PDA

View Full Version : Martijn Reuser anyone?

Batsta
23-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Midfielder Martijn Reuser has been handed a free transfer by Ipswich according to the BBC website.

Is he worth a look? Does he play in the middle of the park?

GOD
23-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Who? Never heard of him!

917L
23-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Played well in their promotion season and the 1st premier campaign, cant see us buying anyone at the moment though.

Crunchie
23-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Was an excellent player a couple of years back. A change of club will probably do him good.

He must be on a free because of his wages, which i doubt we could afford.

An attacking midflelder that can play on the wing (but often cuts inside from there).

Better than Gray

ozeagle
23-01-2003, 05:21 PM
quality, with a fearsome strike on him
if his wage demands were o.k, then get him !
then again, no one in, no one out...(as confidently predicted)

Batsta
23-01-2003, 05:22 PM
I seem to remember a few screamers he scored.

The Omen
23-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Very good player. Brought up in the same Ajax team as Mr Kluivert and Mr Overmars.

Very good at free kicks and is the kind of attacking player that we are missing (or were until Black showed us what he can do).

I bet he wants high wages though.

pete eagle
23-01-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm sure he can be persuaded.

No-one else seems to want him

freekickuk
23-01-2003, 07:28 PM
good player all depends on his wages

Gooders
23-01-2003, 07:36 PM
If he's that good, why can't he get into the Ipswich team?

:confused:

What?
24-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Pretty good player, if we coukd snap him up on a cheap contract it would be a great move, worth a go SJ!

Ian of Chatham
24-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Yes I think we could re-use him at Palace, but like everybody else, the wages would be a problem. I reckon he will return back to Holland.

le piddler
24-01-2003, 01:40 AM
Can't see mthe wages he would get in Holland being any higher than over here even with the financial crisis in the Englais game. Go for him!! ;)

Gooders
24-01-2003, 07:51 AM
I repeat, he's hardly figured for Ipswich for 2 years and they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire.

So why would he be any better than what we've got already?

igl
24-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
I repeat, he's hardly figured for Ipswich for 2 years and they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire.

He has been injured for most of that time.... I have two mates who are both Ipswich fans and I can assure you they are not happy about losing him - especially for free.
Quality player - but as stated on here already - wages might be a problem.

Men At Work
24-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by igl
wages might be a problem.

Contract rates in my industry have gone down as the market has tightened. Football is no different.

Beanie
24-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Gooders

Good point - we remember the Reuser we saw on TV (even the Ipswich fans mentioned remember the player pre-injury). The one NOW cannot get into the Ipswich team. Joe Royle sees him everyday and is happy to let him go. IF we signed him, we'd be getting todays player, not the one of two years ago.

So what's the answer? If he is still the palyer of old, why is he available on a free?

Gooders
24-01-2003, 09:08 AM
I've certainly seen him look good on TV (a good while ago) but if Joe Royle thinks he isn't good enough for Ipswich, then I doubt he's good enough for us.

Palace have a long history of signing fading stars in the misguided belief that they will rediscover their form at Selhurst.

The number of successes we've had doing this over the past 30 years are definitely a fingers of one hand job!

Will S
24-01-2003, 09:34 AM
...and goodness knows the likes of Brolin, Curcic and co certainly did give us 'one hand job'...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Panther
24-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Brolin was less one hand than ten bellies.

Holmesdale
24-01-2003, 10:29 AM
My Dad is an Ipswich season ticket holder and he tells me that he's a completely different player from the one they signed 3 years ago. He's now overweight, injury-prone and on premiership wages.

They had some interest in him from a dutch club a few months ago and were so desperate to prove to them that he was fit that they rushed him back from injury and started him in a league game. After 20 minutes he was falling over, completely out of breath and limping badly (he has chronic knee problems) so took him off again.

In my opinion he would be a very risky signing and not worth the trouble. Save the money and give Tommy a contract!

Benzhiyi
24-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Fantastic player on Championship Manager, where Arsenal always buy him within about a week.

But, just as Tonton Moukouko, Carl Laurie, Regilio Vrede, Horcaio Carbonari, Geoff Breslan and more have proved, good CM players don't necessary make good real life footballers.

As Gooders say, if he can't get ino an Ipswich side full of youngsters like Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose, then he's clearly not good enough, particularly on the wages he'd want. I don't see a scramble to sign Finidi George, who has also been released, either.

Ta but no ta.

Now, who's up for buying Stefan Selaksson?

And by the law of CM, Paul Gascoigne and David Ginola would make great signings still... :clown:

Gilow
24-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Batsta
Midfielder Martijn Reuser has been handed a free transfer by Ipswich according to the BBC website.

Is he worth a look? Does he play in the middle of the park?

He would be a good signing, although not exactly the type of player that we need in the midfield. He is more of a luxury player, and we need a ball winner to control and middle of the park?

Geezer
24-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Holmesdale
My Dad is an Ipswich season ticket holder and he tells me that he's a completely different player from the one they signed 3 years ago. He's now overweight, injury-prone and on premiership wages.

Neil Ruddock anyone?

Daddy Long
24-01-2003, 10:59 AM
the blokes legs have given up on him. Its a shame because in his prime he was a very good player but now, no thanks.

Jimbo ?
25-01-2003, 09:49 PM
good player - but sounds like a pollock for me - a few too many injuries and may not be committed! Although - if we did get him - and he stayed fit then he would be a great signing!

c_block_lad
25-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Couldnt we offer him a non-contract basis for him here? if he does well sign him up sort of thing.

B.R.B & PROUD
26-01-2003, 11:08 AM
HE WAS A QUITE GOOD PLAYER A FEW YEARS AGO BUT IT IS NOT WORTH EVEN A A LOOK NO MORE, WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT SORT OF PLAYER ANYWAY!!!