PDA

View Full Version : Could the BBS Help Find a Billionairre Backer

richdeniro
28-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Judging by a lot of the current threads that are knocking about the Palace discussion bit of the bbs it seems that many people here would like to see the club with a new owner who might be able to get things right. My reasons for wanting to see the back of Jordan are from having worked at CPFC and seeing things just go from bad to worse behind the scenes. Having worked there in some capacity from 1997 until July 2003, I would have to say that the SJ era is by far the worst internally at the club.

Anyway the whole point of this thread is to see whether we could attract a billionairre owner to buy Palace and maybe what is currently happening at Stamford Bridge could happen to Palace. Wasn't there that Venezualan billionairre who wanted to buy Villa but it all fell through, perhaps he could be convinced to buy Palace.

What I need is the bbs to give me ideas of what to say in letters to billionairres around the world that could make them invest in Palace, i.e. have the potential to be the biggest club in South London, huge catchment area of support (south-east england), plenty of land around the croydon area to build a super stadium...mention the transport links around croydon, the fact the club is in London & there probably aren't many london clubs up for grabs, just 1 season from the premiership, etc, etc. Even write the letters yourself and I will take the best parts from each and merge them together.

It would also be handy if anyone could provide me with names of some billionairres...i will find out the name of this venezualan who tried to buy Villa, I also understand that there are a few other Russian billionairres looking to invest into football clubs.

James
28-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Dream on...

.. and read the "Common Palace fallacies" thread.

Pistike
28-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Oryol knows that bloke who bought Chelsea, maybe next time they are eating bed and dripping and drinking vodka together he can show him the where he went wrong.

PhilD
I wouldn't want Palace to be like Chelsea just buying success. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome some investment, just not on such a ridiculous level!

Ben H
:D

GekkoVsFox
28-09-2003, 05:08 PM
The scary thing is that I don't think our problem really is money - just look at clubs like Sheff Utd, Cardiff and Wigan who are just buzzing at the moment.

Its that something extra that you need for success and it is ultimately more fun than throwing money left, right and centre.

Al From Bromley
28-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I emailed Paul Allen of Microsoft when Paalce were in administration, told him that he should invest in a football team called the eagles playing in red, white and blue. It fell on deaf ears.

Brett
28-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Russia's red, white and blue.

Probably didn't want to finance those damn commies.

LLCOOLSTEVE
28-09-2003, 06:48 PM
I know a willing investor.....but thats about it.

Brett
28-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
I know a willing investor.....but thats about it.

I wonder if Neckinger Eagle will tear into you for this comment (or it could just be a personal vendetta against me)?

AndyStreet
28-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Right I'll make this real simple. Investors are capitalists. Capitalists like profits and return on their investment. If they did not they would be philanthropists. There are better charitable causes than a football club, and there are a million wiser investments than Crystal Palace. Let's get real people.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
28-09-2003, 07:47 PM
James or Nobby or both. They have lots of money that's just simply spare.

JamieBcpfc
28-09-2003, 07:50 PM
anyone on the BBS a millionaire
come on, get out of the closet

Skin Up
28-09-2003, 07:59 PM
A future Palace owner would not have to have billions.

He or She would simply have to be competant.

Norwich are a good example of a well run club of our size who seem to be going places without spunking millions up the wall.

paulhgc2002
28-09-2003, 08:07 PM
RICHARD BRANSON ..............springs to mind ...its the one thing that he does not have one of his fingers in the pie ....... his company was our shirt sponsor back in the day and would be a great PR stunt .........:lux: :lux: