cpfclife
01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
i screwed up!

brighton_eagle
01-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I think I'll wait a month or two.

Great Lombardi
01-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I am most excited about Ventola... All we need now is a song for him.

cpfclife
01-09-2004, 11:02 AM
alot 2 choose from

CPFC987
01-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Ventola OOOOHOOOH
He comes from Italy
He plays for Iain Dowie
Ventola OOOOHOOOH

no?

cpfclife
01-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by CPFC987
Ventola OOOOHOOOH
He comes from Italy
He plays for Iain Dowie
Ventola OOOOHOOOH

no?

No sounds good to me!

Tor
01-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Torghelle, no doubt. :p

Great Lombardi
01-09-2004, 11:05 AM
What about

Ventola OOOHOOOH
He comes from Italy
He plays for CPFC

Admittedly your genius inspired me CPFC987

CPFC987
01-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
What about

Ventola OOOHOOOH
He comes from Italy
He plays for CPFC

Admittedly your genius inspired me CPFC987

:) I like it :)

RDSdaEAGLE
01-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Niiicola Ventola
Niiicola Ventola
Niiicola Ventola
Niiicola Ventola

(To the same tune that Di Canio's West Ham song was sung)

Salisbury
01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Oooooohhhhhhhh Nicolas Ventola give us a gola

RDSdaEAGLE
01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Torghelle for me too, although Fitz Hall is also class.

ItalianEagle
01-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Ni-co-la Ventola facci un goal

Ni-co-la Ventola facci un goal

Ni-co-la Ventola Ventola Ventola

Facci un goal!

or

Ventolà Ventolà quando gioca segna sempre Ventolà
Ventolà Ventolà quando gioca segna sempre Ventolà

or

Dalla Holmesdale alle Ande Ventola sei grande
Ad Highbury o Old Traff̣rd tu sarai il nostro Lord.
Facci sognare ancora la Premiersh́p
Con Aj, Torghelle, Kaviedes e Shipp!

paulos99
01-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Hall for me, haven't seen enough of Torghelle yet.

bo04991
01-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Torghelle has played one competitive game out of 4 and yet is winning the votes

Trist
01-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Kolkaa for me is my initial favorite... I know he hasn't produced the good yet, but I think once he's settled we'll cause real problems with Kolkka and Routledge on the wings.

adrenalin john
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Torgelle for me. I think Hudson and Hall are also class signings and maybe will become more valuable players, but I just loved the desire committment and bravery Torgelle has demonstrated so far. (in the one game I saw him play at Norwich) Definitely the sort of guy you would want next to you in the trenches.

Big-Griff
01-09-2004, 11:40 AM
for me at the moment it's Kolkaa,looks like the replacement for jules will make the grade needs to build his weight up though,a few Emeck mixed kebabs will do the trick.

Gerry from Sussex
01-09-2004, 11:40 AM
I would have voted for Gareth Taylor if he'd been on the list but seeing as he isn't I'll go for Sandor

Gerry from Sussex
01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Yes, I am mad!

Jasper
01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
what surprises me about this is that alot of people have been quick to slag off kolkka and kavides after less than 5 games, yet people generally have good things to say about torghelle after one decent performance against the weakest opposition we have faced yet. Is Torghelle in for the same treatment if he doesn't play a blinder on his return from injury? On other threads people are saying that when Sandor returns we'll be alot better, a tad presumptious I think. And is anyone else of the opinion that the signing of Wayne Andrews is a waste of time. Especially if he forces out Dougie Freedman. We have strikers Galore and no creativity in the centre of midfield. I'm not normally one to question Dowie's judgement but two strikers and a defender were not the positions we needed to fill. I chose Hall by the way, just ahead of Hudson. I didn't even consider Torghelle.

Wright+Bright
01-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Andrews!!! No doubt!!!

Jasper
01-09-2004, 11:43 AM
two votes for kiraly, someone is surely having a laugh or maybe gabor and a mate has logged on and voted.

I.Flyer
01-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Much too early to say yet.

Re chants can't we use something along the lines of:

Va va va voom, va va va voom, V E N T O L A

:cool:

Gerry from Sussex
01-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Yes he has only played one game but I would guess the high number of votes for Sandor are based on: a) in the game he did play he probably looked the best of our new signings; and b) he looks the type of player who will always give that extra 10 per cent (i.e. we think he will become a fans favourite).

lordanton
01-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Kiraly is a very good keeper. However, Ventola has the potential to be very exciting - an Inter player for feck's sake!

I 100% agree with adrenaline john about Sandor, though.

Gerry from Sussex
01-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Interesting that Sorondo has no votes and Ventola has 7 when neither of them have played yet. Obviously some eager anticipation of a few goals hitting the back of the net there. I wouldn't be surprised if 'Lalo' soon becomes something of a favourite though when he starts knocking opposition forwards six foot in the air - the man looks like a walking mountain!!

CPFC987
01-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Fitz Hall takes the lead!

tsunamiman
01-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Sorondo gets my vote. Quality defender interesting to see who he partners. Gotta be big poppa for me. (Sorry to all hudson fans)

Fountainhead
01-09-2004, 12:16 PM
From what I've seen (the 2 home games live and the extended highlights of the 2 away games) it would be Hall for me although Torghelle looked exciting against Norwich and I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Selhurst Celtic
01-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
I am most excited about Ventola... All we need now is a song for him.

I posted this in GPD:

A reworking of a classic perhaps?

Nicola Ventola
Give him to me
on loan from Inter
In Italeeeee
He's got hair
But we don't care
We've got Ventola
From Italeeeee

:D

Just those last Lombardo-esque hair related lines that need working on I reckon.

jazman
01-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Torghelle and Ventola for me. Chose Ventola on pure excitement factor - shades of Lomabardo about it. Could be the one to get the crowd going. Will be interesting to see, but I have a feeling ID has a free midfielder in mind (Petit?)

tsunamiman
01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm just happy that we have now got 4 strikers who "can" score at least 10 goals mabye more in the prem. One who will almost definately score more.

Kirby
01-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Torghelle for me. He looked quality vs Norwich and is quite clearly a nutter!

Looking forward to seeing Ventola and Sorondo though! COME ON!!! :lux:

sydnsteve
01-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Hudson. I really rated him last season, then he looked a bit iffy vs Norwich but has improved with every game. I think him and Hall will be a great CB pairing for Palace.

TonbridgeEagle
01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Kolkka for me to (Speroni came a close second).

daz_eagle
01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
gotta love speroni.

Scifo
01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Speroni Still have high hopes for him, think he could still be one of our best signings
Kiraly I hope Speroni plays so well that we never get to see him play, his reputation seems good enough that he could be a quality back-up if Speroni get's injured/turns out to be sh*t
Boyce After Butterfield gets back, I'd like to hope he be plays almost as many games as he did last year. I'd be nervous having to rely on Boyce for a long period again.
Hudson Solid but not spectacular, I don't know if there is much between Hudson/Hall and Popocic for the central Defenders birth.
Hall See Hudson. I had hoped we'd sign 1-2 central midfielders so he wouldn't have to be used here again.
Serondo I don't know much about him but if he plays central defence I hope he's a significant improvement on what we've got. Someone mentioned him on these boards as a possible left back, I wanted to see Granville succeed in the Premiership this year but If we've got a better option it may be wise to take it
Kolkka We really sould have got cover/competition for this place, he might improve but seemed to be a bit of a weak link inb the first few matches
Kaviedes wasn't too hot Vs. Chelsea but could be one of the best signings. I'd like to see how he works out in centre midfield
Andrews Don't know much about him, former Dowie player apparently and a Colchester favourite, don't know what affect this will have on the premiership
Ventola Assuming AJ is infallible Ventolla and Torghelle look to be in competition for the same place. I was impresses with Torghelle in the first game but proper competition is always good
Torghelle See Ventola.

screamingalice
01-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
Kiraly is a very good keeper. However, Ventola has the potential to be very exciting - an Inter player for feck's sake!

I 100% agree with adrenaline john about Sandor, though.

Whats so good about Inter? never beaten the Palace and we have a 100% record at the San Siro!!!

Dowies bets signings so far-A.J. (new contract) Wayne (new contract) Aki (new contract) Butts (new contract) Ben Watson (new contract) Hall, Hudson and Leigertwood. These are the backbone of a strong Palace team for a few years to come. But the best one of all will be when I.D. at last puts pen to paper!

LP
01-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Someone vote for Andrews, if he reads this he'll think noone wants him! (I've already placed my vote elsewhere).

LP
01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Ta, whoever it was. Andrews for England!

Kirby
01-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
But the best one of all will be when I.D. at last puts pen to paper!

He did a few weeks ago didn't he?

screamingalice
01-09-2004, 02:59 PM
There seems to be some confusion. All the team seem to have signed, but last I read I.D. was still waiting to put pen to paper?

johnnytemper
01-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
I posted this in GPD:

A reworking of a classic perhaps?

Nicola Ventola
Give him to me
on loan from Inter
In Italeeeee
He's got hair
But we don't care
We've got Ventola
From Italeeeee

:D

That's genius! :p :lux:

[well, as far as football chants goes anyway...]

cpfc_spc1982
01-09-2004, 03:08 PM
hall i think has the most potential if played at the back.
i like torghelle the sort of player we need but not sure if he will score many goals.

Big Fella
01-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Best signing for me has to be Dowie and his four year deal :p

Trist
01-09-2004, 03:34 PM
We sign a striker from Inter Milan & he gets less than 12%. A great indication that Dowie's made what will hopefully turn out to be some very good signings!

Nice to see that votes are spread across a few different players, its good that we haven't brought in one "superstar" player that we are pinning all our hopes on. We actually building a team!

COME ON PALACE!!!

paulos99
01-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Out of interest does anyone know how much we have spent in total? If its as little as I think it is, I think we have done quite well.

csrichard
01-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I voted for Kiraly. I'm Hungarian so I chose from the two Hungarians :) Torghelle might have potential but Kiraly has proven his abilities so many times he deserved to be put ahead of Torghelle. He is a big signing. Unfortunately you haven't had the chance to see how big, that's why he has only 4 votes yet. I hope Speroni will do well, but when Kiraly gets his chance, please treat him like Speroni and be patient instead of kicking him after one mistake. I hope he will make no mistakes though :)

hernehilleagle
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Haven't seen Torghelle yet, so one size or Hudson

Kirby
01-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Big Fella
Dowie and his four year deal :p

Thought so :lux:

limited_edition
01-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Hall. Even played out of position, he's been pretty handy. Dowie will turn him into a top class midfielder yet. Watch this space.

Torghelle. Admittedly, we haven't seen much from him, but his touch is excellent, and he is prepared to die for the cause.

Ventola used to be an excellent player. He's been on loan plenty of times in the last few years, though. At 26, he's far from a hasbeen looking to make quick payday in England. Unlike say Padovano.

Shipp Ahoy!
01-09-2004, 10:31 PM
I am going to wait before voting!

PalacefaninRome
01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I wish I could see a Palace game, that way I might be able to give a good opinion, but as I live in Rome and the last game I went to was Stockport-Palace, I vote for Dougie (although he came quite a while ago!)

PalacefaninRome
01-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Just kidding I vote Ventola, I hate Inter and would have prefered to see Adriano in a Palace shirt, but Ventola will do!

PalacefaninRome
01-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Ps - what happened about Kily?

The Vicar
01-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Hall. Even played out of position, he's been pretty handy. Dowie will turn him into a top class midfielder yet. Watch this space.

Torghelle. Admittedly, we haven't seen much from him, but his touch is excellent, and he is prepared to die for the cause.

Ventola used to be an excellent player. He's been on loan plenty of times in the last few years, though. At 26, he's far from a hasbeen looking to make quick payday in England. Unlike say Padovano.

I agree. The best acquisitions have been:

Hall, Torghelle and Ventola.

Q2thaZ
01-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Ok own up who voted for Wayne Andrews?!

Personally went for Boyce - jumped 2 divisions and hasn't looked out of place, good solid back up for Butters.

Micky Spilane
02-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by PalacefaninRome
I wish I could see a Palace game, that way I might be able to give a good opinion, but as I live in Rome and the last game I went to was Stockport-Palace, I vote for Dougie (although he came quite a while ago!)

Perhaps you might come to Charlton-Palace at the end of this season, never know you may be our lucky mascot!

PalacefaninRome
02-09-2004, 04:03 PM
I wish, but flying from Rome on my wages is a bit expensive! If a mascot is what you need, I watched the West Ham game on the BBC site on the internet! One day I'll be rich enough to fly over every saturday like in the old days...

Jay_eagle
02-09-2004, 08:54 PM
quite a few chocies, ventola is gonna do the biz with aj

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Hall, Torhelle all close but I went for Hudson. Wierd as 2 out of 3 of them I would not always start. I just think that although Hudson is young and it may be more experience for him this year that he will develop with us and stay for a long time and really cares for the club

Unless Dowie goes elsewhere and takes him with him though!

Cleon
03-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Torghelle is my early favourite, although am impressed by all of our signings that I've seen so far (with the possible exception of Kaviedes, but hey, give him time....)

Stellavista
03-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex
Interesting that Sorondo has no votes and Ventola has 7 when neither of them have played yet. Obviously some eager anticipation of a few goals hitting the back of the net there. I wouldn't be surprised if 'Lalo' soon becomes something of a favourite though when he starts knocking opposition forwards six foot in the air - the man looks like a walking mountain!!

Indeed, I'm hoping we're getting a mixture of Cannon & Droy here. :eek:

cpfclife
03-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Torghelle has played 2 games y so many votes?

mainstandeagle
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Because he appears very committed, and willing to give his all for the cause.

Windom Earle
04-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Joonas Kolkka because he is Finnish!

MasterYoda
04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm stuck between Ventola and Torghelle. I wonder if Dowie might be too.

Gerry from Sussex
04-09-2004, 09:57 AM
I voted for Sandor but if I could I think I'd change it to Ventola. His name is just perfect for Motty when he scores - Vento-LAH

suits_you
04-09-2004, 01:20 PM
i quite like kolkka to me he always seems to be enjoying his football. but with time i am sure ventola will show to be a top fav.

Selhurst Guy
05-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Kolka is the only one so far that has shown me he's worth the money we paid for him.

Fair's fare i haven't seen Torghelle play and Hall hasn't bewing playing in his true position.

CPFC_R_GREAT
05-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Jasper
what surprises me about this is that alot of people have been quick to slag off kolkka and kavides after less than 5 games, yet people generally have good things to say about torghelle after one decent performance against the weakest opposition we have faced yet. Is Torghelle in for the same treatment if he doesn't play a blinder on his return from injury? On other threads people are saying that when Sandor returns we'll be alot better, a tad presumptious I think. And is anyone else of the opinion that the signing of Wayne Andrews is a waste of time. Especially if he forces out Dougie Freedman. We have strikers Galore and no creativity in the centre of midfield. I'm not normally one to question Dowie's judgement but two strikers and a defender were not the positions we needed to fill. I chose Hall by the way, just ahead of Hudson. I didn't even consider Torghelle.

agreed but i chose Hudson ahead of Hall

Lets hope for Sandor's sake we aren't all so fickle on his return.

cpfcrback
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
b

nookiebear
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I don't class Hudson as a new signing, so I've gone for the big man Hall, who I think already looks a class player and will be top draw when he's playing at the back

Also, I'm surprised people are voting for Sandor, he's only played one game

Stockport_Eagle
06-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I've gone for The Rock on the basis that i feel the other signings have come, but may just as easily go, whereas Hudson is gonna be class for Palace for years to come, even if we do go down.

cpfcrback
06-09-2004, 05:58 PM
And Boyce??

chav_hater
07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I voted Torghelle as I like his aggression!

DougieFreedman9
15-09-2004, 12:56 PM
WAYNE ANDREW = LEGEND! THIS LAD WILL BE A SUPER STAR, I SAW HIM NUMEROUS TIMES LAST JUST AND ALTHOUGH HE DIDN'T SCORE THAT MANY HIS OVERALL PLAY WAS BREATH TAKING TRUST ME THIS LAD IS A GENIOUS!

Q2thaZ
18-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Boyce 9 3.33%
Speroni 9 3.33%
Kiraly 11 4.07%
Kaviedes 8 2.96%
Hall 74 27.41%
Ventola 38 14.07%
Serondo 5 1.85%
Torghelle 77 28.52%
Andrews 3 1.11%
Hudson 22 8.15%
Kolkka 14 5.19%
Total: 270 votes 100%

ok who voted for Kiraly, Sorondo and Andrews - They're not playing in the first team how does that make them our best signings?

JOHN1509
19-09-2004, 11:56 AM
it's got to be HALL

Matt_Hep
19-09-2004, 12:12 PM
haha how can Torghelle be winning this vote? His last two performances have been amongst the worst I've seen up front for Palace in years!

He's got the brain of Dyer - Always offside.
The balance of AKinbyi - Always tripping over his own feet
The finishing of Gareth Taylor - Sh*t!

glaziers fan
19-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Matt_Hep
haha how can Torghelle be winning this vote? His last two performances have been amongst the worst I've seen up front for Palace in years!

He's got the brain of Dyer - Always offside.
The balance of AKinbyi - Always tripping over his own feet
The finishing of Gareth Taylor - Sh*t!

Lol! You'll be eating those words!

Gazz
19-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Boyce has done well, should have more than 9 votes imo

Excowboy
06-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I can see Kiraly making a late run

Neil
07-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Hall by a country mile for me. He has good vision, a fairly decent range of passing and is composed on the ball.

Special mention to Boyce as well who's fitting in well despite the two division hike.

18mcpalace
07-10-2004, 08:57 AM
I've now gone with Kiraly after his impressive performances at reserve and now first team level. Waited for his opportunity when Speroni got dropped and has done incredibly well since. Only beaten by a Lee Hendrie thunderbolt.

moi
21-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Hall, no contest, love him!

Sussex Eagle
21-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I've been a fan of his for a few years before he came to Palace, still a bit suprised we got him -

KIRALY! WO-OH-OAH!