PDA

View Full Version : Support Last Night

PENGE P
02-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Good effort lads enjoyed the singing the only up side of the whole evening they may average 30k but there support was woeful

BaldEagle96
02-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Our support was great even when we were 3-0 down the noise was still fantastic. Other than the first 15 minutes or so when we were 0-0 the singing was the only decent thing about last night!!!

West Ham support like their team were very poor!

917L
02-10-2003, 07:51 AM
I believe I'm right in saying that we managed to attract agate around 2.5k in excess of that they got against Scumwall(so called greatest rivals) which was also on a Sunday as opposed to midweek

La Bombonera
02-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Our support was pretty good in a stand with good accoustics. They won't get many visiting sides whose fans will similarly back their team while on the end of a 3-0 drubbing.

Obviously a different atmosphere to the Millwall game (for them)according to one or two Hammers I spoke with. That was pure animosity by all accounts - a well documentated history there.

No problems after the game, Mrs La-Bomb and myself proudly sported our shirts while doing the 15-minute walk amongst a throng of Hammers fans to Plaistow tube station. No hassle or grief to mention ... if we'd have pulled it back to 4-3, I wonder ;)

we_8_brighton
02-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Brilliant surport last night. Non stop noise. West ham's surport was terrible!

Benzhiyi
02-10-2003, 09:15 AM
West Ham fans full of praise for our support: :)

http://www.kumb.com/redirect.htm?http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12919

http://www.kumb.com/redirect.htm?http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12927

cpfc4ever
02-10-2003, 09:23 AM
ive got to say it felt a bit like the liverpool game when we lost 5-0 in terms of the singing, great that we did sing when were down cos i think it may have helped us not to loose by more...... if you get what i mean

Nelson Muntz
02-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Nice one. Even the 'Ammers fans think we deserve better.

PENGE P
02-10-2003, 09:25 AM
11 players hang your heads in shame

timheald
02-10-2003, 09:33 AM
i was in the WHFC end with a couple of hammer fans..........

I think you should all pat yourselfs on the back for a excellent performance. Even my mates were amazed by are singing and confessed they only had one song!!! I was singing with you, all be it very quietly!

well played guys......shame the players couldn't have our passion. infact, i don't even want to mention that so called bunch of professionals.

Bungalow
02-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
Our support was great even when we were 3-0 down the noise was still fantastic. Other than the first 15 minutes or so when we were 0-0 the singing was the only decent thing about last night!!!

West Ham support like their team were very poor!

Why is it that our support away from home is so much better, noisier and generally supportive than at Home?

When have your ever heard a home crowd make a "fantastic noise" when we are 0-3??

timheald
02-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bungalow
Why is it that our support away from home is so much better, noisier and generally supportive than at Home?

When have your ever heard a home crowd make a "fantastic noise" when we are 0-3??

because the true true fans (not taking anything away from others) traditionally always go to the away games i.e. the singers. And as you are all put in one small(ish) area ....well, it starts from there.

after the arthur wait was seating, weve lost all the atmosphere at selhurst

marco_gabbiadini
02-10-2003, 12:37 PM
sat in main stand with hammers last night quite a few palace in there, no trouble at all. and our support was brilliant whilst theirs was poor to say the least.
only want to ask why did at least half of our support leave with 5 mins to go?

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by marco_gabbiadini
sat in main stand with hammers last night quite a few palace in there, no trouble at all. and our support was brilliant whilst theirs was poor to say the least.
only want to ask why did at least half of our support leave with 5 mins to go?

to avoid waiting an hour and a half at the tube station

Clapham Grand
02-10-2003, 12:53 PM
good banter between fans in pub afterwards too

02-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by adrenalin john

is this what Wham fans have to endure every big home game??!

:eek:

Sunny Fan
02-10-2003, 02:37 PM
"Three nil, and you still won't sing":D

Dobbo
02-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by PENGE P
11 players hang your heads in shame
Wrong, 10 players; apart from one slip near the end Hayden was excellent.

Daddy Long
02-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dobbo

I agree. Star Man.

CK
02-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Dobbo

We all have our perspective I s'pose. I thought the trouble started when Mullins got lazy, couldn't be bothered to run for 'HIS' ball and called Cedric. Cue injury which probably impeeded him the whole game. He's also the main culprit for, on the odd occasion that we are knocking it around looking for an opening, chipping a side splitting (oops I meant defence splitting) ball to the byline.

Obviously IMHO..........no doubt I will sit, stand or whatever to be corrected:hi:

Shoreditch CPFC
02-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by adrenalin john

That's not the only reason. About 10 mins to go the singing stopped and our plight really sank in. It was horrible. I tried to start it going again, but no one was joining in my lone chant of "Eagles". Then to compound the despair they started cheering every pass and so the their players started taking the p1ss. That's when I left. :sob:

matt_himself
02-10-2003, 05:18 PM
My company has four season tickets at Upton Park, so I took some Hammers-supporting Underwriters to the game and sat in the Dr. Martens Stand. You guys in the Away End were fantastic, you made me proud to be part of the Red & Blue Army, which which is the exact opposite of what the players did.

Riccardo
02-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
"Three nil, and you still won't sing":D

:D

Apart from the Cheerleaders at half time our support was the main highlight for me.

Well done all.

JamieBcpfc
04-10-2003, 02:17 PM
support was brilliant but it really pissed me off at the end when the idiots were cheering every pass, and also walking out of the stadium two west ham fans having a discussion about palace, and one was saying we've no chance of reaching the play-offs and have more chance of getting relegated(possibly adrian durham)