PDA

View Full Version : Ben Thatcher for 700k & Nigel Martyn for 1.5M????

richdeniro
16-01-2003, 05:44 PM
Rumour here that we are going to sign Ben Thatcher for 700k.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/2345711.stm

Doubt its true, it also says that Nigel Martyn was seen in Simon Jordans car near Selhurst Park.

pete eagle
16-01-2003, 05:54 PM
And what will we pay them with?

Monopoly money?:)

ozeagle
16-01-2003, 05:58 PM
stop it.
:grrr:

pete eagle
16-01-2003, 05:59 PM
And just to show how trustworthy this forum is. I've shown it before..

Liverpool to sign Ronald Macdonald to play in the back four with the rest of their clowns and Carsten Jancker to play up front where his deft touch and silky skills will surely be an asset.
Grant Tookey, England

Liverpool are setting up a player swap deal for Sheffield United's brilliant midfielder and sending Michael Owen the other way.
John Spencer, UK

heard that Paul Gascoigne's agent has lined up a tour for the 35-year-old to visit every single country in the world to see if some professional or semi-pro club wants him. He is rumoured to be next visiting Laos, Madagascar, and a small island off the coast of Zimbabwe.
Trent, USA

I'm a Leeds fan and have it on good authority that we are going to making moves shortly for Francis Benali (former Israeli international), Peter Shilton (Former England International) and Tony Dorigo (Former footballer).

We will generate the funds for these moves by selling Harry Kewell (Liverpool 1.2m) Paul Robinson (Arsenal 500k) and Alan Smith (Three balls and a bag of bibs).
Mike H, England

I hear from through the grapevine West Ham are going to do a swap deal with Real Madrid; the whole of West Ham's defence for a size four football and a used set of goalie gloves.
Lee Currier, Canada

Arsenal have approached me to play for them...I am the next Pele and should be closing in personal terms with them...talk to you guys when I get there.
Utsav, USA

Heard a rumour that West Ham still think they can stay up this season
Mike, UK

Sunderland are trying to sign player coach Carlton Palmer from Stockport as Wilkinson needs experience
Davey, England

Beanie
16-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Remember this site is intended for wild rumours - even on the BBC. It also includes Clinton Morrisons move to Blackburn.!!!

winston the dog
16-01-2003, 06:59 PM
only a rumour, but still would be nice eh

GUCCI Eagle
16-01-2003, 07:03 PM
I wish people would stop whining about rumours. It is called a rumour, because it might not be true, so shut it.

selhurst
16-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by richdeniro
also says that Nigel Martyn was seen in Simon Jordans car near Selhurst Park.

I heard this too. Apparently the police later retrieved the vehicle, there wasn't much damage, but the stereo was missing.

ozeagle
16-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Rumour here that we are going to sign Ben Thatcher for 700k.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/2345711.stm

Doubt its true, it also says that Nigel Martyn was seen in Simon Jordans car near Selhurst Park.

did it mention he was on all fours as well ?

:rolleyes:

CPFC_R_GREAT
16-01-2003, 07:11 PM

Well thats just just taking man managment too far!

Rutty
16-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Well if it is true.....and I doubt it is....i'd prefer to give Mullins, Gray, Black etc new contracts instead of buying new players

winston the dog
16-01-2003, 07:36 PM
be good if we could just enjoy the rumours without people bashing them all the time. i love transfer talk, and this one seems almost believable!

pete eagle
16-01-2003, 07:41 PM
I wasn't bashing them,

I was just giving other rumours from the BBC transfer forum

Personally Thatcher isn't such a ridiculous rumour if we were thinking of selling Mullins and needed someone to play at the back while Powell was out and then give cover at left wing back as well

aadams
16-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I think they should have said Magaret Thatcher & Nigel Martyn was cleaning Jordans car

The Eagleman
16-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Nigel Martyn come back to where your heart is. To have Nigel back would be just fantastic.

nookiebear
16-01-2003, 09:23 PM
700,000 is way to much for Thatcher

alanwhittle
16-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Here is a rumour if my Auntie had bollox she'd be my Uncle

palace ray
16-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
And just to show how trustworthy this forum is. I've shown it before..

Liverpool to sign Ronald Macdonald to play in the back four with the rest of their clowns and Carsten Jancker to play up front where his deft touch and silky skills will surely be an asset.
Grant Tookey, England

Be honest though you can see this happening:D

Robin
16-01-2003, 09:28 PM
I think it is fair to say that this is unlikely.

917L
17-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by selhurst
I heard this too. Apparently the police later retrieved the vehicle, there wasn't much damage, but the stereo was missing.

ROFL:D

Beanie
17-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by winston the dog
only a rumour, but still would be nice eh

Might be in minority but why would it be nice? I assume you're refering to Nigel Martyn, but he isn't the player who left. I wouldn't drop a fit Kolinko for him, and I have four words to consider - DAVID ... HOPKIN.... TARNISHED ...... MEMORY. Better to remember the Nigel Martyn we had, not one coming back at the end of his career to spoil those memories.

grovesy77
17-01-2003, 09:09 AM
I would think that the Thatcher is a creditable target.
We definetely need another CB.

Cleon
17-01-2003, 09:17 AM
No Nationwide club would pay money for either player in the current climate, and neither player is going to want to take the kind of pay cut that they would have to take to play in the Nationwide League.

Would also be the final nail in the coffin of Martyn's England aspirations.

Brett
19-01-2003, 04:09 AM
I almost p!ssed myself when I saw the Paul Konchesky rumours...

7M!!!

kolinkins
19-01-2003, 11:49 AM
1.5 mill for a 36 year old GK - i can hardly see that as a viable option

Jimbo ?
19-01-2003, 12:07 PM
maybe on loan?????? the money talked about is not likely in the cash crisis in english football - but on loan for a month maybe

Beanie
20-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
maybe on loan?????? the money talked about is not likely in the cash crisis in english football - but on loan for a month maybe

To what end? Which position do you feel we need a loan signing for? As far as I can see we are fine a goalkeeper and okay in centre defence. why waste a months wages?

Jimbo ?
20-01-2003, 04:30 PM
as cover for powell and IMO I believe we could still do with a central defender

Freddy Kurz
22-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Dream on folks!