PDA

View Full Version : Black loaned to Sheff Utd

SmithEagle
17-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Tommy Black is joining Sheffield United on loan as Neil Warnock's men have beaten Leeds United to his signature.

The Blades have snared the Crystal Palace winger on a temporary basis despite competition from their Yorkshire rivals.

The Chigwell-born wide man is looking for first team football and has been allowed to leave by Palace manager Iain Dowie.

Although he enjoyed a purple patch the season before last, Black has struggled to hold down a regular place at Selhurst Park and has accepted the opportunity to help United push for promotion.

The 24-year-old could make his debut in Saturday's tough trip to high-flying Wigan Athletic if the paperwork is completed in time.

Sussex Eagle
17-09-2004, 10:21 AM
:lux: Hope he proves me wrong (actually I'm not sure if i do), but I doubt TB will play for Palace again. Shame :D

eagles #1
17-09-2004, 10:27 AM
i think it is a shame actually. good luck tommy and i hope you return!

Eagles4eva
17-09-2004, 10:28 AM
where have you heard this from?

LP
17-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Will be interesting to see how he does there.

smileysmith
17-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Good luck Tommy. Don't think we'll see you again in a red'n'blue shit.

weh8millwall
17-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Good, give him some games, and hopefully a quick route to ship him out permanently. He may one day prove me wrong, but i don't think he will ever make the grade in the Premiership. He's only even an average Championship player....

Maidstoned Eagle
17-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Good luck Tom, don΄t come back a filthy cheating cynical ••••••• though.

Pub Idol
17-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by weh8millwall
Good, give him some games, and hopefully a quick route to ship him out permanently. He may one day prove me wrong, but i don't think he will ever make the grade in the Premiership. He's only even an average Championship player....

Always had the ability to be something special. Someone will get the best out of him.

Windom Earle
17-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Now we have no competition on the right wing. Our only options are to play Kolkka and Routledge EVERY game. Stupid!

Men At Work
17-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Good luck Tom, don΄t come back a filthy cheating cynical ••••••• though.

Unless we need a late penalty against Walsall, of course.

Raoul Duke
17-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Windom Earle
Now we have no competition on the right wing. Our only options are to play Kolkka and Routledge EVERY game. Stupid!

Unless its a season long loan we should be able to recall Tommy at any time.

Chief Brody
17-09-2004, 10:45 AM
The very best of luck TB. Hope to see you in a Palace shirt again!

PalaceMonkey
17-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Good luck Tommy. Don't think we'll see you again in a red'n'blue shit.

how do you get red n blue shits?

Windom Earle
17-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Unless its a season long loan we should be able to recall Tommy at any time.

Hope so. How about though Routledge actually feeling his position maybe in doubt? And that he actually has to play well most games to keep his place. As long as he is fit he has a three month holiday in the premiership.

DougleMcNori
17-09-2004, 10:48 AM
One of my favourite players going to my LEAST favourite club with the biggest TOSSER of a manager ever. Hope he does really really well and comes back to play in for Palace. There are plenty worse players than him who have played many more games for us and yet they havent had to endure months on the bench.

Good memories of his brace at Blackpool, his screamer against Rotherham and of course the burst into the box to win the all important penalty in the playoff run in last season.

All the best Tommy - hope you hit the headlines

Bartman
17-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
how do you get red n blue shits?

You have to have owned a season ticket for 30 years and have not missed a game EVER.

eagles #1
17-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Unless its a season long loan we should be able to recall Tommy at any time. i got a txt from palace saying that Tommy's joined them on a month's loan. so he'll be back unless they want to extend it after.

Marshall
17-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by weh8millwall

Might need a few average Championship players next season :D

Beanie
17-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Hope so. How about though Routledge actually feeling his position maybe in doubt? And that he actually has to play well most games to keep his place. As long as he is fit he has a three month holiday in the premiership.
Don't honestly think that Wayne felt any pressure from Tommy Black in any case. Probably greater pressure from the option of play Danny Butterfield there when fit.

Hopefully Tommy will get his chance to peform given a few games and perhaps come back as a threat to Wayne, if not this has to be the first step out.

griggs
17-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work

We must remember that this is one of the many reasons we got promoted. Poor old Simon Osborn

cpfc_spc1982
17-09-2004, 11:21 AM
i think he will do well on loan.

TheCharmer
17-09-2004, 11:24 AM
dowie wouldn't have released him unless he has complete faith in Kaviedes, Soares and other s to offer cover for Routledge and Kolkka

ANDYEAGLE
17-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
i think he will do well on loan.

Yes so do I. I personally think Tommy can still do a job for us and at least be kept to cover for Wayne. It seems an age now since he has even had a first team chance. I have seen him many times recently playing in the reserves and he has worked hard and showed he has ability(which many seem to doubt). His attitude in the past has not been good but in recent times he has really knuckled down.

johnnytemper
17-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work

Ah, the lad's finest hour!

Never been a huge fan, but he's always looked as if he tried hard even if things weren't really coming off for him...

...though probably best that he's off now with Aston Villa away on the horizon (the memory of that majestic finish on the goal line to put the ball up, over and closer to the goal at St Andrews than Villa Park last season probably would bring tears to his eyes...!)

Louis
17-09-2004, 11:36 AM
TB has repeatedly failed to convince, after showing early promise when he joined with Julian Gray from Arsenal. Gray has so far turned out to be by far the better player.

nookiebear
17-09-2004, 11:36 AM

Kollka can play on the right, Hughes can play on the left

ANDYEAGLE
17-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Louis
TB has repeatedly failed to convince, after showing early promise when he joined with Julian Gray from Arsenal. Gray has so far turned out to be by far the better player.

Julian has turned out to be the better player but really based on his run at the end of last season . IMO Tommy has not had that chance in recent times and I hope he proves what a good player he now is at Sheffield.

cpfcben
17-09-2004, 11:58 AM
http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~565599,00.html?ptvParm=

Ron Dogers
17-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
dowie wouldn't have released him unless he has complete faith in Kaviedes, Soares and other s to offer cover for Routledge and Kolkka

Or unless SJ wants to trim the wage bill for a month??:clown:

mojoeagle
17-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry to see him go, hope he comes back. Should be given a chance in the Prem first before we let him go, been banging the goals in for the reserves.

Maidstoned Eagle
17-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by mojoeagle
I'm sorry to see him go, hope he comes back. Should be given a chance in the Prem first before we let him go, been banging the goals in for the reserves.

Gareth Williams had been doing that for a couple of years and look where he is now.

glaziers fan
17-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Great move for Tommy Black. He is talented enough to make it in at least the Championship. However he was far too inconsistent for us. I felt sorry for him before because I didn't think he was given a proper go under Bruce, Smith or Francis, but I think he was given a proper chance under Kember and blew it. I turned against him when he got himself stupidly sent off in the friendly vs Brescia. Good luck Tommy, but I think now is the right time for you to move on.

Raf
17-09-2004, 02:41 PM
More hilarity from the 'official' site. This from their player profile of Tommy...

Name: Tommy Black
Nationality: Scottish
Date of Birth: 26/11/1979
Weight: 11st 8lbs (73.54kg)
Previous Clubs: Arsenal, Carlisle, Bristol City
Position: Defender

:rolleyes:

silver
17-09-2004, 04:13 PM
good luck tommy

limited_edition
17-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Tommy's not a winger. Ok, he can beat people, but he can't cross a road. I reckon he's best just off the front two strikers. Or one. He's gotta a cracking shot on him from distance. Shame he doesn't pass to his team mates more. Good luck Tommy.

Webb
17-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Good luck to him, and lets hope he comes back with a ton of new found confidence.

Selhurst300
18-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Note that Sheff Utd lost 4-0 today. Was TB playing?

AJ
18-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Black did get a chance under Francis and scored something like 9 goals in 2 months....then he crawled back into his shell and has stayed until his effort at Dry Board Diving against Walsall last season earnt us a penalty. Those 3 minutes seemed to be it for last season!

Super Mabbutt
18-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Good luck Tom. Give Colin a message from all at CPFC....W@nk£r

Nelson Muntz
18-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Selhurst300
Note that Sheff Utd lost 4-0 today. Was TB playing?
Came on at half time.

imashed
18-09-2004, 07:54 PM
he score against us next season

hernehilleagle
19-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Good luck Tommy, but you'd better come back!

Brett
19-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Scottish?

Braders
19-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Defender?

st albans
22-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by imashed
he score against us next season

if we go back down i can see him staying with us IMHO

Barry
22-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Is the loan with a view to a permanent move?

If he did go permanently, do you reckon we'd get any money for him? If hes still in contract I reckon 200-300k.

Hes had his chances at Palace, and apart from that spell of scoring all those goals up front, has only ever impressed in flashes.

He is one of those players (Curcic, Nicky Rizzo etc) that the fans have always had an unrational admiration for. Hes an Ok player but no way Premierleague standard.

Good luck in the Championship, Tommy :hi:

Shipp Ahoy!
22-09-2004, 01:35 PM
NO! At least £500k with a definate clause in such as sell on fee.

Let's not do another Kabba! Although I am not saying Tommy is as good.

rhiannapaul
22-09-2004, 03:53 PM
bad business again kokkla is pony black scored loads of goals pre season wots going on

Clapham Grand
22-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rhiannapaul
bad business again kokkla is pony black scored loads of goals pre season wots going on

:clown: :p

cpfcben
22-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
:clown: :p
well said cg

tasty_snacks
22-09-2004, 08:49 PM
good luck to the lad, some memorable performances down the years. a first/second leg against cardiff in the league cup years ago springs to mind. i was walking down holmesdale after the match thinking we had the next david beckham! :eek:

don't think he is a premiership player, but if that logic dictates which players we offfload, we won't have much of a first 11 left! let's not forget it's just a month- most likely a fitness/games thing.

simon
23-09-2004, 03:54 PM
He played for them in the Cup on Tuesday. Kind of suggests that Dowie doesn't even see him as backup.

charltonhater
26-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Scored yesterday, the sort of goal he was scoring for Palace under Francis. I expect he'll have his loan spell extended for a few more months.

Owngoal
27-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Not only scored was voted man of the match - perhaps Dowie sees a deal for a Sheff Unt player in January?

Nelson Muntz
27-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Owngoal
Not only scored was voted man of the match - perhaps Dowie sees a deal for a Sheff Unt player in January?
Tonge? Left sided mid-fielder I think.

Webb
27-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Tommy back fighting for a place if he contiunes like this.

Kirby
27-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Tonge? Left sided mid-fielder I think.

Please god no.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
27-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by imashed
he score against us next season why you talk like that?

Lord Flange
27-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
why you talk like that?

Why you not my friend any more Roland?