PDA

View Full Version : Fulham Want Black ?

freekickuk
13-01-2003, 03:19 PM
bad news fokes fulham are sniffing around tommy black.

leave black alone (http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/030113/21/dids5.html)

Raf
13-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Paper-talk methinks. Not a single quote or shred of evidence in the article to back it up.
Some other paper-talk I heard at the weekend was that Tigana won't be given any money to spend during January anyway, because he's soon to be on his way out.

bnmth eagle
13-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Not to mention Tigana doesnt play english players

mikestock
13-01-2003, 04:36 PM
bbc website says fulham are looking at two or three players but have little money to spend and would prefer loan deal form outsire the premiership. also links them with rebrov for 3m

no way we are going to loan tommy out. If they offer reasonable money he will go. But think this is unlikely they need a proven goal scorer not a gamble on someone who has played well for 5 weeks in div 1

Ben H
13-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Teamtalk also has it...so it's probably rubbish...

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/Team_News/0,1562,16,00.html#575143

Black swoop eyed

Fulham could be ready to swoop for Palace winger Tommy Black, as Cottagers boss Jean Tigana looks to strengthen his squad.
http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/9403.jpgBlack has been in outstanding form for the Eagles recently but his contract at Selhurst Park runs out this summer - and so far there have been no discussions about a new deal.
That has alerted Tigana, who is desperate to bring in a forward before the end of the month, although the Fulham chief has limited transfer funds available to attract new players to the club's temporary Loftus Road home.
Black joined Palace from Arsenal for 500,000 in July 2000 and has been a regular in an Eagles side which is pushing for promotion this season.
The 26 year-old has scored nine goals in his last nine games, with Trevor Francis' men losing just once in that time.

Picture: Black: In superb form of late

Ben H
13-01-2003, 10:32 PM
I wonder if someone could actually confirm Black's true age. Most of the reports lately have him at 26, the CPFC website says his DOB is 6.10.79 making him 23. :confused:

Palace
13-01-2003, 10:41 PM
He is 23

forsells no1 fan
13-01-2003, 10:47 PM
whos going to pay a transfer fee in todays market when the players contracts up in a matter of months.may well go there in the summer depending on certain promotion/relegation issues!

Mat ov CPFC
13-01-2003, 10:49 PM
According to Fulham fans I know the club has no transfer budget at all and only loan deals will be considered. Also, on the clubs websites, posters believed to be club officials are claiming that Fayed has no cash to spare at the moment, hence the announcement that the proposed redevelopement of the Cottage is being 're-evaluated'/

Dave
13-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by forsells no1 fan
whos going to pay a transfer fee in todays market when the players contracts up in a matter of months.may well go there in the summer depending on certain promotion/relegation issues!

Um tribunal then . . . a real PITA

Ben H
13-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Um tribunal then . . . a real PITA

Freebie if contract's up?:confused:

Dave
13-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Freebie if contract's up?:confused:

nope he 23 so Palace can go to a tribunal afaik

ozeagle
13-01-2003, 11:12 PM
yes, due to age, Palace would get something if he goes on a free...
by the way, for the umpteenth time, no one in, no one out,
Gray IF any...

pete eagle
13-01-2003, 11:15 PM
nope he 23 so Palace can go to a tribunal afaik

unless he leaves the club and then is later picked up on a free. I think that's one way around it

Dave
14-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle
unless he leaves the club and then is later picked up on a free. I think that's one way around it

not whilst he's 23

Pistike
14-01-2003, 08:55 AM
Is that why he's being touted as 26?

Has anyone seen his teeth?

Igor Iconic
14-01-2003, 09:07 AM
According to BBC Teletext service last night Fulham have confirmed that they are in for Rebrov, doesn't sound like a club with no money to me. If they get him I doubt they will be going for Black. Besides, as someone pointed out, Tigana doesn't play English players.

And another thing, IF there is any truth in this rumour then I want Lee Clarke and John Collins coming to Selhurst.

Dave
14-01-2003, 09:14 AM
And another thing, IF there is any truth in this rumour then I want Lee Clarke and John Collins coming to Selhurst.

John Collins hasn't been the same since he left Dynasty

14-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Igor Iconic
IF there is any truth in this rumour then I want Lee Clarke and John Collins coming to Selhurst.

I agree and similarly IF Mullins goes to Brum I want Bryan Hughes.

Realistically though why would we be prepared to offer a contract to Lee Clarke that we're not prepared, it seems, to offer Tommy?

RichieG
14-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Dave, what does "PITA" mean?

Igor Iconic
14-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Bumgas

Realistically though why would we be prepared to offer a contract to Lee Clarke that we're not prepared, it seems, to offer Tommy? [/B]

Good point, although it might depend on what Tommy and his agent are asking for, I doubt they are asking for Premiership wages (yet). ;)

Igor Iconic
14-01-2003, 09:49 AM
John Collins hasn't been the same since he left Dynasty

Dave, how long have you been waiting to say that.:)

PITA= Pain In The Arse (I guess)

Steve C
14-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Maybe we will see just how loyal Tommy is !! Money or Palace.

Gark Moldberg
14-01-2003, 10:56 AM
There are no sources in the article and only reads that Fulham might be interested in Black (not even "are interested...")and that he's not being offered a new contract just yet.

This would suggest to me that iit's his agent trying to either a) scare palace into giving him a new contract or b) let other clubs know that he's out of contract soon.

Take your pick. Either way I don't really see other clubs breaking down doors for him.

Jimbo ?
14-01-2003, 12:06 PM
BUt all this rumour talk - suggests to me we should sign black up now!! If we leave it another couple of weeks - it wont be just fulham who are interested!!

Gark Moldberg
14-01-2003, 12:47 PM
You really reckon? He's been so inconsistent for the past year and a half that I don't see it happening.

The majority of signings made by Premier teams will be from other prem clubs and cheaper overseas players. Teams at the bottom want a quick fix which is why they will look for the players like Bowyer & who have proved their status rather than take a risk on someone in the first division. In the same way, noone on here has been suggesting that we take a look at second division players recently.

Clapham Grand
14-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Ity's just made up journalism - as usual

Benzhiyi
14-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle

That only happens in Champ Man - and is a massive flaw in the game.

In reality, were Tommy to walk out on a free we would still retain his registration, at least until he was 24, so that if another club came in they would have to pay us a certain amount decided by tribunal.

Were we to release his registration - which is separate to having someone contracted to you - then it would be a different story, but I can't imagine that happening with Jordan in charge.

For example, last summer Exeter released two promising players on frees - Geoff Breslan and James Mudge, but retained their registrations. Breslan is still training with their reserves and Mudge plays for a lowly Devon side, but if a big club were to come in and sign them they would have to pay Exeter a transfer fee.

Obviously there are lots of legal complications but that's the basic behind it all.

Rutty
16-01-2003, 04:41 PM
And i just see that Rebrov's just agreed a Fulham move....can't see Tommy going quite yet

sydnsteve
17-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Rutty
And i just see that Rebrov's just agreed a Fulham move....can't see Tommy going quite yet

Unfortunately no he hasn't, he is still thinking it over. I.m praying this goes through so another rumour can be put to rest.

Clapham Grand
19-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Tommy said in the Adder that a couple of foreign clubs had been making enquiries about him

PalaceFan in Alabama
19-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Tommy said in the Adder that a couple of foreign clubs had been making enquiries about him

Chelsea and the Arse :D

BaldEagle96
19-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand

Talking himself up big me thinks....