PDA

View Full Version : Loan moves

selhurstparkflyer
31-01-2001, 07:55 PM
Can anybody help me here.
as afr as I know clubs are only allowed to take players on loan from clusame division or higher.

How come Andy Booth has been allowed to move from Sheff Wednesday to Spurs on loan then?

Answers on a postcard

Dedders
31-01-2001, 08:50 PM
You are allowed to loan players to clubs in different divisions, regardless of whether the division is higher or lower.
e.g. Lee Chapman to Leeds a few years ago.

However you should not be allowed to start threads as boring as this. Try getting out a bit.

Dodgy Ken
31-01-2001, 08:53 PM
Is it me, or does there seem to be more loaning of players then say 10-15 years ago? Also the willingness of the loanees club to loan out better quality players seems to of increased?

Palace
31-01-2001, 09:02 PM
I understand what you are saying,

I am getting fed up with all the recent 'loan with view of a permanent transfers'

BORING!

------------------
!HARRISON FOR ENGLAND! (seriously)

skyrocket6
31-01-2001, 09:24 PM
done us alright though this season..

Forsell
staunton (and his wonder goal)
Harrison started on loan

then youve got

andy morrison
paul kitson
stuart taylor.....

second thoughts??????erm....

PeterH
31-01-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by skyrocket6:
done us alright though this season..

Ashley Cole

Palace No.1 Fan
31-01-2001, 11:27 PM
Terry Phelen

will hung
31-01-2001, 11:37 PM
Bobby Tambling

cumbrian_eagles
01-02-2001, 01:18 AM
Paul Stewart

interested in sydney.
01-02-2001, 11:35 AM
I thought we bought Bobby Tambling an Birchenall at the same time.

Who Cares?
01-02-2001, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by interested in sydney.:
I thought we bought Bobby Tambling an Birchenall at the same time.

We did but Tambling had spent a month on loan with us the previous season.

selhurstparkflyer
01-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Dedders:
You are allowed to loan players to clubs in different divisions, regardless of whether the division is higher or lower.

However you should not be allowed to start threads as boring as this. Try getting out a bit.

I am very sorry Dedders if I bored you Dedders. I shall endeavour to get out this weekend and sample the high life you seem to be accustomed to.

selhurstparkflyer
02-02-2001, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Dedders:

I have not gone out yet so I shall question your above statement.

How come Andy Linighan went on loan to QPR 2 years ago and Jamie Smith to Fulham last season and Lee Bradbury to Birmingham?

Dedders, I think you should stay in and do your research more thoroughly before you go out living it up.

JJ
02-02-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer:
How come Andy Linighan went on loan to QPR 2 years ago and Jamie Smith to Fulham last season and Lee Bradbury to Birmingham?

Cost cutting exercise at the time when we thought we wouldn't have a club to support! Basically it lightened the wage load.

Jaffa
02-02-2001, 02:19 PM
Restriction is actually only on Premier clubs. That is that "no player can be loaned between two premier clubs"

As for that, you can loan pretty much who you like.

Dodgy Ken
02-02-2001, 02:42 PM
The whole loan thing works well for different reasons.

Firstly from the loaners persepective, players are either older fringe players who can either run off a bad patch on loan, or can help they reduce their wage bill (assuming the loaning club picks up all or part of their wages); Or they are young developing players who would benefit from either toughening up in the lower leagues, or gaining first team experience. Often in this situation the loaning club may not have to pay any of the players wages, this is more so related to clubs who dont experience pressures on their wage bills.

For the loaning club, they get the benefit of (in theory) a highly talented player who they would not be able to afford sign permanantly. These players can also be highly experienced which can add mental strength to a struggling side. The financial benefits are enormous for such sides.

Example: Joe Bloggs is an experienced top flight midfielder (31), he has played for 2 top flight sides, but upon the recent signing of a foreign star, has found himself pushed to the sidelines. His club are unwilling to sell him, but are happy to loan him. He currently earns 10000 pw. Argyle United a struggling first division side, battling relegation who finances and pay structure limit signings to 500000, and 5000 pw. They are able to afford to sign Joe Bloggs on loan till then end of the season and pay 5000 pw. He signs in January for 5 months. His club saves 25000, and the loaning club pays 25000 for his services (plus expenses). His arrival bolsters the midfield, and Argyle United avoid relegation.

Gaffer
02-02-2001, 02:50 PM
That example takes me back to my "Fletcher Maths" books http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

selhurstparkflyer
02-02-2001, 03:29 PM
Many thanks jaffa an everybody else.

Now that I have my answer I can take Dedders' advice and get out more. Tonight I shall go out and have a pint of light & bitter.

Dodgy Ken
02-02-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Gaffer:
That example takes me back to my "Fletcher Maths" books http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Why thank you, for my next example I will explain how an average player at a middling premiership club can still earn a fortune.

Bill Willis, is a 26 year old centre forward for Midland City (Premiership). At the start of last season he signed from Argyle United (1st Division) for 750000, as cover for their regular strikers. Over the season he scored 16 goals, from 32 appearances, 15 as sub. This season he scored 27 goals in 43 appearances (9 as sub), and is the clubs leading scorer and player of the year. His basic salary is 4000 pw. He also gets the following:
400 a goal
400 an appearance (200 as sub)
200 Win bonus
1000 hattrick bonus
400 for each cup round won
The club also pays a weeks wages to the highest scored and player of the year
Adding to this he also signed a boot contract at the start of the season earning him 20000 a year, plus 400 a goal, and this is doubled if he appears in feature highlight game.
The club play 38 league game, with a 18,10,10 record, Bill playing in all winning games. They reach the 5th round of the FACup but go out in the first round. They appear 10 times (Bill scoring 8 times) as one of the 3 feature games on the Match of the Day

How much does he earn this season?

[This message has been edited by Dodgy Ken (edited 02 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Dodgy Ken (edited 02 February 2001).]

Jaffa
03-02-2001, 04:17 AM
He earns 281,000.

Id hardly call a 27 goal a season player a average player tho!

I am taking the wages to be for 52 weeks and not the duration of the season, as players get played close season as well!

Dodgy Ken
03-02-2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Jaffa:
He earns 281,000.

Id hardly call a 27 goal a season player a average player tho!

I am taking the wages to be for 52 weeks and not the duration of the season, as players get played close season as well!

Average being that he ONLY earns 4000 a week, and has only spent 2 years in the top flight.

After renegotiations of a transfer he can expect to have earnt over a million by the end of the next season!!!!

PhilD
29-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Dodgy Ken

Example: Joe Bloggs is an experienced top flight midfielder (31), he has played for 2 top flight sides, but upon the recent signing of a foreign star, has found himself pushed to the sidelines. His club are unwilling to sell him, but are happy to loan him. He currently earns 10000 pw. Argyle United a struggling first division side, battling relegation who finances and pay structure limit signings to 500000, and 5000 pw. They are able to afford to sign Joe Bloggs on loan till then end of the season and pay 5000 pw. He signs in January for 5 months. His club saves 25000, and the loaning club pays 25000 for his services (plus expenses). His arrival bolsters the midfield, and Argyle United avoid relegation.

And everyone lives happily everafter:)

Perhaps SJ should read this and take note:D

JamieBcpfc
30-10-2003, 04:13 PM
if he did he'd abolish all bonuses

PhilD
30-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc
if he did he'd abolish all bonuses

Why? Where did you get that from?

Grim Reaper
01-11-2003, 11:23 AM
What is it with threads being dug up from 2001 lately?