PDA

View Full Version : Kember must stay!

davematt
02-10-2003, 07:27 AM
I am normally quite quick to get on a managers back, but sacking kember COULD lead to disaster.

He needs time and support from everyone at the club to suceed. He at least deserves the whole of this season to prove himself. Am I right in believing that Sir Steve Coppell first season was a bad one, but he turned into one of our greatest managers. Kemeber is lacking experience, but he will learn from his maistakes. We WILL not get relegated, because we WILL turn things around. After saturday, win or loss, we have a 10 day break before Derby at home. That will give Kember time to work with the players and get the likes of Shipps, Powell, Berthalin, Freedman, and Pops fully fit. I just hope SJ see's it like that because we know that sacking Kember in the next few weeks wouldnt be beyond him.

IW_Eagle
02-10-2003, 07:30 AM
I agree, whats the point of sacking him now. the point about Coppell is correct, look at Sir Alex!?

Jim Cannons Moustache
02-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by davematt
We WILL not get relegated, because we WILL turn things around.

Yes we will, no we won't. not the way its looking right now.

and so what if we just scrape clear of relegation? are we supposed to be happy with that?

davematt
02-10-2003, 07:35 AM
We are going to turn this around. Relegation is not an option, and come March when we have a settled side and are comfortably in the top half of the table, we will all be smiling again. I admit, last night was pathetic, and it cant get any worse, so thats one good thing already.

AJ1969
02-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Nope, he needs to go, now !!!!

davematt
02-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by AJ1969

If we sack him now, then relegation could be possible.

winners
02-10-2003, 07:39 AM
what a pile of turd - why dont we only give managers 8 games to prove themselves and then change them, my god, have you ever thought the manager deserves a chace, and by a chance, i mean a season!

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
02-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by AJ1969

This was always my concern, a hero to me, havinmg watched him as a 17yr old, "Mr Palace". I knew when he was appointed it would come to this, which is why I didnt want him to be Manager...somemone thats given many years to the screaming alice is then hounded out...I dont blame the "SK out" brigade, in fact I probablyagree 'cos he wasn't the right choice, but he needs time, and I certainly wont be vociferous against him...the team yes...but not Mr Palace.

Cleon
02-10-2003, 07:41 AM
I agree, Kember must be given a chance. But he has to make changes, including the abandonment of his beloved 3-4-3 formation. Yesterday we had all the possession, but few real clear cut chances, which is symptomatic of our play all season, and more disturbingly, a reoccurance of our old problems under Francis.

4-4-2 must be given a good chance, because it'll allow us the additional overlapping on the wings that is missing from our play. At the moment we are struggling to do anything down the wings.

Cleon's prescription?

GK Betherlin (unless we can get somebody better on loan)
LB Borrowdale
RB Butterfield
CB Powell
CB Popovic (Mullins until his return)
LW Hughes (or Gray)
RW Routledge
CM Watson
CM Mullins (Aki until Popovic's return)
ST Freedman
ST Johnson

Subs bench for the rest.

BaldEagle96
02-10-2003, 07:42 AM
The difference between Kember and Coppell though is that Coppell was a young up and coming manager who had recently been forced to retire from the game. Kember is a much older person been in the background for donkeys years and surley if he had so much potential then he would have been given his chance long ago. Not just now when we needed someone on the cheap.

I am not saying we should get rid of him - more that to compare the two just don't work in my books!

pedro
02-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Kember must stay.....sober if he has any chance of getting his formation right. What on earth pssessed him to play Derry wide left last night? Was he worried about the rampaging runs of well known wing back Tomas Repka! Far too negative, he should have started Routledge out there and you would have probably seen him sent off within half an hour and then it would be game on.

Lenny
02-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by winners
what a pile of turd - why dont we only give managers 8 games to prove themselves and then change them, my god, have you ever thought the manager deserves a chace, and by a chance, i mean a season!

Maybe we should just employ managers on 8 game rolling contracts? :moo:

Disco
02-10-2003, 07:44 AM
I don't generaly think managers are given enough time to turn things around you can't buy overnight success on a shoestring budget.

But we need to do something cos with us being fifth from bottom, unable to beat anyone above us and having played three of the teams below us we could be in trouble!

AJ1969
02-10-2003, 07:46 AM

We'd probably be doing better than we are now with NO manager. Kember will be gone soon, mark my words, and hopefully Jordan will once more demonstrate his intolerance to incompetent staff.

KEMBER OUT !! NOW !!

BaldEagle96
02-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Jordan chooses the manager though - so a lot/most of the blame must lie at his door!!

GUCCI Eagle
02-10-2003, 07:51 AM
I don't like managers who throw their toys out of the pram and don't speak to the press after the game. I find it highly suspicious.

pallet
02-10-2003, 07:53 AM
He must be given more time, OK we are on a bad run but a few decent wins and we will be back up there.Or is this just like the Smith season?

Harry Holmesdale
02-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Gary Borrowdale (left footer) on the bench Jamie Smith (right footer) playing left back/wing back

Wayne Routledge, a winger, comes on to provided crosses so who makes way Neil Shipperlery

......has Kember been at the gin again ?

olreagle
02-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
Gary Borrowdale (left footer) on the bench Jamie Smith (right footer) playing left back/wing back

Wayne Routledge, a winger, comes on to provided crosses so who makes way Neil Shipperlery

No, just taking lessons from Claudio 'Tinkerman' Ranieri.....:rolleyes:

we_8_brighton
02-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
I agree, Kember must be given a chance. But he has to make changes, including the abandonment of his beloved 3-4-3 formation. Yesterday we had all the possession, but few real clear cut chances, which is symptomatic of our play all season, and more disturbingly, a reoccurance of our old problems under Francis.

4-4-2 must be given a good chance, because it'll allow us the additional overlapping on the wings that is missing from our play. At the moment we are struggling to do anything down the wings.

Too right. This formation just isn't working, playing Derry on the left wing is a joke. if he does presist in playing this formation it has to be Borrowdale playing here as he's the only natural player for this position.

Men At Work
02-10-2003, 08:08 AM
This is Kember's third season involved as part of the first team. He is not new to this because he has had influence for so long. Without SB and TF to provide the cover it shows just what direction that influence takes.

Management career :

1982 - did well to keep us in the division
2000 - did enough and got lucky in 2 games
2001 - pretty awful in 6 games
2002 - bloody awful post TF
2003 - ••••••• awful

Spot a pattern emerging? This is giving me a feeling of the Smith season all over again. At least we'll do well in the cups.

BaldEagle96
02-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Does Kember really have a clue about tactics though. I mean the formations he puts out seem to me ridiculous when we do not have the players to play them.

West Ham were given the wide midfields and we had no one there to combat them!!!!

Trolley
02-10-2003, 08:15 AM
The fact remains that whilst we are all thoroughly disappointed and dejected with our current "Plight", there is NO question whatsoever of "Mr Kember's" position being in jeopardy so we should banish ALL thoughts that "Wor Steve" will be shown the door in the foreseeable future.

Like it or loathe it, "Mr Kember" will be in situ for a while yet, unless "Mr Jordan" has a complete change of "Heart" which at this juncture seems highly unlikely.

Sheppy Eagle
02-10-2003, 08:17 AM
1st to 20th in 7 games tells its own story. Unfortunately I was at Upton Park last night. Our performance was nothing short of shocking. Thank god for the fans who sang there hearts out for the team which is more than can be said for the West Ham fans. The team lacked ability, passion, and commitment against an oridinary West Ham side. Kember has turn it around and quickly but I'm not sure how he's going to do it.
West Ham nice ground but nightmare to get home from. I loved the fact that we had to queue a mile down some housing estate and then walk back the same way to catch a tube. Nuff said I'm very depressed this morning

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 08:19 AM
He's had more than a few games though, hasn't he? In one respect or another SK has been involved with the first team for 3/4? years. During that time, managers have come and gone, but what is consistent is that we have a) underperformed and b) had SK as assistant or coach.

He was the cheap choice, but the wrong choice. He's clueless I'm afraid and doesn't have the bollox to go against any senior players. I'd rather the team managed themselves I'm afraid.

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 08:20 AM
And then I go and read Men at Works post, which is pretty much the same thing.

DougleMcNori
02-10-2003, 08:21 AM
Despite the pain im feeling today i think Kember should stay but not for some of the reasons above - i think he owes us - he has got us in the s.hit and he should roll up his sleeves and dig us out of it as well - STARTING SATURDAY - if we lose to Cardiff then Jordon will weild the axe

wedgetail
02-10-2003, 08:21 AM
I am normally quite quick to get on a managers back, but sacking kember COULD lead to disaster..............
...as against leaving him there WILL be a disaster.

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 08:25 AM
I'm surpised in myself that I feel more strongly that Kember should leave than I did about Francis. Infact, I think it was Alan Smith who last had me feeling this way, and in many ways the situation seems similar. Neither appeared to have a clue, both played players out of position for peculiar reasons. OH god. :(

Trolley
02-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Sheppy Eagle
1st to 20th in 7 games tells its own story.

At this juncture last season we were placed in "16th" position in the table and it is clear that the "Kember Honeymoon" is well and truly over.

I fear that should we go behind against "Cardiff" and eventually be defeated the "Boos" will reach a crescendo with perhaps cries of "Kember Out" ringing out from all corners of the stadia.

We are certainly in "Pitchy Seas" and "Capsizing" at pace.

EagleSE24
02-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Was Kember there when SB was manger? I can't remember. If he was he should take a couple of leaves out of the pr*ck's management book and get us playing like we were then.
I know we're missing a few players from then but it wasn't that long ago that we were playing champagne football.

Clapham Grand
02-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Kember will be sacked if we lose on Saturday

Trolley
02-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Kember will be sacked if we lose on Saturday

That is certainly NOT the impression that my good self has been given.
;)

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
[We are certainly in "Pitchy Seas" and "Capsizing" at pace. [/B]

How do you capsize slowly?

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Was at the game last night and still depressed this morning, but it is pointless constantly changing the manager. Give the man time.

Neil the Eagle
02-10-2003, 08:57 AM
So where is the money coming from for a replacement? Or are we going to appoint Paul Holden?

It seems clear that SJ will spend no more money on new faces, those that came in close season have been "under the counter" deals which I suspect cost very little.

Clapham Grand
02-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle

It seems clear that SJ will spend no more money on new faces, those that came in close season have been "under the counter" deals which I suspect cost very little.

This is a very important point. Clearly SJ is not willing to bring in any new players, permanent or on loan. It is so infuriating to see players like Andy Morrell (who so many on here wanted) getting into his stride at a club which was meant to have less money than Palace (if that's possible).

However comes in will have to work with no money, that is why I think Ian Dowie, given the miracles he has performed at Oldham, is the only man for the job

Scroatey
02-10-2003, 09:02 AM
I think Kember has a finite shelf-life regardless of Jordan's financial situation, which would obviously be much worse in the 2nd Division. However I don't think Kember's time is up just yet, nor do I think we will face a relegation battle this season.

Maybe another 5 games without a win would see him out the door, but that isn't how the results will fall.

The only way is up, afterall!

Maz
02-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Scroatey
The only way is up, afterall! Bloody optimist! :(

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 09:11 AM
He has got to go before its too late otherwise we'll have a repeat of the season tickets on the pitch fiasco come the end of the season, no doubt. I have made my feelings known on the West Ham away thread and can't be arsed to do it again here.

Panther
02-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ClintsCrackPipe
I'd rather the team managed themselves I'm afraid.

One of my concerns is that they already are.

rhiannapaul
02-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Christ give him more time SK has the same team basicaly as last year
he has no money to buy replacements lost players like Gray and Adebola
using some kids who have shown that they carn't cut it yet ie williams..watson
Jordon needs to put his hand in his pocket and throw SK a bone at least..
4 players would be good but realistically a defender and a midfielder..

arussell
02-10-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I really can't see any reason to agree with the title of this thread.

Kember is clearly out of his depth.

IF he was any good at all - as I have said before, don't you think a lower league club would have tried to get him before now ?

He was only appointed because it was the cheap option. After the games where he and "Bully" took charge (before Francis joined) and the end of season performances last year, I was hoping that they would provide the final nail in the coffin needed for NOT putting the two of them in charge.

Their team selections and tactics are baffling, they don't inspire the players, and decisions such as the continual omission of Williams from the squad and not playing our only left sided defender (Borrowdale) are bizarre to say the least.

Last night we had THREE (!) defenders on the bench.

WHY

There was no option of being able to bring someone on that could change things (Routledge came on far too late and should be in the side not on the bench), and SK's odd continual late substitution of Borrowdale for Smith when we are losing, is tired, predictable and showing a man lacking in ideas.

There's no leadership, passion or commitment from anyone, and to be honest I am baffled as to why certain section of our crowd chant Kember's name, when the team under him are producing football equivalent to anything as bad as the worst moments under Smith or Francis.

Normally I am the last person to be calling for a change of manager, as we have had far too many of them over the last ten years, but this is one time where clearly things are not working and a broom is needed (player wise in some instances as well).

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Worse than Alan Smith I'm afraid.

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by arussell
I'm sorry, but I really can't see any reason to agree with the title of this thread.

Kember is clearly out of his depth.

IF he was any good at all - as I have said before, don't you think a lower league club would have tried to get him before now ?

He was only appointed because it was the cheap option. After the games where he and "Bully" took charge (before Francis joined) and the end of season performances last year, I was hoping that they would provide the final nail in the coffin needed for NOT putting the two of them in charge.

Their team selections and tactics are baffling, they don't inspire the players, and decisions such as the continual omission of Williams from the squad and not playing our only left sided defender (Borrowdale) are bizarre to say the least.

Last night we had THREE (!) defenders on the bench.

WHY

There was no option of being able to bring someone on that could change things (Routledge came on far too late and should be in the side not on the bench), and SK's odd continual late substitution of Borrowdale for Smith when we are losing, is tired, predictable and showing a man lacking in ideas.

There's no leadership, passion or commitment from anyone, and to be honest I am baffled as to why certain section of our crowd chant Kember's name, when the team under him are producing football equivalent to anything as bad as the worst moments under Smith or Francis.

Normally I am the last person to be calling for a change of manager, as we have had far too many of them over the last ten years, but this is one time where clearly things are not working and a broom is needed (player wise in some instances as well).

I agree with every word and sentiment, above.

pedro
02-10-2003, 09:29 AM
and if we don't it is inevitable! SK is Alicia Silverstone in disguise, he is Clueless!

RednBlue
02-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Totally agree with everything Alan has said.

last night we were shown up for what we are by a well organised team, who,by the end of the game, had completely dismantled us and left us for dead. I came away more depressed than I've been since Alan Smith, and this is only eleven games into the season.
What is there to look forward to? We're about 5 good players short - two at the back, two midfield and an effective striker (six if you count another goalkeeper) with no money forthcoming; players out of position and tactically short of ideas.
It's not just Kember, the whole show is falling apart.

And this is from someone whose glass is usually half full!!! :(

SARN
02-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Although last night (apart from the singing) was completely demoralising (to put it mildly) I think Kember should stay - but he needs to get rid of any complacency/familiarity he has with the players and be more of a "boss" - he needs to lay the law firmly down with the shambles he currently has created out of a team which, on paper, should be right up there challenging with the likes of Sheff Utd/West Brom.
Incidentally, my neighbour who was with me at the game last night works for a plumbing company who apparently have or have had an exec box and one of the employees told my neighbour that Kember was told by Jordan that if we aren't in the top 6 by Xmas then Kember must resign - Jordan would not sack him as "the fans would crucify me" - wouldn't normally post a rumour and its probably a load of cack but thoughts anyonone?

Men At Work
02-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by RednBlue
Totally agree with everything Alan has said.

So do I which is a pretty good indicator that we must be in a crisis.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Jordan the problem not Kember, he has no money to bring in players and no money to pay players on loan. The support was excellent last night and a credit to every Palace fan there. My mate is a West Ham fan and he said that was the best away support he had seen for years. So keep up the good work we are the No 1 fans in the country.
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ships is back
Jordan the problem not Kember, he has no money to bring in players and no money to pay players on loan. The support was excellent last night and a credit to every Palace fan there. My mate is a West Ham fan and he said that was the best away support he had seen for years. So keep up the good work we are the No 1 fans in the country.
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JORDAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er, hello. Who do you suggest will replace Jordan and take on a club that is losing money currently and by the sounds of it would lose MORE if you had your way?

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 10:01 AM
I am trying to find positives after what I saw last night, but it's proving hard

The formation is wrong, wrong, wrong - infact, I could not work out for the life of me if what the formation was last night. Was it 4-4-2? 4-3-3? 3-4-3? I really don't think the players know either

Derry seemed to be playing wide left, Aki wide right, last night. Derry didn't do badly, considering.

Jamie Smith is simply appalling since his injury, and is not helped by being played out of position. He let Mellor go free three times in about 2 minutes, and we were lucky to only concede one goal from it. Poor old Cedric- it doesn't really matter how many wonder saves he pulls off, because the braying donkeys in front of him seem determined to gift the opposition 3-4 chances every game. it could have been 6-0 last night if our keeper hadn't played well. And West Ham were bloody average.

Where are our wingers? I've seen more width in an anorexic supermodel then our team. As usual, as soon as Routledge came on, you sensed he can create things - he excites when he's got the ball, but Kember leaves him on the bench until we're getting stuffed

Not playing Borrowdale, Routledge, Watson and Williams is nothing short of scandalous now. If it is true Kember has fallen out with Watson and won't play him then he is cutting off his nose to spite his face - watson was dropped after playing well in every game all season and scoring a blinder at Millwall. If I was the kid I'd be really pissed off.

If we lose on Saturday, which we will, Kember has to go, along with Bullivant, and should be replaced with Dowie, who will probably be looking for a job soon when Oldham go bust.

But knowing Jordan he'll wait until it's too late and then employ some loser like Peter Reid

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 10:04 AM
If we win the next 3 games, (like we did at the start of the season) would everyone here who wants SK to go change their minds?

Not a criticsim a genuien question.

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm surpised in myself that I feel more strongly that Kember should leave than I did about Francis. Infact, I think it was Alan Smith who last had me feeling this way, and in many ways the situation seems similar. Neither appeared to have a clue, both played players out of position for peculiar reasons. OH god. :(

Good post, totally agree

After what Kember told us at the Fans Forum in May, I feel let down, disappointed that basically we're playing exactly the same as last season, worse in fact.

Which I think suggests Francis wasn't as bad as a lot of people make out

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by adrenalin john
If we win the next 3 games, (like we did at the start of the season) would everyone here who wants SK to go change their minds?

Not a criticsim a genuien question.

No, I would still want him to go. Because over the course of the season I am convinced that despite having signed a couple of players, we will still finish in a worse position.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Er, hello. Who do you suggest will replace Jordan and take on a club that is losing money currently and by the sounds of it would lose MORE if you had your way?

Er, hello. Speak to the staff around the ground your realise he bringing our club down. The place is a morge and that reflets back to the playing staff and managerment. I think your find there will be a change of ownership this season and dont be supprised to find that Crystal Palace will have the female chairman in England.

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm with Daddy on this one - even if we did win the next three games, itd have to be a dramatic turnaround. Winning with conviction, all the youngsters playing, unfit, out of form players dropped (which could be all of them apart from Derry, Butterfield and Cedric, at the moment)

Hughes was awful last night, as wasShipperley and Freedman - did I miss the thread where Freedman and Hughes announced their retirements from football?

I think Kember's tactics and man-mangement say a lot regarding Shipps - We've turned a 24-a-season goal machine into a fat, waddling tug-boat who hardly touches the ball and can't win a header

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Er, hello. Speak to the staff around the ground your realise he bringing our club down. The place is a morge and that reflets back to the playing staff and managerment. I think your find there will be a change of ownership this season and dont be supprised to find that Crystal Palace will have the female chairman in England.

Really....obviously you know something we don't about Jordans ownership of the club. But unless you are one of his close personal advisors or Jordan himself I don't see how you could possibly know that.

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 10:17 AM
dont be supprised to find that Crystal Palace will have the female chairman in England.

care to expand?

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Watch this space i know Mr Jordan quite well thats all i can say.

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 10:28 AM
I hate it usually when people say things like this, but...

you've only posted three times, any chance you can back up the claim without gicing things away?

And could this woman fancy Iain Dowie, by any chance? Please???! :)

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:29 AM
LOL :D :rolleyes:

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:30 AM
You'd have to know him extremely well for him to have trusted you with this information. For you to then publish it on the internet means he'll know exactly where it's come from, so I assume you can expect a phonecall from him any time now. :D:D

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Ok big clue has a Policeman Son and an old man who has quite alot of links to our club.

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 10:51 AM
No idea. If anyone does please PM me.

sook's
02-10-2003, 11:07 AM
They say that history has a habit of repeating itself, first as tragedy then as farce. In 2001, at roughly the same stage of the season, we lost to Grimsby at home one nil. Simon Jordan should have sacked Alan Smith then. However he persevered and it was only by the skin of our teeth that we survived on the last game of the season – Yes thanks to Kember in part. I’m getting old now, and really don’t fancy the prospect of sitting on the edge of my seat in April wondering what the scores are in other games around the country to see if we stay up. Sadly Steve Kember has to go, and go now.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Even if Steve was sacked how would the new manager be any different from Stevie still no money to build with we have to look at the bigger picture. Big changes will happen at Palace within the next few weeks just wait and see.

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 11:12 AM
LOL.

Many many manager throughout the league structure function and suceed with little or no money to buy players. Look in this division alone. Most clubs have no money for transfers. I'm afraid not having money is not an excuse.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 11:15 AM
OK fair enough but who do you suggest to get the best out of the players because theirs no money to spend on players.

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 11:17 AM
A manager who has proven they can do this at their former clubs.

Hello Mr Dowie. No money to spend last season but still performed miracles? Forced to sell best players this season but still getting results? Sorry, not good enough ;)

PhilD
02-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Kember has to go! Has tactics are a complete joke, he'll apparently only play 3-5-2 and will not consider changing to a 4-4-2 (which anyone can see would be more effective). The even more worrying thing is the attitude of the players, they lack the fighting spirit of other teams in this division and let their heads drop too easily. It's not good enough for Kember to say we were unlucky etc... last night although we did ok in parts it seemed evident to me that West Ham could score almost at will.

For a team to be succesful in division one the most important things are determination, fitness, team spirit and organisation. At the moment Palace seemingly have none of these and I can't see where the next win is going to come from. Perhaps Steve is just too paly with the players to make a good manager. It seems to me they need a manager who will give them an earfull when they are playing badly/not putting the effort in. I feel sorry for Steve but the team are not playing for him and we have to act quickly or the season can just be wrote off. I doubt Jordan can afford another season in the lower half with attendances continuing to dwindle.

Step forward Ian Dowie

GUCCI Eagle
02-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Pre-season and in the first few games, we looked quite good, very promising in fact. How did Kember manage to ruin it? Why is he scared of playing young players? Why does Andy Johnson run angles into blind alleys 90% of the time. Why do we get 4010002293834849402191918893838474746272829230303 corners a game and not manage to convert a single one? How does this happen? Why why why why why why why why?

Ergo, when isthe next fecking fans' forum? Questions questions

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 11:24 AM
I am affraid this all boils down to our wonderful chairman with his yes sir staff. There has to be motivation in all business and Crystal Palace as a business hasn't any.

SKATE
02-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Even if Steve was sacked how would the new manager be any different from Stevie still no money to build with

Sadly this is true.

Big changes will happen at Palace within the next few weeks just wait and see. [/B]

Without wishing to add fuel to the rumour mill fire...;) At the very beginning of the season I was told (and before you ask I cant remember by whom, but he seemed very sure of his facts) that if we were not doing well come October that SJ would pull the plug. At the time I was very dismissive of this person but now I'm not so sure. If there is someone mad enough and rich enough to take over then bring em on........Female chairman - love it :p

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
A manager who has proven they can do this at their former clubs.

Hello Mr Dowie. No money to spend last season but still performed miracles? Forced to sell best players this season but still getting results? Sorry, not good enough ;)

Dowie is one of many managers in this league and lower doing a good job on little or no resources.

Surely this must be Kember's supposed strength?? He is a coach, he knows the players well, he has been at the club a long time. He should be able to get the best out of them. If her can't, I really cannot see what use he is.

N Herts Eagle
02-10-2003, 11:36 AM
I have said I will give SK till end of October I did not think he was the right man for the job at the time and I never understood what his qualifications were for him to be given the job.... ok alright he is Mr Palace and he was cheap the trouble is the way we are playing he needs to be cheap because will be in the second division. I questioned his tatical ability the closeness to certain players which appears to make them non dropable however badly they play before he was appointed. Many on here seem to think that because he is Mr Palace that he will automatically makes him a good manager I am sorry ask Spurs fans who are celebrating the sacking of Glenn Hoddle I dont think SK has the ability the man management or the knowledge to be a good manager he has shown me nothing to suggest anything different in fact he has shown a complete lack of basic understanding Derry on the left wing Smith at left back the non playing of Williams a new manager I could even forgive as he got to know the players but with SK there is no excuses Those who wish to see SJ go because he is not releasing money for players etc need to wake up and smell the coffee that is not going to happen. The trouble is except for SB Jordan has a track record of appointing ever worse managers AS TF and SK to be honest right now I dont think I could name the worse one of the three

I renewed my season ticket only on Good Friday because I could not bear to see my beloved Palace play like they did under TF. I feel right now I should have saved the money

Men At Work
02-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SKATE
Female chairman - love it :p

Is this something to do with the Karren Brady rumour from a while back? :angel:

In business it's possible to change things markedly without throwing money around. It involves using a bit of common sense and everyone placing more importance on the well-being of the business rather than their personal agendas. I suspect we're seeing the opposite in action at the moment.

arussell
02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Off topic a little (I'm not as furious now as I was, but I stand by what I said and am tired of watching soul-less, passionless and useless football !) - I'd love Mickey Adams if he ever became available again, but I'd also be happy with Dowie (who I was hoping we'd get instead of Kember).

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
No not K.Brady not even close!

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Give us another clue!

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 11:54 AM
OK Daddy, her old man is involed in another club this is why he can not be involved with another club. Now if you don't get it from that then i cant give you anymore clues. The club is up for 5 Mill.

GUCCI Eagle
02-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Suzy Lamplugh?

SKATE
02-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Is it Mrs Noades?? Whoops he doesnt own Brentford any more does he.......... Does that nice Russian man at Chelski have a wife???

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 12:01 PM
that's probably it, SKATE :)

wedgetail
02-10-2003, 12:02 PM
I think he is talking Gold.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:02 PM
The man who was hated by us for so many years will have the last laugh.

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 12:04 PM
The clues are:

Ok big clue has a Policeman Son and an old man who has quite alot of links to our club.

her old man is involed in another club this is why he can not be involved with another club. Now if you don't get it from that then i cant give you anymore clues. The club is up for 5 Mill.

Is Ron Noades son Old Bill?

SKATE
02-10-2003, 12:04 PM
I think he is talking Gold.

Mrs Ann Summers?? All new strip will involve sequined red and blue jock straps and crop top shirts

GekkoVsFox
02-10-2003, 12:06 PM
I agree with the sentiments on here that we need a complete overhaul, but we have to be careful when we talk about new ownership. At least SJ is ambitious - what if we had a new owner like the Norwegians at Wimbledon who was happy just to sell us all out.

By the way Ships is back, if you're referring to Uncle Ron's daughter, I don't see it happening. It would be him coming back.

GekkoVsFox
02-10-2003, 12:08 PM
And for the record I wouldn't be against a return by Ron Noades - at least we used to get promoted under his charge.

wedgetail
Mrs Ann Summers?? All new strip will involve sequined red and blue jock straps and crop top shirts
Admit it, you're wishing aren't you. :)

Daddy Long
When Ships is back says old men I think he/ she means husband not father

nookiebear

bingo!

Latvian
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
I think hes gotta say, lets judge him after the next ten (easier) games and see where we are, I am concerned but lets face it if we sack him.....then what?

SKATE
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail
Admit it, you're wishing aren't you. :)

:D :p

CHERRY TREE BRB
02-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Either Jordan backs Kember with some money so we can repalce some of the dead wood we currently have in our squad, or he accepts the that Kember isnt a good enough manager and replaces him.

Ben Watson, Gareth Williams, Gary Borrowdale and wayne all must start.

Rihilahti, Derry, Smith, Symons, butterfield, Berthelin, Fleming are simply not good enough for a team supposedly mounting a promotion challenge.

gk - berthelin for now- needs replacing though

df
popovic
mullins
powell
routledge- wing back
borrowdale- wing back

mf
watson
johnson
hughes

fw
freedman
shipps ( when wayne plays ) / williams

subs
cronin, heeroo, black, butterfield, shipps/williams

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:11 PM
No not the Daughter but the lady herself will front Ronnie's return. Except it Ron is on his way back like it or not.

SKATE
02-10-2003, 12:14 PM
I hope she doesn't wear those dead animals to games like she used to......

Anyone who will reunite club with ground has got to be the only way forward.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Totally agree with you Skate we must reunite the name with the ground and not run the two as two different business. This is the only way forward.

Lords Eagle
02-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Not Linda Block then? :D

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Why would Noades reunite club with ground? It's served him well to have the ground owned seperately. Why would he change this?

GekkoVsFox
02-10-2003, 12:20 PM
So when's this all going to happen - days, weeks, another couple of seasons?

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 12:21 PM
It's speculation at best. Of course Noades would be favourite to take over should Jordan sell the club.....after all, no-one else would want it. That's always been the case.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:24 PM
I have been informed that within a month Crystal Palace will have Englands 1st female chairman. We just wait and see Clint.

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM
If Noades comes back does that mean Coppell will follow? Or if his Mrs is going to be chairperson will ron become manager, and will she then sack him after a bad run of results?

paulhgc2002
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM

IF WE DONT IT WILL BE A CERTANTY:bash:

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Prehaps Stevie may be given a little bit to keep us in Div 1

Latvian
02-10-2003, 12:44 PM
If it wasnt for Cardiff's travelling sheep on Saturday I reckon our attendace wouldve been areouind the 11,000 mark :(

Last night I realised we are just a mid-table nothing team fast becoming someone like Gillingham :sob:

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Gillingham are a better side than us right now

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Everyone a better side than us at the moment.

Trolley
02-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Gillingham are a better side than us right now

Indeed they are with a Manager who has performed with great "Aplomb" despite the financial restrictions that have been placed upon him.

I am somewhat surprised that "Mr Hessenthaler" does NOT get a more prominent mention when speculation is rife with regard to managerial candidates.

DDD
02-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Everyone knew it in the summer - SK aint a manager and SJ wasnt gonna give him any serious money - Somethings gotta happen or we will go down - No ifs or buts about it......

David
02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
What is going on?

I am still feeling depressed about last nights events. It was disgraceful.

To those of you who don't believe we could be relegated, think again! If we play like that much longer we will finish bottom. Things have to change.

Ships is back
02-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Totally agree we must start to get results us the fans done our bit you can not ask for more than 2500 fans getting behind the team singing all night and watching what can only be described as school boy errors.

Richard
02-10-2003, 01:09 PM
David, surely we're dead certs for a top two place ?

David
02-10-2003, 01:12 PM
[

nookiebear
02-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Even David has cracked, things really are bad

henryhallandhisbasque
02-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Jordan to go back to phones. Somebody with some common sense to replace him and Noades has far more of it than Jordan. Coppell to take over as manager.

Disco
02-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Last I heard Coppell was toying with the idea of taking over at Reading!

DDD
02-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by henryhallandhisbasque
Jordan to go back to phones. Somebody with some common sense to replace him and Noades has far more of it than Jordan. Coppell to take over as manager.

Jordan to go anywhere - dont care..

Noades - big backward step...so no thanks

SC is a living god and will always be the best manager we ever had - he would be the only guy who get us relegated to the Ryman and still get a standing ovation....

I think that he is a bit too smart to ever come back whilst our current chairman is screwing things up..lets be honest - he's got a far greater chance of doing something at Reading than with us at the moment..

Panther
02-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by David
What is going on?

I am still feeling depressed about last nights events. It was disgraceful.

To those of you who don't believe we could be relegated, think again! If we play like that much longer we will finish bottom. Things have to change.

David, I don't know whether to say "Welcome to the real world" or "I preferred you when you were young and full of optimism"!

glaziers fan
02-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale

Tactics were pathetic. Why switch to 4 at the back when we are playing against a side with 3 up front? Surely 5-2-3 or 3-4-3 would have worked better against this kind of attack?

Why keep switching Smith and Borrowdale? Is it not obvious NEITHER of them are good enough?

Why take Shipperley off when he was actually looking a physical presence and winning stuff in the air for once?
Why take off a striker when we are 3-0 down? Why not 'go for it'?
I didn't think we played bad football, but all the opposition need to di is sit back, not dive in, we'll create nothing and then the opposition can destroy us on the break! Possession wins nothing. Goals win games.

Parker Jnr
02-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Just give him a chance. A few weeks ago everone was singing his praises and now everyone is on his back. Palace fans are the most fickle fans in the country! The players must surely take some blame as well as they are the ones giving the ball away on the pitch.

I do not know if he will turn it around, but I do know that we have played a lot worse.

10 games is not enough time to judge a manager.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Yeh lets have our 7000th Manager in last 10 years........

glaziers fan
02-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
This is a very important point. Clearly SJ is not willing to bring in any new players, permanent or on loan. It is so infuriating to see players like Andy Morrell (who so many on here wanted) getting into his stride at a club which was meant to have less money than Palace (if that's possible).

However comes in will have to work with no money, that is why I think Ian Dowie, given the miracles he has performed at Oldham, is the only man for the job

Ridiculous? Why support failures like TF and AS and not people who can be successful like SK and SB? If SJ had given SB more money we would have gone up in that season, whether or not he left. Instead he gave TF money to f*** us up.

bananaman
02-10-2003, 03:34 PM
i think he deserves more time after all the years service he has given palace!!
the team he has inherited arnt his signings there is no ££ to bring in any new players so he can only work with what he has right now!!
apart from west ham we havent been getting thrashed loseing by a odd goal
the main problem at the moment is haveing to field unfit players because the squad is not big enough!!

yorkshire eagle
02-10-2003, 03:42 PM
anyone who was at west ham last night knows how bad things are. i was there on a freeby and just above where the dougouts were (with the moronic west ham arsehol**) and kember looked shell shocked bully was doing all the work and everytime he talked to kember he just looked out of his depth. i love stevie hes mr.palace but he is not good enough we should of had dowie everyday:rolleyes: also i bumped into dave swindlehurst last night in the carlsburg lounge he says he really feared for kember if thay lost tonight from what he gathered:)

John Gill
02-10-2003, 03:45 PM
But, and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't this going to be the season when the new training methods would mean an end to the huge injury list that we suffered last year?
Can't see that sacking Kember would solve anything but he does need to give the players a huge kick up the backside, and quickly.

glaziers fan
02-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Let's not beat around the bush we ARE underachieving yet again. And the cause of it, yet again is Fleming, Smith, Aki and then playing Powell, Shipps, Hughes, Freedman, Berthelin when they are unfit. Guarantee that if we played

Berthelin

Mullins
Popovic
Powell

Borrowdale/Gray
Hughes
Watson
Routedge

AJ
Freedman
Shipperley

when they are fully fit, we would be ok! Football is a strange game. One or two player s can make a HUGE difference. In our case those players are Popovic, Freedman, Watson and Routledge plus a decent left-sided option. You have to remember our best performances came when Routledge was playing left wing-back. He is no worse there than Borrowdale or Smith.

John Gill
02-10-2003, 03:48 PM
To my mind dispensing with the services of Dave Swindlehurst was a huge mistake on Jordan's part. Ignoring his record of results, which was excellent, he insisted that anyone who played for his team wore the Palace shirt with pride and gave 100%.
Sounds like the sort of approach we could do with now.

917L
02-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Let's not beat around the bush we ARE underachieving yet again. And the cause of it, yet again is Fleming, Smith, Aki

Fail top see how they have contri9buted massively to our poor form?

SK ridioculously plays Smith on the left, no surprise he's not doing well, he's a right back.

Flemings hardly played and so has Aki(and in his first start last night seems to have played better than the majority).

The cause is playing unfit players(as you also said) not playing Watson and Borrowdale regularly or utilising Routledge to best effect. But mainly playing 3 5 2 its rubbish, lets get back to 4 4 2 and be done with it, at least we may have a system where we can defend properly for a change.

Plus poor or no substitutions....

selhurst star
02-10-2003, 04:14 PM
francis out

JamieBcpfc
02-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Anyone who was at West Ham last night could not be behind kember 100%

his tactics are woeful, he persists with shipps despite him having a knee injury and being overweight, he has an allegy to playing young players when they are clearly outperforming the more experianced crew
and last night he played 3 very similar midfielders in the middle last night, and the lack of left sided players and the fact that defenders are now free to play wherever they want
KEMBER OUT!!!!

N Herts Eagle
02-10-2003, 07:14 PM
HE was one of my idiols as a player and for what he did do for us I will always be grateful but Steve go now go with dignity go before the fans that love you turn against you

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Not gonna happen.

paulhgc2002
02-10-2003, 07:22 PM
http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/graphs/CrystalPal_pos.gif

SKATE
02-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 917L
Fail top see how they have contri9buted massively to our poor form?

SK ridioculously plays Smith on the left, no surprise he's not doing well, he's a right back.

Flemings hardly played and so has Aki(and in his first start last night seems to have played better than the majority).

The cause is playing unfit players(as you also said) not playing Watson and Borrowdale regularly or utilising Routledge to best effect. But mainly playing 3 5 2 its rubbish, lets get back to 4 4 2 and be done with it, at least we may have a system where we can defend properly for a change.

Plus poor or no substitutions....

Much as I love a good argument with 917L :D. I have to agree with him.

James
02-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/graphs/CrystalPal_pos.gif

I think the caption along the 'y' axis should be 'League Position' and not 'Points'!

paulhgc2002
02-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by James
I think the caption along the 'y' axis should be 'League Position' and not 'Points'!

james r u ok ? lol

SKATE
02-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Parker Jnr
Just give him a chance. A few weeks ago everone was singing his praises and now everyone is on his back.

I don't think its so much that - as a realisation, from those of us who wanted him to get his chance and really wanted him to suceed but were not were sure if he could, that he can't cut the mustard.

I love Kember - but he's missed the management boat.

Men At Work
02-10-2003, 09:51 PM

Perfect attire for the tarts we currently have playing for us.

DDD
03-10-2003, 11:53 AM
does sk still have the tacky wine bar in croydon or is it long gone ???

maybe he could go back to that

Maidstoned Eagle
03-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by DDD
does sk still have the tacky wine bar in croydon or is it long gone ???

maybe he could go back to that And he f***ed that up as well.

917L
03-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Much as I love a good argument with 917L :D. I have to agree with him.

I shall remember that!;)

DDD
03-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
And he f***ed that up as well.

so its true - he couldnt run a p*ss up either.................

Jordan's Jacket
03-10-2003, 02:08 PM
I do find SK#s comments to the press a little perplexing if not misleading. He uses the old cliche that "fans demand instant success and I've only been here for 11 games etc...." The truth is he has been "responsible" for the team in one guise or another for many years (too many to recollect). He knows the players, their strengths/weakneses etc... He has not inherited a side but is working with the same players as he has done dya in day out for many a game.

I'm afraid it doesn't wash with me. We have got a reasonable squad which is some way fulfilling its potential and the buck must stop with SK (and Bully)

Sorry SK you've shown that you are not capable, so leave before you are forced to.:(

Maidstoned Eagle
03-10-2003, 02:18 PM
And a comment like "The only pressure I'm under is from the wife, 'cos I've not taken her out this week" is up there with a certain TF saying "I don't care, I'm still getting paid" in terms of flippancy. It just shows that maybe Mr Steve "100% Palace through and through" Kember isn't as bothered about us or the club as we thought.

Spender
03-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by John Gill
To my mind dispensing with the services of Dave Swindlehurst was a huge mistake on Jordan's part. Ignoring his record of results, which was excellent, he insisted that anyone who played for his team wore the Palace shirt with pride and gave 100%.
Sounds like the sort of approach we could do with now.

I agree:p

Must say though that when I trumpeted Swindle before Kember was appointed , it was pointed out to me that he had under achieved as Manager at Bromley :eek:

Kember does deserve more time but he was never the man to get us promoted.

The worry as always is that I have no confidence in SJ appointing a decent replacement when Kember's time is up.

DOWIE for me :lux:

yorkshire eagle
03-10-2003, 02:31 PM
must say after having a couple of days to get over the boll** up that was the west ham game:sob: i must say kember has to and must go sorry. i look through the next few games and where are we getting the points. i would love to be wrong but i carnt see it. i will be down for the next tuesday night games (darby and ipswich i think) and ile be right behind the team (unlike some near me holmsdale lower left hand side) but i think we should be getting dowie now:)

DDD
03-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Agree with the Dowie stuff - not the greatest footballer in the world but did well with no money at Oldham and got them playing some good football, I saw them tear Derby apart last year in the league cup at Pride Park.

We aren't going to attract a big name and Jordans certainly not gonna pay for one so he seems the logical choice if we go for a change..

we cant do any worse than kember thats for sure...

sydnsteve
03-10-2003, 03:08 PM
I still say MacMahon.

Trolley
03-10-2003, 05:20 PM
We shall of course emerge "Triumphant" tomorrow against a team that has hardly "Set the world alight" away from home, and the discussion about the impending departure of "Mr Kember" will decrease to a "Whisper". !

Football traverses across such "Fine Lines".

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
And a comment like "The only pressure I'm under is from the wife, 'cos I've not taken her out this week" is up there with a certain TF saying "I don't care, I'm still getting paid" in terms of flippancy. It just shows that maybe Mr Steve "100% Palace through and through" Kember isn't as bothered about us or the club as we thought.

Dont be silly

Maidstoned Eagle
04-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Dont be silly

Silly? If that comment had come from the mouth of anyone else who was managing this club everyone, even you Steve, would be up in arms. You loyalty to SK is commendable and I respect you for it, I just think itis going to turn out as a fairly misguided loyalty. Sorry.

Trolley
04-10-2003, 10:10 AM
A view from "Within the camp";) is that to-date our performances have NOT been abject, our beloved team have been a tad unfortunate conceeding late goals and the expectancy is that by Christmas our position will have improved.

There was NO suggestion whatsoeverthat the axe is about to "Fall" on our Manager.

Mr Kember of course is under pressure to deliver after a succession of disappointing results, however his "Tenure" at the club is NOT a matter for conjecture at this juncture.

;)

Chobham Eagle
04-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
A view from "Within the camp";) is that to-date our performances have NOT been abject, our beloved team have been a tad unfortunate conceeding late goals and the expectancy is that by Christmas our position will have improved.

My view from 'outside the camp' is that to date our performances HAVE been abject, the conceding of late goals was due to sloppy defending not bad luck and my expectancy is that by Christmas thing won't have improved.

davematt
04-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Well well well!

When I started this thread on Thursday morning following the performance against West Ham it was all doom and gloom. Now only three days later, people are happy again.

I would like to especially ask AJ1969 if Kember should get the sack now.

The minor downfall in results and performances has ended, and our climb up the table is underway. Well done Steve Kember for getting the best out of the players this afternoon! Roll on Derby on Tuesday week.

''STEVIE KEMBER'S RED N BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

we_8_brighton
04-10-2003, 07:59 PM
With 3 home games coming our way, this is a really good chance to get ourselves moving up the table

wedgetail
04-10-2003, 08:03 PM
We are still below half way in the league and below Cardiff, clearly a vastly weaker team than us. Something must be wrong.

davematt
04-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by we_8_brighton
With 3 home games coming our way, this is a really good chance to get ourselves moving up the table

Exactly, and its even more stupid that people actually believed that we could get relegated after wednesday, how many people are saying that now? We can easily beat Derby, Rotherham, and Ipswich and have 23 points on the board with 14 games played. These games will be tough but these are the sort of winnable matches that can kick start a unbeaten run. Lets just hope that the fans get behind the side for these games as they did today, because the atmosphere was fantastic!

MENTALLY TOUGH
05-10-2003, 07:32 AM
Exactly, and its even more stupid that people actually believed that we could get relegated after wednesday, how many people are saying that now? We can easily beat Derby, Rotherham, and Ipswich and have 23 points on the board with 14 games played. These games will be tough but these are the sort of winnable matches that can kick start a unbeaten run. Lets just hope that the fans get behind the side for these games as they did today, because the atmosphere was fantastic!

I dunno about easily beat Derby,Rotherham & Ipswich.
Record last year.
Lost 0-1
Drew 0-0
Drew 1-1
Nothing there to fill me with confidence that we are going to hit a winning streak.

If we pick up 9 points from those games, then yes I might believe we can start looking towards the top end of the table, but should we get say 5 points then we might as well settle for the snug spot around 12th.
God forbid no wins from those 3 games, & with a trip to Gillingham to look forward to.:sob:, Then I think even the most staunch Kember supporter will agree that he will have to go.

Freddy Kurz
05-10-2003, 08:16 AM

Forgive me davematt but isn't there a glaring
contradiction in the above: "We can easily
beat Derby, Rotherham,and Ipswich" .........
"these games will be tough" ? I still believe
all those managers who have taken their
teams up to the Premiership who say that
"getting out of the First Division is one of
the hardest tasks in football". Second only
perhaps to staying in the Premiership! Agree
though that all the games are winnable, but
also dependent on the fans getting behind
the team.

Maidstoned Eagle
06-10-2003, 03:51 PM

I still say that we could get relegated, and I still say SK isn't the right man for the job. We beat Cardiff, but only just, and they had 10 men!! We looked poor in front of goal, when our midfield was under pressure they started to give the ball away, when Kavanagh equalised you could see the uncertainty run through the side (despite the crowd roaring them on!) and have you forgotten Hayden's misguided attempt to run the ball up the field, getting caught in possesion and if the Cardiff player had kept his head and made a better cross we would've been looking at a 2-2 draw against 9 men!

As for the next three games being winnable, wasn't that what we were saying about Bradford? Derby have only lost once away from home this season and Ipswich have won four out of the last five games. The only team we should be confident of beating is Rotherham, but we always manage to •••• those games up as well.

Jordan's Jacket
06-10-2003, 03:58 PM
One swallow does not make a summer (or something like that)