PDA

View Full Version : Michael Ricketts!


AndyT
13-09-2004, 01:54 PM
According to Tribal Football Palace and Norwich are keeping tracks on the ex-england donkey as he has been released by Leeds after only 3 months! Wonder why that was!!

Jasper
13-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Leave well alone. do we really need another striker? cant see this happening.

cpfc_spc1982
13-09-2004, 01:59 PM
laughable.

Jim Cannon
13-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Jasper
Leave well alone. do we really need another striker? cant see this happening.

Seconded. I can't remember the last time he scored either.

Braders
13-09-2004, 03:47 PM
No thanks.

Walsh-Palace
13-09-2004, 03:48 PM
He is 'CRAP'

Daveyboyross
13-09-2004, 03:50 PM
If it was a choice between the Dougster and Ricketts it's Dougie every time.

zonin2000
13-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Released by Leeds after 3 months?

What a truly spectacular fall from grace. Played for England two and a half years ago, then commanded a multi million pound fee.

JamieBcpfc
13-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Total bollocks

mainstandeagle
13-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh God NO.

Trolley
13-09-2004, 07:15 PM
My good self was in conversation apropos 'Ricketts' at the weekend and was informed that the laddie was actually a midfielder but was converted to a forward by 'Ray Graydon'.

I was also enlightened by the news that the laddie had actually been 'Fined' FOUR times by 'Bolton' for possessing excess body fat.

PS - The 'Source' of this information is exceedingly reliable but shall remain nameless.;) ;)

Gooders
13-09-2004, 08:51 PM
He's fatter than Heskey.

cpfc_connection
13-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
My good self was in conversation apropos 'Ricketts' at the weekend and was informed that the laddie was actually a midfielder but was converted to a forward by 'Ray Graydon'.



so does this mean that palace are apparently showing an interest because dowie would convert him back into a midfielder?

selhurst
13-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by AndyT
According to Tribal Football Palace and Norwich are keeping tracks on the ex-england donkey
http://forums.caligari.com/gameSpace/images/smilies/lolig.gif

Bunsen Honeydew
14-09-2004, 09:55 AM
I like your smiley selhurst. Excellent!

Ralph
14-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
My good self was in conversation apropos 'Ricketts' at the weekend and was informed that the laddie was actually a midfielder but was converted to a forward by 'Ray Graydon'.



My "mate" played in the same "team" as Ricketts when they were both "laddies" and they were the strike "partnership" that got Ricketts (sadly not my mate) noticed down at the "Bescott". Unless of course you were talking about cub scouts 5 a side "Trolley"?

Malakite
14-09-2004, 10:33 AM
we could do a LOT worse than Ricketts IMHO.

m355y
14-09-2004, 11:48 AM
:p

bye Michael. Don't let the door bounce off your lardy arse on the way out.

jazman
14-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I think I read that he is on 20,000 a week at Leeds, but has he really had enough time? Dougie is miles better anyway.

NO1FAN
14-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Akinbiyi mark 2

m355y
14-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Ricketts has been piss poor. Before last Saturday neither he nor Joachim, the first choice 'strikers', had scored a goal. And when one of them decides to play a blinder it's Joachim, Ricketts has looked really ineffective. For such a 'big name' player it's incredible to find out first hand that they're so awful. This guy isn't even first division quality.

No loss at all, and a good reduction of the wage bill too.

I'm hoping for Freedman now, predictably....

Clapham Grand
14-09-2004, 01:14 PM
no ta

Big Fella
14-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Meanwhile, inside SJ'S office...

SJ "I see that Ricketty fella is available. Whaddya reckon ugly chops?"
ID "No thanks, he's lost his cofidence and his control has a certain bounceability about it".
SJ "But he's free......"
ID " No really, he's not what we need".
SJ "(clicks his knuckes) but he's free....."
ID "No Simon"
SJ " FOR F**KS SAKE HE'S F**KING FREE.."
ID " Oh bugger this, I'm off to Blackburn!".

GUCCI Eagle
14-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Dowie said that Bolton's method is staying up is best. Rickett's is typical of that sort of player who has shown some real promise, but just needs some good coaching and another chance.

eagles #1
14-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Fella
Meanwhile, inside SJ'S office...

SJ "I see that Ricketty fella is available. Whaddya reckon ugly chops?"
ID "No thanks, he's lost his cofidence and his control has a certain bounceability about it".
SJ "But he's free......"
ID " No really, he's not what we need".
SJ "(clicks his knuckes) but he's free....."
ID "No Simon"
SJ " FOR F**KS SAKE HE'S F**KING FREE.."
ID " Oh bugger this, I'm off to Blackburn!". :D have you bugged SJ's office or something?;)