PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bruce calls press conference tomorow (02/01/03)

The Omen
02-01-2003, 12:27 AM
I've heard that Birmingham are holding a press conference tomorow to announce a new signing.

I've heard that Chistophe Dugarry will sign, but after all the rumours, I am a bit worried.....

Did we see Mullins for the last time today? :confused: :(

What?
02-01-2003, 12:32 AM
It has got to be Dugarry, PLEASE! WE cant loose Mullins, and if we do then not to them scumbags.

Hedgehog
02-01-2003, 12:35 AM
If it is that French guy, then that is bad news for Clinton. Unless he is being bought in to partner Morrison, which seems unlikely as he has been on the bench recently.
Maybe Bruce is announcing he is leaving Brum for Manure! :D

The Omen
02-01-2003, 12:39 AM
I have seen Steve Bruce interviewed where he has said that Birmingham are too light weight up front - so fingers crossed.

Would Mullins get a press conference? Not exactly a major signing for a Premiership club.

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 12:50 AM
It cant be for Mullins. Mullins didnt play today so that means he cant pass a medical and no club in their posistion would take a risk. If the deal is done the deal is done what can we do about it

The Omen
02-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Mullins didnt play today

:eek:

That isnt good news IMO. :sob:

.....but I thought he did play?

Daniel_Nash
02-01-2003, 12:56 AM
Everyone is going on about how they are signing the French World Cup star.. erm, 4 yrs ago.. let it go!

He will join them for 6 months with the option of a further 2 yrs.

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 01:04 AM
All i ask of from Hayden is 4 more months or whatever till the end of the season. If we dont get promoted i dont expect him to stay. He cant stay for the club. He is good enough to play with the best and all we're doing is holding him back. If we do not get prooted than i'll drive him to his new club. Cash in and lets get a few players. SJ just dont sell him to BirMINGham. He should go to a better club than that anyway. I would rather him go to Clowntown. I got ****ed off because CLinton should have given us one more season. Come on Hayden it's only 4 months

The Omen
02-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Everyone is going on about how they are signing the French World Cup star.. erm, 4 yrs ago.. let it go!

He will join them for 6 months with the option of a further 2 yrs.

I reckon Dugarry will sign - I'm just worried it may be a double signing.

02-01-2003, 01:29 AM
All i ask of from Hayden is 4 more months or whatever till the end of the season. If we dont get promoted i dont expect him to stay. He cant stay for the club. He is good enough to play with the best and all we're doing is holding him back. If we do not get prooted than i'll drive him to his new club. Cash in and lets get a few players. SJ just dont sell him to BirMINGham. He should go to a better club than that anyway. I would rather him go to Clowntown. I got ****ed off because CLinton should have given us one more season. Come on Hayden it's only 4 months

Stavros, I simply can't believe you wrote this:
1. Hayden Mullins is Palace through and through
2. He DID play for us (yesterday) against Cov
3. He's played for us through thick and thin for the last 4 years
4. If he goes, what does it matter where he goes
5. Do you really think it would be a good idea to "cash in" on Hayden and buy "a few players" - presumably a minimum of 2 so therefore each worth no more than half what SJ could get for Hayden,so 2 players who are neither more than half as good as Hayden. er, why bother to do that exactly
6. Your mention of Shyteton Athletic is really the final straw. Under no circumstances whatsoever would I have thought a Palace fan could accept that such a sound Palace stalwart as Hayden should go anywhere near that pile of shyte gippo mingeful tip.
Hayden is our Captain. He is a brilliant player when he's on song, and not bad even when he's not. He's stood with us through thick and thin. Crippleton Athletic, I think not.
(No doubt I'll read all about it tomorrow in The Evening Fascist, sorry Standard.)

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by beestey
Stavros, I simply can't believe you wrote this:
1. Hayden Mullins is Palace through and through
2. He DID play for us (yesterday) against Cov
3. He's played for us through thick and thin for the last 4 years
4. If he goes, what does it matter where he goes
5. Do you really think it would be a good idea to "cash in" on Hayden and buy "a few players" - presumably a minimum of 2 so therefore each worth no more than half what SJ could get for Hayden,so 2 players who are neither more than half as good as Hayden. er, why bother to do that exactly
6. Your mention of Shyteton Athletic is really the final straw. Under no circumstances whatsoever would I have thought a Palace fan could accept that such a sound Palace stalwart as Hayden should go anywhere near that pile of shyte gippo mingeful tip.
Hayden is our Captain. He is a brilliant player when he's on song, and not bad even when he's not. He's stood with us through thick and thin. Crippleton Athletic, I think not.
(No doubt I'll read all about it tomorrow in The Evening Fascist, sorry Standard.)

Beesty you seem to get the wrong end of whay i am saying but all fair points.
1. I'm not doubting this what so ever he plays out of his skin for us and loves the club i'm sure
2. I made a mistake i'm sure i heard he wasnt so hands up dont shoot me i made a mistake
3. He has played through think and thin for us over 4 years, but these are 4 long years where he has gained nothing but experiance. The club hasnt moved forward excpet getting out of admin. So neither then has Hayden. 5 years of slogging his guts out and for what?? but what i'm trying to say is that i dont blame him if he goes. If we DONT get promoted then why the hell should he stay with us. I dont want him to go at all i'm not stupid but the fact is he WILL go if we dont go up and good luck to him.
4. If he goes i want him to go somewhere deserved. He has worked hard at Palace and there is no point him moving to a club of the same size. The other reson is my hate for Birmingham, seeing where we could be if Bruce had stayed with the squad. It's upsetting thats all.
5. the whole ''cash in '' comment was trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Of course if the club wants to move forward we must hold on to our best players and not replace them with crap. IF Hayden goes all i'm saying is we will have some fresh blood.
5. The whole Clowntown thing is i would rather him go there than Birmingham, this again is a personal choice. And i'm sure u'll say Clowntown is no bigger than us,but face facts.

Hope this answers all your doubts about me Beesty. If not send a SAO to Stavros @ The White house :D

02-01-2003, 02:47 AM
Stav, I have never had doubts about you, dear chap. I have read a few more threads on the BBS since my last posting on this one and it seems everyone is resigned to the fact Hayden is going and Steve Bruce is the likely buyer. Oh well, it will be a big loss but we'll have no choice but to get over it, if that is what happens.
Birmingham City FC - not a club I have ever had the remotest interest in. I understand that you don't like 'em, but hey, they're Birmingham. Birmingham is a place that was invented to be disliked.
Down at Selhurst yesterday the other imminent departures everyone was talking about were Routledge and to a lesser degree Kolinko.
I think, though I don't want it to happen, that we will have to say goodbye to Kolinko imminently. Probably Mullins too, by all accounts. I daresay the Doogster may never play another game in the red and blue (despite the 3-year contract).
As we are finally coming together as a cohesive team at the moment, despite our injury list, it seems a crying shame that any of these should go. But as sure as the sun will rise in the east, there will be some personnel adjustments in the coming weeks and we'll just have to get on with it. One day we'll maybe be the big buying club. One day. Maybe.:confused:

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by beestey
Stav, I have never had doubts about you, dear chap. I have read a few more threads on the BBS since my last posting on this one and it seems everyone is resigned to the fact Hayden is going and Steve Bruce is the likely buyer. Oh well, it will be a big loss but we'll have no choice but to get over it, if that is what happens.
Birmingham City FC - not a club I have ever had the remotest interest in. I understand that you don't like 'em, but hey, they're Birmingham. Birmingham is a place that was invented to be disliked.
Down at Selhurst yesterday the other imminent departures everyone was talking about were Routledge and to a lesser degree Kolinko.
I think, though I don't want it to happen, that we will have to say goodbye to Kolinko imminently. Probably Mullins too, by all accounts. I daresay the Doogster may never play another game in the red and blue (despite the 3-year contract).
As we are finally coming together as a cohesive team at the moment, despite our injury list, it seems a crying shame that any of these should go. But as sure as the sun will rise in the east, there will be some personnel adjustments in the coming weeks and we'll just have to get on with it. One day we'll maybe be the big buying club. One day. Maybe.:confused:

Yeah it's a shame that everytime we play well or anything good happens some b@stards come try and take away are best players. I cant see Routledge going. Well i bloody hope not. Alex looks on his way out and i will be sad to see him go as well. Let's hope the Birmingham board of directors get amnesia for the next 10 years. Chin up WE ARE SUPER PALACE :)

02-01-2003, 03:04 AM
We most definitely are the Super Palace and that goes a long way to explaining why we consistently produce great footballers. Then as soon as they start 'peaking' they get nabbed by some Premiership club and it just doesn't seem fair. Or so it can seem. BUT (and there's always a BUT), if I start feeling blue about this habit I go to the latest 'Ones that got away' thread and read the list of names of players who played cr@p for us and then went on and shined, and usually scored against us as well. Then, my face covered in tears, I look for the latest 'Thank God we got rid of them' thread and a smile returns. And then there was Tomas Brolin, Padovano, Israelov (or something like that) and Paddy Mulligan (actually Paddy wasn't that awful).;)

muffdaddy
02-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Dugarry is a has-been. He's hardly prolific. He's coming for his last big payday. He only got in the French World Cup squad because he's big mates with Zidane. Birmingham deserve him. Hope he bleeds them dry financially. I can't see him scoring goals in the Prem.

Cleon
02-01-2003, 11:05 AM
I think this press conference will be to unveil Dugarry, rather than Hayden. If a deal was done, Mullins would not have played yesterday (he definitely did). If negotiations were at such an advanced stage that Mullins felt he was likely to move to Birmingham before our next home game (18 January), I suspect he would have milked the applause at the end a bit more, rather than simply walking off as he normally does.

I've made my views on Hayden very clear - it would be suicidal to lose him. You only need to look at what happens to our midfield when he plays in defense - we don't look half as strong. I suspect that unless Birmingham offer silly money, which I don't think they will do, that Hayden is staying. I'm still confident that his contract doesn't expire until summer 2004 despite press speculation. Bruce's other major signing from Palace hasn't exactly been an uncritical success so far, which may make the Brum board think twice. And Francis will have strengthened his hand in squad discussions with Jordan because the team is in good form, and in with a shout of the play-offs.

Hayden goes - we stay down. Hayden stays - we might go up.

The Omen
02-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Birmingham have called a press conference for 3pm where they are expected to announce the arrival of French World Cup-winner Christophe Dugarry.

Blues have made no secret of their desire to bring the Bordeaux striker to St Andrews, and the 30-year-old arrived at Birmingham airport on New Year's Day.

Steve Bruce has remained tight-lipped, claiming a deal for Dugarry is still not finalised, but the former Milan star is likely to sign on loan until the end of the season, though Bordeaux are thought to favour a permanent sale.

"I don't want to count my chickens, said Bruce. "so all I will say is he's a player we've been chasing and we hope we're close to agreeing something.

"But it's not signed and sealed as people expected and there's still a little bit of work to be done."

Dugarry is not the only player Bruce has targeted and the manager added: "We hope to make a couple of major signings over the next week to ten days."

Gooders
02-01-2003, 11:24 AM
One of Brums "other major signings" is reported to be Upson from Arsenal - which hopefully means that Mullins is staying here. :)

p.s. Dugarry is a donkey whose best years are long behind him - very poor, panic-induced signing. :)

AE@WORK
02-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
p.s. Dugarry is a donkey whose best years are long behind him - very poor, panic-induced signing. :)

My thoughts exactly

BaldEagle96
02-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by The Omen

Dugarry is not the only player Bruce has targeted and the manager added: "We hope to make a couple of major signings over the next week to ten days."

But in all the papers I have read recently I have yet to read that Brum are after Mullins. Several other names have been mentioned but nothing about Hayden...

If he hasn't gone by Friday it will be interesting to see if he plays on Saturday and therefore becomes cup tied. I would have thought if any of our players are about to leave us for the big boys (and to be honest there are not many who would make it up there) then they will not be played on Saturday.

So let's see the line up then..

02-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by muffdaddy
Dugarry is a has-been. He's hardly prolific. He's coming for his last big payday. He only got in the French World Cup squad because he's big mates with Zidane. Birmingham deserve him. Hope he bleeds them dry financially. I can't see him scoring goals in the Prem.

I agree totally - but doesn't do much to help Clinton does it!

Del Gland
02-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bumgas
I agree totally - but doesn't do much to help Clinton does it!

Just goes to show there's no club bigger than Palace!:p

He was obviously bought to prevent us from reaching the Premiership where we could take 6 points off the Scum from Brum

pedro
02-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Maybe the press conference is to present Steve Bruce with a long service award! :p

Duke
02-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Dugarry is not the only player Bruce has targeted and the manager added: "We hope to make a couple of major signings over the next week to ten days." [/B]

Michael Duberry is other one Bruce is after.

so maybe it is just dugerry, duberry and upson.

Mullins stays :)

GUCCI Eagle
02-01-2003, 01:41 PM
How can Dugarry be a has been when it's patently obvious that he never was.

Axie
02-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Well I hope he helps keep Birmingham up. Aren't we due another 500K if Brum don't get relegated ?

The Omen
02-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Sky Sports News are ready to go live to Birmingham........

5 seats have been set up for the press conference!

Benzhiyi
02-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Update us Omen...

The Omen
02-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Update us Omen...

Everyone seems to only be expecting Dugarry - I reckon were safe. I watching just to make sure though! :)

Everton have signed USA striker Brian McBride and Egypt defender Ibrahim Said on loan.

The Omen
02-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Here we go......

Birmingham have signed:

Christophe Dugarry and.................thats it! Phew! :p

The Omen
02-01-2003, 03:42 PM
The press are confident he will do well..... :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/2622515.stm

palace & proud
02-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Birmingham have finally signed christophe dugarry on loan until the end
of the season !!!!!!!

pedro
02-01-2003, 03:55 PM
I've heard a rumour that Bruce told Gold he wanted to sign Duberry but Gold misheard him and went and signed Dugarry instead! :eek: :p

c_block_lad
02-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Phew it's Chistophe Dugarry

BaldEagle96
02-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Maybe the press conference is to present Steve Bruce with a long service award! :p

:D :D :D :D

02-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Duke
.....so maybe it is just dugerry, duberry and upson.

Doesn't rhyme, surely instead of Upson it'll have to be someone with a name like raspberry, or blueberry,

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Egypt defender Ibrahim Said on loan.

Very good player, how much did he cost ???

The Omen
02-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Very good player, how much did he cost ???

You trying to be funny? :)

Gooders
02-01-2003, 08:24 PM
What did he say?

Stavros 69
02-01-2003, 08:25 PM
You trying to be funny? :)

If i was trying to be funny i would say: the Omen came out of the shower wearing nothing but a smile........

He is a good buy, How much ??

The Omen
02-01-2003, 08:26 PM
He is on LOAN!! :bash:

Read the bloody post! :D

Isle of Wight
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Yes but how much is he on loan for ? ;)

freekickuk
02-01-2003, 11:40 PM
20,000 to 30,000 a week for this old ponce

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38641000/jpg/_38641885_dugarry300.jpg

GUCCI Eagle
02-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Ugly and plop. Poor lad.

Nelson Muntz
03-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Doesn't rhyme, surely instead of Upson it'll have to be someone with a name like raspberry, or blueberry,

Dugerry, Duberry and Burberry........!

Duke
03-01-2003, 01:17 PM

Dugerry, Duberry and Doooougie..........:moo: ?

Stavros 69
03-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Duke
Dugerry, Duberry and Doooougie..........:moo: ?

Dont even joke about things like that :(

Latvian
03-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by pedro

lol :p

Riccardo
03-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Heard a vicious rumour Bowyer is going to Brum to Brum, the ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, ****

Gooders
04-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Riccardo
Heard a rumour vicious Bowyer is going to Brum

:o

Phil O'Sophical
04-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Heard a vicious rumour Bowyer is going to Brum to Brum, the ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, **** ****, ****

Yeah, and he turned them down even though they offered him 30k a week, a six figure bonus if they stayed up and a chauffeur driven car to take him to and from training if he decided to move back to London. Birmingham (club and city) must be a right sh!tehole if he wasn't tempted by that.

Si121
07-01-2003, 10:54 AM

He's now at West Ham.

Walrus
07-01-2003, 07:52 PM
So much for Bruce being a shrewd spotter of talented players......(well some people thought he was)

Jamie Clapham, Christophe Dugarry and Steven Clemence.

Clapham is at best a good quality Div 1 player, a bit better than our own DG but no great shakes.

Dugarry ? HOHOHOHOHO ! How much a week ? In a hoofball team ????

Clem may be the best one of the lot in fairness but even then I wouldn't rate him above Mullins, or even Shaun Derry when he's playing well.

Shame that there are some teams below Brum that can't get their act together. If Savage gets crocked they're in deep turd.