PDA

View Full Version : Was Francis so bad after all?

Loyal Supporter
02-10-2003, 09:14 AM
The answer to that is probably yes, however the performance in the last 4 or 5 matches seem to be exactly the same as how we played under TF.

However, could you see this team winning at Anfield or beating Brighton 5-0 under Kember?

The fans were against TF from the start so he never really had a chance whereas SK will have at least until Xmas before the majority turn on him i would have thought.

Maz
02-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes.

PoolKing
02-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Francis had no choice about working with Kember and Bullivant, it was part of the job. If he had been allowed to use his own staff as he wanted then maybe he would have done better!

I think it was unfair how Francis got all the blame for last season. As manager he is mainly responsible but Kember and Bullivant had important roles so they also had influence on such a crap season.

AndyStreet
02-10-2003, 09:26 AM
God this is ridiculous. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder. Yes we were terrible under Francis. However we are even more terrible now under Kember.

SKATE
02-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Yes

Scroatey
02-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Taking our results so far, against the same opposition from last season we currently have 6 MORE points than in 02/03! And obviously we have lost 2 and drawn 1 against newly relegated clubs which isn't so bad, it's just a shame these results have all come together.

Here's to it picking up!!!

AddiscombeEagle
02-10-2003, 09:37 AM
I said at the time that Francis should have been given his chance to have his own staff but he was bad, lets not forget that.

Perhaps soon, we are going to have to accept we have a bad bunch of players who are not as good as we think.

oz_da II
02-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Has it got this bad that we are even pondering this ludicrous question?

Oh my! :sob: :sob: :sob:

olreagle
02-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes he was. And that's final.

RtS
02-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Some people have short memories. It was hideous under Francis, almost Mulleryesque at times. The temptation now is to compare Francis to Kember.What for? We are where we are.
IMHO neither have the sufficient man management skills to inspire our lack lustre lot.

Men At Work
02-10-2003, 10:05 AM
No. But it's always easier to produce a single scapegoat rather than look at the more complex problems (and that's not an invitation for Maz to start on Iraq :) )

Richard
02-10-2003, 10:10 AM
I wonder what Jordan's thinking now (aside from the usual: "I am a TIGER - I am success story - it only takes me five years to achieve what others success stories achieve in ten !" etc.) ?

He clearly thought Kember would be able to "do a job" cheaply, and the plan looks as if it has backfired on him. He paid (or, ahem, will pay) Francis off at considerable cost, only to be in a worse position. He has cocked up his attempt to get money for Gray, and it looks as though Mullins will also now go for nothing (can you see anyone paying for him in the January transfer window, when they can get him for free next summer ?)

Wonder what Jordan's own road map is telling him ?

adrenalin john
02-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Francis was the worst ever. Remember also the money the geezer spent as did Smith. SK hasn't spent a penny and has to make do with the squad he has inherited. Having said that I still think we have a great bunch of players, on reflection maybe I am just a shit judge of ability.

BringBackSasa
02-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Emphatically, HELL YEAH.

Was Alan Smith THAT bad? Yes.

Was Hitler THAT bad? Yes.

Was Spiceworld: The Movie THAT bad? Yes.

Ben H
02-10-2003, 10:28 AM
We are where we are for a multitude of reasons. Not just Francis or just Jordan or just Kember or just Noades or just Goldberg. I think the reasons for our demise lie with all these people.

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:32 AM
I actually quite liked SpiceWorld.

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Yes he was awful however it was not just his fault. This club needs swooping changes whether that be made by those in charge now or others

ClintsCrackPipe
02-10-2003, 10:34 AM
swooping or sweeping? :)

BringBackSasa
02-10-2003, 10:35 AM
...weeping more like...

west country boy
02-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by olreagle
Yes he was. And that's final.

What olreagle said.

Mal Come Ally Son
02-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Francis was the one who bought all the shyte that kember has to work with now.

Fleming - old and shyte
Derry - one way shyte
Butterfield - possibly OK
AJ - Ok, but often headless shyte
Granvile - Shyte
Symons - old shyte

matt_himself
02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
We are in a mess from mismanagement. And the mismanagement is all Jordan's fault. He forced Coppell out, he then employed Smith, Bruce gave him just enough rope and he hanged himself without, he gave Francis a job to spite Birmingham and it backfired and he has given SK the job when he is not equipped to do it.

I really want SK to succeed, the bloke is Palace through and through, but he is a coach.

Jordan is to blame and it's his ego that stops him from stopping the rot.

Will S
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Oh God, yes.

Lenny
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Loyal Supporter
whereas SK will have at least until Xmas before the majority turn on him i would have thought.

I refer my right honourable genteman to...well...the entire forum of "General Palace Discussion"... :rolleyes: