PDA

View Full Version : Paul Smith

NewRoadBee
31-12-2002, 02:55 PM
http://www.football.nationwide.co.uk/football/NationwideLeague/TournamentNews.asp?T_ID=div1&ID=46774

:eek:

Dave
31-12-2002, 03:01 PM
link doesn't work for me

Steve C
31-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Nor me but its the thought that counts.:D

What?
31-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Trevor Francis is hoping to sign another keeper at Crystal Palace - cash permitting.

Loan signing Nik Michopoulos is due to return to Burnley this week, leaving inexperienced teenager Lance Cronin as regular number one Alex Kolinko's understudy.

Francis also let trialist Cedric Berthelin of Lens leave after one reserve match so he is now looking for cover, with Matt Clarke unlikely to return from a knee injury this season.

Said Francis: "Kolinko is playing well but we've lost Michopoulos, so we're on the lookout for a keeper.

"I would like to have another keeper but I don't know if it's possible."

What does this have to do with the fat bloater from work?

Ben H
31-12-2002, 05:43 PM
I got some Paul Smith for Christmas. Nice it is too.

BaldEagle96
31-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Is that John Smiths bro...

What?
01-01-2003, 02:16 AM
'Ave It!

NewRoadBee
01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Sorry guys, I put the wrong link up. The one mentioning Palace with Paul Smith I have mistakenly deleted. Lokks like you`ve signed someone now anyway!
For the record one tabloid rumour piece is below -

Spurs chase Bees pair
TOTTENHAM are on the trail of Brentford's promising duo Paul Smith and Kevin O'Connor.

The highly-rated pair have come under scrutiny from Spurs' director of football David Pleat in recent weeks.

Scottish giants Rangers have also dispatched a scout to run the rule over the Bees players.

Goalkeeper Smith has established himself as first choice at Griffin Park and his height makes him a commanding figure between the posts.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder O'Connor has also impressed after being a virtual ever-present this term, notching seven goals in the process.

Brentford will be keen to hang onto the duo as they press for a play-off place in Division Two but Spurs have demonstrated they are not averse to plucking young talent out of the lower levels.

In recent times, the Premiership outfit lured both Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington from Peterborough, Gary Doherty from Luton and Anthony Gardner from Port Vale.