PDA

View Full Version : Play Watson at West Ham Campaign

75points
27-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Our season turns at West Ham if Watson gets a start - the only creative midfielder of note in the club must be given the opportnuity to supply Freedman and AJ at the academy.

SK age is irrelevant ask Kenny Samson .

Ben H
27-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Kenny Samson's 45. We can't play him.;)

Adam_Eagle
27-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Do you think Mr SK cares what this has to say. He has his mind set and his own views. Plus he sees every one in traing, and with such varied and ficle views on the bbs how would he know which ones to take on board or not.

Ben H
27-09-2003, 08:14 PM
That weren't a bad guess actually seeing as he turned 45 yesterday:)

oz_da II
27-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Kenny Samson's 45. We can't play him.;)

He'd probably still put a few of our clowns to shame.

Ben H
27-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Adam_Eagle
Do you think Mr SK cares what this has to say. He has his mind set and his own views. Plus he sees every one in traing, and with such varied and ficle views on the bbs how would he know which ones to take on board or not.

That's one good post from you now. Time for bed I think.

glaziers fan
27-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I think Hughes needs to be dropped for Watson. I'm a big fan of Hughes but he is just playing sooo deep. He is wasted playing in the team if he cant be bothered to go forward.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
I think Hughes needs to be dropped for Watson. I'm a big fan of Hughes but he is just playing sooo deep. He is wasted playing in the team if he cant be bothered to go forward.

So we may well have not signed Hughes at all!

Ben H
27-09-2003, 09:03 PM

You really do post the most amount of shite.

Perhaps he's playing where he's told to play? So let's just drop him shall we, despite the fact that you think he's a good player. Let's drop him and play someone less good in that deep position:rolleyes:

pedro
27-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Adam_Eagle
U do not need to go to training each day to know that a Palace team with Watson in it would be stronger than one without him.

pedro
27-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
So we may well have not signed Hughes at all!
If only!

pedro
27-09-2003, 09:06 PM
I think Hughes needs to be dropped for Watson.
You've got my vote! :p

glaziers fan
27-09-2003, 09:38 PM

Perhaps he's playing where he's told to play? So let's just drop him shall we, despite the fact that you think he's a good player. Let's drop him and play someone less good in that deep position:rolleyes:

I think Aki and Derry are better than him in the holding role. I think Hughes is the best attacking midfielder at the club

PalaceFan in Alabama
27-09-2003, 10:19 PM

Did you read your post after this comment?

Let's drop him and play someone less good in that deep position:rolleyes: maybe worse or worst ;)

BVB Bob
28-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by pedro
U do not need to go to training each day to know that a Palace team with Watson in it would be stronger than one without him.

But on yesterdays performance one "better" midfielder is no use if the rest of the team round him can't utilise him. We are in dire need of a kick up the proverbial.

wedgetail
28-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by BVB Bob
. We are in dire need of a kick up the proverbial.
paging Mr. Dowie

Gerry from Sussex
28-09-2003, 11:37 AM
If we want an attacking midfield instead of a holding one then surely Watson AND Hughes would be the best combination.

Diggers digs in?
28-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Regardless of who plays where around him, Watson needs to play as he's the only one who can create, hold up the ball and spread the play. He's the perfect foil for the three amigos up front. Although counting Shipperley as an "Amigo" may be going a little too far, but still...

BringBackSasa
28-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Watson is our best central midfielder by a mile.

Sir.S.C Remembered
28-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Gotta agree. Dat boy gotta play

cdm61
29-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Watson is top class, his dropping from the team has coincided with our poor run of form, we must play our best side Wednesday and that includes young Ben!

Gladys Allover
29-09-2003, 09:42 AM
I think Hughes needs to be dropped for Watson. Totally agree. Derry & Watson for me :p

nookiebear
29-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but why was Watson not on the bench on Saturday?

Riccardo
29-09-2003, 01:15 PM
WATSON AND ROUTLEDGE HAVE TO START !!!!!

nookiebear
29-09-2003, 01:16 PM
yes I know that Ricardo :) but why was Watson not even a sub?

Ian of Chatham
30-09-2003, 10:06 AM
This has probably been posted elsewhere by now but Watson had flu according to the BBC Website and missed the Norwich game.

Mind you some of you might well interpret that as "He flu straight home from Norwich when he found he wasn't even sub."

adrenalin john
30-09-2003, 10:18 AM
I too agree that it would be good to see Watson start and I als agree that Hughes plays too deep. However I feel the real root of the problem is we defend way too deep.

Instead of defending so deep and giving Hughes the ball to bring out of defence. He should be further upfield and Mullins should step up to make the extra man. I am no great tatician but I feel it is the only positive way to play if we have 3 at the back doing nothing when we are in possession, and it is not like Mullins hasn't got the proverbial 'engine' to cope with the extra legwork.

Gazza2
30-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Watson has got the flu

DocSavage
30-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I don't care who plays so long as we play well and this bunch are on song

http://www.the-lights.com/spdance/hammerettes.htm