PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Kember... out?!

Russboy
27-09-2003, 04:00 PM
I like SK - the guy is 100% Palace and that counts for a lot in my book. However I think its time to look at the bigger picture, and sadly this season against the bigger boys in this division (plus Bradford - hmmm) we are coming off a consistent second best. We have the players - the team hasn't totally changed since the (all too short) Bruce reign, so can SK get them to perform, or is it time for a change? As far as I'm concerned season is over (maybe a Cup run if we're lucky) so what next? I'm also getting a bit tired of these 'the lads are really up for it' comments from SK after another last minute reverse - they should all be feeling like the rest of us - in bits. Jordan left it too long with Smith and Francis - will he make the same mistake again?

I can see him becoming 'Director of Football' or whatever (unlike Francis whose only function at any football team, let alone Palace, should be limited to handing out the HT oranges, I don't want to see SK gone), but who to bring in? The list isn't too long of potential candidates.. Tony Adams anyone?

RDSdaEAGLE
27-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Please do shut up.

The Omen
27-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Join the other thread.

We only need one.

Ben H
27-09-2003, 04:22 PM
:S:

bananaman
27-09-2003, 04:30 PM
its not the manager to be realistic we have average players in this division
we need a clear out & let kember sign his own players have a season with his own team... symons, fleming, derry, aki, smith & berthelin you can go on & on they are all average IMO

Shipp Ahoy!
27-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Simon Jordan had Kember and Bullivent in the middle of the pitch after the game slamming into them pointing out different areas of the pitch. Doesn't sound like a happy bunny :(

Russboy
27-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Maybe but what about Reading last year? Pardew got them comfortably into the playoffs with a sow's ear of a squad. Warncock at Shef Utd - a few good players but the rest average IMO - we did it with Bruce so why not know?

limited_edition
27-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Simon Jordan had Kember and Bullivent in the middle of the pitch after the game slamming into them pointing out different areas of the pitch. Doesn't sound like a happy bunny :( So, Jordan's setting out the tactics for the West Ham game, then.

pete eagle
27-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Where's Stevie gone?

Ernie Yard
28-09-2003, 09:58 AM
One thing is blatantly clear - he is out of his depth.

I saw Palace at Norwich last year and we were absolutely dire. Couldn't get a ticket for yesterday but sounded from the commentary that, almost a year later, we were even worse.

We are going backwards and I can't see how that trend is going to be reversed.

I've been loyal for 45 years but this time I really feel the situation is desparate.

ozeagle
28-09-2003, 10:04 AM
a band aid fix, for a wound that needs stitches..
we're seeping....blood....fast
oxo jordan, let's hope we can get the new abramovich in..quickly
:D

andy stephen
28-09-2003, 10:17 AM
just read the biggest pile of rubbish in my life
what is it with you people.
kember has inherited the francis leftovers and you people expect it to change overnight.
the simple fact is the players are not good enough and no manager can change that.
another point under bruce the games we won to go top with the exception of wolves away were the very sort of matches we were winning to go top after 3 games. this season.
we still lost to likes of forest under bruce.
another point we did not have the same players.
where are morrison,kirovski and gray.
leve kember alone he is doing a good job with limited resourses and if all games this season were 85 minutes long our position wuld be a lot higher.

Gladys Allover
28-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by andy stephen
if all games this season were 85 minutes long our position wuld be a lot higher. and if we kept 11 players on the pitch for every game we may have a chance, and if we got decent referees, and if Jordan had more money, and if Neil Warnock wasn't a w@nker, and if, and if, and if..............:(

Men At Work
28-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by andy stephen
kember has inherited the francis leftovers and you people expect it to change overnight.

Kember was part of the situation that existed under Francis. To say he was entirely blameless in that is disingenuous in the least.

ozeagle
28-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work
Kember was part of the situation that existed under Francis. To say he was entirely blameless in that is disingenuous in the least.
more educated insight from downunder...
kember is not doing well, we have not won since aug 13, and are perilously close to the drop zone,
not to mention the midweek impending thrashing
:rolleyes: