PDA

View Full Version : 300!

davematt
16-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Tuesday nights game with Derby was my 300th game watching Palace. I am 18 and I think that aint bad. This is only League and cup games, so if I was including Pre-season matches it would be abit more. My record as a Palace fan is quite average...

Played 300
Won 107
Drawn 86
Lost 107

I am hoping that the next 300 are as enjoyable as the last.

Scroatey
16-10-2003, 03:41 PM
I've been to every mid-week home game since February 2002...

...oops!?

BaldEagle96
16-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Good on you and even more so for keepin a record of results!!

I have no idea how many I have seen but would guess in the region of 520+ on the basis of an average of 20 per season for 26 seasons!! God knows what their recprd would have been in those games but most probably pretty average like yours!!

I am hoping that the next one I attend (Rotherham) is one hell of a lot better than the last one (Derby) I attended!!

davematt
16-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
Good on you and even more so for keepin a record of results!!

I have no idea how many I have seen but would guess in the region of 5,200+ on the basis of an average of 20 per season for 26 seasons!! God knows what their recprd would have been in those games but most probably pretty average like yours!!

I am hoping that the next one I attend (Rotherham) is one hell of a lot better than the last one (Derby) I attended!!

To be fair I have not kept a record, but I decieded to find out how many I have been too.. I found a website with all the Palace results since the 50's and just took the one's I went too. If I go down a fixture list I can straight away know If I went to that game. It was after the West Ham game when Neil told me that I was a jinx. My first game was when Bobmatt decided to introduce me to the wonderful game of football and Crystal Palace. It was the championship winning season finale against Watford, and we lost. Apart from the Play off winning season, its all been doom and gloom.

DANGERMOUSE
16-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Sadly, my father didn't make a note of my first game (I was 7 so can't remember who it was) but I've been a regular ever since, barring my time at university. Using a conservative, rough rule-of-thumb average of 25 games for a season, I estimate I've seen:

16 seasons: 'normal' @ c. 25 games = 400
3 seasons: 'university' @ c. 10 games = 30
Year to date = 10 games

So that's an estimated 440 games in 20 years = average 22 games a season (and most of them have been average!!!) though to be honest I am probably underestimating the number of cup games I've been to.

Blimey. I must be mad. :eek:

sticker
16-10-2003, 04:25 PM
My first game was in 1968 and have been a regular since then. In fact have only missed 1 home game since 1989. Too frightened to work out how many I have attended but my father-in-law has been a regular at matches apart from war years since he was 6 (now sits in Stanley Stephenson's) and a season ticket holder for many many years .I think a calculator is needed to work out the number of games he has watched!:lux: :lux: :lux:

HarryTheMan
16-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Scroatey
I've been to every mid-week home game since February 2002...

...oops!?

we feel 4 u m8 ;)

Baloo
16-10-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm just trying to picture a 6-year-old davmatt going "Dad, Dad, you see Osborne just didn't run into the right space for that ball to be passed... pathetic, when is Pardew going to pass forward?..." :D

Archiebald Leitch
16-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by davematt
.. I found a website with all the Palace results since the 50's

Whats the URL?

hughff
16-10-2003, 08:38 PM
My record stands at one. See left: 1988, I was on honeymoon travelling to see the wife's relatives and it was the only time that I was in London when Palace were playing. Until I massacre the mortgage (and the wife wants a new, better house) I won't be back. See you in a few years.

as216
16-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Archiebald Leitch
Whats the URL?

Not sure of the one Dave's referring to but this goes back even further:

http://www.crystalpalace-mad.co.uk/

Click on League History and it'll give you all tables and league results since the 1920-21 season.

bobmatt
17-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Baloo
I'm just trying to picture a 6-year-old davmatt going "Dad, Dad, you see Osborne just didn't run into the right space for that ball to be passed... pathetic, when is Pardew going to pass forward?..." :D Just try and imagine what it's like to have listened to that for 300 games :D

EagleSE24
17-10-2003, 09:00 AM
I have no idea which games I've been to. Whenever I clear up my room I find tickets for games against southend, grimsby and crewe. None for games against Arsenal, Chelsea or ManU more's the pity. :(

mikebow
17-10-2003, 11:46 AM

Latvian Eagle
17-10-2003, 11:50 AM
I tried to do this, but ended up going wrong somewhere I think...

So far I've ended up with 70 games (in the last 3 seasons alone), yet when I count the results up there is only 64. :sob: I wish there was an easier way yo look at results than on that gris too.

AddiscombeEagle
17-10-2003, 12:01 PM
I agree is there not a better format than looking at the grid. If anyone knows, please post a link.

GreatGonzo
17-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by bobmatt
Just try and imagine what it's like to have listened to that for 300 games :D

299 1/2, you buggered off at half time on Tuesday remmeber! ;) :D :o

Latvian Eagle
17-10-2003, 12:42 PM
What was our Worthless Cup run in 2000/01?

I know we played Burnley, Tranmere, Sunderland and Liverpool, but wasn't there someone else? I can't remember. :sob:

I have worked out so far from the last 2 and a half seasons...

Been to 70 games
Home = 57
Away = 13
Won = 29
Drawn = 21
Lost = 20
9 of those games were cup games.

charltonhater
17-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
What was our Worthless Cup run in 2000/01?

I know we played Burnley, Tranmere, Sunderland and Liverpool, but wasn't there someone else? I can't remember. :sob:

Cardiff (home) and Leicester (away)

17-10-2003, 08:42 PM
I think it was Cardiff home and away in that Cup run - at home we fluked it 2-1 with Ruddock opening the scoring (!) and away was a 0-0 so we proceeded to the next round on goal difference. And, yes, Leicester away and one of the 2 Rubens goals for the club, the other also being in the Worthless Cup against Liverpool - wierd, eh?

Ant.Palace
17-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Baloo
I'm just trying to picture a 6-year-old davmatt going "Dad, Dad, you see Osborne just didn't run into the right space for that ball to be passed... pathetic, when is Pardew going to pass forward?..." :D

LOL. Classic!!:D :p