PDA

View Full Version : Where will Wayne be next season?

marky1919
07-09-2004, 03:31 PM
So, as Spurs and now Chelsea have in interest in Super Wayne the inevitable question arises: Which club will he be at come January or next summer?

Obviously, if we have any sense, which we do, we won't sell him.
Unfortunately, I have a sneeky feeling we'll be involved in our own Rooney type fiasco, which will be an ongoing debate as to which club he will join. Still, we've got more of a chance of keeping Routledge then Everton had of keeping Rooney! Let's hope!

zonin2000
07-09-2004, 03:35 PM
WR - Chelsea? Where?

RDSdaEAGLE
07-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Anyone who sees any kind of truth in Fans FC's rumours is a clown. Sorry, but they just fabricate bullsh!t to try and get traffic.

TonbridgeEagle
07-09-2004, 03:39 PM
35m to Chelsea I believe :p

Batsta
07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
According to a large percentage on here Wayne Is cack, so I doubt he will go to a Premiership club.

Chris Finch
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
99% sure he will still be with us, hasn't developed enough to go to Tottenham or Chelsea, and frankly going to Chelsea would be a waste
On the subject, I saw Scott Parker in Selfridges last saturday, any body remember him?

marky1919
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Well Wayne isn't Cack. He is a fabulous player. The only thing that puts doubt into peoples' minds is that he gives the ball away too often. He has speed, trickery, subtle passes - all in the making of a great player. But to be fair he's still learning. He's only 19 and will probably be an awesome premiership player by his mid - twenties! No doubt! I'm sure by that stage, he will not be giving the ball away that often and will have certainly loads of experience by then!

daz_eagle
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Chris Finch
99% sure he will still be with us, hasn't developed enough to go to Tottenham or Chelsea, and frankly going to Chelsea would be a waste
On the subject, I saw Scott Parker in Selfridges last saturday, any body remember him?

got what he deserved. hope he rots in the reserves. was overrated from day 1.

heinz 57
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I voted Palace, and I would have believed it last week, but since learning he's with Paul stretford now, I think he'll probably go in January.

NRM the 2nd
07-09-2004, 03:55 PM
He will probably end up at Chelsea and be another waste of English talent. He is not ready to move yet and has a lot to learn about the premiership before he can really shine on the larger stage.

Chelsea however will probably continue to wreck english football and consign another one of our home grown talents to their reserve team.

Jasper
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Agents like paul stretford are a menace to clubs like us. They encourage players to move on simply to line their own pockets. Agents are parasites that are killing the game

Freddy Kurz
07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
B*gger 'Spurs!

ANDYEAGLE
07-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Palace this season for Wayne.If we stay up we have a good chance of keeping him, if we go down he will go.Get his contract sorted.

Palaceboy222
07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
got to agree AndyEagle, unless SJ decides 2 cash in on him in Jan so he dont go 4 nout next yr

Walsh-Palace
07-09-2004, 04:36 PM
We don't know yet! Its like all that last INFORMATION about Wayne Routledge going to Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.

If SJ sells PALACE there is Nothing we can do about it. UNLESS there is a RICH PALACE fan who can buy the club. We will just have to live with it.

nottsunieagle
07-09-2004, 04:58 PM
has anything official actually been said about wayne? palace have said nothing about any deadline day bid, spurs didnt come out and say they had a bid turned down, and nothing has been heard from wayne/stretford, or any CREDIBLE journalist sites.

i'm positive, that certainly this season, all speculation for wayne will be spurious rubbish. the most any clubs may do is scout him to see if he has what it takes. next season he'll be at the palace.

Bunsen Honeydew
07-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Palaceboy222
got to agree AndyEagle, unless SJ decides 2 cash in on him in Jan so he dont go 4 nout next yr
Can't go for nothing as he is only 19.

hughff
14-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Is wayne going anywhere - all over Europe when Palace win the cup!

gjtango
14-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Could see him ending up at somewhere like Villa. Would be a good move IMO.

cpfcben
14-09-2004, 09:55 PM
definitely not at palace. probably spurs.

SKATE
15-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
definitely not at palace. probably spurs.

That's what I heard - leaving in Jan window.

Jim Cannon
15-09-2004, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NRM the 2nd
He will probably end up at Chelsea and be another waste of English talent. He is not ready to move yet and has a lot to learn about the premiership before he can really shine on the larger stage.

Chelsea however will probably continue to wreck english football and consign another one of our home grown talents to their reserve team. [/QUOTe
This will not happen.

Jaffa
16-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Routledge in exchange for Scott Parker would be good business imo.

Jay_eagle
16-09-2004, 02:09 PM
spurs wanted wayne for 2mill, and even mourhino was impressed with his performance against chelsea, so its sayin somin, only wish he would cross it more :)

Chris Finch
16-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Routledge in exchange for Scott Parker would be good business imo.

Yes, as Dowie could mould a team around Parker, whereas as much as I like Wayne, he cannot be the central focus of the team playing on the wing.Wingers are easier to replace than centre midfielders

ANDYEAGLE
16-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Chris Finch
Yes, as Dowie could mould a team around Parker, whereas as much as I like Wayne, he cannot be the central focus of the team playing on the wing.Wingers are easier to replace than centre midfielders

As much as I rate Wayne I somehow can't see Chelsea swapping Parker for Wayne.Parker will have a much higher value than Wayne at present and he certainly would not want to come to Palace. If Wayne did have to go financially for us Chelsea would be good as they seem to pay a premium for players. Cant see Chelsea wanting Wayne anyway.

sydney eagle
17-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by daz_eagle
got what he deserved. hope he rots in the reserves. was overrated from day 1. Scott Parker is a great player IMHO

jazman
17-09-2004, 07:51 AM
If he continues to play like he has just recently nobody will be interested and he will stay at Palace - I do not deny that he has talent but he is on a steep learning curve in the Premiership. He must learn to release the ball a bit earlier and be a little more accurate with the release. It will come I am sure.

GreatGonzo
17-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Can't see why so many people think he will stay.

In order to stay he would have to beoffered a new contract which i do not believe he has, i also think this could be one of the reasons Dowie was stalling on his contract.

ANDYEAGLE
17-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

In order to stay he would have to beoffered a new contract which i do not believe he has, i also think this could be one of the reasons Dowie was stalling on his contract.

Actually GG you have already given an opinion on Wayne on the Johnson contract thread and you have a large number of betting slips to pick up!

Dave
17-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

In order to stay he would have to beoffered a new contract which i do not believe he has, i also think this could be one of the reasons Dowie was stalling on his contract. He can't just leave he would have to go to a tribunal

grovesy77
27-09-2004, 01:45 PM
From his own point of view Wayne should stay.
Lets be honest if he stays he'll get to play a whole season in the premiership.

c_block_lad
27-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Whatever happens, from what I have been told (always right in the past), Wayne WILL NOT be at Palace next season.

SwampThing
27-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I could be mistaken, but didn't It wasn't me say that Routledge wanted to stay at Palace recently? (when he was linked with Spurs) ... Has he changed his mind since then, or are the "sources" suggesting that Palace want to get rid of him regardless? :confused:

Ardent Eagle Forever
27-09-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm surprised so many of you think he will be with us next year. I know someone who used to room with him. My contact says he's looking for a bigger club!!!
That and the fact he is now Wayne rooneys agent's bitch, kinda makes you wonder

eagles #1
27-09-2004, 04:28 PM
sadly i think he'll be off. no sources mind just think he will

Niceaction
27-09-2004, 06:29 PM
He is off in January I am 99% sure, I just hope we get an ok price and a large % of next transfer.

DaveTuttles
28-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Now Dowie has signed and maybe AJ, surely Wayne will commit if offered a contract? He would be mad to leave so young and warm a bench of a bigger club during his development years.

Raf
28-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
Now Dowie has signed and maybe AJ, surely Wayne will commit if offered a contract? He would be mad to leave so young and warm a bench of a bigger club during his development years.

Sadly, I suspect this is the sort of wisdom that comes when you're a bit older than 18.
The flash of some wedge and some sweet nothings from this agent he's hooked up with will probably see him leave.

Big Fella
28-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I think its nailed on that he is going to Spurs, with us getting two from Brown, Ricketts and Jackson. Although I will be gutted to see him go, I think that will be a good deal. With them buying Reid from Forest as well, they are building well for the future.

sexyrazor
28-09-2004, 03:59 PM
He's off to Spurs in January!

Popester
28-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I hope you're wrong sexyrazor, but I suspect you are right.

MasterYoda
28-09-2004, 09:49 PM
if he's off then I say bench him now and play Kaviedes or someone else. A few assists apart he's not been great so far and we're just helping him and spurs by continually playing.

Personally don't think he's as good as Simon Davies so can't see him egtting much of a game.

sjmac
01-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Now Dowie has signed and maybe AJ, surely Wayne will commit if offered a contract?

You would hope so. I'm pretty sure he'd jump at the chance to go to Spurs tho. If he won't sign a new contract then we will have no choice but to allow Tottenham to talk to Wayne.

However ID has performed miracles already and providing he wants Wayne at the club then i think he has it in him to persuade him to stay. He may not get as much money at Palace, but if our contract offer is reasonable and ID is convincing enough then i have hope he will stay. Losing Wayne will be as big a loss as losing Gray to Brum.

Ian Dowie
01-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Tottenham Reserves, playing on cold tuedsday nights against other reserve teams.. not good enough for the premiership yet.. he's not exactly been our shining light!

either that or Chelsea reserves.. I say swap him for ricketts! or somebody talk to the lad and give him proper advice, get him to sign for 4 more years then promise to develop him with first team football.. rather than reserve crap...

ANDYEAGLE
01-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ian Dowie
Tottenham Reserves, playing on cold tuedsday nights against other reserve teams.. not good enough for the premiership yet.. he's not exactly been our shining light!

either that or Chelsea reserves.. I say swap him for ricketts! or somebody talk to the lad and give him proper advice, get him to sign for 4 more years then promise to develop him with first team football.. rather than reserve crap...

Ricketts no thanks mate. If he had to go to Spurs we should get Brown plus 2 million in our favour at least.Wayne has more talent than Ricketts and Brown put together ten fold.
Prefer the 2nd option pull out all stops to keep him but nowadays money and agents will prevail.

Braders
01-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Big Fella
I think its nailed on that he is going to Spurs, with us getting two from Brown, Ricketts and Jackson. Although I will be gutted to see him go, I think that will be a good deal. With them buying Reid from Forest as well, they are building well for the future.

I'd be happy with Brown and Jackson in exchange for Routledge,plus money of course :hmph:

sjmac
05-10-2004, 04:00 PM
he's not exactly been our shining light

IMO he had a blinder last night, and i would be very sad to see him go.

ANDYEAGLE
05-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by sjmac
he's not exactly been our shining light

IMO he had a blinder last night, and i would be very sad to see him go.

One of my two Favourite players Wayne and I certainly would not want to see him leave but imo he was pretty average last night on a night most of our team were excellent.
It is good we have got Lakis as competition for Wayne because it would do Wayne no harm to come off the bench occasionally.

MasterYoda
05-10-2004, 07:52 PM
personally I think if it's known in the club that Wayne is off then Lakis should start - nice to have competition on the right side now

Richwak
05-10-2004, 08:07 PM
i think it would be sensible to try to get wayne to sign a new contract, but if he is unwilling and not commited to the club i think we need to sell him, in my opinion last nigh Lakis played much better than routledge did. We need Lakis's class in the team. Would have scored as well had Aj passed to him. Routledge to Spurs for 3m. EAGLES!

bigee
05-10-2004, 08:33 PM
How do you conclude that Lakis played better than WR last night? It seemed to me that Lakis was not on the pitch long enough to form such an opinion.

MasterYoda
05-10-2004, 09:08 PM
having watched live and then watched the replay on sky he did more than enough. Until I saw the replay I didn't realise quite how good he'd played

Superdave
05-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MasterYoda
personally I think if it's known in the club that Wayne is off then Lakis should start - nice to have competition on the right side now

We have to play him, even if he wants to go. The better he plays and, shows he is a prem player, the more offers will come in. He hasn't shone too brightly so far.

Raoul Duke
06-10-2004, 07:20 AM
As WR has 3 goal assists already this season I'm sure that both right wingers will be given plenty of time on the pitch this season.

hugosabin
27-10-2004, 07:21 AM
I think he'll stay, I'd be livid if that means he goes for nothing at the end of the season but if his assists keep us up then it has to be worth it.

Ruskin Old Boy
27-10-2004, 08:13 AM
He'll go where his mum tells him to go :p

MasterYoda
27-10-2004, 08:15 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/3957449.stm

DougieFreedman9
02-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Sell him and cash in, he really is not as great as people suggest!

Others who fall into the overated category:

1. Gray (Bye)
2. Mullins
3. Morrison
4. Leif Anderson