PDA

View Full Version : Koumas and Sun again

Beanie
12-02-2001, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by pedro:
If Koumas did come it would be because he would get first team football every week

Are you sure? - he's a good player but I think it would be wrong to assume he'd play every game. He's better than the Tommy Black we are seeing now - but not than the early season version and I can't see him battling it out in the Rodger / Pollock / Thomson role. At £3m I wouldn't be that keen to sign him.

Dave
12-02-2001, 06:28 PM
Looking good:

Palace close in on Sun Jihai
Nationwide Newsroom
Monday, February 12, 2001

Crystal Palace have confirmed that they hope to wrap up the signing of Chinese international Sun Jihai in the immediate future.

The defender has been a long-term target of the Eagles and flies into the country later today from Chinese club Dalian Wanda. He is a familiar face to the fans, having spent time at the club under Terry Venables.

"Sun is coming to London this week and we have already signed a £2million deal with his club Dalian," said Palace chairman Simon Jordan.

"It looks like we're going to settle the deal once and for all. Palace fans know already what a superb player he is from his first spell."

The move has been delayed due to the player's international commitments. He played for the club for a year and a half under Venables and if this week's talks are completed successfully, he will join up with compatriot Fan Zhiyi.
PALACE LINE UP £5M DOUBLE DEAL
Sky Sports

Crystal Palace are finally set to seal the £2 million signing of Chinese international star Sun Jihai.

The Dalian Wanda defender, who has already had one spell at Selhurst Park during the ill-fated Mark Goldberg era, is due to fly into London today (Monday) to agree personal terms with the Eagles.

And Palace chairman Simon Jordan has also revealed he has tabled a £3 million offer for Tranmere Rovers’ highly-rated ace Jason Koumas.

“Sun is coming to London this week and we have already signed a £2 million deal with his club Dalian,” he said.

“It looks like we’re going to settle the deal once and for all. Palace fans know already what a superb player he is from his first spell.”

And Jordan hopes to take his spending past the £10 million mark by completing a £3 million move for 21-year-old midfielder Koumas.

“We think he is a very good player and have offered what Tranmere wanted but they have not returned our phone call so I don’t know what happens now,” said Jordan.

“They said, ‘we want £3 million’, we said ‘OK, we’ll pay it’ and then they don’t get back to us.”

If Jihai agrees personal terms, he will join Chinese international team-mate Fan Zhiyi at Selhurst Park. The attacking full back spent a season-and-a-half at Palace when Terry Venables was manager but was forced to return to Dalian Wanda for £750,000 at the special request of the local mayor.

Jihai was all set to re-sign for the First Division club before Christmas but the move was delayed because of the star’s international commitments.
Eagles poised to clinch Sun deal
BBC Sport

Crystal Palace have confirmed that they hope to conclude the signing of Chinese international Sun Jihai in the immediate future.
The defender has been a long-term target of the Eagles and flies into the country on Monday from Chinese club Dalian Wanda. He is a familiar face to the fans, having spent time at the club under Terry Venables.

"Sun is coming to London this week and we have already signed a £2m deal with his club Dalian," said Palace chairman Simon Jordan.

"It looks like we're going to settle the deal once and for all. Palace fans know already what a superb player he is from his first spell."

The move has been delayed due to the player's international commitments.

He played for the club for a year and a half under Venables and if this week's talks are completed successfully, he will join up with compatriot Fan Zhiyi.

------------------
All those who believe in telekinesis raise my hand.

Gazza1
12-02-2001, 07:51 PM
No chance of us getting Koumas.

For one Tranmere are not returning our calls. Although they will sell him as soon as they are knocked out of FA Cup (as they will need the money to cover losses - they only managed last year as they had 2 such good cup runs), it will be to a Premier League club. They will just use Palace's bid to get a higher price.

Darlingtoneagle
12-02-2001, 09:11 PM
We dont need a striker, we need defenders, no matter how much i like jansen i really believe that he is not neccessary for the cause. Before you say that Koumas is a midfielder, i know this also, and in his case i still believe that his purchase is not necessary.

Beanie
12-02-2001, 09:37 PM
We need strikers as well - and midfielders and possibly a goalkeeper. We need any player who can make the squad stronger, we can then offload from the "bottom" end of the squad to thin out. We also need to sign them as they become available - until such time as it can only be a defender OR a striker, which isn't yet. The arguement that we can't sign Koumas as he's not a defender makes no sense at all. If we can sign him, and still have the resources to get a defender when one becomes available go for it.

Having said that, I don't think we need Koumas £3m badly, not because he isn't a defender but because it's still only potential after all.

Fatman
13-02-2001, 05:27 AM
Sky sports says that weve made a 3 million bid for koumas and 2 million deal for Sun. Finally a left back!!!

Great news as far as I'm concerned but:

Are they worth a combined 5 million??
Will they help us in a push for promotion next season???
Who will they replace??
Has SJ really got all this money??

Ladies and gentleman...over to you

------------------
Be Good

arussell
13-02-2001, 05:30 AM
Surely these are dead deals now ? - premier league clubs and also Fulham are supposedly interested in Koumas so I can't see him joining us.

It's about the limit I would pay for either player (and even then I don't think Koumas is worth 3 million - I'd rather spend 4 and get Matt Jansen back), although I can think of cheaper and probably just as effective replacements.

pedro
13-02-2001, 05:52 AM
I'd rather have Jansen back but can we really get him for £4m I thought he would be a lot more. If Koumas did come it would be because he would get first team football every week but we would only be a stepping stone in his eyes.

Statto
13-02-2001, 05:52 AM
Agree with russell

------------------
-Get your hand off it
-Good Call!