PDA

View Full Version : Foreign teams

Neal k
17-01-2001, 03:13 PM
Which other teams do you support/like abroad?
For me:
Celtic
Barca
Marseille
NAC
Sampdoria
Bayren Munich

Is anyone into Non league football? I have been to see Dulwich a few times.

hilairehair
17-01-2001, 03:17 PM
I used to watch Banbury United when I was about 12 (Southern League Midlands Division!)

wombat
17-01-2001, 03:21 PM
Psg

ruediger
17-01-2001, 03:26 PM
My home town club
VfB Lübeck
see thread "home ground"
http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000376.html

Marco van Palace
17-01-2001, 03:45 PM
My home town club Rakuunat in finnish 1st division.
Hearts
Monaco
Espanyol

Benny B Block
17-01-2001, 03:45 PM
I follow the fortunes (or lack of them) of Napoli because of a couple of holidays and replica shirts purchased.

Also look out for the results of Croydon and Whyteleafe in the non league front.

John C
17-01-2001, 03:48 PM
Gaborone Utd.....Botswana team,

paf
17-01-2001, 03:50 PM
Hastings Town
Lazio
Aberdeen

atillio
17-01-2001, 03:53 PM
dulwich hamlett - the team that made ian wright, celtic, real oviedo, milan

Jason
17-01-2001, 03:57 PM
I look out for Wivenhoe town's results (Ryman league Div2 . . . . .played a couple of games for them when I was a student in Colchester)

As for overseas teams, I watch out for Sliema Wanderers (Malta) when they are in Europe. Always try and catch a game whenever I am in Malta (which is fairly often coz my Mum is half Maltese)

wombat
17-01-2001, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jason:
As for overseas teams, I watch out for Sliema Wanderers (Malta) when they are in Europe. Always try and catch a game whenever I am in Malta (which is fairly often coz my Mum is half Maltese)

I hope you don't make her cross

henryhallandhisbasque
17-01-2001, 05:11 PM
I have a season ticket to watch Margveti Zestafoni and she is certainly worth the effort.

Dodgy Ken
17-01-2001, 05:25 PM
Always had a soft spot for Fiorentina, I think the logic is that they play in purple, and had Batistuta

Mike Douglas
17-01-2001, 05:36 PM
Hertha BSC
St Johnstone.

Blind_Eagle
17-01-2001, 07:19 PM
Morton - old man played for them
Port Vale - used to watch them when I lived up there and Palace weren't playing

jrnicholson
17-01-2001, 07:43 PM
Kilmarnock
Linköping (Sweden)
Anyone playing Moan Utd.

Pistike
17-01-2001, 08:06 PM
http://www.ujpestfc.hu/shop/5.jpg

http://www.ujpestfc.hu/Library/headline_hirek.gif

[This message has been edited by Pistike (edited 17 January 2001).]

Benny B Block
17-01-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Egg Sample:

(BennyBBlock - I'm still trying to find another old Croydon fan - old enough to remember Bernie Merron etc/Istmian league/Millwall ?)

I'm afraid you will have to keep looking. I am far too young to remember those bygone days.

17-01-2001, 09:07 PM
My local side these days - Kingstonian.

Jordan's Jacket
18-01-2001, 04:05 AM
Real Betis- the poor relations of Seville

Fatman
18-01-2001, 04:05 AM
I follow the wonder that is Lincoln United in the Unibond first division. I also like FC Genk...just becasue of their name. Genk!

------------------
Be Good

Egg Sample
18-01-2001, 04:12 AM
Dunfermline

(BennyBBlock - I'm still trying to find another old Croydon fan - old enough to remember Bernie Merron etc/Istmian league/Millwall ?)

Don Rogers 'tache
18-01-2001, 04:22 AM
Öster - in the Swedish 1st Division (like ours really the second). My girlfriend is from Vaxjo in Southern Sweden where they are based so I thought I'd take an interest. Won the league back in 1981 and runner ups in 1991.

Also seen Dulwich Hamlet on a few occasions. Not sure about the pink kit though.

Mat ov CPFC
18-01-2001, 04:26 AM
Hadjuk Split is the other great love in my life and subsequently I despise those ******s, Dinamo Zagreb.

And of course, my fine friend Rues team, the one and only VfB Lubeck.

I used to also look out for Fulham cos I felt sorry for them but times change.

wedgetail
18-01-2001, 04:44 AM
My home town team Wollongong Wolves will be Oceania's representative in the next World club championship.

East-End Eagle
18-01-2001, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Neal k:

Sampdoria

Samp scum!!! Genoa for me, rossoblu Army!!

bucketbongeagle
18-01-2001, 04:55 AM
FC Den Haag - my local in Holland absolute Sh!te the equivalent of Millwall in NL and despite the Hague being the official capital (parliament, Queen etc) they have been in the lowest prof. division for 10 - 15 years. A kind of nasty mix of Wolves and Millwall - but worse.
Haarlem - The only other team guaranteed to finish below FC Den Haag, bunch of farmers, small following, only claim to fame being Ruud Guilt started there.
Port Vale - Lived in Stoke for 3 years, worked there, couldn't follow Stoke instinct led me to the underdog, cool club actually.
Deportivo La Corunna - Girlfriend comes from there, wierd to support a team that wins things, they've performed miracles really its like Ipswich winning the Prem.

Glaws Eagle
18-01-2001, 11:12 AM
Cagliari,

Feyenoord, (who we are seeing in May),

St Mirren!!

Glaws Eagle
18-01-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by bucketbongeagle:
FC Den Haag - my local in Holland absolute Sh!te the equivalent of Millwall in NL and despite the Hague being the official capital (parliament, Queen etc) they have been in the lowest prof. division for 10 - 15 years.

They are at Haarlem on 19th May, hoping to pop over from Amsterdam to see it!!!

walderslade eagle
19-01-2001, 05:12 PM
Don't know why, but ever since I was at school I've followed the fortunes of Greenock Morton.

Undies
19-01-2001, 05:55 PM
Wollongong Wolves - cos one of my best friend's older brothers played for them years ago, and another close friend was a ball boy and spent days (literally) on the supporters coach as a kid. (Imagine travelling 1800 kms to Melbourne and back on the supporters coach just for the pleasure of watching your team get done - sheer insanity!)

San Jose Clash - 'cause Tommy Gun is one of the greatest songs of all time! - but they've changed their name to the San Jose Earthquakes, so hopefully the San Andreaus fault line will swallow them up.

Scunthorp - 'cause it's a funny name and Ian Botham used to play for them...and I named a friends cat after the team - and the poor thing was known as 'S*****' for the rest of it's life.

------------------
Bring back Carl Veart !!

slowdog
19-01-2001, 06:09 PM
Used to quite like Internazionale, partly because of their kit, partly because of the name and the ideals behind the name. But, for obvious reasons, I despise them now.

Was forced by nuns at my Catholic primary school to follow Celtic.

Non-league: Bromley. I used to live just up the road from the ground and went on quite a few away trips with them. Dave Swindlehurst had just taken over as manager when I first started watching. (Got them relegated too!)

wombat
19-01-2001, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by slowdog:

Non-league: Bromley. I used to live just up the road from the ground and went on quite a few away trips with them. Dave Swindlehurst had just taken over as manager when I first started watching. (Got them relegated too!)

Bromley Town was a good place to park up for a smoke!!

slowdog
19-01-2001, 06:28 PM
Actually, it's Bromley FC, strictly speaking. Bromley Town was the squash club. (Only a Bromley fan would bother being so anal in correcting that...)

Bromley also had a concrete 5-a-side pitch behind one end of the ground, which was great. If Simon Jordan wants some tips on how to get people into Selhurst earlier, then he ought to think about doing the same. We used to turn up at about 1.30 and order loads of drinks in the bar to quench our raging thirst from playing footy.

philaire
20-01-2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by wedgetail:
My home town team Wollongong Wolves will be Oceania's representative in the next World club championship.Very probable, but not confirmed, wedgetail.

Give the Wolves about twenty more seasons and they might boast the pedigree of my team, Adelaide City (now regrettably termed Adelaide Force).

ozieaglesimon
20-01-2001, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by wombat:
So who are the red'n'blue ozzie team I saw last night????

Probably the Northern Spirit [sydney team] if the jersey was predominantly blue.

I follow Brisbane Strikers locally and Lazio in Europe [until Palace get there http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/eek.gif]

wombat
20-01-2001, 04:36 AM
So who are the red'n'blue ozzie team I saw last night????

wedgetail
20-01-2001, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by philaire:
[
Give the Wolves about twenty more seasons and they might boast the pedigree of my team, Adelaide City (now regrettably termed Adelaide Force).

[/B]

Since the Wolves were members of the original national league and club football in the Illawarra dates back to the 1880's I think we can take seniority thank you.

ckaupang
20-01-2001, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by atillio:
dulwich hamlett - the team that made ian wright, celtic, real oviedo, milan

well done, dulwich, for making all of those... http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

batigol
20-01-2001, 06:29 AM
Bayern, Juve, Shenhua and wherever bati goes...

Steve in Phoenix
20-01-2001, 07:50 AM
Dulwich Hamlet
Extramadura (Spain)
Phoenix Coyotes (ice hockey)

Vince Hilarious
20-01-2001, 08:34 AM
Morecambe Town
Aberdeen
Lazio

Come on you shrimps!!

Vic Eagle
20-01-2001, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dodgy Ken:
Always had a soft spot for Fiorentina, I think the logic is that they play in purple, and had Batistuta

I guess I like Fiorentina as well...spent a time studying Italian and got to a few matches when I was over there...what a great place to watch football.

Went back a few years later, and watched an end of season game...against Torino I think. Fiorentina must have been going for a place in Europe on goals scored, as the final score was 6-3....

Vic Eagle
20-01-2001, 10:17 AM
And I would also look out for the results of the Pride of the beautiful city of Akureyri in Iceland, the mighty Þor Akureyri (great name, great place).

Unfortunately, Australian newspapers do not see fit to publish these results...

99percent
20-01-2001, 06:54 PM
Dulwich Hamlet-Ryman Premier
East Stirling-Scottish 3rd
F.C Zurich-Swiss "a"
Bologna-Italy "a"
Go-Ahead Eagles-Dutch 2nd
Spartak Moscow-Russian 1st

wedgetail
21-01-2001, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by philaire:
The national league began in 1977, with the following clubs:

Eastern Suburbs, Marconi-Fairfield, Fitzroy
Adelaide City, Western Suburbs, St George, West Adelaide, Footscray, Brisbane Lions, Brisbane City, Sth Melbourne, Sydney Olympic, Canberra City and Mooroolbark. No Wolves - they joined the national league as Wollongong City in 1981.

I therefore humbly assert, wedgetail, that the Wolves take 2nd place in this argument! http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

Oops! memmory failure , probably due to advanced age http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/confused.gif

Canute
21-01-2001, 03:53 AM
One heart

One Palace!

Marco
21-01-2001, 04:11 AM
A team I love just as much as Palace is my beloved Torino, currently in Italy's Serie B but in 3rd place now so promotion should be achieved this year.

In Serie A Fiorentina 9Because they are Juve haters too), Roma (they have Fancesco Totti), Parma (nice kit, Buffon, Cannavaro).

------------------
Join the Harrison Fan Club <A HREF="http://HarrisonFanClub.4t.com

Also" TARGET=_blank>http://HarrisonFanClub.4t.com

Also</A> read my weekly Serie A report on http://euroballs.net

Worthing Eagle
21-01-2001, 04:20 AM
Scotland - Queen's Park
Ukraine - Dynamo Kiev
Germany - Fortuna Koln
New York Islanders (ice hockey)

Raggy
21-01-2001, 04:25 AM
Holland - Go Ahead Eagles.
Scotland - Celtic, Hibs, St Mirren.
Italy - Roma, Fiorentina.
Germany - St Pauli.
Brazil - Vasco da Gama.
France - St Etienne.
Portugal - Boavista.

Chinese Eagle
21-01-2001, 04:31 AM
Hunan Jinxiang FC.
my hometown club which is in the bottom half of the Div. 3 in China now. http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/tongue.gif

sometimes wonder if the team will perform better if I play for them though. hehe

JohnA
21-01-2001, 04:34 AM
Longford Town (Ireland)
Glasgow Celtic (Scotland)

A long lived admiration for Barca!

philaire
21-01-2001, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by wedgetail:
Since the Wolves were members of the original national league and club football in the Illawarra dates back to the 1880's I think we can take seniority thank you. The national league began in 1977, with the following clubs:

Eastern Suburbs, Marconi-Fairfield, Fitzroy
Adelaide City, Western Suburbs, St George, West Adelaide, Footscray, Brisbane Lions, Brisbane City, Sth Melbourne, Sydney Olympic, Canberra City and Mooroolbark. No Wolves - they joined the national league as Wollongong City in 1981.

Adelaide City, South Melbourne and Marconi, are the only clubs that have played in every national league season since 1977. Adelaide City won the league in 1986, 91/92 and 93/94, and the cup in 1979, 1989 and 1991/92. Wollongong's only honour in their first 19 seasons was last year's title win.

I therefore humbly assert, wedgetail, that the Wolves take 2nd place in this argument! http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

John 24
21-01-2001, 05:29 AM
Italy - AC Milan
France - RC Lens

Vern
23-01-2001, 06:51 PM
Spain - Las Palmas
France - PSG
Portugal - Belenenses
Italy - Genoa
NL - Sparta Rotterdam
Germany - 1860

TOP CAT
23-01-2001, 07:23 PM
Cowdenbeath (Corkin' name)
Rangers
FC Brondby (Mrs. Cat is Danish)
Barnstonworth Utd.
Rochdale (Great book I read on them once - 'Kicking in the Wind'
Derby County (Dad)

Pistike
23-01-2001, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Vern:
Portugal - Belenenses

I ever went to Portimao vs Belenenses about 9 years ago.

Stood on the terraces with the away supporters screaming CORNER at a disputed decision in front of where I was standing.
Bloke wonders over at half time and tells me that CORNA is Portugese for c**t!

TAK
23-01-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Pistike:

Bloke wonders over at half time and tells me that CORNA is Portugese for c**t!

Yeah but you new that anyway http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

BTW

Holland - Breda NAC

and one eye on Dulwich Hamlet.

James Varcoe
23-01-2001, 08:49 PM
Hamlet
Berwick Rangers
Inter
Sampdoria
Barca
Boavista