PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract players/'Free transfers'

zonin2000
01-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Shall we compile a definitive list of all the out of contract players who can still sign for Premiership clubs, after the close of the Transfer Window?

Venture a name (need not be a realistic CPFC target!), and any comments if you like. Once that particular player has signed for a club, you can edit your posts to show this, and also which club he has joined.

Emmanuel Petit (Defensive midfielder)
Marcel Desailly (Central defender)
Youri Djorkaeff (Attacking/wide midfielder)
James Daly (Floater)
Bernard Diomede (Left winger)

cpfc_spc1982
01-09-2004, 04:09 PM
id have desailly as a holding midfielder probably djorkaeff as well.

adrenalin john
01-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

James Daly (Floater)

plays above the pitch or stuubornly refuses to flush

markholmes1991
01-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Marcel Desailly (Central defender)

going to Celtic by all accounts

Jasper
01-09-2004, 04:22 PM
id have petit and possibly djorkaeff

Stellavista
01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Jasper

I'd have petit and possibly djorkaeff

I like a petit djorkaeff myself, once in a while.......

Gosling
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
James Daly (Floater)

:D

Fancies himself as a bit good with a needle and thread though.

TonbridgeEagle
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Isn't there a FA website that lists all the players/managers/coaching staff that are either free agents or transfer listed? I remember visiting it somewhere ages ago.

james powell
01-09-2004, 04:48 PM
On our itv page on teletext (510), it has an advert from the website fansfc.com, that says that palace are looking to get another player after the transfer deadline.
Mind you, you have to phone up the number at 1 a minute for the information. (Probably a hoax though)

Andy Gray's FA Cup shirt
01-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by TonbridgeEagle
Isn't there a FA website that lists all the players/managers/coaching staff that are either free agents or transfer listed? I remember visiting it somewhere ages ago.

You have to register, but I think this is the site you mean.

http://womens.givemefootball.com/proregister.cfm

Boycey
01-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm sure Fernando Redondo was released by Milan at the end of last season. I know he's been injured a lot in the last 3 years, but one hell of a player.

Salisbury
01-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Andy Gray's FA Cup shirt
You have to register, but I think this is the site you mean.

http://womens.givemefootball.com/proregister.cfm

Spotter.

Just arrived home having written the car off - a drink is in order!

First safety
01-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Boycey

"I'm sure Fernando Redondo was released by Milan at the end of last season. I know he's been injured a lot in the last 3 years, but one hell of a player."
__________________________________________________ ___________

He would be worth having just for the sound of his name being chanted around the ground.

MAFL
01-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Fadiga (left winger)

Bunsen Honeydew
01-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Simon Rodger's on the list :)

MasterYoda
01-09-2004, 07:04 PM
as is bobby bowry

ANDYEAGLE
01-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MasterYoda
as is bobby bowry

Not Bobby? Tell him we will get back to him. Marcel Desailly turned down Celtic. Another defender there could be a riot on board.

MasterYoda
01-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Desailly is rubbish. his legs are shot and he'd be a liability in the 1st division let alone the prem

cpfc_spc1982
01-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MasterYoda
Desailly is rubbish. his legs are shot and he'd be a liability in the 1st division let alone the prem

you should tell martin oneil.

hughff
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
A lot of these guys would want wages out of proportion to the rest of the squad.

MasterYoda
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I said he'd be a liability in the 1st division - he'd probably look great in the Scottish Prem ;)

dorkinglad
01-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Redondo is playing in Spain with Sevilla. I was in the club shop in April and he's definately the Fans favourite.

Wright+Bright
01-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MAFL
Fadiga (left winger)

Hasn't he gone to Bolton??

CPFC987
01-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Gustavo Poyet is there

Q2thaZ
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Should sign Cherno Samba - Available for Free, Legend for millwall u17's and Liverpool wanted to sign him for 3m when he was 15, at least worth a trial!!

Q2thaZ
01-09-2004, 09:03 PM
James Gibson Defender 6ft 1ins 77 kgs 14/11/84 London British - Crystal Palace Football Club - Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

cpfc_spc1982
01-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Q2thaZ
Should sign Cherno Samba - Available for Free, Legend for millwall u17's and Liverpool wanted to sign him for 3m when he was 15, at least worth a trial!!

not even derby fancied him when he was on trial there.

Vendy
01-09-2004, 09:09 PM
I think we have more than enough new faces sporting differnet languages - Wait until Jan see how they have come together, perhaps with a decent amount of points in the bag SJ will stump up a little more cash for a quality long term midfielder.....

If we are low on points bring in an experienced midfielder for a short term gamble\fix

Ouzodan
01-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Im sure Finidi George is on a free at the moment can add that name to the list.

PalacefaninRome
01-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Let's bring them all on, I don't think we've brought in nearly enough players yet!

Kirby
02-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Ouzodan
Im sure Finidi George is on a free at the moment can add that name to the list.

Yeah, what an impact he made at Ipswich when he joined them :rolleyes:

Luke Harwood
02-09-2004, 12:59 AM
They are free agents for a reason. They're either pants or old geezers.

Ouzodan
02-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
Yeah, what an impact he made at Ipswich when he joined them :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

He is a free agent look at the name of the thread have you got a suggestion that has not been put forward yet?

Q2thaZ
02-09-2004, 08:36 AM
noticed that Jimmy Glass was on the list!!

Should fit into Dowie's line up perfectly, A strong tall goalkeeper but can also score goals

For the last 5 Minutes we could play 0-0-11!!!!

Salisbury
02-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Just pulled this from HOL: Big Cliff?

"Let me get this straight. I am not Piper and I don't claim to have his, or indeed any, inside knowledge whatsoever.
I do have a few very good friends who work in Professional Football. One is an ex England International who coaches youngsters. One is a manager at a Coca Cola League 1 side and another is a Chairman of a non league side.

I was simply chatting with one of these friends this morning and generally grumbling about what I saw as a big hole (midfield) in our transfer activity on deadline day.
My friend then told me roughly what I posted earlier. There were no specific names - other than a list he reeled off (I can only remember a few but one was Petit) as who he thought was available and who he felt might fit into the Palace side.
But he then reassured me that it was generally felt that the player(s) that Iain Dowie was specifically targetting was/are still available and that as far as this person knew there was no reason why the player(s)couldn't be signed during the 'closed transfer season', and was certainly still being actively pursued by CPFC.
So there you have it, I know no more than you now, but I definitely was lifted from my gloom this morning by the conversation."

lordanton
02-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Lets hope that is true. :)

Gooders
02-09-2004, 10:36 AM
I saw an article yesterday that said that Premiership clubs cannot sign anyone now until January 1st, in or out of contract.

sydnsteve
02-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Gooders, I had been wondering about that, as the BBC said Desailly cannot now go to Celtic as he missed the window, and it has been said on here that he is out of contract. If this is true, it is very disappointing (not about Desailly, obviously!). Does anyone know more?

Kirby
02-09-2004, 11:53 AM
:rolleyes:

He is a free agent look at the name of the thread have you got a suggestion that has not been put forward yet?

I haven't bothered thinking about it to be honest.

My point was that Finidi George is shit.

Q2thaZ
02-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Gooders, I had been wondering about that, as the BBC said Desailly cannot now go to Celtic as he missed the window, and it has been said on here that he is out of contract. If this is true, it is very disappointing (not about Desailly, obviously!). Does anyone know more?

Desailly can still be signed by Celtic - The deadline that was missed was for Eligibility for Champions League.

Ouzodan
02-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I haven't bothered thinking about it to be honest.

My point was that Finidi George is shit.

Thanks for your oppinion.

Gooders
02-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve

To be honest, I was getting tired of the endless speculation and quite looking forward to a few months without us being linked with every Marcel, Emanuel and Henri going.

If it is still possible to sign people who are out of contract (and I have my doubts) then the premium rate phone lines will be doing a roaring trade right through the season. :rolleyes:

Chickereagle
02-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
I saw an article yesterday that said that Premiership clubs cannot sign anyone now until January 1st, in or out of contract.
From today's Telegraph: "The closing iof the transfer window has not stopped Tottenham Hotspur brining in teenage Australian winger Spase Dilevski, who is out of contract with PSV Eindhoven, as a reserve team player."

I don't think the "reserve team player" is germane to the argument as to whether clubs can sign free agents - it's just a comment that he's one for the future.

Gooders
02-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Interesting. Thanks Chickereagle.

sydnsteve
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Looks like we're out of luck Gooders! I was going to suggest a parallel window for the Transfer Forum so I could get some work done!

Gerry from Sussex
02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Desailly can still be signed by Celtic - The deadline that was missed was for Eligibility for Champions League.

That's how I understood it as well.

Gerry from Sussex
02-09-2004, 07:06 PM
There's no hint of anyone else being pursued in ID's comments in today's Standard though - not until January that is.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90781

Latvian Eagle
03-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Finidi George has retired. :rolleyes:

Panther
03-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Some people assumed he'd retired about one second after he penned his Ipswich contract.

Frisky
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
OK - have wondered about whether we really can sign out of contract payers so did a bit of googling.

It seems that a couple of years ago FIFA relaxed their ruling around the transfer window to allow clubs to pick up players out of contract during the transfer window. This was primarily to help the players who were out of contract. Apparantly the Premiership was already allowing this at the time anyway.

NOTE: the relaxation ONLY applies to player who were out of contract as at the date the window closed (ie 31 August). Players released or ending contracts early after that date are NOT allowed to transfer.

I couldn't find a good link but if anyone want to check the above you'll see several sources giveing the same sort of info.

DougieFreedman9
03-09-2004, 09:18 PM
i have heard Leif Anderson is on a free and wants to return to Palace!

Q2thaZ
03-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Frisky
OK - have wondered about whether we really can sign out of contract payers so did a bit of googling.

It seems that a couple of years ago FIFA relaxed their ruling around the transfer window to allow clubs to pick up players out of contract during the transfer window. This was primarily to help the players who were out of contract. Apparantly the Premiership was already allowing this at the time anyway.

NOTE: the relaxation ONLY applies to player who were out of contract as at the date the window closed (ie 31 August). Players released or ending contracts early after that date are NOT allowed to transfer.

I couldn't find a good link but if anyone want to check the above you'll see several sources giveing the same sort of info.

Fifa didn't have any choice the EU complained about the original plan as this was against all Labour rules as it constituted a restriction on trade and meant players were being kept forcefully unemployed.

imashed
03-09-2004, 10:03 PM
desailly is shite, petit has done nothing at barca and chelsea so hed have to be jesus to do well at palace

Ouzodan
04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Finidi George has retired. :rolleyes:

That would explain why he is out of a job then :clown:

AndyStreet
04-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by imashed
petit has done nothing at barca and chelsea so hed have to be jesus to do well at palace

He was restricted in his first team opportunities at Barca (who wouldn't be?!?), and did fairly well at Chelsea. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Santos-er
04-09-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm available. I would quite happily fill that creative midfielder role that we seem to be lacking. Like most footballing legends, I have a slight drink problem - but if we can sort that out i'm sure I'd be an asset to every team we play against :D

Gerry from Sussex
04-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Petit might still be able to cut it but seeing as he's more of a defensive midfielder he still wouldn't really fill the main hole that we've had in our player recruitment - a playmaker. Basically, what you would get would be a more rolls royce version of Aki (although on current form some may well argue that they'd be pretty well matched, in which case we might as well hang on to the cash).

Ouzodan
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Jordi Cruyff is another name you could throw in the hat he was on trial with Bolton but I dont think they signed him.

I remember we tried to sign him last time we were in the prem.

Jim Cannon
04-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Jordi Cruyff is another name you could throw in the hat he was on trial with Bolton but I dont think they signed him.

I remember we tried to sign him last time we were in the prem.

I forgot all about that, but you have jogged my memory. But where has he played (since Manure) and how well as he done - and how old is he now?

Ouzodan
04-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Jordi Cruyff
D.O.B. 09/02/74 (30 yrs old)
9 Caps for Holland & 1 Goal.

Since leaving Man utd he has had 3 years at Spanish Club Alaves playing a total of 94 Games & scoring 7 goals.
Signed on a Bosman by Espanyol last year but I dont know how well he got on & with him being a Free Transfer probably not too well.

But like I said Bolton had him on trial during the pre season but from what I can see on there official site decided not to sign him.

If you ask me he has still got a couple of years left in him and he does have alot of class about him he could be useful in this elusive creative midfield role were all craving & he'll only cost wages.

Sussex Eagle
04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
He was in the side (Alaves?) Liverpool beat about 5-3 or 6-4 for the UEFA, wasn't he?

Gooders
04-09-2004, 07:00 PM
He's poor.

Had a lot of chances, and fallen short.

DocSavage
04-09-2004, 09:10 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=223727&lid=3&cpid=8&title=Aussie+trains+with+Palace

Sussex Eagle
04-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Internationals who I think may be/are clubless

Vasilis Tsiartis (Greek Midfielder, Lots of Caps)
Taribo West (Nigerian Defender, bit of class)
Oyvind Leonhardsen (Norway, Experienced, Good squad player for us in the midfield)
Teddy Lucic (Swedish Left/Centre/Right(?) Back, Very good player imo, give us a lot more 'balance' in defence)
Vladyslav Vaschuk (Ukranian Centre Back, Lots of Caps, could be good)
Georgi Kinladze (Georgian with Premiership experience, probably just a squad player, but would give us depth in midfield)
Adrian Ilie (Reasonably good Romanian forward, doubt we'd need him in the squad)
Tayfun Korkut (Turkish Midfielder, about 30, released by Real Sociedad after 4 years there)
Michalis Kasapis (Greek Left Back, if Sorondo is really left sided I doubt he'd be much use)
Steffan Freund (German International don't you forget. Not a great player, but would give Aki some real competition)
Gustavo Poyet (A bit ancient, might do a job for us as competition for Hughesy)
Isaac Okoronkwo (Got released by Wolves, but may have re-signed there. A good player if last few games last season are anything to go by)
Carlso Roa (Argy Goalie, wouldn't have thought we needed a 3rd keeper outside of Cedders or a lower division replacement if he decides to leave)
Dani (The portugese midfielder of West Ham, Ajax, Atletico in the past, with a few caps. A good option in the midfield for us?)
Ibrahim Ba (french right winger touted as a superstar, but failed at Bolton)
Moreno Torricelli (Italian Right Back with 10 caps and top level experience. Old at 34, but excellent backup for Butts if he'd come, I'd have thought)
Michael Mols (Was the bee's knees not so long ago. May never recover from his injuries?)

Non Internationals

Shaun Allaway - A good option for 3rd Goalie, having been at Leeds & Grimsby though never playing much
Chris Bart-Williams - has left Ipswich I think, would be another who might be worth a thought in midfield
Laurent Charvet - Has spent time as a squad player at Newcastle, Chelsea and Man City. Good backup at least, but do we need more defenders? Might be useful behind Butts at RB, though.
Djibril Diawara - Defensive Midfielder who has been at Torino and Monaco. Good competition for Aki?
Johnnier Montano - Talented young Colombian attacking midfielder/forward with some first team experience at Parma
Vinny Samways - Probably sounds silly, but he had a bit of class in the past, and we do need a bit of depth in midfield
Rod Wallace - I like him, but I very much doubt we need him. A championship player these days.

Phew.

lordanton
04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Nice research. So many of those players were supposed to/or have been some of "the best in the game."

I expect Bolton will snap them all up then!

Sussex Eagle
04-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Heres another - Antonio Conte who has been at Juventus for absolutely years. Midfielder who's played for Italy, could be a top class signing for us, though another oldie at 34.

Q2thaZ
04-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by DocSavage
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=223727&lid=3&cpid=8&title=Aussie+trains+with+Palace

Looks promising - just hope he doesn't turn out like compatriots Rizzo/Foster/Veart :rolleyes:

Sussex Eagle
05-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Looks promising - just hope he doesn't turn out like compatriots Rizzo/Foster/Veart :rolleyes:

I'll meet your Craig Foster and raise you a Craig Moore.

Tor
05-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
[B][U]Oyvind Leonhardsen (Norway, Experienced, Good squad player for us in the midfield)

Oh dear, I forgot about him. He's well past it, injury prone, and have signed for norwegian outfit Lyn Oslo.

Sussex Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Tor
Oh dear, I forgot about him. He's well past it, injury prone, and have signed for norwegian outfit Lyn Oslo.

I stand corrected. Though I think unless he's got a lot worse in the past year or so he would have been useful for us.

Ouzodan
05-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Antonio Conte is a real class player I would him up despite him being 34

Q2thaZ
05-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
I'll meet your Craig Foster and raise you a Craig Moore.

I'll match your Craig Moore and raise you a Tony Popovic :p :D

Sussex Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:25 AM
I'll match your Craig Moore and raise you a Tony Popovic :p :D

:p I always liked Nicky Rizzo myself anyways...so it's official, Aussies have a 60% success rate according to Sussex Eagle! Sign 'im up Dowie! Didn't we have one or two other Aussies who didn't ever play under Veneballs?

Kirby
05-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Carl Veart, is a goal machine! :lux:

Sussex Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:05 PM

And Craig Foster gave lots of money to the trust and wasn't quite as bad as some people make out. So, in fact Danze is a guarenteed success. Hurrah.

Q2thaZ
05-09-2004, 09:42 PM

For Who?;) :D

Raoul Duke
05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Adelaide United.

Q2thaZ
06-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Adelaide United.