PDA

View Full Version : wayne Andrew

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 02:31 PM
only one Wayne Andrews!

losteagle
16-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I think you might possibly be incorrect, there may be only one wayne Andrews at Palace but I am sure that there are more wayne Andrews out there in the wider world

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the club mate! Quick intelligent and hardworking the only thing this player lack is proven goalscoring but it will come! Went to about 18 of his games last year as its where my nan lives and i promise you he looked awsome and i do sicerley believe given his chancehe will not let the side in red and blue down.

Lets hear it for Super Wayne Andrew!!!!!1

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Losteagel you silly billy!

losteagle
16-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Dougie, i certainly hope that he does prove to be a good player for us. he seems to be a much more suitable signing than some of the others as i presume we will be able to keep hold of him if we don't mange to saty up this season

eagles #1
16-09-2004, 02:45 PM
erm yea, ra ra ra

DougieFreedman9
16-09-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah he certainly is a good one if the worst happens he's alittle in the clinton mould by the way

Mr Palace
16-09-2004, 03:24 PM
I used to watch him play for St Albans City about five years ago and he was rubbish. I also have a Colchester United supporting mate who doesn't rate him at all. He's got a poor scoring record at second division level so I'm wondering how he'll adapt to the Premiership.

He's also 26 and should have been more established by now (and yes I know Ian Wright didn't make it until he was 23). Needless to say I'm not overly excited by this signing and suspect he's been bought with a view to us being relegated.

Panther
16-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Great, so he's either awesome or rubbish, depending on whom you believe. Think I'll form my own opinion after I've seen him play a few times but I take Mr Palace's point about his goal scoring record which doesn't exactly whet the appetite. Perhaps he's not been bought as an out and out scorer though?

mojoeagle
16-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Probably get his chance against Hartlepool

Mr Palace
16-09-2004, 04:21 PM
He's got great pace and is blistering at times, but he's first touch reminds me of Lee Sinnott's! I really don't think he'll set the Premiership alight and it strikes me as though he'd struggle in Division One. Interesting that he plays as an out-and-out striker and only scored 12 goals last season, whereas Gareth Williams got 8 in 15 games while on loan at the same club. Something puzzles me about this one, but I imagine Dowie must have seen something in Andrews to convince him that he could do a job for us.

pattaya pete
16-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Sounds like he might do the drinks at half time!