PDA

View Full Version : Unsellable Assets?

Glazed&Confuzed
08-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Here's a good one for you, I did some thinking yesterday about all this transfer window crap and it occurred to me that I don't think we really do need to live in fear of players moving on at the moment. Why? Because our squad isn't really worth anything is it?:eek:

What we have is a developing and improving squad with great potential. We could get in the play off this year but at the moment I can't see why anyone would pay a million pounds for a single one of our players. :p

It's really not that they are crap but to earn value takes time. When we sold Morrison he has over three seasons of high scoring at this level. Not just blips like Andy Johnson earlier this season and what we are currently seeing from Tommy Black. So who would pay decent money?:confused:

I know SJ wants to get some money back but he will also realise that there is no point in selling those players at the moment as they will be clearly be worth a lot more in a season or two. ;)

Plus, the 1st division has no money to buy and despite rumours of the Judas coming to raid us you can see that the type of transfer targets Birmingham currently have are experienced top level players and not gambles from the Nationwide League.:)

You know, I think things REALLY are looking up?:love:

Maz
08-01-2003, 02:47 PM
What :) a :sob: lot:cool: of:afro: emoticons:vader: you:moo: used:lux: in:clown: that:bash: message:( !

Glazed&Confuzed
08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
But it's emotional stuff??:p :cool: :eek:

BaldEagle96
08-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I am in agreement and do not think anyone is going to be going to a Premiership club at the moment.

All the talk of Mullins going to Brum seems to have died down and reading all the papers it would appear that Brum are after other players at the moment.

After all they have ended up spending a lot of money on Clinton - who to be honest has not done a lot for them. If they are going to spend another few million then they have to buy players with proven ability in the top flights and none of our players have that IMHO.

So, hopefully we will keep all our players until the end of the season and then SJ/TF can have a sort out depending on which league we are in next season..

Kirby
08-01-2003, 03:57 PM
:bash: :lux: :hi:

Beanie
08-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Most of Palace's players are certainly saleable - it's just that their value to the club as players currently outweighs their value in cash. It's when that changes - for any club - that the sales start.

Glazed&Confuzed
08-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Most of Palace's players are certainly saleable - it's just that their value to the club as players currently outweighs their value in cash. It's when that changes - for any club - that the sales start.

Good point, but i don't think we're that desperate that we will offload a player like Haydon Mullins for say 200 K for example. What would be the point in that right now? If that does happen though - run for cover.

Oh and I forgot to add to that :eek: :bash: :grrr: