PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sherwood?

jammo
20-01-2003, 04:15 PM
What about Tim Sherwood for a loan signing till the end of the season?? A little old but his experience would be fantastic in the middle of the park. As far as I know, the bastardo is still not flavour of the month at W.H.L.

Palace Don
20-01-2003, 04:17 PM
He's going to Portsmouth

The Omen
20-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Palace Don
He's going to Portsmouth

Sure is. :)

Beanie
20-01-2003, 04:21 PM
No better than we have IMHO. Waste of a very large salary, and, as with most loan signings stopping a real Palace player from getting experience / developing.

freekickuk
20-01-2003, 04:22 PM
instead of who

Jimbo ?
20-01-2003, 04:28 PM
is a bit too hopkinesk for me - and i agree he is no better than what we have - if we get anyone - a defender as cover as we are still weak at the back

Riccardo
22-01-2003, 11:48 AM
He's going to Pompey I've heard.

RednBlue
22-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Bring back Paul Stewart and Kenny Brown!! :D

zonin2000
22-01-2003, 12:23 PM
And Amir Karic

Daddy Long
22-01-2003, 12:42 PM
The general idea is great but Sherwood is the wrong man for the job. We definitely need somene experienced and useful to come in on loan to cover central midfield if we want to make a concerted push for promotion. Mullins and Derry are good for the job but Aki is really the only backup and he's not performing this season. I still can't believe we didn't go for Sidwell but there are plenty of options out there: Hassan Kachloul, Niclas Alexandersson, David Batty, John Moncur off the top of my head in a couple of seconds. Kachloul inparticular would be useful...don't think he's getting much first team football at the moment. And whatever happened to Mustapha Hadji? You may or may not agree with the players listed, but the idea is certainly worth thinking about

Sandowneagle
22-01-2003, 12:48 PM
I know Tim (old friends) and Palace had their chance to sign him when he was at Norwich. He was being pushed out due to his 'life style', and trained at Palace for a week. The asking fee was 250k, but Noades refused to sanction it and only offered 125k. Tim went to Blackburn as Dalglish's first signing and the rest his history. He was lifting the Premiership within 3 years!

Tim wasn't overjoyed with Palace at the time as he was really keen to be in the South and felt let down with Noades.

ps - don't be surprised if he sees out his Tottenham contract. He lives by Tower Bridge and isn't to keen on moving. I know that doesn't rule Portsmouth out but....

Dartford Lad
22-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Hadji has been in and out of Villa's first team recently so would probably only want a permanent move.

Daniel_Nash
22-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Sherwood is a drain of money you probably don't have, 20k a week at Spurs. Would you really want to pay something close to that for a player who has had a few injuries this season and hasn't played for months?

Walrus
23-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Wonder if ol' Milan is getting a bit hot under the collar at Pompey ? All those wages every month regardless of how well they play.......and couldn't even beat the Seaweed, the worst Div 1 side in recent memory.

Sherwood = Panic Buy. Who's he going to drop to fit him in ? Nigel Quashie FFS ???

RDSdaEAGLE
23-01-2003, 02:19 AM
If you have the chance to Sandowneagle, tell him not to go to Portsmouth...it's a sh!thole, the grounds crap, and their supporters are a bunch of whinging seasiders...trust me, I'm at uni here!

cpfc_connection
27-01-2003, 07:56 PM
RednBlue : "Bring back Paul Stewart and Kenny Brown!! "

slightly off topic here but i thought those two players did pretty well for us when they were here, especially kenny brown, is he still rotting at west ham or did he retire?

Dartford Lad
28-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_connection
RednBlue : "Bring back Paul Stewart and Kenny Brown!! "

slightly off topic here but i thought those two players did pretty well for us when they were here, especially kenny brown, is he still rotting at west ham or did he retire?

He eventually signed for Millwall and was later appointed manager of Barry Town in the League of Wales. That was not all that long ago but I know he isn't the manager anymore!