PDA

View Full Version : Would You take Bruce Back

JamieBcpfc
21-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Despite him being a total **** and pig lookalike, Steve Bruce has undoubted talent as a manager, the question i am asking i would you take him back as manager of palace if you had the chance, I personally would not let personal feelings about the man cloud my judgement so i would and if he had as much success as he has had recently i might even forgive him, however if he did badly i would call him for the sack much earlier than normal

charltonhater
21-09-2003, 03:01 PM
No

c_block_lad
21-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Why? We got Kember!

STEVIE KEMBERS RED N BLUE ARMY!

John.K
21-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Err might do :D nah I have faith in Kember :p :lux:

losteagle
21-09-2003, 03:37 PM
I would but only under certain conditions
1. That Kember has been given at least 3 seasosn do things his way
2. We are in the premership and strugleing and need someone with experience
3. That he brings Forsell with him
You can never right off a good manager and he is the best we have had since coppell

Panman268
21-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Like a shot. He had this club looking like something while he was here and I for one don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves whatever the situation. Fans are quick to want managers to go if things go wrong (ask TF and latterly SK) so why should they study the fans if they get a better offer?

sydney eagle
21-09-2003, 05:14 PM
why would anyone take him back???? he would do the exact same thing the second a better offer came along again...how can you plan a future for the club knowing he could walk out at anytime?

JamieBcpfc
27-09-2003, 03:15 PM
i am saying if

as216
27-09-2003, 05:01 PM
What's the point in even asking the question?

westsussexeagle
27-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by as216

Indeed, my thoughts entirely. Perhaps it's really just another Kember and/or Jordan and/or Bullivant out thread in disguise?

The Omen
27-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by losteagle
I would but only under certain conditions
1. That Kember has been given at least 3 seasosn do things his way
2. We are in the premership and strugleing and need someone with experience

I'm assuming because you have put two points in that totally contradict each other, you don't want Bruce back.

oz_da II
27-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by as216

Exactly.

The most stupid question in the history of the BBS. And there have been many.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
why would anyone take him back???? he would do the exact same thing the second a better offer came along again...how can you plan a future for the club knowing he could walk out at anytime?

Or was it because he didnt get on with his boss??? :hmph:

samtheeagle
27-09-2003, 05:50 PM
id rather trevor back personally

:o :o :o :o

Jimbo ?
27-09-2003, 07:08 PM
of all the abuse we have given bruce (myself included) he is a good manager. as to whether i would have him back.....i would say yes because i believe he could get us promoted - we were top when he left and while kember mayget us up, bruce looks like being 1 of those lucky managers

Gerry from Sussex
28-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Has had plenty of money to play with at Bumingham but seems to have used it well so, probably, yes.

ozeagle
28-09-2003, 10:56 AM
we should all beg, steal and borrow to get the super coach back...

Mark Manuel
30-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Only if we get Forsell and Kirovski in the deal, and Granville and Simon Jordan go in opposite direction!!!!

Daveyboyross
30-09-2003, 09:52 AM
I'd welcome him back as the tea-boy, who everyone could give a good kicking if we lost.

Him and Venables.

Shoreditch CPFC
30-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Exactly.

The most stupid question in the history of the BBS. And there have been many.

I don't agree. It's sparked a debate hasn't it ?

I would not have him back, despite begrudgingly accepting that he's a good manager. If they'll screw you over once they'll do it again (e.g. vegetables)

ClintsCrackPipe
30-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mark Manuel
Only if we get Forsell and Kirovski in the deal, and Granville and Simon Jordan go in opposite direction!!!!

And who do we 'get' as our new owner/chairman/bankroller??

Personally I voted for the third option. Like a naughty little boy, I'd only have him back if he stood up and said something along the lines of:

"I'm a naughty flat faced monkey, and I'm very sorry I was mean to you all before. Please forgive me and take me back."

kiwieagle
01-10-2003, 08:19 AM
I thought it was my lucky day a thread on Kember resigning and Bruce coming back.All we need is Playboy bankrolling it all, then i woke up.

Maz
01-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
I don't agree. It's sparked a debate hasn't it ?

I would not have him back, despite begrudgingly accepting that he's a good manager. If they'll screw you over once they'll do it again (e.g. vegetables) I suppose so.

The interesting thing for me is that many who criticise SJ for not being good enough at business then also say they don't want Gray or Bruce back because they 'betrayed' us.

You can't have it both ways chaps. Either you want the best for the club as a business, (which means putting all these personal feelings aside), or you don't - in which case why criticise Jordan for things like food, or bar waiting times etc etc?

nicky
01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
The shambles in the bars and the crap food piss us off and are bad business.

JamieBcpfc
02-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Bring Back Bruce