PDA

View Full Version : Kembers sticky situation

Paicey
02-10-2003, 10:30 AM
We all know that we are not doing that well in the league. Mr Crystal Palace himself knows that. But last night I was thinking....

Kember as refired to earlier is Mr Crystal Palace, He loves this club and everything about it. He doesn't want to see us sliping down the league espcially as he would probably get the blame.

However he has wanted the manageres job SO MUCH he wouldnt give it up without a fight.

THis is how I see it. Kember keeps his dream Job and (in a worst case senario) we go down

or

He could do the "right thing for the club" and step down as manager to keep him at the club

or

he could wait to be sacked by Jordan and never return to the club.

Please dont get me wrong I'm not saying get him out, or resign I'm just trying to think how he must be feeling and what he could see his situation being like. Steve has done alot for our club and we are all eternally greatful I would hate to see him being sacked (that is my point)

Your views?

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Jordan blatently hired him as manager so he wouldn't have to give him a substantial pension due to his dismissal

cpfc4ever
02-10-2003, 10:33 AM
I was just wondering what other people thought when Kember was appointed manager, I heard that lots of people where happy about the situation, thinking he was the right man for the job. But was it more that it was the cheap way out and we had to live with it, knowing that it was the cheap way out for SJ?

Now I know that he is palace through and through......but did we really think he was going to do that much with the club considering he has been there so long, would he suddenly come up with a great idea to change things?

I wasn't happy from the start, but now the decision has been made, surely it would now be best to stick with Kember, as the season is matches in, and probably wouldn't help the situation if he now goes......

the whole situation is now so depressing i dont know what to feel at the moment :confused: :confused:

Dorking .Eagle
02-10-2003, 10:51 AM
"Substantial pension"???? He has been at Palace since 93-94 (hired by Alan Smith) at the time he still ran Kembers wine Bar in Croydon.
I would have thought most people in football have thier own personal pension, as footballers/managers etc generally change employers every few years.