PDA

View Full Version : Cameroon midfielder on trail at Palace

Clapham Grand
15-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Couldn't find a thread on this anywhere, but according to Croydon Guardian/Ray B. a Cameeron midfielder Rene Bikai is on a week's trial at the club.

He's 24, played for Fiorentina and Empoli and comes recommended by Mick Mills.

Anyone know anything else about him?

Dartford Lad
15-01-2003, 09:48 AM
I remember seeing him at Empoli once and he reminded me of Salif Diao at Liverpool.

Daddy Long
15-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Can't find anything about him on Google

Benzhiyi
15-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Never heard of him!

Fingers crossed though - could do with a creative midfielder...

BVB Bob
15-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I remember seeing him at Empoli once and he reminded me of Salif Diao at Liverpool.

You saw him at Empoli? So he does exist then. I've followed Firenze for a fair few years now & I don't recall him at all. There was a Stephane Bikey, who was Cameroonian, but he moved onto Barca without ever playing for La Viola.

Just had a quick look at Cameroon's official website & he doesn't appear to have ever played internationally, although there was a Stephane Bikai (form Barca!) in the African Nations Cup Squad last year.

Make of it what you will!

pete eagle
15-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Never seen him playing in a Fiorentina shirt. I remember a Bikai playing for Empoli a couple of years back. Might be the same one......

bald-eagle
15-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BVB Bob
......Just had a quick look at Cameroon's official website & he doesn't appear to have ever played internationally, although there was a Stephane Bikai (form Barca!) in the African Nations Cup Squad last year.

Make of it what you will!

That could be a good thing 'cos he wont dissapear to play in meaningless tournaments etc etc. On the other hand he could be a complete donkey:sob:

Samo*
15-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Will he keep his sleeves on his shirt?

Riccardo
15-01-2003, 11:25 AM
I reckon we should get Roger Milla.

'The oldest swinger in town !'

Riccardo
15-01-2003, 11:30 AM
I can't find anything on Google either....I reckon he's George Weah's cousin or something.

Remember that scam at Southampton ? When Souness signed 'Ali Dai' who was apprantley reccomended to GS by George Weah ?

He played 15 minutes for Southampton as a sub...then was subsititued.

He then had his contract ripped up.

GOD
15-01-2003, 11:42 AM
I heard that Granville claimed to be the cousin of Bobby Moore, that would explain a lot!

Dobbo
15-01-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Cameeron midfielder Rene Bikai is on a week's trial at the club.

He's 24, played for Fiorentina and Empoli and comes recommended by Mick Mills.

Anyone know anything else about him?
Sounded interesting until you mentioned Mick Mills :(

Boycey
15-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Who is Mick Mills?
Is he related to Bob Mills, Lee Mills or Mills out of Mills and Boon?

Palace
15-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Riccardo
I can't find anything on Google either....I reckon he's George Weah's cousin or something.

Remember that scam at Southampton ? When Souness signed 'Ali Dai' who was apprantley reccomended to GS by George Weah ?

He played 15 minutes for Southampton as a sub...then was subsititued.

He then had his contract ripped up.

I've never quite understood this story. Surely Souness would have had a close look at the player and seen his footballing ability first hand before just signing him up to a contract?

freekickuk
15-01-2003, 04:29 PM
mullins replacement i think

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE
15-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by freekickuk
mullins replacement i think :sob:

fieldy
15-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by freekickuk
mullins replacement i think Aye I think you're right!:( :sob: :veryangry :bash:

Latvian
15-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Anyone know if this guy is creative or not?

elliott
15-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Latvian
Anyone know if this guy is creative or not?
anyone actually know anything about him at all!!

Who are ya
Who are ya
Who are ya

Latvian
15-01-2003, 07:13 PM
He doesnt exist does he? Its a lie!

Wingy_CPFC
15-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Maybe Rene is a nickname and Stephane is his real name. Guess we'll find out soon enough...

Ben H
15-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Boycey
Who is Mick Mills?
Is he related to Bob Mills, Lee Mills or Mills out of Mills and Boon?

The former England captain.:)

Benzhiyi
16-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Palace
I've never quite understood this story. Surely Souness would have had a close look at the player and seen his footballing ability first hand before just signing him up to a contract?

He was on a week's trial contract, signed on the Friday just before noon to make the deadline. Souness didn't see him play until he brought him on! Something along those lines anyway. :D

Fantastic story indeed!

Clapham Grand
16-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Its is a bit worrying that you can find nothing on him on the Net!!

Parkice
16-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Its is a bit worrying that you can find nothing on him on the Net!!

"Rene Bikai, a burly dread-locked midfielder"

Justy C
16-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Trevor Francis said "Mick Mills wanted me to have a look at this lad to assess the level of his game. He has got a pedigree having been in Italy with Empoli and Fiorentina so I will have a look at him this week and let Mick know what we think."

What does Mick Mills do these days, who does he work for? The quote above suggests to me that Trev is doing his mate a favour and will let him know what he thinks of him rather than we're going to sign him.

I could be wrong but thats how I interpret the quote.

Ruskin Old Boy
16-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Latvian
He doesnt exist does he? Its a lie!

He was the Andy Tipping of Empoli;)

Shoreditch CPFC
16-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Justy C
Trevor Francis said "Mick Mills wanted me to have a look at this lad to assess the level of his game. He has got a pedigree having been in Italy with Empoli and Fiorentina so I will have a look at him this week and let Mick know what we think."

What does Mick Mills do these days, who does he work for? The quote above suggests to me that Trev is doing his mate a favour and will let him know what he thinks of him rather than we're going to sign him.

I could be wrong but thats how I interpret the quote.

I think he may be working as an independent scout i.e. we will have to pay him a few quid if he is any good.

Psychokiller
16-01-2003, 02:14 PM
I just checked the Empoli squads for the past 8 years on SoccerAge and there's no mention of this bloke. Wind up.

Parkice
16-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Psychokiller
I just checked the Empoli squads for the past 8 years on SoccerAge and there's no mention of this bloke. Wind up.

An Italian bloke I work with is a massive Fiorentina fan, and he has never heard of him.... he has posted a message on their BBS....

Celestial Empire
19-01-2003, 09:50 PM
He had trials at Fiorentina & Empoli ??
:confused:

What?
20-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Who Are Ya!

Clapham Grand
22-01-2003, 01:49 PM
He has been released by Palace

Dartford Lad
22-01-2003, 01:59 PM
He has been released by Palace

And it all sounded so promising.... :rolleyes: ;)

Al From Bromley
23-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Just walk away Rene. You won't see me follow you back home...wherever it is you came from.

Latvian
23-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Same old palace...

spennieagle
23-01-2003, 06:44 PM
On teletext today,daily star reckon TF has given up on him!
any truth?

Beanie
24-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by spennieagle
On teletext today,daily star reckon TF has given up on him!
any truth?

According to TF, admitted only in press reports, he was never looking seriously, just doing a favour for Mick Mills by giving him somewhere to train and the once over to assess his level of performance. Mills is apparently doing some free-lance scouting at the moment.