PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Julius

Dartford Lad
27-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Bromley have signed Andrew Julius on a month's loan from local Nationwide Division One side Crystal Palace.

Manager Stuart McIntyre said: "Andrew Julius is eighteen and is a very quick defender, strong in the air, and will be a good asset.

Sir.S.C Remembered
27-01-2003, 05:20 PM
He looked very Martin Keown like in the Players episodes I saw (only 2) in terms of good defending mind and do anything so the ball does not go in but not technically supreme.

Captain of the youths must be decent, lets see how he does. think now Adomako is there too that I will pop down as its only round the corner

MicksSis
27-01-2003, 06:34 PM
On the occasions I have met Jules, I have found him to be a very amusing young man. Good luck to you Jules:p

kit82
27-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Very promising player from what I saw on TV, looks like a natural leader, should get some valuable experience.

Dartford Lad
28-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
He looked very Martin Keown like in the Players episodes I saw (only 2) in terms of good defending mind and do anything so the ball does not go in but not technically supreme.

Captain of the youths must be decent, lets see how he does. think now Adomako is there too that I will pop down as its only round the corner

They have a few ex-Palace down at Bromley - Michael Harney, Mark Harris and Adolf Amoako, as you said, so it could be worth going for a look.

Beanie
28-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Not wishing to have a down on a player I have only seen on TV, but is Andrew Julius a future first team player? Will Antwi - same age I believe - is a reserves regular with the odd bench appearence. Julius on the other hand is off to Bromley.

A move in his development or the first hint about where the door is? Anybody seen enough to have a thought?

Dartford Lad
28-01-2003, 02:24 PM
I think Antwi is about 20 and Julius is 18, so he has a bit of time to develop yet.

It wasn't me!
29-01-2003, 01:32 PM
I heard Andrew and Craig Dobson have not been offered contracts. Craig is currently in Romania.

budgie
29-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!
I heard Andrew and Craig Dobson have not been offered contracts. Craig is currently in Romania.

Is Craig over there doing he's juggling act?, I always got the impression if he cut that out, and concentrated more on the footballing side he might do better for himself.

Riccardo
31-01-2003, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see Andrew and Craig in the first team in a few years. If we don't get promoted soon, we'll have to rely on our youth team players.

Look at Forrest, they've got loads of youngsters in the team and will get them promoted either this season or next.

Beanie
31-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I think Antwi is about 20 and Julius is 18, so he has a bit of time to develop yet.

Thought they were both in the same Academy team last year, the one on the tele. If so they would be the same age. Could be wrong.

Hedgehog
01-02-2003, 01:34 AM
They have a few ex-Palace down at Bromley - Michael Harney, Mark Harris and Adolf Amoako, as you said, so it could be worth going for a look.
Don't forget Grant Watts (sp?).

Mr. Eagle
02-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Julius would have been give a pro contract in the summer but he got a nasty knee injury and has not been the same player again. Very promising defender but a shame he got that injury.

Clapham Grand
03-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Surely we will offer Dobson a contract?

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-02-2003, 01:47 PM
They are at home to Leatherhead on Saturday with a 3 p.m kick off so could catch that game and then make it back to the pub in Petts Wood (Daylight) for the Palace game. I think I'll get on the blower to Stevie C and get him and Bromley fan Ian to make that a Saturdays quiet day

How much are tickets?

Holmesdale
04-02-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm good mates with all the Leatherhead team so i'll get a match report off them

Beanie
04-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Surely we will offer Dobson a contract?

Why? He can obviously do a fair bit of the ol' ball juggling, but does that make him a good player? According to the TV programme last year he was nearer to being dropped from the Academy completly than to being given a contract. If I recall he was told he had to decide if he wanted to play football or juggle one.

I wonder if he has decided yet?

Dartford Lad
04-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Why? He can obviously do a fair bit of the ol' ball juggling, but does that make him a good player? According to the TV programme last year he was nearer to being dropped from the Academy completly than to being given a contract. If I recall he was told he had to decide if he wanted to play football or juggle one.

I wonder if he has decided yet?

Him and Routledge are basically the same age and Wayne is in the first team, while Craig hardly even gets on the bench in the reserves.
That says alot to me.... :hi:

Latvian Eagle
07-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Him and Routledge are basically the same age and Wayne is in the first team, while Craig hardly even gets on the bench in the reserves.
That says alot to me.... :hi:

Craig plays in the same sort of positions as Wayne, but I think he's 19 going on 20. Also came across as a bit of an arrogant b@stard.

Andrew Julius is 18, I think Will is also 19 going on 20.

Hedgehog
10-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Looks like Julius had a good start at Bromley Saturday. He crossed for Kirt Watts (Grant's brother) to head home. He also made some good tackles and was Man of the Match in the eyes of the reporter on the Bromley web site.

MicksSis
29-03-2003, 05:42 PM

Craig was back playing with the under 19s this morning against Fulham (Palace won 2-0). Craig scored the first goal.

He had an excellent game.

Dartford Lad
31-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Julius was on-loan at Barnet but joined someone else the other day and I can't think who it was now!

foubert
31-03-2003, 03:58 PM
crawley town, was on the bench for them Saturday

Benzhiyi
31-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Is he still contracted to us at all?

Dartford Lad
02-04-2003, 08:54 AM
I think he was told that he was being released at the end of the season and that he could go sooner if he found a new club.

arussell
02-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Although he's finishing his (non football) scholarship with Palace - Julius has been released by us, and we're helping him find a new club.

A Bromley mate says he played well whilst with them and he can't understand why they haven't taken him on.

Riccardo
04-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by arussell
Although he's finishing his (non football) scholarship with Palace - Julius has been released by us, and we're helping him find a new club.

So he's not worth a 500 or less a week contract with us then ?? Pity. He looked a good leader in 'The Players' on CH4. Good luck to him.

kolinkins
04-04-2003, 11:29 PM
is he at crawley? my noss supports them and wants me to go down and watch them - if we have any palace (or ex-palace) there, i would watch them. they recently released dave stevens, for off the pitch problems.

Dartford Lad
23-04-2003, 02:19 PM

Dobbo has just had his trial with Cheltenham extended by another week and Bobby Gould has been very impressed apparently.

Latvian Eagle
28-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Wow the lad could keep a ball up. He's so arrogant, he got his come upance though. I always thought he had too much of an attitude to succeed with us.