PDA

View Full Version : Jordan In!

Gladys Allover
28-09-2003, 09:43 PM
"I’m sorry to keep hammering home this fact, but this Club is simply not saleable. If Jordan walks out tomorrow (something that could happen, believe me) we are sunk. “Jordan out” campaigns, whilst understandable, and completely pointless."

This was posted by James earlier on and has got to be the scariest, most honest, thought provoking, worrying and doom casting statement i have read on the BBS for a while. This sums up the biggest of pictures as far as all Palace fans are concerned and has scared the bejesus out of me!

When you hear reports that the only man likely to keep Palace afloat is berating his management team on the pitch and getting to the end of his tether with people at the club it really is time to worry. :(

If I were in his shoes, reading my very sick looking bank statements and happened to log onto the BBS to read what some fans are writing about me I would throw my whole lot in. Let's hope he doesn't as I don't fancy spending my Saturday afternoons being dragged round Selfridges by the other half in place of riding the best roller coaster in the world ever!

Ade55
28-09-2003, 10:01 PM
well said!!!

people gotta wake up - no one else would touch palace with a barge pole - i certainly wouldnt and i love palace!!!

so simon stick with us were certainly due some luck

LLCOOLSTEVE
28-09-2003, 10:02 PM
:S:

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
28-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Ah but you are making the mistake of assuming that he gives a poo what we say... I know exactly what you mean, what if his stay-or-go decision was made on the back of a bit of late internet surfing... and we were all slagging him off... we might kick ourselves later... especially when he does his 'imbecile' exit speech ;)

Your concern is very noble (am I a patronising 'cove' or what ;)) but you can't read these bloody boards with an imaginary Jordans head looking over your shoulder... god knows I've done it many a time putting myself in the shoes of players, managers, chairmen etc. etc.

At the end of the day it is not our worry... let them eat cake.

Mal Come Ally Son
29-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels

At the end of the day it is not our worry... let them eat cake.

Obviously they all have. Lots of it - especially Shipps

29-09-2003, 04:41 AM
I did personally stand up at a Fans' Forum last season and ask Mr SJ himself to his face if he read this Bulletin Board, and although it was sometime ago, I recall he said that:" I used to but it was so hurtful that I stopped and now I don't." Manager at the time was a relatively new Trevor Francis. So I don't suppose SJ has suddenly started again to peruse these fine Boards.
I cannot in my whole life recall any previous Palace fans demanding that the Chairman of our Club should in some way go. When I first started supporting our club back in 1966/7 and we were in the then 2nd/now 3rd Division, no-one ever questioned the ownership of our club. Ever. I was lucky, because I was started as a Palace fan just as our club was beginning to move places, having been stuck in Division Three (South) for the previous 80 years, and one of the players involved at that time was a certain Stevie Kember. I personally, and my cousin Paul agreed, in our post-match analysis on our way back to Auntie Eileen's in Gresham Road for some tip-top tea, thought he was pretty big time pants as a player, and that someone who knew how to kick a football around using his feet and a brain could have been doing us a bigger favour than Kember.
Now, 35-odd years later this person comes back to haunt me. We might, if we're lucky, survive relegation this year, but there is no way whatsoever in this galaxy or another, that Steve Kember will take this club any further than it is right now tonight, other than down, because he is basically not up to it, just like he was an extremely mediocre player as well. Which don't mean to say he ain't a nice geezer, blah-de-blag-de-blah. And it doesn't mean I am demanding his head on the block. Just some realism. Kember will keep us from being relegated, just like he did for a few years as a player (mind you that was mainly thanks to McCormack and Jackson). But we won't be doing Play-Offs or even anywhere near it under Kember. Kember is indeed Palace, and as such any self-respecting Palace fan must put priorities first and No.1 is Don't Get Relegated. Kember will stop us from being relegated...on the last day/last game/ thank you Huddersfield( Who beat Leeds the other day, which we didn't do). That's Kember.

Gladys Allover
29-09-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
I know exactly what you mean, what if his stay-or-go decision was made on the back of a bit of late internet surfing... I am sure he doesn't sail the "good ship BBS" and really the point i am trying to make is that there are a lot of other issues that will make him think twice about continuing his tenure of the club. Fat players, blistered players, lazy players who he pays a small fortune to perform for the club yet appear to be less than 100% committed to the cause. Why can't his manager get them to perform?

Why should he continue to pump money in as some people believe he should out of duty when he isn't getting 100% committment from his staff. He is slowly weeding out the worst offenders (Kolinko, Granville, Gray etc) and looks to have improved in his role as Chairman immeasurably from a couple of years ago.

If this is the case, combined with him effectively providing our life support machine, surely we need him to stay? :confused:

Pub Idol
29-09-2003, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gladys Allover
[B]"I’m sorry to keep hammering home this fact, but this Club is simply not saleable. If Jordan walks out tomorrow (something that could happen, believe me) we are sunk. “Jordan out” campaigns, whilst understandable, and completely pointless."

These sort of quotes seem to materialise a lot more when were losing;)

Aki Aki Aki
29-09-2003, 07:46 AM
Jordan has made mistakes but without him this club would not exist, it is as simple as that. Going forward, it looks as though without him this club will not exist - again it is as simple as that. People may say this that and the other about him and that is the reason for having this excellent site. Jordan has the sense to realise that if he were to look on here he would be pretty shocked at some of the comments (certainly not all) but at the same time realises that people will always criticise the running of their football club. C'est la vie!! Everyone is entitled to their views, Jordan has the sense to ignore them (he has to). He is and always will be Palace through and through and for that we must all be grateful. Otherwise..... :eek: :sob:

Richard
29-09-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't necessarily share this concern over Simon Jordan. He is a young man who came in and "Gave it large" about his own abilities and intentions for the club. As chairman he takes responsibility for the position the club is in and, as owner, he either makes or loses money as a result. Some of his actions have been laudable (the desire to do what's best for Palace and the commercial drive/sales techniques), other less so (his public utterances, appointment of managers and general people management).

He is not in any position to blame others, especially the small proportion of the club's supporters who discuss and debate issues on an internet website, because they are amongst his most loyal customers.

If Jordan were to decide to call it a day (and, as far as I'm aware it is a big "if" at present), then we would discover how much he cared about this club he professes so much about. If he were to cover the debts he has incurred (bank overdraft and other creditors etc.) then he could walk away with honour, as someone who tried hard, put a lot of money where his mouth was (probably in proportion) but realised he coudn't achieve what he wanted. If he walked away and left the club in the lurch, then I'm afraid most of his previous pronouncements about what he wanted for the club would be seen to be hot air.