PDA

View Full Version : Could SJ Look at Himself in the Mirror?

The Vicar
30-12-2002, 02:27 PM
If SJ were to sell our single most important player, Hayden Mullins, to Birmingham, how could he look himself in the mirror?

1. He'd be selling our best player to the Bruce traitor.
2. He would severely damage our promotion chances at the very time that we're on a great run and Hayden is in top form.

If Jordan were to sell him, you would have to think that he either:

1. Has no pride
2. Has no money

Or both.

Please, SJ, don't do it. Sell someone else if you have to. Find another way. Don't sabotage our promotion prospects.

You've been a hero for how you saved the club, don't change your legacy in one fell swoop.

Thanet Eagle
30-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Seriously worried that if Judas does make a bid for Hayden then Jordan will let him go.This for me would be a travesty as Hayden is one of our most important players,as well as being captain he is very versatile either as part of a back three or as the engine room in midfield.Don't do it Jordan :veryangry

CallMeBernard
30-12-2002, 02:35 PM
If we were still languishing mid-table then yes, I think Mullins would go.
But now we're pushing the play-offs then now I'm not sure SJ will sell...

Beanie
30-12-2002, 02:37 PM
If I were in Jordans position there is only one thing I would be asking - would be the club as a whole (not just on the pitch) be in a better position if we sold Hayden Mullins?

If the answer is "yes" and the offer is there, then it's Hayden's choice.

Selling Mullins could, for example, finance new deals for Kolinko and Black, who might otherwise leave. For a supporter it's always nicely black and white when looking at this, for a chairman it isn't.

If the money would benefit the club then personally I couldn't care less where it comes from. Time to get the "Bruce" chip off a few shoulders I'd say.

wedgetail
30-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Could Jordan look at himself in the mirror if he allowed personal animosity to prevent him making the best deal for Palace?
I believe that Mullins has been our star player this season, but he is only one player.

The Vicar
30-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail
Could Jordan look at himself in the mirror if he allowed personal animosity to prevent him making the best deal for Palace?
I believe that Mullins has been our star player this season, but he is only one player.

You are diminishing Mullins impact on the team, and his role in our promotion push, methinks.

In response to another thread, I'm a big Tommy Black and Klinks fan, but I'd keep Mullins over both of them if that were the choice.

biggus mickus
30-12-2002, 02:56 PM
If players are to go so the club is healthy, I agree with it. Its no good letting it get to you when a favourite player leaves. The bottom line is the money from the TV deal, everyone got hurt.
Dont tell me uncle Ron would not have done it. Why on earth would SJ sink so much dough into the club, just to watch it go up in flames. Come on guys, this is the real world.

wedgetail
30-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by The Vicar
You are diminishing Mullins impact on the team, and his role in our promotion push, methinks.

?

In response to another thread, I'm a big Tommy Black and Klinks fan, but I'd keep Mullins over both of them if that were the choice.

The point is that you don't a choice you get difficult and painful dilemmas.

AJ
30-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
If I were in Jordans position there is only one thing I would be asking - would be the club as a whole (not just on the pitch) be in a better position if we sold Hayden Mullins?

If the answer is "yes" and the offer is there, then it's Hayden's choice.

Selling Mullins could, for example, finance new deals for Kolinko and Black, who might otherwise leave. For a supporter it's always nicely black and white when looking at this, for a chairman it isn't.

If the money would benefit the club then personally I couldn't care less where it comes from. Time to get the "Bruce" chip off a few shoulders I'd say.

Exactly, it's time for some people to wake up. The nationwide clubs were in financial trouble and then the digital TV deal put most of them in crises. Palace are no exception.
If the choice is administration/bankrupcy or selling one, two or three players, then to me the later is the only choice.

I don't want Muillins to leave, but, we are a selling club and will be for a long while to come...that is reality:( :(

cpfcben
30-12-2002, 03:18 PM
great thread
don't do it SJ
HE IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER

maybe we could get everyone to sign on here, like a petition to try and get him to stay, and to try and influence SJ

not that it will be probably make any difference
i would rather black or gray left than hayden, he has been instrumental in our good form

Walrus
30-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by biggus mickus
If players are to go so the club is healthy, I agree with it. Its no good letting it get to you when a favourite player leaves. The bottom line is the money from the TV deal, everyone got hurt.
Dont tell me uncle Ron would not have done it. Why on earth would SJ sink so much dough into the club, just to watch it go up in flames. Come on guys, this is the real world.

Can't argue with that sort of logic Mickus. Hope the flight was OK mate, and yes we did sing our hearts out :p

The Vicar
30-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
great thread
don't do it SJ
HE IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER

maybe we could get everyone to sign on here, like a petition to try and get him to stay, and to try and influence SJ

not that it will be probably make any difference
i would rather black or gray left than hayden, he has been instrumental in our good form

well said. if we really need the dosh, please explore all other options before selling Hayden.

pallet
30-12-2002, 03:47 PM
If we are seroius about getting up this year can we really afford to sell Hayden??
Not only that but why to Brum, have'nt they raped us enough?:veryangry

Bunsen Honeydew
30-12-2002, 03:51 PM
On the other hand, if (and only if) selling Hayden nets enough money to secure the rest of the season without selling anyone else, it might be a good bet. I don't want us to lose him (I think he's one of our best players), but I'd prefer a mid table 1st div Palace to no Palace at all!

What?
30-12-2002, 03:52 PM
I will sacrafice myself. Sell me instead. And then every week i dont get in Birminghams team i will come along and support the Eagles.

Beanie
30-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by The Vicar
well said. if we really need the dosh, please explore all other options before selling Hayden.

Do you seriously think that the first option SJ will try is to sell one of the best players in the team (I don't believe he is the best - but that's opinion). If Palace are successful then the bank balance gets healthier and SJ can recoup some of the money he has invested. Its in his interest to keep the players - but not at the expense of the club as whole.

Gollum
30-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Don't forget the other factor in all this. Mullins current contract has only 17 months left. Therefore at the moment he's worth something. With every month that passes his worth diminishes and both he and his agent will have the upper hand in future contract talks with the club or can happily let the contact run out and get a freebie into the premier league and command a huge wage.
Jordan can't allow that to happen as Palace (and himself) lose out, therefore selling at circa 2m has to be an option.

britabroad
30-12-2002, 04:26 PM
I am not so sure that SJ would see selling Mullins as the most appropriate option. Finance is the big issue, and a return to the premiership would be the ultimate aim. even if we only survived one season, the income would be a major boost to the Palace's security. The main issue ( I guess for Jordan) is bringing wages down to an affordable level. If this is achieved, then selling Mullins wouldn't be needed. But selling him for 2m max would just be thowing money at the problem, and not solving it. How long would 2m (which would not come in a lump sum) prop up the crazy wage levels? Therefore I do not think he will sell Mullins, rather, on current form gamble on a return to the prem. This could all change though, if by march we are out of the picture.

freekickuk
30-12-2002, 04:27 PM
big question who does mullins want to play for???

The Vicar
30-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Bunsen Honeydew
On the other hand, if (and only if) selling Hayden nets enough money to secure the rest of the season without selling anyone else, it might be a good bet. I don't want us to lose him (I think he's one of our best players), but I'd prefer a mid table 1st div Palace to no Palace at all!

it's a fair point of view, but others on this thread have argued strongly that Jordan has plenty of dosh

The Vicar
30-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by What?
I will sacrafice myself. Sell me instead. And then every week i dont get in Birminghams team i will come along and support the Eagles.

What?, What?

firesign
30-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Kirovski is doing okay but Morrison hasn't exactly set the world alight. Will the Brum board sanction another risky signing from the same club? I think it's more likely they will look for some experienced players to take on loan.