PDA

View Full Version : both Li and Sun will stay in China...

batigol
06-02-2001, 07:04 AM
Due to the ban from Chinese FA, both Li and Sun will stay in China for now. So I figure Palace won't see them in Palace jersey in the near future. Frankly, I think the ban is somewhat ridiculous. In my view, the problem of Chinese football is too deep at this point and not even Bora can make the difference. He is too stupid to take the job. After all, team China has no chance to qualify for World Cup 2002.....

Duxie
06-02-2001, 03:17 PM
Are you sure about this?

It would make no sense whatsoever to stop your players improving overseas...especially if your aim is success in the World Cup!!!
Mind you, nothing the Chinese do should come as that much of a surprise...

Gooders
06-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Am I the only one who's thoroughly bored by this saga now?

JonnyF
06-02-2001, 04:00 PM
Very bored with it!

Knowing Palace, they will probably sign this week!!!

------------------

Sandowneagle
06-02-2001, 06:02 PM
If the pair of them can't make up their mind about joining Palace on a lucrative package when no other club appears interested, what chance have we got about them laying on a decisive pass.

GOD help us.

Time to look elsewhere.

------------------
I'm on my way......

Celestial Empire
06-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Right Gooders. I thought Italy, France and the US were the leading countries for treatment of sports injuries.

Maybe they will also put the arm on Fan to stay in China for a year or so, to play in the qualifiers ?

OLD BASING EAGLE
07-02-2001, 05:00 AM
Bored bored bored bored bored.

Tell us what is happening NOW. I am sick of waiting, how long does it take to sign a player for crying out loud.

If its fallen through put us out of our misery.
I WANT TO KNOW AND I WANT TO KNOW NOW
(sorry to shout but this is getting beyond the ridiculous)
There we go rattle is now out of pram

Jim Cannons Moustache
07-02-2001, 05:09 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRIINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Let me know when something definate has happened.

07-02-2001, 05:11 AM
At the risk of adding to the boredom, Fan has flown back to China for treatment on his hamstring and will be trying to persuade Sun and Li to come to Palace.

Gaffer
07-02-2001, 05:12 AM
All these different "sources" providing "news" from China are increasingly tedious and frequently wide of the mark.

If I could be bothered I'd make some gag about a Far East Teamtalk agency but I'm so bored with it I really can't be bothered.

Gooders
07-02-2001, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by tmjwat:
At the risk of adding to the boredom, Fan has flown back to China for treatment on his hamstring and will be trying to persuade Sun and Li to come to Palace.

Two things:

Why on earth does he have to have a hamstring injury treated in China?!!!

And if they really don't want to come, isn't it about time we went after people who might actually show some interest in playing for us?

07-02-2001, 05:26 AM
Quite right, Gooders. But Fan must be worth a fortune in Air Miles.

Gaffer
07-02-2001, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Gooders:
Why on earth does he have to have a hamstring injury treated in China?!!!

And if they really don't want to come, isn't it about time we went after people who might actually show some interest in playing for us?

Couldn't agree more Gooders.

But then you make the fatal mistake of trying to bolt together the phrases "Crystal Palace FC", "common sense" and "transfer market".

batigol
07-02-2001, 06:57 AM
Sun jihai is hurt at this moment, while Li Ming is with the Chinese national team in Thailand to compete for King's Cup. Anyhow, both of them won't come to Palace in the near future.....

KindaCPFan
08-02-2001, 06:58 PM
I'd like to say something as a fan of CP in China.
1. If you know the history of China football team in the World Cup qualification, you won't be strange about the ban of Sun and Li. As one of the lead team in asia, representing the country of the most population in the world (of course, the most fans in the world), China football team has never, never been into the World Cup Final. They tried every methods but no any result. If a person is mad at something, he will find any way to get it, such as a football team.

2. About Fan's treat, I have something to say. When Fan is 14 years old, the leg has some problem. Some doctors said he can't play football. But one doctor said he can let fan O.K. and he succeeded. This doctor is the doctor now treats Fan's leg. If you has some problems, you will trust the person who has ever helped you, isn't it right?

3. I believe Li and Sun won't come. But what is the most important thing for CP and their fans, YES, it is the Premier League. I believe if CP can into the Premier League next year, Sun and Li wishes to come absolutely. And that time the eagle can fly over the London City, over the whole UK, over the world, at least over the heart of Chinese football fans.

God Bless Chinese national football team and Crystal Palace football team.

One CP Fan

Celestial Empire
08-02-2001, 07:27 PM
KindaCPFan - Question :
Why do you think China has never qualified for a World Cup ???

KindaCPFan
08-02-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire:
KindaCPFan - Question :
Why do you think China has never qualified for a World Cup ???

This is fact. China has never qualified for World Cup Final in the history. No Why, Just is a fact.

[This message has been edited by KindaCPFan (edited 08 February 2001).]

Daddy Long
08-02-2001, 07:46 PM
But why haven't they? Bad luck? Lack of skill? Bad management? Dodgy pitches? Why?

Beanie
08-02-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long:
But why haven't they? Bad luck? Lack of skill? Bad management? Dodgy pitches? Why?

Yes

I don't think that keeping players in a rather poor league (okay only seen it on TV but that would surely be their best) will help them develop much either. Latvia have a much better idea - get as many players as possible into the best league possible and the national side has the best chance of improving.

Celestial Empire
08-02-2001, 08:20 PM
KindaCPFan - don't think I'm unsympathetic - I would love to see China qualify.
The Chinese womens team are magnificent !
I have a fair idea why China haven't qualified, but what is your opinion ??

KindaCPFan
08-02-2001, 08:28 PM
Sometimes because of bad luck (have you heard about a team can lose 2 balls in the last 3 minutes in 2 games, and they only need 1 point in these 2 games), sometimes because of bad management (have you heard about a coach apply the defend strategy in the whole game which they should win to get the qualification), but I think the main issue is the team player need more experiences and skills.

I should tell that I think go outside chinese league is benefit to the chinese players. And I personally think the ban is a stupid decision. But I understand it. Bora worried about the chinese best players can't join the qualification, if they are in U.K. And he hasn't enough time to teach them.

And maybe you know, Fan will be absent from the league and go to join the qualification this April.