the corner near the AW and Whitehorse when he charged out and scared one of thier players off before kicking it into the AW :D but in all seriousness he's a fantastic shot stopper and every aspect of his game is improving! :)

AddiscombeEagle
28-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by RtS
Alex always applauds the fans win or lose. Saw both Black and Adebola respond to chants today as they were warming down but when "Francis, Francis whats the score?" was chanted from the Holmesdale Trev ignored it and promptly went back to the dug out and so was booed. Frankly I don't think he was doing anything other than concentrating on the game but it may be seen as an unfortunate pr gaffe with some of the fans.

If you didn't see, Francis actually told Tommy and Dele to wind up the crowd which was a good PR exercise!!
:p

However , I agree with you, he could have waved to the crowd.

PALACE 4 EVER
28-12-2002, 10:16 PM
i just hope kolinko stays with us,at this present time he is at his best form and i shouldnt think matt clarke would walk straight back in the team
if we do lose him maybe we will buy burnleys nikolas michopoulous,could get him on the cheap!!!

cpfcben
28-12-2002, 10:27 PM
i hope he doesn't go
he is easily the best goal keeper we have had since BIG Nige (and the best in the division on present form!!!!! (there is no one i would rather have)
when he 1st came he looked decidedly dodgy, but this season i think he has been absloutley fantastic
some of his says are breath taking
and since he has learnt how to catch his handling has become impecable. he knows when to punch and when to catch
today was another 1st class display, i desperatley hope he doesn't go!!!!!!!!!

Gooders
28-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Klinks is a ledge, hope he doesn't leave. :(

It would be totally unprofessional for TF to acknowledge the "what's the score" chants - not to mention insulting to the opposition.

Gosling
28-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Aleks's biggest problem when he arrived was dealing with crosses. He seems to have sorted that out. He is becoming a really class act.

Best keeper in the division? I reckon he's better than several Premiership keepers.

pallet
28-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Where could we get another keeper with the heading ability of Alex the Great?:D

freekickuk
28-12-2002, 11:21 PM
shame not many people get on with their boss,but as long as you do your job well like alex is then there should be no problems

budgie
28-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Kolinko will not be going anywhere, at least not before the season ends.

Nik is going back to Burnley any time now, and Palace would not sell Kolinko whilst we are aiming to get promotion, I know SJ has said he is looking to bring in another keeper, but its only as backup for our mad Latvian.

Personally, I just hope he stays on for many more years, as I feel he is a better bet than Matt Clarke, who is not in Alex's class.

Robin
28-12-2002, 11:42 PM
With respect, this thread is complete tosh. We are currently seventh. Our defence has conceded one goal in ten home games. Our reserve keeper's loan spell is just about to end (see Friday's Advertiser). We have only Lance Cronin as reserve. Does anyone really think that Francis or Jordan would let Kolinko leave? I don't think so!!!!

andrew
28-12-2002, 11:52 PM
hope not he is on such good form and if i had to chouse between him and francis theres no contest

Walrus
29-12-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by andrew
hope not he is on such good form and if i had to chouse between him and francis theres no contest

Blimey there's a thought for the future.......Alex as Palace manager :eek:

Am I right in thinking Alex is under contract until the end of 2004 .... or is it this season ?

fnord
29-12-2002, 12:49 AM
what if Alex decides to leave? Personally I'd offer him anything to stay but if (speculation) there's still bad feelign between him and Trev he might not want to stay. Hopefully this is all cobblers and January will come and go unnoticed.

ozeagle
29-12-2002, 01:25 AM
there is NO way he will leave, TF isn't that silly,
one doesn't have to love the player to acknowledge he is the best in the division..big Trev will feel the same way.
Alex for a while yet.

29-12-2002, 04:13 AM
By far the best goalkeeper that has kept for Palace, and incidentally the finest goalkeeper in the world ever bar none, is/was John Jackson and if you had read a fabulous interview he gave to Palace Echo about a year ago, you would know that Johnno could hardly even remember who the club's manager was, let alone all his stupendous saves and who they were against, he'd just turn up, put on his green jersey and get out there and do it for the Palace. I am beginning to see emerging signs of Aleks in the same mould - he can jump like a cat, evidence: he provided a simply superb save against Pompey to palm a really good shot up and onto the corssbar and thus out of our goal. So what if he doesn;t want to suck TF's knob, who would. He has a gorgeous wife and seems happy at the Palace, he's bought a nice gaffe in the Bromley-ish area as I understand it, he clearly gets on well with his defence, particularly Popo and Symons and Granville, he's a good egg and hey, what a nose. Now I think of it, John Jackson had a fine schnozzle as well.
Aleks Kolinko, Aleks Kolinko:lux:

BaldEagle96
29-12-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by RtS
but when "Francis, Francis whats the score?" was chanted from the Holmesdale Trev ignored it and promptly went back to the dug out and so was booed.

Frankly if I was Trevor I would have ignored all the to$$ers who have constantly booed him since his arrival. Maybe that was what he was doing rather than concentrating on the game...

Men At Work
29-12-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by beestey
he's a good egg and hey, what a nose. Now I think of it, John Jackson had a fine schnozzle as well.

If it's the nose that does it then let's sign Cyrano de Bergerac :)

Bourne Eagle
29-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
Frankly if I was Trevor I would have ignored all the to$$ers who have constantly booed him since his arrival. Maybe that was what he was doing rather than concentrating on the game...

BE96 have to agree with you on that one, the way our support has been for the last couple of years one defeat and it will be Francis out again.

RtS
29-12-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Gooders

It would be totally unprofessional for TF to acknowledge the "what's the score" chants - not to mention insulting to the opposition.

Thats a very good point.:p

Ben H
29-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
If you didn't see, Francis actually told Tommy and Dele to wind up the crowd which was a good PR exercise!!
:p

No, he was actually having a go at Dele and Tommy for not warming down after they came off. They were running up and down the line and doing stretches after this.;)

As for Aleks, he always looks a glum bugger. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Malakite
29-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle

He didnt wave cause he didnt understand what we were singing/saying

palace rule
29-12-2002, 02:55 PM
didnt he i thought it was easily loud enough to hear. im sure it was louder than when we were shouting to the arthur boys we re the holmesdale ova ere

Ben H
29-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by palace rule
didnt he i thought it was easily loud enough to hear. im sure it was louder than when we were shouting to the arthur boys we re the holmesdale ova ere

..but you didn't sing to Aleks in Latvian did you;)

Skin Up
29-12-2002, 02:59 PM
By the way palace rule, from your location you only sit two seats from me, I'm row 29, seat 19.

Adrian
29-12-2002, 03:43 PM
For those of you who haven't seen the Adder for 20 December, the headline is:
"Kolinko: I have to leave Palace"
Text (extract):
"Alex Kolinko dropped a bombshell this week by revealing that he has no future at Selhurst Park. In an amazingly frank interview, Palace's goalkeeper, who has become a firm fans' favourite, has underlined his determination to leave the club.

Kolinko claimed: 'The manager and chairman do not want me to sign a new contract and I have had problems with Trevor this season. It is a difficult situation between the club and me.'

He even spoke about the reopening of the transfer window next month as offering him an escape route from Selhurst. One thing he will miss is 'the special bond with supporters who love me, but I don't like the manager and he does not like me.' "

Sound pretty definite to me. I never thought there'd be a 'keeper to rank up there with Jacko and Big Nige but, I have to say, Aleks looks like he could have gone on to join their elite group. Not now, I fear.

Regardless of the why's and wherefores of the Bradford incident, it seems to me that Francis and Kolinko should bury the hatchet on this and ensure that they develop a mutual respect for each other as soon as possible. A touch of humility wouldn't go amiss from either/both; it doesn't actually matter what the reasons for their continued animosity are or who's right or wrong. We need Aleks; the team needs Aleks; the whole damn CLUB needs Aleks - and the sooner Jordan and Francis deal with it to achieve the only acceptable and appropriate resolution available, the better.

Serious about the play-offs?

We'll see.

Ben H
29-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Regardless of the transfer window, Jordan won't let Aleks go without a replacement lined up. Michopolous goes back to Burnley at the end of the month.

palace rule
29-12-2002, 04:18 PM
sorry i thought you were talking about trevor not waving

The Doctor.
29-12-2002, 06:48 PM
my dad said he read somewhere that he is leavingto be the third choice keeper at arsenal. did anyone else read this

Third?

Third?

THIRD???

This has to be a joke...

Aleks rules!

And if he leaves, forget about the play-offs.

Ben H
29-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Missed this first time round. Why would Aleks want to make such a backward step. He's miles better than Stuart Taylor. I'd understand him going there to be understudy to Seaman especially when you consider all the injuries Seaman has.

Stavros 69
29-12-2002, 07:02 PM
LAVTIA'S No.1
LATVIA'S LATVIA'S No.1

Dont go Alex!! He is great he brought comedy at first with his outlandish challanges and punching every ball but he has been transformed into the leagues BEST goalkeeper. SJ wont sell him untill we have someone else. Stay Alex, STAY !!! :(

palace rule
29-12-2002, 07:02 PM
there second keeper is shabaan but im not sure if he is on loan

del
29-12-2002, 07:22 PM
shabaan has broke his leg and taylor has a broken finger

Beanie
30-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Walrus - Arsenal have a very short term goalkeeping problem. Even yesterday they thought Taylor was fit enough to have on the bench. When Shaaban is back - okay he's out until, what, Feb / March - they'll be sorted. I'd be surprised if they would want to buy another keeper, and certainly not at any "decent fee". They might look for a loan, but probably not more.

Richard
30-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I've become a big fan of Kolinko. I always preferred him to Clarke, because I felt that Clark came over as being somewhat arrogant (and there were rumours that he only displaced Kolinko after the latter's good run of form last season because of a toy-lobbing-out-of-pram exercise). Kolinko does make a few mistakes (but then, one also came to expect one "Martyn Moment of Madness" every game), but his distribution is excellent and he is a great shot-stopper. I can forgive him a few errors, because I'm sure that the good far outweighs the bad, and we've always taken honest triers to heart at Palace. If nothing else I just remember that save against Newcastle this time last year - it was his mistake to get caught so far out of position, but his recovery was stupendous.

GreatGonzo
30-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Shaaban is out for the rest of the season and Taylor has a broken finger that will keep him 'unfit' for a couple of months, he could in theory play but why risk him.

lightweight
30-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Aleks should stay. Will be very disappointed if he leave - quality keeper - confidence has improved, and playing behind a good defence has shown just how good he is.

Will be very unfortunate if he leaves for a reserve team place elsewhere just because of personality differences.

Shame too cos he obviously get on really well with Kit Symons & poss other players too. Maybe they can try and persuade him to stay!

Beanie
30-12-2002, 09:56 AM
This seems like a lot of odd points cobbled together but none really make sense -

£2m from Arsenal - why pay that sort of money for a keeper they only need as back up for a few months? Taylor was fit enough for the bench yesterday and Shaaban will be available in a couple of months. The days of even clubs like Arsenal throwing cash at short term problems have gone.

We might sign a french keeper - on loan to end of the season that is! Nik the Greek left after the Preston game and his loan can't be extended, Matt Clarke is out as we know, question is whether we risk only having Cronin as cover. He's a good keeper, but a bit young yet.

The Adder Article - we have seen recently that the Adder's desire to stir it for Palace is getting ridiculous. What Aleks is reported as saying is almost identical to what he said back in August when the incident happened. Now which seems more likley - Aleks has said it twice or the Adder has printed it twice?

No new deal on offer - by all that we hear SJ has done nothing yet about new deals for anybody, so this means nothing. If others are made offers and not Aleks then this might become a valid point.

Will S
30-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Sounds to me like AK is on his way... and reading between the lines it does to all hail from that strange incident in the dugout. I'm extremely curious as to what and more importantly, why it happened. Only TF would seem to know the truth. Was Kolinko not taking the situation seriously? Was Francis so annoyed by the Bradford goal he lost control of himself for a moment?
I know it's all ancient history now but it's something that we'll never know and I think it has a direct bearing on Kolinko's comments in the Adder recently. He clearly felt very aggrieved, his agent clearly got involved, and Francis seemed very keen not to apologise for his actions. At the time Jordan was furious with Kolinko and his agent, and subsequently disciplined Francis. All the facts bury the real emotions sadly, and I suspect Jordan and Francis hold Kolinko responsible for the incident and the subsequent publicity, while Aleks himself feels...er...Trevor shouldn't have belted him in the first place! (I have some sympathy for this view) Either wayI think it's the root cause of why Kolinko will leave. It's a shame becaue Palace have done a wonderful job in coaching him and helping him adapt to the English game - he has, as others have mentioned come on a bundle since his first season and both he and the club deserve praise. Equally he wouldn't be the first popular player to depart disappointingly - it's a hard truth of football that heroes are surprisingly easy to replace and easily forgotten (remember the outcry when Venables sold Edworthy and replaced him with Fan ?)

GreatGonzo
30-12-2002, 10:29 AM
One thing i have noticed in the last couple of games is an apparent increase in balls being over hit towards forwards and kolinko clearing or smothering the ball.

Could this be because our defence is so hard to break down the opposition are trying to hiyt balls over the top of them? However with Aleks almost acting as a sweeper behind them most of the time this snuffs out the opportunities. Would a replacement be so confident coming out of the area so often to clear the danger to avoid a serious 1 on 1 situation.

One other thing i know is that when we have a penalty against us i have never felt as confident as i do with Aleks in goal that we will save it.

If we get into the play-offs and go all the way to Cardiff, and we hold out in a stalemate for 120 minutes who would you want in goal?

That could well be the situation, so selling Kolinko would be a sign of a lack of ambition in my mind and not to keep a keeper who is as responsible as anyone for the fact we have conceeded 1 goal in 8 home matches would be insanity!

SKATE
30-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Just a small point - but if Alex goes who exactly is going to play in goal???????????????????????????

Selling him at this juncture would be complete stupidity.

Al From Bromley
30-12-2002, 10:54 AM
It would be disappointing if Kolinko goes, but no one player is bigger than the club and if we get a decent amount for him I am sure we can pick up another equally decent keeper. Its as much about the defence in front of him as the goalkeeper himself, and our defence is much more solid than it was. In short, keepers are on the whole, much of a muchness. they all make a few wonder saves and they all have the occasional blunder.

pete eagle
30-12-2002, 11:01 AM
I'm hoping fan pressure will persuade TF and SJ to sit down Aleks and make sure he stays and get rid of any bad feelings between them. He has to stay, there is no point having Clarke (who is still a class keeper) and a back-up keeper who isn't as good as him. You need competition there. The back-up keeper should only be back-up in title. They should be as good as each other

Bourne Eagle
30-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Quite right Pete, surely if you want to succeed you need strong cover in all positions and you expect players to be unhappy not playing but you will not get anywhere with just a strong 14 or 15 players. so if SJ wants success he needs to sort it out

Ben H
30-12-2002, 02:47 PM
As someone else said, the Advertiser's interview could be nothing more than mud-raking. I for one suspect the story of Kolinko's supposed unhappiness to be no more than Chinese wispers. I don't see why a professional like TF would allow a silly incident a few months ago to lead to the departure of one of our best players.

Beanie
30-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Another small point about Aleks being unhappy - generally if somebody is unhappy at work it shows in what they do. Anybody spotted the down turn in Aleks form recently?

He's either an amazing professional or not that unhappy!

What?
30-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Well, whatever the story we must ALL really get behind him against Coventry and show the Players, Aleks and the Staff exactly how much we love him! He can NOT go!

palace rule
31-12-2002, 06:03 PM
just heard on sky sports news arsenal are going for a bulgarian keeper so there not going for alex horaay

Walrus
31-12-2002, 07:29 PM
just heard on sky sports news arsenal are going for a bulgarian keeper so there not going for alex horaay

Let's hope they get him then.

PALACE'S NUMBER 1, PALACE'S PALACE'S NUMBER 1.....hopefully for another season or two at least.

What's Latvian for "Alex give us a wave" while we're at it ?

MasterYoda
01-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Arsenal have taken Bulgaria's number one GK Zdravko Zdravkov on trial. There be hope for Alex yet

Beanie
02-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by son of aylott
Palace Just signed Cedric Bethelin looks like adious Kolinkos

TF said that this was cover for Aleks, the guy is on a contract to the end of the season. We've been short a keeper since Clarkes was injured, now we've signed one short term instead of another loan. In what way does this show any move for Aleks? If there was any likelihood of him moving on, even at the end of the season, wouldn't this guy be on longer deal?

Sunny Fan
02-01-2003, 01:07 PM
As Beanie pointed out earlier, the quote that the Adder attributes to Aleks is from an interview he gave soon after the Bradford incident. He's said nothing of the kind recently.

New keeper is cover, there's no reason to think that Aleks is going anywhere for now.