PDA

View Full Version : AJ

The Vicar
21-09-2003, 01:28 AM
90th minute goal against Sunderland. 90th minute goal against WBA. Lightning speed. Tireless. Leading scorer last year. AJ knockers, what say ye?

christopher
21-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Says a lot about his fitness levels.

The Vicar
21-09-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by christopher
Says a lot about his fitness levels.

And his determination. And his speed. And his finishing ability. Odds on him being leading scorer this season? I'm beginning to think Dougie is injury prone, and getting on just a bit. Shipperley is slow and overweight. Tommy misses games on end due to sendings off. Wayne doesn't play on a regular basis. Anyone fancy a fiver bet?

glaziers fan
21-09-2003, 01:45 AM
AJ is a definite starter. Mr consistent who can be occasionally brilliant. Adds enough in workrate to command a place in the team. Even if he didn't have that, his pace would command a place in the team, for upsetting the opposition's defence. Everything else he produces is a bonus, ie assists, movement, goals. Thank goodness for AJ. He is still only young too.

Men At Work
21-09-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by The Vicar
90th minute goal against Sunderland. 90th minute goal against WBA. AJ knockers, what say ye?

He only scores when the opposition is tired ;)

sydney eagle
21-09-2003, 01:50 AM
I'm glad people are appreciating the work he does,I couldn't believe the abuse he was getting on here recently,the games I saw over the last 4 weeks showed me a player who runs after everything for the entire time he's on the field,he never gives up trying and isn't scared to take on defences.

My only complaint about him was I had 20 quid on him scoring first in the second half V bradford so when he missed that 1 on 1 with the keeper I chose a few selective words to scream from the top of the holmesdale:D

Top man AJ

AJ
21-09-2003, 01:54 AM
I'm beginning to think Dougie is injury prone, and getting on just a bit.

I

Dougie isn't even 30 yet!

The Vicar
21-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by AJ
I

Dougie isn't even 30 yet!

I'm a big Dougie fan, but I'd put more dosh on AJ to finish as leading scorer. Fancy a bet? ;)

rednbluevegas
21-09-2003, 04:57 AM
I'm beginning to think Dougie is injury prone, and getting on just a bit.

How old are you - Dougie is not yet 30 for Christ's sake!

Jordan's Jacket
21-09-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
[. Thank goodness for AJ. He is still only young too. [/B]

I think his is often overlooked, he's going to improve as he matures

JamieBcpfc
21-09-2003, 08:28 AM
i reckon the dougster will be top scorer, AJ is not a natural goalscorer more a tireless worker, but the way he is playing he should play amost every week

BringBackSasa
21-09-2003, 08:35 AM
And his determination. And his speed. And his finishing ability. Odds on him being leading scorer this season? I'm beginning to think Dougie is injury prone, and getting on just a bit. Shipperley is slow and overweight. Tommy misses games on end due to sendings off. Wayne doesn't play on a regular basis. Anyone fancy a fiver bet?

Yes.

Kirby
21-09-2003, 09:56 PM
I FCUKING LOVE YOU AJ!!!!! :p :hi: :lux:

LLCOOLSTEVE
21-09-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm a big Dougie fan, but I'd put more dosh on AJ to finish as leading scorer. Fancy a bet? ;)

Yes

redandblue
21-09-2003, 09:59 PM
AJ for me Dougie too Shipps overweight and the worst first touch I have ever seen

Latvian
21-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Kirby

:lux:

Shipp Ahoy!
21-09-2003, 10:05 PM
:love:

Kirby
21-09-2003, 10:21 PM
:love: :love: :love:

forsells no1 fan
21-09-2003, 10:29 PM
AJ has been excellent so far this season.Ok his finishing isnt usualy of the highest caliber but the guy runs his heart out for us.Maybe Shipps should use the same fitness programme as AJ!

Isle of Wight
21-09-2003, 10:39 PM
OK I have not been an AJ fan from seeing him play the back end of last year. I also haven't been able to get to see a game this season so am unable to comment on him this season. HOWEVER based around what others have said, I'm led to believe he is playing well and could still get better. The best comment of all though, is that he runs for everything. This was one of the best qualities of Ian Wright. He never stopped chasing balls even though it was odds on he wouldn't reach it in time...........But then once in a blue moon he would and then he would conjure something out of nothing Ahhh happy days. If AJ has the same attitude he gets my support.

The Vicar
22-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Mods, can you merge the "underrated" thread with this one that I started earlier? Cheers.

AndyStreet
23-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Kirby

He's alright I suppose..........:love: :love: