PDA

View Full Version : Steve Guppy

Sires
14-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Just found out today that Steve Guppy and Craig Hignett are on a free and I think Guppy would be a vital midfield signing with experience having played already for Leicester and Celtic. Atleast we know who he is.

zonin2000
Who?

oz_da II
I thought Guppy signed for Stoke?

GUCCI Eagle
14-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Is there anyone else that has been dumped by Leeds we'd like to sign?

cpfc_connection
14-09-2004, 02:26 PM
hignett is already at darlington and guppy has gone to stoke on a 3 month deal i believe.... but i do think guppy would have been a good player for us.

Big Fella
14-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I think Guppy went to Stoke and Hignett went to Darlington.

oz_da II
14-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Yesterday's players anyway.
Nothing to see here. Move on, people. :hi:

LP
14-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Both past their prime, both have been farmed out by Premiership clubs in recent times. And we can add Kachoul and Ricketts to that as well. Lets face it players aren't normally free agents at this time in the season, unless they're either past it or have lost any form they once had.

hilairehair
14-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Guppy's past it by light years.

gold76
14-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by hilairehair
Guppy's past it by light years.

Yeah, but's he got a great left foot on him & will do a good job for stoke..

ANDYEAGLE
14-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Yeah, but's he got a great left foot on him & will do a good job for stoke..

Guppy was a good player and may well do a good job for a lower league side like Stoke but at the moment We are in the Premier league and need quality players who might just keep us there. Two weeks ago we were talking about Gonzalez and Petit two players who could make a massive difference to us and now we are talking Hignett & Guppy these players will help keep us up? I don't think so.

Sires
14-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Oh while people like Fitz Hall and Wayne Andrews sure will.

ANDYEAGLE
14-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Sires
Oh while people like Fitz Hall and Wayne Andrews sure will.

I am not sure how Hall and Andrews are relevant to this topic but since you have picked out these two I will comment.
Wayne Andrews was virtually an exchange for Williams and will probably at best make the bench this season . Hall is certainly a premier player but being played out of position at the moment. We have many players in the squad who are probably not going to be good enough for the premier thats why if we do sign anyone it has to be players who will give us a chance of staying up and I am sorry I do not think that Guppy and Hignett at this stage in their careers are what we require. Of course many people may not agree with me its just my opinion!

gjtango
14-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Just found out today that Steve Guppy and Craig Hignett are on a free and I think Guppy would be a vital midfield signing with experience having played already for Leicester and Celtic. Atleast we know who he is.

They'd both be shit in the Premiership and not much better in Championship league. Both passed it. Pointless thread. Next..

Reps AJ
15-09-2004, 12:35 PM

I can't work out if this is a piss take or not....

Are there really people out there that think Guppy would be a vital midfield signing?:eek:

Selhurst Celtic
15-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Guppy is pony. Trust me.

Selhurst CELTIC.

max power
15-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
I can't work out if this is a piss take or not....

Are there really people out there that think Guppy would be a vital midfield signing?:eek:

well it was posted by his mum :p

Sires
15-09-2004, 04:55 PM
No come on guys we was good at Celtic and we need cover in midfield someone experienced. Just cause someone is free doesn't mean they are shit. Players are sometimes released due to space being left in the sqaud for them for example Hasslebaink or Wiltord.

hernehilleagle
15-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Would have been a decent signing

CreweEagle v.3
15-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Higgnett had a go at Crewe last season, he was so crap he could not get in the team........past it

c_block_lad
15-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by CreweEagle v.3
Higgnett had a go at Crewe last season, he was so crap he could not get in the team........past it

Now at Darlington after being released by Leeds!

:eek: , Darlington also signed former 'Boro and Ipswich striker Alun Armstrong today as well.

kolinkins
15-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Was crap for Liecester last season