PDA

View Full Version : So is Kolinko out of contract or not?

Benzhiyi
21-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Sorry to start a new thread when there already is one on out-of-contract players, but I'm hoping we can get a definitive answer.

There have been many many occasions, across numerous threads, on here in the last couple of months where people have said "Kolinko will be off when his contract expires at the end of the season" - but does anyone know if he is even out of contract? The "Out-of-contract players" thread only clouds the issue.

As far as I was aware, only Gray, Black, Thomson, and Adebola are out of contract come end of the season. Not Mullins, or Kolinko. Can anyone confirm this? Al Russell? Anyone?

Just wondered. :)

arussell
21-01-2003, 05:02 PM
I can't remember what the deal was that he signed - I'd have to go back and check. However he is in his third season with us, and three year contracts are often the norm.

kit82
21-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Croyden Advertiser reported few wks back that Kolinko was out of contract and was determined to leave. :sob:

Freddy Kurz
21-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Kolinko was signed on a 3 year deal in mid-September, 2000 to replace Taylor who was then on loan from Arsenal. He is, therefore, presumably, contracted until September of next season, unless Palace decide, and he agrees, to be sold on in the meantime, or signs an extension, which seems less likely. If he does move on, we must hope Palace will be able to obtain a substantial fee for him. He must be in the million pound class, even in today's deflated transfer market.

Jimbo ?
21-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
He must be in the million pound class, even in today's deflated transfer market.

:D :D :D

Beanie
22-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Whilst Freddy's logic can't be faulted, it is rare to have a contract which ends mid-season. I would guess that Kolinko would have signed a deal for either almost three seasons, ending this year or for almost four seasons, in which case he has another year.

Also, if he is out of contract this year we now have 9 days to get a fee - and nobody will buy an injured player. He's over 24 so no compensation if he goes on a Bosman. My best hope is that the Adder say he is sure to go - their accuracy rate gives me great hope he isn't!

Freddy Kurz
22-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
:D :D :D

My real fear is that Kolinko will end up at Spartak Moscow with his former Skonta Riga and Palace buddy Rubins on a free!