PDA

View Full Version : transfer deadline

alexb
01-09-2004, 09:09 AM
I appreciate how hard it must be signing players of real quality who will improve the club and I sympathise with SJ and ID's predicament but I am sure I am not alone in thinking we have gone to improve the wrong positions.

We now have SEVEN potential first team centre backs and SEVEN potential first team strikers - 14 players fighting for 4 places. In addition, from what I have seen of the team so far this season is that we are lacking in midfield- we are struggling to keep the ball against quality sides. We have only 4 or 5 players for two central midfield postions!!

Are not top heavy in defence and attack and v v light in midfield??

I would never doubt the messiah ID, but just hope he can perform miracles!

lordanton
01-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Erm, see other threads mate. Several cover this. Please look before posting a new thread. :)

Welcome to the BBS - well at least posting on it anyway!

glaziers fan
01-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by alexb
I appreciate how hard it must be signing players of real quality who will improve the club and I sympathise with SJ and ID's predicament but I am sure I am not alone in thinking we have gone to improve the wrong positions.

We now have SEVEN potential first team centre backs and SEVEN potential first team strikers - 14 players fighting for 4 places. In addition, from what I have seen of the team so far this season is that we are lacking in midfield- we are struggling to keep the ball against quality sides. We have only 4 or 5 players for two central midfield postions!!

Are not top heavy in defence and attack and v v light in midfield??

I would never doubt the messiah ID, but just hope he can perform miracles!

Very light on the left hand side too.