PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy Announcements

Selhurst Guy
22-09-2003, 06:20 PM
I don't know if it's just me but can anyone actually hear the tannoy annoucements in the Ho,mesdale upper tier. Because at the West Brom match as they didn't put the Palace team on the screen we didn't a clue what the team was as we couldn't hear a f*ck*ng thing that Terry Byfield was saying.
:veryangry :veryangry

Does it work anywhere else in the ground.:bash:

Brett
22-09-2003, 06:21 PM
The moaning minnies finally got their way and had the volume turned down.

BaldEagle96
22-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Hasn't worked properly all season. Last year it was great but something has definately gone wrong since then!

CHE
22-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Brett
The moaning minnies finally got their way and had the volume turned down.

Someone tell me this isn't right, please? If so, it is pathetic, but if not it is another example of piss-poor cuswtomer service, as the tannoy has, as someone else said, been inaudible all season.

Benzhiyi
22-09-2003, 06:27 PM
I can't hear anything from the front of the Holmesdale.

Are you serious Brett?

Ade55
22-09-2003, 06:29 PM
its so quiet now - block d lower i cant hear anything

theyve gotta turn it up at least when they read out the goalscorers - i remember hearing someone moan at a fans forum that the volume was to loud and jordan said it was the same as the majoirty of grounds in the league - so why lower it !!!

Stonewall
22-09-2003, 06:32 PM
It may be quiet your end, but in the Whitehorse the level of sound is excruiating:bash:

Nelson Muntz
22-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Stonewall's right. It's too loud up our end. In fact before the game on Saturday we could see the WBA and Palace fans singing and clapping but couldn't hear a thing cos our ears were taking a bashing from the music that was being played.........and don't even start me on Terry Byfield at half time.

selhurst
22-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Selhurst Guy
can anyone actually hear the tannoy annoucements in the Ho,mesdale upper tier.

Well, I'm in the Holmesdale Lower, and I can safely say that there hasn't been any tannoy announcements this season. If there had of been, I'm sure I would have heard them.

Diehard
22-09-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm sure there was an annoncement that the Holmesdale was on fire but then I couldn't hear it and we all burnt to death.:rolleyes:

Rob Fox
22-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi,

The club have been aware of the PA problem on the Holmesdale and have taken action, but it is obviously still a not right..

The volume levels in the various stands were all set via a system on a computer laptop, and as I've explained before, I only control the main output from the mixer...not the amps.

I'm sorry its still not right, I'll be speaking to TB tomorrow.

Rob

Scroatey
22-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Rob you're popular, this is like the third thread about this since the start of the season!

My fingers are crossed for you - catch up Tuesday!!

CHE
22-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Rob Fox
Hi,

The club have been aware of the PA problem on the Holmesdale and have taken action, but it is obviously still a not right..

The volume levels in the various stands were all set via a system on a computer laptop, and as I've explained before, I only control the main output from the mixer...not the amps.

I'm sorry its still not right, I'll be speaking to TB tomorrow.

Rob

Rob,

I hope that you do not think for one second that any of this is a criticism of you. Unless you are also the club electrician, of course!

Brett
22-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Rob, just to let you know, I can hardly hear you in the Arthur as well.

Mal Come Ally Son
22-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Why can't SJ install personal headsets on the back of each seat so we can all set the volumes level we individually feel comfortable with. It works on planes so the technology is alreay there.

Scroatey
23-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Maybe we can have movies too for when things get dull!

Beanie
23-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by selhurst
Well, I'm in the Holmesdale Lower, and I can safely say that there hasn't been any tannoy announcements this season. If there had of been, I'm sure I would have heard them.

The only announcements I tend not to hear in the Holmesdale Lower block F are the Palace goalscorers, when there is actually some noise.

Obvious problem is that people have different levels of hearing - but how it is dealt with who knows. It does seem that aren't many speakers meaning that if you sit near one you must be deafened and if a long way off you hear nothing. Would more speakers help?

Also, if Brett is right and volume was cut due to complaints that isn't poor customer service - it's a response to complainats. If they've cut it too far I'd say, have people who can't hear contacted the club? They could turn them up a bit.

Dorking .Eagle
23-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Terribly mumbled in the Holmesdale Upper tier - you cannot hear a word
I'm not too fussed about team line ups, but what if there is an emergency evacuation needed?????
(And I can't hear the lucky programme number for the half time challenge)

greybot
23-09-2003, 11:35 AM
I thought they were using it to scare off the pigeons 'cause I sure as hell couldn't work out what was coming out of it.

N Herts Eagle
23-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I AGREE IT IS TOTALLY INAUDIBLE .....

The emergency bit is probably crucial I cannot believe that a Safety Certicate would be issued for Selhurst Park with the speakers in the Holmesdale being in the state they are in they are totally inaudible. If there was a emergency evacuation would anyone hear which way to go or to avoid.The club are putting all of those in the stand at risk and I am sure if someone complained that the Holmesdale would be shut until it was sorted.