PDA

View Full Version : Sorondo and Ventola sign on loan

Pages : 1 [2]

TheCharmer
01-09-2004, 09:24 AM
More info in the Standard on the two Intern players
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/12900723?source=Evening%20Standard

interesting that Sorondo is a no nonsense centre back. Who will he replace Poppo?

Big-Griff
01-09-2004, 09:58 AM
I cant belive you people,not to long ago we were going down,ID arrives turns the team around and now we are in the prem........if it is only for one term enjoy the ride........so far the big man has done us proud so stop your fretting and back his methods all the way.......we now have a boss to inspire our squad and maybe just maybe the dream can live on past next may,if it dont then so what we will all have had a glimpse of the promised land,and will want some more......i belive we will stay up ID is just starting the ball rolling.....so chin up and lets back the team as only we know how.

lordanton
01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Big-Griff
I cant belive you people,not to long ago we were going down,ID arrives turns the team around and now we are in the prem........if it is only for one term enjoy the ride........so far the big man has done us proud so stop your fretting and back his methods all the way.......we now have a boss to inspire our squad and maybe just maybe the dream can live on past next may,if it dont then so what we will all have had a glimpse of the promised land,and will want some more......i belive we will stay up ID is just starting the ball rolling.....so chin up and lets back the team as only we know how.

:lux:

DaveTuttles
01-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Exactly, a couple of wins puts us easily in the top half, just relax chamone.

Phil O'Sophical
01-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Lion
Confirmed on offical site at last.

And they had the nerve to label it "Breaking News". They had five lines on it at 9.45 with "more to follow shortly". By 11.00 they had exactly the same story as everybody else. What a contrast to the Inter site where they have up to the minute news posted all round the clock and even same day pictures of the players training.

The Palace web site would be a disgrace to Sunday pub team, the speed it operates. Why is it always the LAST to post Palace news by a country mile??:veryangry

Big-Griff
01-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
And they had the nerve to label it "Breaking News". They had five lines on it at 9.45 with "more to follow shortly". By 11.00 they had exactly the same story as everybody else. What a contrast to the Inter site where they have up to the minute news posted all round the clock and even same day pictures of the players training.

The Palace web site would be a disgrace to Sunday pub team, the speed it operates. Why is it always the LAST to post Palace news by a country mile??:veryangry

That why we are here Phil,to spread the word!:p

Chris Finch
01-09-2004, 12:15 PM
http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10323~557236,00.html

confirmation from cpfc.co.uk

Kirby
01-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
Exactly, a couple of wins puts us easily in the top half, just relax chamone.

Hee heee!

Sleeping Giant
01-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by What?
To be honest, I am really delighted with Ventola, I signed him on Champ! And on PES come to think of it. That MUST be a sure fire sign he is going to be a hit.

what a striker with a 1 in 4-5 hit rate? That'll be what 9 goals this season or something. Let's have a party!!!!!

Kirby
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Dance bitch, DANCE! :lux:

TheCharmer
02-09-2004, 04:02 AM
better than Shipperley last year then!

henryhallandhisbasque
02-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Has the loan deal for these two players come with an option to buy?

Gerry from Sussex
02-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Sleeping Giant
what a striker with a 1 in 4-5 hit rate? That'll be what 9 goals this season or something. Let's have a party!!!!!

That's it, think positive!

Anyway, you can't compare strike rates in Italy and England directly - games over there are generally more defensive and lower scoring so 1 in 4 is really not too bad at all.

Farawayeagle
02-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex
That's it, think positive!

Anyway, you can't compare strike rates in Italy and England directly - games over there are generally more defensive and lower scoring so 1 in 4 is really not too bad at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really true:

Last season the top four in Italy had a spread of between 65 to 59 goals For and a spread of 19 to 42 goals Against.

In the premiership it was 73 to 55 For and 26 to 37 Against.

Boyandy
02-09-2004, 07:57 AM

That's a better hit rate than Johnson had when he was at Birmingham - except Ventola was up against Serie A defenders.

Might be an idea to give him at least a match in a Palace shirt before you start getting on his back?

eagles #1
03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
oh great, just reading the advertiser and noticed that Sorondo is believed to have sustained an injury whilst training with Uraguay and the palace backroom team await the results. not another one!!

Sleeping Giant
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
That's a better hit rate than Johnson had when he was at Birmingham - except Ventola was up against Serie A defenders.

Might be an idea to give him at least a match in a Palace shirt before you start getting on his back?

Yeah and Chris Armstrong scored bugger all before he came to us. That isn't the point though. There are exceptions to the general rule but I want Palace to maximise the possibility of a signing being a success, given our limited resources. I think SJ or ID have even said they wanted to do adopt this policy, which pleased me. I'm not interested in strikers who are less than 1 in 3, alright 3.5, under such circumstances. If he hasn't always played as a striker then that changes things ofcourse!

DaveTuttles
03-09-2004, 01:02 PM
chamone, kiss my bad ass!

zonin2000
03-09-2004, 01:31 PM

If Wayne Andrews scored 9 goals this season- would you be disappointed??!

If AJ managed 9, I'd be delighted!

maestro
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
i wouldnt be that delighted he's got 2 already

Jasper
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah and Chris Armstrong scored bugger all before he came to us. That isn't the point though. There are exceptions to the general rule but I want Palace to maximise the possibility of a signing being a success, given our limited resources. I think SJ or ID have even said they wanted to do adopt this policy, which pleased me. I'm not interested in strikers who are less than 1 in 3, alright 3.5, under such circumstances. If he hasn't always played as a striker then that changes things ofcourse!

So what you are looking for is a striker from seire A with a strike rate better than 1 in 3? Shevchenko perhaps? or maybe Adriano. Seire A is notoriously a league which is hard to score in. Think before you start slagging off players.

Jasper
03-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
chamone, kiss my bad ass!

This guy's got the right idea. Are you the real David Tuttle?

Kirby
03-09-2004, 01:54 PM
CARL VEART, IS A GOAL MACHINE...! :p

Kirby
03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Ow!

Kirby
03-09-2004, 04:08 PM
According to an agent on 'Premier League Preview' (Sky Sports), TWO OTHER PREMIERSHIP CLUBS wanted Sorondo and Ventola. He said it was to the credit of Crystal Palace that they joined us.

Wonder who the other two clubs were? Good work Dowie et al for convincing them to join us! :p

Aki Aki Aki
03-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
According to an agent on 'Premier League Preview' (Sky Sports), TWO OTHER PREMIERSHIP CLUBS wanted Sorondo and Ventola. He said it was to the credit of Crystal Palace that they joined us.

Wonder who the other two clubs were? Good work Dowie et al for convincing them to join us! :p

Pompey and West Brom ?

Oxford Eagle
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm really glad that Ventola can take free kicks. If we can push on and really threaten from set pieces that could be the difference between our staying up and not.

InterFan
03-09-2004, 10:24 PM
I think Ventola will be a good signing for you guys,He has played fairly well in preseason and he scored a great goal against Palermo(a Volley from the edge of the box)but with the strikers inter has he was never going to play more then 5 to 10 games if he stayed,Sorondo from what I heard was one of Standard Leige best players last year and I hope he can replicate that form for you guys:) if you want to know anymore about these guys just ask!

daz_eagle
03-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Cheers for that InterFan. Good to hear.

Gooders
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks Interfan.

Do either of the guys speak much English?

NZsparky
03-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by InterFan
I think Ventola will be a good signing for you guys,He has played fairly well in preseason and he scored a great goal against Palermo(a Volley from the edge of the box)but with the strikers inter has he was never going to play more then 5 to 10 games if he stayed,Sorondo from what I heard was one of Standard Leige best players last year and I hope he can replicate that form for you guys:) if you want to know anymore about these guys just ask!
What part of NZ are you at Dude?

InterFan
04-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
Thanks Interfan.

Do either of the guys speak much English?

I dont think so!

InterFan
04-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by NZsparky
What part of NZ are you at Dude?
Timaru

st albans
04-09-2004, 12:55 AM

oh for gods sake.....

EddieEdwards
05-09-2004, 09:49 AM
The grooviest Led Zeppelin fan in the whole of Italy just happens to be a huge fan of FC Inter. I asked him what we can expect from our new boys and this, for those who are interested, is what he told me.

Well, now, what can you expect from Ventola (it means Fan... from to fan...you know the fan of a ventilator) and Sorondo eh? I try to give you some explanation:

NICOLA VENTOLA: we bought him some years ago when he was younger and he was one of the brightest hope of italian forwards. We payed him somthing like 26.000.000.000 italian lire, that means 13 millions of euros (remember 6 or 7 years ago). Unfortunately he did not blossom, also because he had a footbal injury and it took a lot to recover. It seems now that he is in good form and fully recovered, but we had so many forwards (ADRIANO - VIERI - MARTINS - RECOBA - CRUZ) so we had to sell him and Kallon. Well Eddie, I think honesty that he is a good player. He is not an excellent one, but he is good enough and I think he is perfect for the premiership. He is also intelligent, one of the few italian footballers who went to university and who can put together more than two sentences.

GONZALO SORONDO: for us, Inter supporters, he is a bit of a mystery...an ufo. He played few games so...who knows...really!. Many of us think he is no good, but I'm not sure about it. He came in Italy when he was young, from south america and he came in Inter. You have to know that to play with Inter may be VERY VERY VERY VERY difficult. We have a good name, probably we are (or were) one of the best teams of the whole Europe, we have a big tradition behind us, but it's 15 years since we won our last Scudetto (italian serie A) and 40 years since we won our last Champions league. There are many pressures on us, the other teams' supporter keep on joking on us everytime because we spend lotta money buying big and famous players but in the end we never win. Inter is a crazy team, a real blues team, and I love it also for this (I must be a kind of a masochist).

So Eddie, don't expect you can do a good season because of them, but they may help, especially Ventola.

eagles #1
05-09-2004, 10:37 AM
havent won the title in 15 years?? bloody hell!

InterFan
05-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
havent won the title in 15 years?? bloody hell!

dont remind me!:(

nookiebear
05-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Apologies, I've been on me hols in Greece and not been near a computer all week :) - is Sorondo a left-back or centre-half?

Is the BBS generally pleased with these signings, and Andrews?

Niceaction
05-09-2004, 09:17 PM
It was a relief just to sign any players on transfer deadline day. The Inter players were confirmed on the Inter website at about 21:00 and no one knew about Andrews until the day after dealine day.
Of the three, I think a lot of hopw is being placed on Ventola. If he can recreate his form of a few years ago he can be fantastic. No one knows about Sorondo really, so we will have to wait and see.

Sussex Eagle
06-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Apologies, I've been on me hols in Greece and not been near a computer all week :) - is Sorondo a left-back or centre-half?

Is the BBS generally pleased with these signings, and Andrews?

ID seems to be hinting he'll be playing him at Left Back. BBS in general seems to be positive on NV, indifferent on GS, and rather negative on WA. Imo, all deserve the same chance to prove themselves;

The Vicar
06-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Apologies, I've been on me hols in Greece and not been near a computer all week :)

Well done, mate!

Ventolo sounds like competition for Torghelle, and good back up for the Hungarian when he's injured. We don't really know about Sorondo, but he appears to be left-footed, which means he might be able to play in place of Granville if necessary. The bloke from the lower leagues, no one really knows about. The Dowie brothers between them have extensive first hand experience with him, though. In Dowie we trust. He appears to have pace, but can he hit the side of a barn door? Not bothered either way, I suspect he will be in the reserves unless we go back down.

The big questions -- the transfer window has closed until January. Where is our desperately needed centre mid and left side cover for Coca Cola?

BTW, how was Greece? :lux:

Funk Butter
06-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I saw a Premier League preview show that had the agents that brokered the deal for Ventola/Sorondo. He said that 2 or 3 other Premier League teams were in for 1 or both, but they both chose Palace. Could have just been some agent speak, but good to hear if not.

Gerry from Sussex
06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by EddieEdwards
GONZALO SORONDO: for us, Inter supporters, he is a bit of a mystery...an ufo.

Another record for Palace - the first english football club to play an Unidentified Flying Object at left back!

nookiebear
06-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by The Vicar
Well done, mate!

Ventolo sounds like competition for Torghelle, and good back up for the Hungarian when he's injured. We don't really know about Sorondo, but he appears to be left-footed, which means he might be able to play in place of Granville if necessary. The bloke from the lower leagues, no one really knows about. The Dowie brothers between them have extensive first hand experience with him, though. In Dowie we trust. He appears to have pace, but can he hit the side of a barn door? Not bothered either way, I suspect he will be in the reserves unless we go back down.

The big questions -- the transfer window has closed until January. Where is our desperately needed centre mid and left side cover for Coca Cola?

BTW, how was Greece? :lux:

Greece was magnficent, thanks fella :)

I imagine Sorondo is going to play left-back, otherwise what's the point in getting him in for a year? We already have Popo, Powell, Hudson, Hall and Mikelle (who can't get anywhere near the subs bench now)

I have faith in Dowie, but just don't see the point in signing Sorondo as a centre-half, so surely he must be going to play him at LB?

Andrews is a funny one as well - would he get in before Ventola, Shipps, Freedman, AJ, Sandor, Ivan? I doubt it - he's surely a player for the Championship if we go down