PDA

View Full Version : any rumours likely to be true?

winston the dog
29-01-2003, 03:55 PM
since the window has opened we have heard that we are in for ... martyn, thatcher, forsell, and pennant... maybe more but those are the ones i know of.
my question is this, are we likely to buy anyone before friday, or take anyone on loan?
be nice to bring in a new face or two to give us a bit more bite going into the last 3rd of the season.

ozeagle
29-01-2003, 04:06 PM
no one in, no one out, it's as boring as exposing Aki's lack of skill..

Maidstoned Eagle
29-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Hehehe, you may have looked a wally when I met you in Blackpool Oz, but you do make me smile.

winston the dog
29-01-2003, 04:18 PM
it is pretty boring isnt it

Beanie
29-01-2003, 04:39 PM
I know there have been rumours, but I can't honestly believe that anybody seriously thought we would be signing anybody. The only transfer window rumour with credibility was that somebody might be after Hayden. Fortunately they bid peanuts.

I'd also point out that Nationwide clubs are not bound by the window anyway. If we want to sign from another Nationwide club we can - I assume to the last week in March as per normal. Don't think we will though, probably nobody available better than we have.

Baz To The D
29-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
no one in, no one out, it's as boring as exposing Aki's lack of skill..

get over it about Aki!

arussell
30-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by winston the dog
it is pretty boring isnt it

Not at all.

We have a number of young players doing well who deserve a chance at some point.

If you want new faces - that's where to look.

I hear the young lad we picked up recently from Charlton looks the part (apparently he played well in the win over Millwall last week).

Gooders
30-01-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by arussell

I hear the young lad we picked up recently from Charlton looks the part (apparently he played well in the win over Millwall last week).

Who is he Al, and what were the circumstances of us picking him up from the clowns? Haven't heard anything about this.

Batsta
30-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Lets face it, we would want 1m+ for Hayden. If you can get robbie Fowler for 3m + a few direct debits, nobody will pay that sort of money for a Div1 player.

arussell
30-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Who is he Al, and what were the circumstances of us picking him up from the clowns?

I haven't seen him yet - I was talking to one of the old boys who go regularly, when I was at the training ground yesterday. Apparently his name is Charlie Taylor and he's one with a "good footballing brain" so I'm told.

Not sure of the circumstances of his departure from the Clowns, but he's supposed to have had some sort of falling out with them.

pedro
30-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Batsta
Lets face it, we would want 1m+ for Hayden. If you can get robbie Fowler for 3m + a few direct debits, nobody will pay that sort of money for a Div1 player.

I was surprised, and pleased, that West Ham didn't try to sign Hayden bearing in mind how bad their defence is, I am sure that they could have found the money.

Gooders
30-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Sssssh!

There's still one day to go.

Selhurst Celtic
30-01-2003, 05:19 PM
I heard that we were in the hunt to resign Wayne carlisle in time to play as right back at Anfield.

Jimbo ?
30-01-2003, 06:54 PM
worth a try - for the benifit of england - to get Owen scoring again!