PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh Adebola!

Benzhiyi
10-10-2003, 03:16 PM
I kind of miss the big man.

Sorry, just a random thought for the day.

Am I the only one?

:love:

EagleSE24
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I miss Leif Anderson.

adrenalin john
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
don't miss him in the slightest, but I do like the picture of him jumping.

oz_da II
10-10-2003, 03:21 PM
The Emile Heskey of Palace.

Does a good job for the team but the "thicko's" witness the one or two poor touches, missed header etc and start their slagging.

cpfcben
10-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I DO NOT MISS HIM. HE WAS PANTS

I MISS CARL VEART. THE GOAL MACHINE

HE SCORED THE LOWEST HEARDER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL AGAINST CLOWNTOWN. COME TO THINK OF IT LIEF WAS UP TO NO GOOD IN THAT GAME AS WELL. HE ALMOST SCORED THE MOST AMAZING OWN GOAL, MARTYN BRILLIANTLY SAVED ONLY FOR NEWTON TO TAP. WHAT A GREAT GAME THAT TURNED OUT TO BE!!!!!

Phil's Barber
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I miss Jim Cannon.....
...JIM-BY-O! JIM-BY-O! JIM-BY-O! JIM-BY-O! :love:

WorthingEagle
10-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by adrenalin john
but I do like the picture of him jumping.

:D :lux:

Benzhiyi
10-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by adrenalin john
don't miss him in the slightest, but I do like the picture of him jumping.

:) :)

Maidstoned Eagle
10-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben

You are deluded and should seek help immediately.

Skin Up
10-10-2003, 03:46 PM
I miss yooooou, like the deserts miss the rain.

Clapham Grand
10-10-2003, 03:56 PM
not overly

Wedgy
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by EagleSE24
I miss Leif Anderson.

:lux:

SIKO
10-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I spoke to him on Saturday, and beleive it or not, he does miss it at Palace. He was trying to convince me Coventry were robbed against Scumwall:S:

Malakite
10-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Siko - did he say why he wanted to go to Coventry?

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
10-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben

HE SCORED THE LOWEST HEARDER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL AGAINST CLOWNTOWN. COME TO THINK OF IT LIEF WAS UP TO NO GOOD IN THAT GAME AS WELL. HE ALMOST SCORED THE MOST AMAZING OWN GOAL, MARTYN BRILLIANTLY SAVED ONLY FOR NEWTON TO TAP. WHAT A GREAT GAME THAT TURNED OUT TO BE!!!!!

That bshot/save stays in my mind, it was a brilliant piece of action on a brilliant night.

Carl Veart was going through a purple patch for Palace then...we atrted to call him "the guvnor" didnt we ?....well i did...!

c_block_lad
10-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Ooooooooh Adebola, more like shoot Adebola.

He was crap, move on people.

Trilby
10-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad

He was crap, move on people. Fu*k off

Malakite
10-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Trilby
Fu*k off :eek:

c_block_lad
10-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Fu*k off

Charming, have any more to add to that?
:rolleyes:

Trilby
10-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Almost as charming as 'Shoot Adebola'

c_block_lad
10-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Almost as charming as 'Shoot Adebola'

If you take everything literally as you read it, your best not to read the latest thread on Pikies.

HarryTheMan
10-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I miss his phenominal goalscoring record :eek:

HarryTheMan
10-10-2003, 06:04 PM
The only player i miss from last season is kolinko :sob: anyone know who he plays 4 now :moo:

Lambeth Palace
10-10-2003, 06:05 PM

He was crap, move on people.

A ringing endorsement of Adebola's talents if ever there was one!

Ben H
10-10-2003, 06:22 PM
He'd have been a good backup player for us. He's not really a Shipperley-esque player before anyone says it.

Trilby
10-10-2003, 06:28 PM
If you take everything literally as you read it, your best not to read the latest thread on Pikies. Oh, of course, it was a joke. I do apologise.

pallet
10-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Where's Maz when you need him?
Adebola was pants, I have seen better conferance players, glad we got shot, and yes he will score against us when we play them.

HarryTheMan
10-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by pallet
and yes he will score against us when we play them.

3 times at least! :(

rednbluevegas
10-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Old Dele just was not the player we needed at the time.

To say his pants though is going to far.

Santos-er
10-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rednbluevegas

To say his pants though is going to far.

Never saw his pants, never want to! :eek:

RtS
11-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Currently starring in an ironic remake of "White Men Can't Jump"

Barney Gumble
11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
He reminds me of Richard Harris.........a 6ft 4inch black fellow who is as strong as a 4 year old girl.

He was MINGING and I do not miss him at all. A journey man footballer if ever there was one.

:hi: Football obscurity for you my boy. :hi:

tomario
13-10-2003, 03:22 AM
CArl Veart is the guvonor

Martian
13-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by tomario
CArl Veart is the guvonor

Carl Veart has just signed for a team in Adelaide! Super Carl Veart!!!!

rhiannapaul
13-10-2003, 08:23 AM
adebola; position striker ....rest my case strikers score goals he was awful.... look at coventry now great move ....not:o

Maz
13-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by pallet
Adebola was pants, I have seen better conferance players, glad we got shot, and yes he will score against us when we play them. lol. You won't give up will you?

I concede he was sadly not the great goalsmith we needed. But I still maintain that - as a big, and fast, fella - he brought something to the team we needed. And we played worse without him.

It will in fact be very interesting to see how they use him...

Scroatey
13-10-2003, 09:31 AM
He was one of those players you felt so happy for when he scored, almost a kind of sympathy because you knew he didn't do it very often!

Aaaah!

Jimbo ?
13-10-2003, 09:43 AM
given a choice opf shipps and dougie or dele. i would have the first 2, no question - dele was our answer to emile heskey!! not our style!

Bartman
13-10-2003, 10:10 AM
He was man of the match in a couple of games towards the end of last season. His game was just coming together when he left us - it was a shame really. He was cheap and a useful player to have up front.

markholmes1991
13-10-2003, 01:20 PM
i still long for the day seeing Rudi Hedman walking out to greet the holmesdale.

Dartford Lad
13-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Adebola has now become a figure of amusement at Coventry aswell and along with Patrick Suffo, is apparently who the fans take there anger out on!

Maidstoned Eagle
13-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
Adebola has now become a figure of amusement at Coventry aswell and along with Patrick Suffo, is apparently who the fans take there anger out on!

Not according to my Uncle, who goes to Coventry quite regularly.

Crystal Eagle1
13-10-2003, 02:33 PM
One moment i can remember about old Dele is when we were at Stoke on a cold october afternnon last season about the 79th minute Dele picks the ball up runs past 1 or 2 players and fires it into the back of the stoke net, only for the stoke to get an 86th minute equiliser unbelieveable but what a day, i thought that would be the first match i would see palace win how wrong i was it came at Pride park on that wednesday night and i have to thank a certain Mr Tommy Black for that

Back to Dele though i never really was happy with him in the squad and would prefer every time to see shipps and dougie up there

Benzhiyi
13-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad

I heard he was quite popular in those parts and has done rather well so far??

limited_edition
13-10-2003, 06:30 PM
My abiding memory of Dele was of him going on a mazy run v Liverpool, doing the hard bit by beating several defenders, then in a typical piece of Dele clumsiness missing the ball. Unfortunately, that clumsiness injured Kirkland.

kolinkins
13-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Dele was a far better player than peolle gave him credit for. its probably the same people who critisise Dele, that have a go at Derry. Butterfield etc. there is more to being a good player than defence splitting passes, mazey runs and scoring a hat full of goals.

Latvian
13-10-2003, 06:58 PM
If you take everything literally as you read it, your best not to read the latest thread on Pikies.

So everything in that thread about your Great-Grandparents isnt true then :confused: :o ?

Latvian
13-10-2003, 07:00 PM
And I dont miss Adebola that much, he tried his best but he wasnt anything special - would rather have shipps.

limited_edition
13-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Dele was a far better player than peolle gave him credit for. its probably the same people who critisise Dele, that have a go at Derry. Butterfield etc. there is more to being a good player than defence splitting passes, mazey runs and scoring a hat full of goals. It helps if you can score if you're a striker, though. Shipperley's 2 goals in 11 games is probably still a better strike rate than Dele's. For the record, I am a massive fan of both Danny B and Derry.

kolinkins
13-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
It helps if you can score if you're a striker, though. Shipperley's 2 goals in 11 games is probably still a better strike rate than Dele's. For the record, I am a massive fan of both Danny B and Derry.

i know you are. but the point abot Dele is that for the main part, his game was supossed to to hold the ball up, and create space for the likes of black, gray, wayne, dougie. he did this very well. yes, he should have scored more goals, but apart from a 10 game spell from black, and a 5 game spell from AJ, which forward was prolific for us last season?

Dartford Lad
13-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
I heard he was quite popular in those parts and has done rather well so far??

Not according to my Uncle, who goes to Coventry quite regularly.

According to the editor of there rivals.net site they hate him! Just different opinions I suppose. :)

Stavros 69
13-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Martian
Carl Veart has just signed for a team in Adelaide! Super Carl Veart!!!!

He was SO good in champ 2 :lux: :)

Maidstoned Eagle
15-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
My abiding memory of Dele was of him going on a mazy run v Liverpool, doing the hard bit by beating several defenders, then in a typical piece of Dele clumsiness missing the ball. Unfortunately, that clumsiness injured Kirkland.

:bash: He went for a one on one, both players were commited to winning the ball and unfortunately Kirkland came off worse. JEEZ! I wish Freedman showed that sort of commitment with one on ones, he might score a few more, especially last night!