10-09-2004, 12:52 PM
NOOOOOOOO not dirty Leeds, not ever!!!:sob:

Micky Spilane
10-09-2004, 12:54 PM
So Torghelle's injured again!

PALACE SWOOP ON HOLD

EXCLUSIVE
By PAUL DEWS

LEEDS UNITED'S double swoop for Crystal Palace duo Dougie Freedman and Tommy Black was today put on ice.

The Elland Road club had agreed a deal to take the players on three-month loans, but Palace were forced to pull the plug last night because of a mounting injury crisis.
Hungary striker Sandor Torghelle returned from international duty with a recurrence of an ankle problem and Palace boss Iain Dowie is erring on the side of caution. United chief executive Shaun Harvey confirmed: "We had agreed everything financially with Palace and were hoping to complete the deal, but they have been hit a by a few injuries and until they have assessed the deals can't go through."
United boss Kevin Blackwell is desperate to strengthen his squad and Freedman and Black would prove to be useful acquisitions.
Freedman has scored 139 goals in 366 appearances and boasts an impressive strike rate.
The 30-year-old former Nottingham Forest marksman also scored 13 goals last season as Palace made a successful push for promotion.
Black should be well known to Leeds fans after the FA Cup tie with Crystal Palace 18 months ago. He had an impressive game and scored the goal that never was when Michael Duberry appeared to clear the ball from over his own goalline.
Leeds are now hoping that Palace's problems will ease quickly. Harvey added: "There's still every opportunity that the deal will be concluded early next week."
With Stern John set for Coventry or Nottingham Forest and talks still ongoing with West Brom over Sean Gregan, Blackwell will go with what he has for tomorrow's Elland Road showdown with Coventry City.
The visit of the Sky Blues marks Peter Reid's first return since he was sacked as manager last November.

10 September 2004

Beanie
10-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Even so, what's the real reason for the delay? With AJ, Kaviedes, Ventola and Andrews, plus Shipps and Torghelle (he's only being "assessed") almost there we've hardly got a shortage at present and we could always recall. Don't reckon they want to go!!

davematt
10-09-2004, 01:03 PM
If this is accurate about Torghelle, Dowie will be going nuts. Hungary had no right to play him if he wasn'f fully fit. That German twat of a manager, you disgust me!

The Vicar
10-09-2004, 01:10 PM
If Torghelle really is injured, Dowie should make an appeal to FIFA and argue that the Hungarian manager has taken undue injury risks with him, and he should be excused from international duty for the next 6 months.

AJ
10-09-2004, 01:34 PM
When will FIFA install a rule that only allows a player to play an International game, if he has been fit enough to play in his domestic clubs last match, during the regular season?

Sussex Eagle
10-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Freedman has scored 139 goals in 366 appearances
Yup.

and boasts an impressive strike rate.
Oh thanks for clearing that up, Journo!

Bit strange, isn't it, though, our subs & reserves being coveted on loan by Leeds! Maybe we can make up for it by giving them Tommy for ever for free and keeping Dougie. I'm sure they'll be chuffed a few games down the line :D

davematt
10-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I think its hilarious that a club who 4 years ago were in the Champions League semi final and had one of the best squads in Europe, now want to sign Tommy Black on a three month loan deal!! :D :D :D

LP
10-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by AJ
When will FIFA install a rule that only allows a player to play an International game, if he has been fit enough to play in his domestic clubs last match, during the regular season?

The problem is that clubs are now relying on the honesty of doctors attatched to international teams as to whether a player is considered fit to play or not, people who obviously have there own agenda and couldn't care less about the player's club. Therefore it is open to abuse, as we have seen with Torghelle.

Sussex Eagle
10-09-2004, 01:49 PM
However, I'm a tad surprised if this means Andrews & Kav are definately ahead of Dougie in the pecking order. Oh well, maybe he'll go out on loan and return just in time to save our hides yet again, thus creating another palace legendary moment.

weh8millwall
10-09-2004, 01:53 PM
If Sanyi has had a recurrence on International Duty again i'll be going nuts. So irresponsible from the Hungarian FA & in particular Lothar Matthaus' point of view.

DougleMcNori
10-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Think Freedman is unlucky not to be featuring - id much prefer we played him against Chelsea rather than a unfit Kavidies and I think that Black should get a run out when Kolkka is not setting the wing alight

ebyeeckeagle
10-09-2004, 02:19 PM
3 month loan to those idiots at Leeds is not a fitting way to treat Dougie and I just dont understand it.

Sussex Eagle
10-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
3 month loan to those idiots at Leeds is not a fitting way to treat Dougie and I just dont understand it.

Does seem strange when I have very little doubt he's currently as good/useful as or better than pretty much all the others. Of course AJ is first choice right now, Sanyi is full of potential and Nic & Kav COULD potentially have a lot of quality. But Dougie (& Shipps, but what with the fitness & the suspension, I don't think he'll be ready for at least a couple of months) is the only striker we have with a long-term track record of success in football period, let alone England! We could find ourselves desperate for him and find he's stuck in fecking Yorkshire - I wonder if we are just doing this because of his pay packet?

Still every manager has their favourites/players they don't rate for whatever reason - for instance, I also think Powell is every bit as useful as Hudson - but I'm not going to start questioning Dowie just yet! ;)

max power
10-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Sandor did score though ?

sydnsteve
10-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I like both TB and DF, and to be honest I think a 3 minth loan would show how much they can now do. If they do well at Leeds they'll have staked a claim, and all players need a constant run out to get match fit.
I think Tommy could hack it in the Prem, and this move is what he needs to show it.

Clapham Grand
10-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve

I think Tommy could hack it in the Prem, and this move is what he needs to show it.

Dowie clearly doesn't think so - he was on the bench for the reserves!

c_block_lad
10-09-2004, 03:03 PM
All the signs show Freedman will be leaving this club sooner rather than later...

nookiebear
10-09-2004, 03:04 PM
No way is Tommy a Prem player

Beanie
10-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Never - they don't care about the clubs, only about internationals.

jazman
10-09-2004, 03:57 PM
If Sandor is injured Dowie should take Lothar to the cleaners! I was hoping he would play against Pompey tomorrow. The writing is on the wall for the Dougster and Tommy. I will be sorry to see Dougie go, one of the last cult heroes left. Tommy has never really fulfilled his potential.

PoolKing
10-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jazman
Tommy has never really fulfilled his potential.

When he first came to the club I remember him looking like an excellent prospect and his passing and creativity was brilliant. It is sad though to see a player get worse rather than better:(

CP Satellite
10-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by jazman
. I will be sorry to see Dougie go, one of the last cult heroes left.

I think Sandor is already a bit of a cult.

pedro
10-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Kolkka gets in our starting XI and Black is allowed to go on loan to Leeds ! The world has gone mad.

Sussex Eagle
10-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Kolkka gets in our starting XI and Black is allowed to go on loan to Leeds ! The world has gone mad.

If, by 'the world', you mean the grey matter between your ears, then I agree.

(Seriously, how can you rate Tommy frickin' Black over Joonas???)

charltonhater
10-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Surely it makes sense to send them on loan. They aren't going to start for ages because Dowie will start all the players he has brought in ahead them (even though Dougie is probably better than half of the strikers we have brought in). Leeds have loads of attackers as it is and probably won't want to buy them when their loans run out. By the time they return we will be all but mathematically relegated and knowing we will be in the championship the following season we will keep them both. Remember loaning Dougie to Leeds means we can't sell him to Leicester (or anyone else for that matter)

hernehilleagle
10-09-2004, 04:22 PM
As it is a loan it could be useful, though with our shortages in midfield I'm not sure about Tommy

pedro
10-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
If, by 'the world', you mean the grey matter between your ears, then I agree.

(Seriously, how can you rate Tommy frickin' Black over Joonas???)
I am sorry but I do but to be honest it is hardly fair to compare a guy who has played 4 games against a guy who has been here 4 seasons.

Sussex Eagle
10-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I am sorry but I do but to be honest it is hardly fair to compare a guy who has played 4 games against a guy who has been here 4 seasons.

And Tommy has been here for 4 years, and in my estimation has 'played' like a decent footballer a maximum of 10 times agaisnt weak opponents, and generally at best flattered to decieve.

But I'll hold back on the rant now :)

pedro
10-09-2004, 04:33 PM
If we were to argue this they would have to give us a thread all to ourselves! :D

chav_hater
10-09-2004, 07:06 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=225059&cpid=10&CLID=31&lid=&title=Leeds+agree+double+Palace+deal

eaglei_uk
10-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Have we enough question marks in the thread title? :)

cpfc_spc1982
10-09-2004, 11:18 PM
why would we do this - dougie currently is our third best striker and tommy is back up to both wayne and kolkka.

CreweEagle v.3
10-09-2004, 11:19 PM
I hate Leeds

Levski
10-09-2004, 11:50 PM
I have no problem dumping Black - he's clearly light years from the first team. But Freedman should be kept on. Even if we were to put aside all sentiment about what the man's done for us over the years, he can still offer things that no-one else in the squad can, and deserves to be on the bench for us. I'll be very, very sad to see him go, assuming the loan is a presage to him leaving the club for good.

I want him to stay at Palace, and I find this dismissive attitude amongst some fans towards players who've helped us get to the Premiership very distasteful. I hope Dowie will make every effort to bring Dougie back as soon as we have any further injuries.

Fatman
11-09-2004, 08:15 AM
I think its the best move for both of them...I would maybe keep Dougie on but only as back up...we've now got AJ, Sandor, Ventola, Shipps and Andrews....Dougie is at a stage when he wants first team football and would we really begrudge him that after the service he's given us?

Al From Bromley
11-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Dowie's losing the plot ;)

wedgetail
11-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Dowie likes a Target man/Quick man combination

Targets: Torghelle Shipps
Quick/Skill: AJ Ventola Kaviedes Andrews

The Freedman of the first three games of last season would have moved into second place behind AJ, but the current Freedman would be last on the list and Black should not appear at all.

Panman268
11-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by The Vicar
If Torghelle really is injured, Dowie should make an appeal to FIFA and argue that the Hungarian manager has taken undue injury risks with him, and he should be excused from international duty for the next 6 months.

What about the player's wishes? Might HE not want to represent his country?

Big-Griff
11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I will be sad to see Dougie leave the club but if the move is good for him and the club so be it,as for Tommy when we first got him he looked like somthing special,unfortunatly he has not produced the good's however i wont slag any of our players off,and if he leaves i would wish him well.

Panman268
11-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Big-Griff
I will be sad to see Dougie leave the club but if the move is good for him and the club so be it,as for Tommy when we first got him he looked like somthing special,unfortunatly he has not produced the good's however i wont slag any of our players off,and if he leaves i would wish him well.

Nice to see a sensible post for a change :p

AndyStreet
11-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Could be a good move for Dougie, and for Leeds. Good luck to him if he does go.

TonbridgeEagle
11-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Dougie probably wants first team football and I suspect he won't be getting it at Palace just yet. 3 months time he'll be back setting Selhurst alight.
I've always thought Black has loads of potential, unfortunately he never fulfilled it. The loan may "wake them up" a bit.

dorkinglad
11-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Dougie hasn't been first choice for awhile and is a player who needs to be playing regularly. He thrives on taking players on and deft touches. When he's not playing these assets suffer. A loan move would do him the world of good.

I'd like to see him play at Fratton today though as he's got a great record against Pompey. One of the statto's on the list can tell me how many goals but I can recall at least four maybe five goals.

c_block_lad
11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Leeds have got loads of strikers though, Johnson, Ricketts, Deane, Joachim and Cadamarteri.

Reps AJ
11-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Leeds have got loads of strikers though, Johnson, Ricketts, Deane, Joachim and Cadamarteri.

Johnson has just gone out on loan

Barwolf
11-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I would rather keep those two players than have kedives, not been impressed with our signings so far, will miss dougie! hope he does well there if he goes.

c_block_lad
11-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Johnson has just gone out on loan

I know to Sunderland, still on there books though.

Palace Don
11-09-2004, 12:58 PM

Its hardly fair criticising a new player who has only played 4 times either:rolleyes:

JOHN1509
11-09-2004, 03:00 PM
i can take losing black..but dougie ...no way

c_block_lad
12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
SP reports today Dougie is off to Leeds.

kolinkins
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Good move i say for 3 months - if we need them later in the season, at least we will not have cut off all ties with them.

gold76
12-09-2004, 11:55 AM
With Aj, Kaviedes, Shipps, Ventola, Andrews & Sandor on the books, loans for Doug & Tommy seem sensible enough. Dougie will always be a Palace legend, Tommy hasen't fulfilled his potential, whether you agree with loaning them out or not, let's wish them all the best

Elephant with mouse gyp
13-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by wedgetail
Dowie likes a Target man/Quick man combination

Targets: Torghelle Shipps
Quick/Skill: AJ Ventola Kaviedes Andrews

The Freedman of the first three games of last season would have moved into second place behind AJ, but the current Freedman would be last on the list

Not quite sure about that. Shipps is on his way out and Ventola is a target man in the sense of being able to hold the ball up and provide a target for an out-ball.

Kaviedes is also a midfielder and is perhaps just as much cover for Wayne and Kolkka than he is a striker. Andrews is one for the future. That puts Dougie behind AJ in your quick/skill department.

I admit I'm biased, but I'm really narked about Dougie being shunted out. From open play only he and Wayne have played good through balls this season - Dougie played three great balls in for AJ against Everton inside half an hour, which is quite possibly more than the rest of the team put together in five games.

Gooders
13-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

I admit I'm biased, but I'm really narked about Dougie being shunted out. From open play only he and Wayne have played good through balls this season - Dougie played three great balls in for AJ against Everton inside half an hour, which is quite possibly more than the rest of the team put together in five games.

With you all the way again sir.

Freedman once again is not being given a chance in the top division. He did well for quite a while against Everton, and yet it seems he's on his way out of the club.

Perplexed of Berkshire. :confused:

weh8millwall
13-09-2004, 09:00 AM
As much as i dislike Leeds, and the thought of Freedman going, it would seem at his age that first-team football is what he needs and if he is to leave in search of this, on loan or permanent, i wish him luck.

Not fussed about Tommy though :rolleyes:

Newts G
13-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Not sure that Dougie was Dowie's favourite player anyway (or at least not the style that ID is looking for in his forwards).

I really think that the likes of Dougie and Shipps, must be so happy they helped us into the premier league, as now they seem to be so far down the pecking order its unbelievable. I would not farm out the tried, trusted and successful players for new unknowns.

Not bothered about Tommy Black but I really think Dougie is what we need at the moment to give us a little bit of invention.

Son of Ron
13-09-2004, 09:45 AM
bumped into Dougie in Sainsbury's Purley Way yesterday lunchtime and he told me that he's heard the Leeds rumours but has heard of no firm offer yet. Mind you he was slightly distracted by his littlun pulling over a display of Sainsbury's banking leaflets at the time.

Beanie
13-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Shipps is on his way out
Not according to both Shipps himself - who said he wants to stay - or ID - who said he's an important part of his squad. ID did say that if an offer came he would tell Shipps about it, but that he would hope he'd stay. That is all.

mouseboy
13-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Has any one heard about Dougie and Tommy Black goin on loan to Leeds for 3 months!

Lion
13-09-2004, 03:42 PM
No shit, really?

BLUE BOY
13-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh dear! Your gonna get some flak now!!

ukjay_29
13-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Dougie who?

Gosling
13-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I think it might be more helpful to point out to a new user that we have a forum called Transfer Hotline, which contains lots of information about this kind of thing.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91214

Edit: lol, nicely timed thread move by the mod there...

Chief Brody
13-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
nicely timed thread move by the mod there...

Very. Pre-emptied by C_Block style response! :grrr:

AJ
13-09-2004, 05:46 PM
We can't loan out Shipps as it is his turn to be Manager, when(if) the appointed one leaves...(can't we loan Dowie to Blackburn for a month?)

martin.cpfc
15-09-2004, 01:15 PM
He's going nowhere....

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=2306

"Dougie Freedman has rejected a move to Leeds United because he wants to score 100 goals for Crystal Palace"

El Aguila
15-09-2004, 01:19 PM

Kaviedes is also a midfielder
I've only ever heard this since he moved to Palace. He's far too lightweight to be a midfielder, I think. What he might be is the withdrawn third striker, which is probably Dougie's best role these days, too.

Sussex Eagle
15-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Freedman said: "To be fair to the gaffer, he gave me the choice. My choice was to stay and fight for my place, get back in the side and score goals in the Premiership.

"It took about three seconds to make the decision to stay."

Last time Palace were in the Premiership in 1997, Freedman was sold to Wolves for 800,000, a move he regrets. And despite falling down the Selhurst Park pecking order, his nine top-flight goals for Nottingham Forest have convinced him he can score goals at this level.

He said: "I have been here before and I left and it was the wrong decision. This time I want to give it a shot and if I have to wait a little bit longer I will.

"I believe in my ability and if my chance does comes I want to take it. I am not frustrated just yet but maybe in a few months time I will be."

:lux:

ukjay_29
15-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Fair play to the Dougster - Loves the Club, bloody loves us :)

heinz 57
15-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle

There's only one Dougie Freedman! :lux: :lux:

Shipp Ahoy!
15-09-2004, 01:32 PM
:p

What a guy :love:

Great Lombardi
15-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Best news I have heard all day. Put a big smile on my face.

Penge Eagle
15-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Respect to Dougie - a Palace legend. I hope he gets eight more goals for the century!

Aquila
15-09-2004, 04:12 PM
At last some good news! Still reckon Dougie can do the biz for us, despite all the new signings. It's also great to know that someone actually CHOOSES to stay at Palace.
Thanks, Dougie, you are a true Palace Legend.

Elephant with mouse gyp
15-09-2004, 04:35 PM
"It took me about three seconds to reply." Fantastic. Get him in the side.

Sussex Eagle
15-09-2004, 04:41 PM
"It took me about three seconds to reply." Fantastic. Get him in the side.

Agreed! At the least he justifies a place as super-dooper-wooper-sub, surely?!

ANDYEAGLE
15-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Good news that Dougie wants to stay. The only club he has ever been happy at is ours and he will be good back up at worst. We really don't know how the new guys will fair anyway.

daz_eagle
15-09-2004, 05:08 PM
dooooooooooogie!!!

Gooders
15-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Best news for ages.

Eagle
15-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Dougie trully is a real professional and certainly a Palace legend and he always will be.

I dont think theres ever been any doubt that Dougie loves us and i truly hope he reaches the 100 goal mark, he deserves it.

What a great guy!

silver
15-09-2004, 05:45 PM
dougie staying to win back his spot in the team that is good news

hernehilleagle
15-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Good decision Doug

Gazz
15-09-2004, 06:32 PM
walking in a freedman wonderland :)

I.Flyer
15-09-2004, 09:22 PM
I REALLY love you, Dougie. :love: ;). So glad you made this decision.

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Super Dougie has rejected a move to leeds, saying he wants to stay and fight for his place in the side!

Thats the spirit Dougie!!!!(Who let the Doug out)

BLUE BOY
16-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Really......1st i'd heard of this. :rolleyes:

transworld
16-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Typical a chance to get rid of him and he don't want to go! That just about sums our luck up at the moment!!

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Thats well harsh Transweld, at least he wants to help us improve!

Yeah this article comes sraight from daily mail

Adrian
16-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Ultimately, the fellow's got to "cut" the "mustard" in the Premiership.

We cannot afford to be too "nostalgic" about erstwhile "heroes".

c_block_lad
16-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Adrian

Spot On.

And there is already a thread on this.

Pub Idol
16-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by BLUE BOY
Really......1st i'd heard of this. :rolleyes:

Pointless reply.....

I like the 3 second comment :p . I think Dougie's the sort of player like Mel Blyth who be watching Palace long after he's retired. This is his club. Personally I'd be gutted to see him go.

Pub Idol
16-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Adrian

Hasnt really been given much of a chance has he ?

C-block, give it a rest with the "already a thread on this". Youre like a broken record.....

jazman
16-09-2004, 07:51 AM
I'd be gutted to see him go - that is the fighting spirit that we need at the club right now. Can only say that Aki and Granville have the same attitude this season so far.

c_block_lad
16-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Pub Idol

C-block, give it a rest with the "already a thread on this". Youre like a broken record..... [/B]
Maybe so, but it is annoying when they are a numbers of threads on the same subject.

sydney eagle
16-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Maybe so, but it is annoying when they are a numbers of threads on the same subject. let the mods deal with it mate:)

transworld
16-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Pub Idol
Hasnt really been given much of a chance has he ?

C-block, give it a rest with the "already a thread on this". Youre like a broken record.....

What do you/we actually mean by "broken record" surley if it was "broken" then it would not work, therefore it would not go round, therefore it would not do anything, and as in this case C Block has replied to a message he has done something therefore he can't be a "broken record" if he were he would have done nothing.

BLUE BOY
16-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Maybe so, but it is annoying when they are a numbers of threads on the same subject.

Exactly!

sydney eagle
16-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by transworld
What do you/we actually mean by "broken record" surley if it was "broken" then it would not work, therefore it would not go round, therefore it would not do anything, and as in this case C Block has replied to a message he has done something therefore he can't be a "broken record" if he were he would have done nothing. "a broken record" refers to a jump on the vinyl so the needle plays the same bit over and over again.

Son of Ron
16-09-2004, 08:17 AM
more annoying than a repeated thread is the inane ramblings about things such as "broken records".....get a life.

smileysmith
16-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I just :love: the line he says "It took me about three seconds to decide" to stay and fight for his place.

WHO LET THE DOUG OUT?!!!

smileysmith
16-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I just :love: the line he says "It took me about three seconds to decide" to stay and fight for his place.

WHO LET THE DOUG OUT?!!!

Ollie Ox
16-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Does anyone think that Dougie will actually get a chance to start this year with 5 strikers currently ahead of him in the pecking order

sydney eagle
16-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Son of Ron
more annoying than a repeated thread is the inane ramblings about things such as "broken records".....get a life. he asked what it meant,I merely answered.was there a need for that rude comment?

Chief Brody
16-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Doog, you are THE man! :)

johnnytemper
16-09-2004, 09:02 AM
All hail the Dougster - I was hoping someone would put a spanner in the works of this move and lo and behold the man himself does...lets hope Dowie gives him the chance, assuming he's performing well - plus I think he's got one eye on next season after Kaveides, Ventola and AJ have left, he'll be back to being the main man!

Beanie
16-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Why should AJ leave? Either he will score lots of goals in which case Palace will stay up and he'll want to stay or he won't score many in which case Palace could well go down, but his one great season will be seen as a flash in the pan and nobody will come in for him. That even assumes he'd want to move or anybody could afford the fee with a four year contract to buy out.

Dougie will still have a fight for his place, but it's good he's decided to stay put.

Any news on Tommy btw?

Al From Bromley
16-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Good for Doogie. I reckon Dowie will need him sooner than he thinks.

CK
16-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Well pleased. If only 'cause we love him. If ID ever wants to play someone in the 'hole' behind AJ and Sanji :p

willythesqueeze
16-09-2004, 12:16 PM
I've always thought Dougie was a Palace hero and was disappointed that he was played so little last season. Now he has gone even further up in my estimation. What a star! I hope he gets a chance to score the remaining 8 (and hopefully more) sooner rather than later.

:p

Cleon
17-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Stay Dougie, stay. Never put on that dirty white shirt. Ever. Not even for a second.

Eagles4eva
17-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Just seen that Tommy is off to Sheffield United. :(

BOLLOCKS

weh8millwall
17-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Eagles4eva
Just seen that Tommy is off to Sheffield United. :(

BOLLOCKS

He's an ugly anyway :rolleyes: :D

75points
17-09-2004, 08:14 PM
I still say that in the first half Dougie although not at his supreme made more defence spliting passes to AJ which should have seen us out of sight . Play the Dougster in the whole behind AJ and Tor - 2 wingers are a luxory in the premiership - this strategy will surely take us down.

silver
18-09-2004, 09:20 AM
i think dougie will play on tuesday night

Newts G
20-09-2004, 09:16 AM
An Ipswich Town supporting mate of mine said that there was a rumour floating around their club that they are after Freedman on a loan deal. He E-mailed me this morning asking whether I had heard the same thing.

I told him that if it is just rumour I very much doubt it as Dougie has already turned Leeds down.

howard
20-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by silver
i think dougie will play on tuesday night

I hope so, Iv'e got him down to score!

Clapham Grand
08-10-2004, 09:17 AM
I see Freedman has been linked to Ipswich again - Joe Royle was at the reserves the other night

Great Lombardi
08-10-2004, 09:18 AM
I see Freedman has been linked to Palace again - Joe Royle was at the reserves the other night

Freedman linked to palace, could be a story in that!!!!;)

davematt
08-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Also beeb linked with Rotherham and Sheff Wed this morning in the papers. Dougie must be tempted!! :D