PDA

View Full Version : 15th evening game without a win!!!

macstar
15-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Sorry to go on like this everytime, but its clocking up.....

We now havent won in the last 15 home evening league games!!!!!!!

Its just going on, and on and on..

Once again poor opposition and we screw up!!!!

Basically everything last night was poor once again....

Poor performance (basically!)
Poor turnout
Poor support
Poor away team
Poor away support
Poor atitude (except for 1st half).
Poor management decisions (watson brought on too late).

And once again we fail to win when we kick towards the Holmesdale goal first half!!!!

WHEN WILL THESE ONGOING SAGAS GONNA END!!!!

GreatGonzo
15-10-2003, 02:11 PM
16th league game

8 draws 8 defeats

christopher
15-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Next week hopefully. Long way for me to go to watch shite.

macstar
15-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Sorry 16th then!!! Lets hope it ends against ipswich next week.

I can't go, so if we win we all know who the jinx is!!!

timheald
15-10-2003, 02:19 PM
to be honest, i can't see it stopping against Ipswich, specially with them on form at the moment.

However, there is hope. and knowing palace, we will do it in the harder game....ppllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeee.

i was bored last night.

lightweight
15-10-2003, 02:24 PM
So when & what was the last league game we won at home in the evening?

Dorking .Eagle
15-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Couldn't believe how quiet it was outside the ground last night. Then I realised - the prices.
If you were a "casual" fan who fancied taking in a game (i.e. the "new" fans we hope to attract or even an "old" fan who we want to bring back into the fold) the costs were £19 in the Sainsburys, and £25 in the Old Stand (pillars, wooden seats and all). Get a reality check Jordan - there are 3 home games in 8 days - Palace fans are not millionaires (apart from you that is) - make it £15 pay on the day and you might actually get a few more bums on seats.
Oh, and get a manager that can motivate our squad of past it, comfort zone occupying journeymen.

we_8_brighton
15-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by lightweight

Gillingham , january 16th 2002 ???? - I think (in the league)

E.X Moontoad
15-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by lightweight

3-1 against Gillingham 16.01.02.
Blimey, that's nearly two years ago!

Cyneagle
15-10-2003, 02:38 PM
I was tempted to say that Clint's hurt his shoulder but...

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
15-10-2003, 02:39 PM
See the other thread on this (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42316)

SKATE
15-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
3-1 against Gillingham 16.01.02.
Blimey, that's nearly two years ago!

Only home league game I've missed for donkeys years :eek:

moverman
15-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by SKATE

Please don't come next week then Skate.

Work late, go shopping, stay at home. Do anything but please please please don't come to the Palace. :D

PeterH
15-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Shocking statistic that and perhaps the one thing that perfectly underlines what us fans have been going through.

Next time someone on here tells you to stop moaning and things aren't so bad, get behind the team etc. etc. slap that little gem in front of them. Things are that bad. Yep we get enough results, points to drift along, but to not win under the lights in so long, especially when I expect it could have added momentum to the occasional previous Saturday win, is diabolical.

Next time SJ berates the support for not turning up or berates the support for being dissatisfied, send him this and ask him to provide his thoughts to the issue in his wonderful programme notes.

Actually some one be kind enough to send him this thread now.

A peice in the Echo would be a good call as well.

It makes you want to stay in the pub.

BaldEagle96
15-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SKATE

Do you know I think I am with you on that one!! I have certainly been at every one of those games since!!! :(

Leap of faith
15-10-2003, 08:56 PM
You know exactly what to expect of an evening game....depression and crap football. Why do we put ourselves through it? Just hope it doesn't spread to Saturday games....oh it already has

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-10-2003, 04:22 AM
it is absoloutely shocking!!

Maybe our players get up too early and are knackered by 8pm?!!!

Thanet Eagle
16-10-2003, 06:36 PM
QPR endured a similiar run of results like ourselves and eventually they changed the evening that they played on.It seems to have worked for them.

Weald Palace
17-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Think you'll find it's 13 games chaps.
Cyneagle has counted games played during the day on b/holidays.
Last win, 16.1.2003 v Gills, 3-1.

Bad Moon Rising by Creedance Clearwater Revival on the tannoy Tues night prior to the match please Mr Fox ?

GreatGonzo
17-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Ah well at least that takes a couple of the draws off the list and now it is 8 losses and 5 draws.

I feel so much better now!

andymorris
17-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Well we can add another winless game to that list when we play Ipswich next Tuesday. As at the moment i can see us winning, mores the pity

Maidstoned Eagle
17-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Can or can't?

DE - Glad All Over
17-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Shocking statistic that and perhaps the one thing that perfectly underlines what us fans have been going through.

Next time someone on here tells you to stop moaning and things aren't so bad, get behind the team etc. etc. slap that little gem in front of them. Things are that bad. Yep we get enough results, points to drift along, but to not win under the lights in so long, especially when I expect it could have added momentum to the occasional previous Saturday win, is diabolical.

Next time SJ berates the support for not turning up or berates the support for being dissatisfied, send him this and ask him to provide his thoughts to the issue in his wonderful programme notes.

Actually some one be kind enough to send him this thread now.

A peice in the Echo would be a good call as well.

It makes you want to stay in the pub.
My dear chap you sound more like Uncle Tony the older you get.

Letís face it we currently aspire to mediocrity. Palace is like the UK weather, or transport system gives us something to moan about. By the way how is the climate in Chile just now? The bottom line is you comment because you care.

On the SJ front when you are prepared to loose the same % of your income that he does keeping the club afloat each year then I guess we really would have some-thing to complain about. As much as I dislike him I donít see anyone else coming in to keep us a float.

:hi:

PeterH
18-10-2003, 09:15 PM
You are in a bright mood for someone who can only get to midweek home games these days as your family needs you at weekends.

I put it too you that the fare on offer in the last three years as finally sent you over the edge.

I am glad I am out of it, any more of the same with winter approaching and I would have chucked myself under a train, that being if any of them can be bothered to operate this year.

Enjoy Ipswich, especially when Dave asks you for 20 quid plus for the privelage and theres no Guinness in Glaziers. :p