PDA

View Full Version : Pacy young defender on transfer list

Gaffer
05-02-2001, 09:05 PM
CARBON SET FOR BAGGIES EXIT
by Steve Bateman

WEST BROM'S Matt Carbon has been transfer-listed after a row with manager Gary Megson over the defender's omission from Saturday's starting line-up against Crystal Palace.

Carbon was sensationally told by Baggies boss Megson that he was not welcome on the team coach after a "heated" discussion over team selection.

"Matt Carbon has been put on the transfer-list and we'll see what happens now. The position is that Matt came to see me on Friday about the fact that he wasn't playing on Saturday," Megson told the club's official website.

"It got a little bit heated, so I told him I didn't want him travelling on the bus. I didn't want him with us and because of the timing, it meant we couldn't do anything else."

Carbon, who is out of contract in the summer, had recently become a regular in the Albion defence, but was dropped for Saturday's game after missing training on Thursday.

**Thoughts on this former record signing for the Baggies?

Steve in Phoenix
05-02-2001, 09:12 PM
Sign him up! Left footed, multi-positional, good header & marker from what Ive seen. Also used to be an England U21 from his Derby days... I remember him in their promotion year I think.
Weakness might be his positioning / tackling but there arent exactly a surplus of defenders like him around. Nice spot Gaffer.

Men At Work
05-02-2001, 09:17 PM
He and Pollock would certainly have something to chat about http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Palace
05-02-2001, 10:19 PM
YES YES YES!

He was Man Of The Match (i think) when we played them on the tele earlier this season! Smithy has to take note!

How much do you recon he would cost?

------------------
!HARRISON FOR ENGLAND! (seriously)

eagle mart
05-02-2001, 10:26 PM
Dirty ******, he almost ended Geore Ndah's career against Wolves. I think it was only Ndah's 2nd or 3rd game.

2can
05-02-2001, 10:30 PM
Sounds like a Ruddock type character to me - can only be bad news.

Gaffer
05-02-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 2can:
Sounds like a Ruddock type character to me - can only be bad news.

Tall, young, slim, quick and skilful. Couldn't be less like Ruddock if he tried.

Worthing Eagle
05-02-2001, 10:40 PM
yes I agree, snap him up. Only problem is West Brom are ok for cash at the moment, after selling Enzo Maresca to Juventus for £4.5m. So it might take £1m-£1.5m to tempt them to sell.

Funnily enough I've just signed him for Palace on Champ Manager, cost me £1.4m

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-02-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Worthing Eagle:
yes I agree, snap him up. Only problem is West Brom are ok for cash at the moment, after selling Enzo Maresca to Juventus for £4.5m. So it might take £1m-£1.5m to tempt them to sell.

But his contract runs out in the summer - potential Bosman.

Worthing Eagle
06-02-2001, 01:55 AM
excellent, we can either get him for a knockdown price now or on a bosman in the summer.

Onto another point, why the hell were we going to pay £750k for Asaba when he's worth nothing in three months time?

zonin2000
06-02-2001, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Worthing Eagle:

Onto another point, why the hell were we going to pay £750k for Asaba when he's worth nothing in three months time?

CUZ we are rich b******s hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stellavista
06-02-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by zonin2000:

CUZ we are rich b******s hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sure about that, Zonin?
Where's your evidence?

eagle from Iceland
06-02-2001, 04:12 AM
Why not buy him.But I don"t think we
will get relegated. But remember we are
without Fan and Mullins.
I think our chance to get relegated is
1/ against 1000
Many teams worse than us .What do you
think.

Vic Eagle
06-02-2001, 02:56 PM
I think the 'Dubliner' in Hafnarstræti is a great pub with decent Guinness and fit barmaids. Is it still open?

Glazier
06-02-2001, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix:
Also used to be an England U21 from his Derby days.

May be a problem with the current transfer policy. http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/frown.gif

eagle from Iceland
07-02-2001, 03:30 AM
Yes Dubliner is still there in Hafnarstræti.
You have been to Iceland haven"t you
Vic Eagle.If that is so,how do you like the
womans here in Iceland